Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland (768 Views)

7 Reason Why You Must Be Rich / Thread Of Nairaland's Records By Nastycgolden (Photos) / What You Don't Know About Seun Osewa (founder Of Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by Damsonkc(m): 4:52am On May 27, 2016
After so many recommendations from friends and colleagues, and when the need to deliver targets at work as a digital marketer became unbearable, I reluctantly began my journey on Nairaland. It was sometime last year that I signed up and I realised the huge potential this platform presents for marketing/advertising legitimately or otherwise and for keeping up to date with information. I was awed by the number of traffic on this site and each time I see a poor and desperate blogger trying to get traffic to his blog by 'booking space' on FP and contributing nothing at all to a post but telling you to visit their blog. I thought it was foolish of them until I tried it and I recorded the greatest number of page views on my tiny literature/writing blog.
I really enjoy the comments on here and Nairaland is my goto site for latest gist and information. I even found many people like me here who are either agnostics or deists. I even saw a thread for Freemasonry which has always been a group I love so much. With these beautiful advantages of Nairaland, you may then wonder why I am writing this post with the title above.

Without mincing words, these three things put me off on Nairaland.

1: TRIBALISM

I am tired of coming online to read interesting posts only to be shattered and hurt by the number of hateful posts I see here from tribal bigots. Dear Igbo people and Yoruba people, you are not the owners of Nigeria alone. You people must get over yourselves and stop this shameful and hateful comments towards your respective tribes. I am Igbo and I was born and raised in the North. I went to University in the the SS, did my Youth Service in the SS and worked in the SW. I have been to 16 states in Nigeria and I have come across beautiful people all through my journey. I speak fluent Hausa and fluent Igbo and lived in the SE for a long while too. It is very very unfortunate what you people do here. Most of you have never left your region and that is why you insult other Nigerians at will. I've been around and I tell you that Nigerians are beautiful people despite our differences. The earlier we learn to respect one another, the better for us.

2: RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY

I have followed the story of Ese and some of the kidnapped Southern girls and some of the stories that have called our faiths to question. The islamophobia on Nairaland is real and it is pathetic. I was born into a Christian home but I never loved the religion as a child growing up in a Muslim community in Northern Nigeria. The contrast my immediate society provided me exposed me to a deeper understanding of man and religion. At a young age, I stopped going to church and I never went to the mosque. I realised how divisive both were. I believed and still believe there is a God but I always knew he was not in the church nor in the mosque. He didn't come from Nazareth nor from Medina. I studied other religions like Taoism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism, Baha'i et al and came to the conclusion that God is indeed personal. It was while studying at the University of Benin that I found out that people like me were called Deists. Everytime I watch how Nairalanders judge issues pertaining to religion, especially Islam, it hurts me. Respect other's views please. Islam is not perfect and so is Christianity.

3: APC vs PDP.

I watch daily as insults fly here over allegiance to political parties. Some call others Zombies, other's call them Wailers. As much as this presents a much needed comic relief in these hard times, it is plain stupid and a waste of time. PDP and APC are both thieves. None of them has the interest of you and I at heart. After filling their agbada with dollars, they throw Naira coins at us and laugh foolishly as we fight over crumbs. Nigerians must rise up to chase all these people out. We need to revolt to get to where we should be.

PS: I do not intend to insult anyone. This is my view and mine alone. It doesn't call for insults. If you insult me, I will find you and I will steal your tomatoes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by babagydoz(m): 5:25am On May 27, 2016
If you insult me, I will find you and I will steal your
tomatoes.....I don't think There are any tomatoes to steal oooo....nice write up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by Nobody: 5:30am On May 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by ebamma(m): 5:53am On May 27, 2016
When i first stumbled on Nl, a few years ago, I couldn't stay a day without visiting the site.
This days, Nairaland is so boring that i just pop in once in a while.
Re: 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by feldido(m): 6:43am On May 27, 2016
I Love Nairaland... Its my No 1 site. cool

But u are on point though, especially these Bigots won't allow a sweet thread move smoothly, and they are very smart in doing it even on topic that doesn't relate.
Re: 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by Damsonkc(m): 8:15am On May 27, 2016
As in, the way they twist every topic and turn it into a Yoruba/Igbo war is very funny. This should never continue.
Re: 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by olatunjithomas(m): 8:40am On May 27, 2016
it's like the moment you enter ñairaland, and ñairaland enters you, injecting the ñairaland spirit into you,your life no longer remain the same,you view a thread from an entirely different angle.well, it's all about you,nd how you think.

as for you OP, my tomatoes are covered with the canines of a bitch, beware of dog.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by Damsonkc(m): 11:11am On May 27, 2016
olatunjithomas:
it's like the moment you enter ñairaland, and ñairaland enters you, injecting the ñairaland spirit into you,your life no longer remain the same,you view a thread from an entirely different angle.well, it's all about you,nd how you think.

as for you OP, my tomatoes are covered with the canines of a bitch, beware of dog.

Nairaland exposed me to the harsh realities of our society. This your dog bad ooo
Re: 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by olatunjithomas(m): 12:26pm On May 27, 2016
Damsonkc:

Nairaland exposed me to the harsh realities of our society. This your dog bad ooo
boss, I no go lie ooo,when you buy 3 pieces of awful looking tomatoes for #500, Na lion sef I for use,Na dat lion go fit do am pass..
Re: 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 27, 2016
My broda.... D fact u are deist or wateva doesn't gve u d right to say Christianity is not perfect.. C wat u are saying ... Bringing religion,tribalism and politics... U are not ready to serve God... God is in us nd his presence is greatly in d Church...
Re: 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by UyiIredia(m): 2:24pm On May 27, 2016
Dry topics. Dont forget that.
Re: 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by Damsonkc(m): 9:35pm On May 27, 2016
OneTruePrince:
My broda.... D fact u are deist or wateva doesn't gve u d right to say Christianity is not perfect.. C wat u are saying ... Bringing religion,tribalism and politics... U are not ready to serve God... God is in us nd his presence is greatly in d Church...

Hey bro, my assertion is based on the fact that others do not see it as perfect just as Christians do not see other religions as perfect. Deism in itself is also very imperfect.
Re: 3 Reason Why I Get Tired Of Nairaland by Damsonkc(m): 9:39pm On May 27, 2016
UyiIredia:
Dry topics. Dont forget that.
Hahahaha. That one too.

(1) (Reply)

Obituary Of The Officer Cadet That Died In The Umuahia Autocrash / Accident Along Berger Road Claims Lives In Lagos On 21 - 07 - 2016 / President Buhari's Daughter Zahra Builds House For Over 90 Orphans In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.