Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,078 members, 7,867,092 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:37 AM

Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) (22850 Views)

Ibrahm Magu & Judas Iscariot Advert On ThisDay Newspaper (Photo) / House Of Representatives Members' Wives Association Put Up Advert On Newspaper / Buhari Advertises For Sale Of 2 Presidential Jets As Crisis Hits Economy (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by phemmie06(m): 6:53am On May 27, 2016
Any government unable to cater for her people is a failed government and the board of the government should resign honorably

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by superstar1(m): 7:18am On May 27, 2016
Govt should simply return back those schools to the religious bodies that own the schools before.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by 989900B: 7:45am On May 27, 2016
rose54321:

Which would you prefer, "Free education" in a debilitated environment -no infrastructure, under qualified teachers, no system conducive for impacting any knowledge.
You end up with uneducated school leavers.

Or an affordable education with up-to-date facilities and expertise that can compete with global trends.

Have you been to any state school, if no, you cannot understand my point.

You have spoken well!

I saw my old schools (2 of them were arguably one of the best by a long mile in the country at the time), and I couldn't hold the tears for what have become of them.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by 989900B: 7:47am On May 27, 2016
superstar1:
Govt should simply return back to schools to th religious bodies that own the schools before.

I thought about this too . . . but not all were owned by the missionaries, and do they have the funds to cater for the increased population now?
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by juman(m): 8:20am On May 27, 2016
Hmmm.

Obafemi awolowo: a leader of uncommon match.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by chigoizie7(m): 8:25am On May 27, 2016
Is it that they can't maintain d schools or that they can't pay salaries, I want to get these things right.

If it is about payment of salaries, then, those people are in big mess.

If it is to maintain the standard of education. It should be handed over to the churches. 70% to churches( I don't know in oyo, maybe muslims inclussive) and 30% to be maintained by state. But the state should be paying salaries to all, while management is by churches.

In anambra, the 70% was divided amongst Anglican and catholic churches, both denomination of churches, ever since then, has been fighting to outshine each other both in management sectors,academic excellence, morals, infrastructures and code of conduct. With this type of competition, none of them have bacslided. As for the remaining 30%? The general public now see them as 2nd class schools( principal and teachers inclussive even when they are all in the same salary scale) those ones couldn't take either, they joined the completion as well.

Now we have 3 sets of competitors, ( Anglican and catholics) are competing in church angle, while (state managed and church managed schools) are competing in another angle. But one thing is clear, they all want to come out to be the best. And that is why Anambra is going stronger in terms of education.

State still funds all of them equally. Few weeks ago, obiano gave out over 400million to churches to maintain the schools with, he will also through the ministry of education, send funds to public managed schools.

Generators and buses, given out to every school in the state, churches and public schools inclussive.

I don't know,instead of what oyo planned to do, they should just follow anambra footsteps, that is if they can afford the salaries oh.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Rolings: 8:37am On May 27, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

You already did with the ACN.

Public infrastructure built with public funds and then privatised e.g. Lekki expressway and Ikoyi link bridge.

Just to mention a few.

Do you know the difference between privatization and public private partnership because if you do you will not be saying all this

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Rolings: 8:42am On May 27, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

With minimum wage for oyo state far below the minimum federal approved 18k how will the bulk of civil servants afford to send their wards to school?

When agbereoes and thieves increase in your Southwest land don't begin to complain.

Already the sw is dropping fast in the education sector with states like Osun dragging position with yobe state.

You can't put a prize on education.

What will you prefer to see ; over inflated and badly constructed roads that will degrade in less than one year after construction in place of schools?

You zombies are churning out a future apocalypse in your useless region

Continue in this line of throwing insults at my tribe and I promise you you will get a ban. If your region is progressing educationally good for you leave south west alone. After all nobody is castigating you for voting the way you did in the general elections so what's your fixation with the south west and whichever party they chose to vote .
You are warned

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Rolings: 8:49am On May 27, 2016
ademusiwa12:
[size=28pt]If he knows he can't manage the school. He transfer the schools to western Nigeria,
He should not sell the schools.

He has no power to sell the schools.

He should just transfer the schools to western Nigeria.

This is the mistake you are all making.

.[/size]

I didn't expect this type of comment from you. He is not SELLING the schools but going into public private partnership. Education is currently free in Oyo state but at what cost, poor infrastructures , no training to teachers ,and the decline in the state revenue means the free system can't be continued at least for now. Citizens should be able to at least pay a token for the education of their children . If you think education is expensive try ignorance

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by callJesu: 9:07am On May 27, 2016
This is terrible
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by DIFY20(f): 9:10am On May 27, 2016
stupid region
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by DIFY20(f): 9:32am On May 27, 2016
guy u harsh
VulgarVulvas:
SW states are so broke that they are now selling off schools.

This is as bad as it gets.

After selling off schools then what services are the govt expected to maintain and provide?

After schools then we should expect hospitals owned by the state govt to be sold off.

This means there is no need for a publicly funded office of the state governor as the state governors office is now merely a private institution milking the populace and doing nothing in return but auction public services.

Awolowo will be turning in his grave at what the current Tinubu led rascal gang is doing to his legacy of free education in his region.

This is how that rascal in Osun sold off govt school to make way for shopprite.

Tinubu remains a canker worm that must be uprooted
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by tiwiex(m): 9:33am On May 27, 2016
kelvinreality:

This advert is clamouring for partnership with a sum of 250,000.
grin

All what I can infer from this info are

(1) This is public owned institution and I think minimum of those who will apply will be more than 20 which equals #5millon

(2) From (1) above, since they are in partnership there will be increased in tuition fee to support the dividend/interest payable to the partners.

(3) Other public institutions may follow suit with such policy and leave the government with less service to render to the masse. I wonder why we have government institutions?

(4) Since Government can't subsidize this fee again it may result to less enrolment of students due to the fee hike.

This is actually a good investment to the Government, but I do hope there will be something beneficial for the common man. cheesy

Health, education, power and roads are public goods (everyone uses or needs them. It is not optional). Once they are privatized, they become expensive and inaccessible to the common man. See the case with power. This is a sad trend. Public schools are substitutes to private schools for low income earners. Change has happened in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by anonimi: 9:36am On May 27, 2016
kelvinreality:
It is illegal to vote in corporation into office!! Where has such been done?
We are know it is their duties to provide services, but what we do not know is if they have good policy for the implementation of such services??

Is it legal to pay the governor and his political appointees huge salaries and watch them STEAL our money while they do NOT provide services for which they were elected
This same useless Ajimobi of a governor gave N2 million to the minister from Oyo state to SUBSIDISE whatever he received from Buhari to get a "DECENT" accommodation, not so?
If they do not have good policies to implement what they are REQUIRED to implement, should they not resign or be sacked?
Is that not what they do to football coaches of those clubs we love to watch in our colonial SLAVE mentality
For how long shall we black people remain the scums of the earth?
For how long

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473732_salary_jpegb17a7eccd26afd09fff05feea950ccff

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by anonimi: 9:38am On May 27, 2016
989900B:
I thought about this too . . . but not all were owned by the missionaries, and do they have the funds to cater for the increased population now?

I thought that the increased population has one brain and two hands, not so
Let the government create the enabling environment & incentives for people to WORK so that it can TAX them, abi na wetin oyinbo societies they do?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3764001_3474_jpeg3832fac792898f4e6fe5970a1342cf7d

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Adesiji77: 9:39am On May 27, 2016
INTERMAN:
Hmm Taciturn

"Collaboration"

"Public Private Partnership"

Are these not different from an outright sale or am I missing something here?
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by ade2008(m): 9:39am On May 27, 2016
With this new Oyo state government policy, there will be large number of secondary schools dropouts in Oyo. what's the essence of governance ,if they find it hard to fund basic education. Even health is in shambles,bad roads, decaying infrastructure everywhere. The question is why is black man like .

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by compoundC: 9:39am On May 27, 2016
[siz
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by angayejay(m): 9:48am On May 27, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

No it isn't fcking ok.
Hahahah. E remain for them to sell their wives

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by compoundC: 9:51am On May 27, 2016
[qu
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Kennydoc(m): 9:51am On May 27, 2016
aresa:

Aregbe built more schools than all your lazy and unproductive villages combined..

Osun was 29th out of the 36 states in Nigeria plus the FCT in the last WAEC SSCE result compilation, even behind Borno State. That's what the guy was referring to.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by shehuolayinka(m): 9:52am On May 27, 2016
This change self. Me no dey gbadun am at all

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Nobody: 9:56am On May 27, 2016
Our Politicians are not leaders but rulers...I can't imagine a governor of a state not been able to manage and generate resources ffor it states. Only waiting for allocations from the Federal. Now Oyo state cannot manage schools but wanting to partner with private sector...in Obj's voice 'I still dey laughh' grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 10:14am On May 27, 2016
rose54321:

Firstly, let this be the last, emphasis on the word "Last", time you quote me and insult me.

That said, this will be my last reply to you, i don't waste my typing time replying absurd comments.
It's common knowledge that no other tribe in Nigeria (except maybe the Igbos) prioritize education like the West. Its equally crystal clear that States are getting bankrupts, when you can't pay salaries how will you afford to maintain schools.

Yes, most state governors f.cked up with allocations in the past when oil prices were reasonable, but now we have to be realistic.
Why maintain schools, owe teachers salaries, deliver substandard education, when the private sector is there.
what i believe the Govt will do is set price controls/caps, so school fees don't exceed a certain amount.

But to encourage the state government to continuing funding substandard education is the height of absurdity.

I would rather not go to school and be termed an illiterate, than graduate and be called an educated illiterate.

You're one of the few sensible people on this forum. I went to d sec sch(1 of d best during our time) i graduated in oyo state to sign a document.I almost shedding tears,most of d building are either collapse or in a very bad state.Learning will be interesting in a conducive and good infrastructural environment. This's a good initiative frm d state Govt(public-private partnership)

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by BABANGBALI: 10:21am On May 27, 2016
They should return all missionary schools back to them. Period

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by BABANGBALI: 10:23am On May 27, 2016
rose54321:

Firstly, let this be the last, emphasis on the word "Last", time you quote me and insult me.

That said, this will be my last reply to you, i don't waste my typing time replying absurd comments.
It's common knowledge that no other tribe in Nigeria (except maybe the Igbos) prioritize education like the West. Its equally crystal clear that States are getting bankrupts, when you can't pay salaries how will you afford to maintain schools.

Yes, most state governors f.cked up with allocations in the past when oil prices were reasonable, but now we have to be realistic.
Why maintain schools, owe teachers salaries, deliver substandard education, when the private sector is there.
what i believe the Govt will do is set price controls/caps, so school fees don't exceed a certain amount.

But to encourage the state government to continuing funding substandard education is the height of absurdity.

I would rather not go to school and be termed an illiterate, than graduate and be called an educated illiterate.

God bless you and your entire generation
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by uracocksucker: 10:25am On May 27, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

How will this Bennett the poor masses when they can't afford to pay their wards school fees?

I thought the SW prides themselves in providing free education?

If anything this will keep the poor forever in the poor class.

You obviously went to a State school with that thoughtless ideology, weak grammar and poor punctuation.

What will keep the poor people poor is lack of quality education and trust me when i tell you that the education provided in State schools at the moment is no education at all.

Yes the State should supposedly provide subsidized education but that's not enshrined in constitution or backed by law, so if its not done properly it should be farmed out to private individuals or organizations.

No offence buddy, but as long as the PPP is well structured, monitored, regulated and delivered, this is exactly what will get the poor people out of their caste

I speak passionately about this cause I myself attended a State run school in Ibadan - Oyo State for 2 years to complete my secondary education in the 2000's. It was better then, now, ..........SNM.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Nobody: 10:30am On May 27, 2016
tiwiex:

Health, education, power and roads are public goods (everyone uses or needs them. It is not optional). Once they are privatized, they become expensive and inaccessible to the common man. See the case with power. This is a sad trend. Public schools are substitutes to private schools for low income earners. Change has happened in Nigeria.

I concur.
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by banme1(m): 10:37am On May 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by Nobody: 10:44am On May 27, 2016
anonimi:

Is it legal to pay the governor and his political appointees huge salaries and watch them STEAL our money while they do NOT provide services for which they were elected
This same useless Ajimobi of a governor gave N2 million to the minister from Oyo state to SUBSIDISE whatever he received from Buhari to get a "DECENT" accommodation, not so?
If they do not have good policies to implement what they are REQUIRED to implement, should they not resign or be sacked?
Is that not what they do to football coaches of those clubs we love to watch in our colonial SLAVE mentality
For how long shall we black people remain the scums of the earth?
For how long

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473732_salary_jpegb17a7eccd26afd09fff05feea950ccff

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

The issue of stealing the national cake of the masses is not a new trend and that is being addressed by the current administration.

Every state in Nigeria has policy for the common man but the bane of such idea is the non implementation of those policy( this is mainly caused by insecure delegate apart from the head ). Sincerely speaking, those governors are working but they won't be able to do the work alone. Leaving the governor's alone, I have hardly heard of any senator who has done a laudable project, expect for continuous debate in the Senate?

Where are the claims to back your allegation of the suppose accommodation fee given by Ajimobi to a minister
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by anonimi: 10:56am On May 27, 2016
kelvinreality:
Leaving the governor's alone, I have hardly heard of any senator who has done a laudable project, expect for continuous debate in the Senate?

You obviously do NOT know the work of a senator.
Please find out from the constitution and come back to share what you found out.
Deal

Where are the claims to back your allegation of the suppose accommodation fee given by Ajimobi to a minister

See below =>

VillageParrot:
The Minister of Communication, Adebayo Shittu was only recently able to get an accommodation in Abuja after his state governor, Abiola Ajimobi graciously helped him with an extra N2 million, a source who did not want to be named also told this newspaper.
Re: Oyo Advertises Sale Of Public Schools On Newspaper( Photo) by chinchum(m): 11:09am On May 27, 2016
Great decision, i want to see it judiciously implemented.

Public private partnership is the way to go with the public schools, or missionary schools be returned to their previous owners.

There is no need to be politically correct on education affairs. It is time for practical and workable solutions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How PDP ‘Snatched’ Senate From APC / Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment / Suicide Bomber Who Hid IEDs In Stabilizer At Sabon Gari Jidari Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.