Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,408 members, 7,861,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September - Sports (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September (45118 Views)

Poll: Who wins this match?

Nigeria: 84% (162 votes)
Tunisia: 8% (17 votes)
Draw: 6% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia (4 - 2): Semi-Final U-17 AFCON On Wednesday 24 April 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia : Basketball Olympics 2012: 60 - 56 On 29th July 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by eldee(m): 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

That good ol' satchet water is even filled with Malaria-tainted URINE.
Smelly and corrosive. grin grin grin

We know.
Mikel Obi lacks that presence in Africa.
Muntari, Drogba, Kalou, Adebayor, Essien, etc all play big roles for their national teams.
Mikel is a dork.

The problem with Nigeria is . . . each time we go for a foreign coach, we end up getting sum idiot that's busy coaching pub teams in Slovakia.
And then when they fail, we blame the fact that they're not Nigerian

Get a bleeping Capello or a Hiddink and see if Mikel will still be handpicking his National team matches.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by chic2pimp(m): 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2009
dayokanu:

Our next home game should be played in Nembe where Militants would come to support with the Machete and AK 47's

Yes oooo. Don't mind naija peeps giving excuse after excuse. Your team was F**king pathetic jare. Accept it and move on. If u like play the match on the moon. U would still be shyteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by dgreatrock(m): 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2009
mahal:

grin grin He came to the match with his sack letter in his breast pocket, didn't you see the sports minister signing it at the end of the match.?? grin grin

are you serious?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Lagosboy: 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2009
sunnela:

ONLY IN NAIJA WILL A 29YR OLD (OSAZE) HAVE MORE STRENGHT TO RUN AROUND ON THE PITCH THAN A 22 YR OLD9MIKEL0 24 YR OLD(UCHE KALU)
ONLY IN NAIJA
BASTARDS!

I thought i was the only one that notiiced Osaze running like a horse. Mikel is a joke honestly i really do not see what his role in the super eagles.

2006 absent
2010 absent ?

shame o shame.

Tunisians were even fasting under the heat , Bloddy eagles
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by CCampbell(m): 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2009
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, i restate my take on this whole issue:
1. The Nigerian team, as presently constituted is not even among the top 10 in Africa and we shouldn't delude ourselves any further!
2. Our national sports policy needs some re-direction. We need to FORGET ABOUT FOOTBALL FOR AT LEAST A WHOLE YEAR and focus on the so-lesser sports. You'd be amazed at how much progress we can make in sports like chess, table tennis, athletics etc given the crazy amounts spent on sponsoring football.
3. The entire team should be lined up and given 24 strokes of koboko , Amodu to receive 48!
4. Kanu is gone. He should tow Okocha's line and retire NOW!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by MustardInc: 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2009
[size=14pt]Disgust is what I feel           oh dear[/size]

[size=16pt]
How are we sure we can beat Kenya in Nairobi?

I see Mozambique even playing for a goal-less draw against Nigeria in Abuja

For the RECORDS, Nigeria has NOT made REAL PROGRESS since the PDP marriage! Bunkum!
[/size]
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Rhydem: 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2009
alleno:

I really am completely disgusted with the Super Eagles. They are all chickens. Their lackadaisical attitude is annoying. Who the hell do they think they are. Even Yaradua in all his mistakes and disasters does not shatter our hearts ever so often. 60,000 spectators cheering them did not provide any passion for them. Diving, no midfield, no defense.

Now to answer all those Mikel Supporters. Is he a footballer at all, with all the hype around him filling the shoes of the GREAT JJ OKOCHA, what has he brought to the table setup for the eagles. Absolutely nothing.

[b]Nigeria, once a mighty tree in the forest of football, has now become a shrub. [/b]Common Tunisia who were completely discouraged after the second goal. I hate to even mention it here that i live in the same area with that Adelelye guy. A basketball pro could have replaced him today.

What good can this things deliver us, are these the players that will represent us in the World Cup. If Messi and Argentina should eventually qualify, he alone will  dribble the Nigerian defense and score everytime he touches the ball. Its painful to see the expectation of the entire nigeria shattered everytime these guys play.

Lets even assume that the Coach is just an illiterate, is it difficult of players of class to distinguish themselves and singlehandedly take us out of the mess. I feel disappointed to be a supporter of the super eagles now.

Watched the match via web streaming, spent so much to increase the bandwidth to show on a projector, placed a sign outside so other nigerians could join in watching the match. 34 guys and girls, families, left their activities to see there hopes dashed against some stupid displays by proud idiots (Forgive my insults, the match just finished, still angry).

When will our guys learn, playing for Nigeria is not doing the population a favour. Even if it is, will Chealsea buy me as a player because i watched the match. Playing for the National team is like going for an interview, its more important for them that it is for us.

I will stop here as am doing my best to remain dignified and not destroy my reputation on nairaland or spoil my future political ambitions.
Have a great day

Exactly, we have now been replaced by the likes of Ghana, Egypt, Ivory Coast. But the same is also for Cameroon though.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by shesi(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2009
wow. are you guys watching the ghana game? the noise is level is defeaning. i miss my country today.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by tubabie(f): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2009
alleno:

I really am completely disgusted with the Super Eagles. They are all chickens. Their lackadaisical attitude is annoying. Who the hell do they think they are. Even Yaradua in all his mistakes and disasters does not shatter our hearts ever so often. 60,000 spectators cheering them did not provide any passion for them. Diving, no midfield, no defense.

Now to answer all those Mikel Supporters. Is he a footballer at all, with all the hype around him filling the shoes of the GREAT JJ OKOCHA, what has he brought to the table setup for the eagles. Absolutely nothing.

Nigeria, once a mighty tree in the forest of football, has now become a shrub. Common Tunisia who were completely discouraged after the second goal. I hate to even mention it here that i live in the same area with that Adelelye guy. A basketball pro could have replaced him today.

What good can this things deliver us, are these the players that will represent us in the World Cup. If Messi and Argentina should eventually qualify, he alone will  dribble the Nigerian defense and score everytime he touches the ball. Its painful to see the expectation of the entire nigeria shattered everytime these guys play.

Lets even assume that the Coach is just an illiterate, is it difficult of players of class to distinguish themselves and singlehandedly take us out of the mess. I feel disappointed to be a supporter of the super eagles now.

Watched the match via web streaming, spent so much to increase the bandwidth to show on a projector, placed a sign outside so other nigerians could join in watching the match. 34 guys and girls, families, left their activities to see there hopes dashed against some stupid displays by proud idiots (Forgive my insults, the match just finished, still angry).

When will our guys learn, playing for Nigeria is not doing the population a favour. Even if it is, will Chealsea buy me as a player because i watched the match. Playing for the National team is like going for an interview, its more important for them that it is for us.

I will stop here as am doing my best to remain dignified and not destroy my reputation on nairaland or spoil my future political ambitions.
Have a great day

Eeya, I feel you! embarassed
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Rhydem: 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2009
eldee:

The problem with Nigeria is . . . e[b]ach time we go for a foreign coach, we end up getting sum idiot that's busy coaching pub teams in Slovakia.
And then when they fail, we blame the fact that they're not Nigerian[/b]

Get a bleeping Capello or a Hiddink and see if Mikel will still be handpicking his National team matches.

You are right, the only solution is SiaSia, he will do a fantasitc job, scouting players following them bringing in decent youth players in which can develop with the crap players we currently have.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Lagosboy: 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2009
shesi:

it's not his fault. mourinho did this to him. and this is coming from a chelsea fan. don't blame mourinho (chelsea had plenty attacking midfielders), blame mikels advisers. i hear he rolls with quite a possi.

manchester utd bought him to fill roy keanes shoes. and his greedy advisers advised him to shun that for 30K more a week. most chelsea fans really dont rate him cus for 20mil or watever he costs he's been shyte.

I quite agree with you , he his nothing but shyte
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by chic2pimp(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2009
shesi:

wow. are you guys watching the ghana game? the noise is level is defeaning. i miss my country today.
I am watching it man. Proper atmosphere. There is no ajebutter kid there. Quality team I must say.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Sauron1: 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2009
eldee:

The problem with Nigeria is . . . each time we go for a foreign coach, we end up getting sum idiot that's busy coaching pub teams in Slovakia.
And then when they fail, we blame the fact that they're not Nigerian

We had the chance to get world class managers but NFF or NFA felt Amodu was the man to take us to Canaan.
Naija is so shit now we need to be thrown in a cess-pit for 10 years.
Bloody retards in the NFA. . . . . .People who know nowt about football development and management.
Military officers who are only interested in money and not the game.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You lot are just sore losers, check every post on NL before the match, see how you all were mouthing to high-heavens about how you were going to slice and dice the tunisians and how our buffoon coach amodu was going to see this trial through and we shall Woosaaaaa at 2010

Na wa for una oooooooh, grin grin grin

You all refused to see the writing on teh wall and based all yoru comments on teh usual arm-chair analysis as you always do each world cup qualifiers and each nations cup qualifiers for all our teams,

grin grin grin grin

Una no go ever learn

There is no replacement for true grit and quality blended by educated cohesion, our biuys no go school. and our 5 time naija coach sef no know book

stupidity has always been our bane in the NFF and other spheres
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Uche2nna(m): 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2009
My sympathies go to the peeps who still pay to watch the Eagles play, I do rather watch WWE at home and I hate that show
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by jalether(m): 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2009
chic2pimp:

Yes oooo. Don't mind naija peeps giving excuse after excuse. Your [/b]team was F**king pathetic jare. Accept it and move on. If u like play the match on the moon. [b]U would still be shyteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

mr man are u not a Nigerian undecided
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by eldee(m): 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2009
CCampbell:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, i restate my take on this whole issue:
1. The Nigerian team, as presently constituted is not even among the top 10 in Africa and we shouldn't delude ourselves any further!
2. Our national sports policy needs some re-direction. We need to FORGET ABOUT FOOTBALL FOR AT LEAST A WHOLE YEAR and focus on the so-lesser sports. You'd be amazed at how much progress we can make in sports like chess, table tennis, athletics etc given the crazy amounts spent on sponsoring football.
3. The entire team should be lined up and given 24 strokes of koboko , Amodu to receive 48!

That make no sense whatever . . .
The country's not deciding to spend money on football because they feel like

It's because that's what general public wants . . . even when you're crap at it.
So you can take your money to your chess tournament, Nigerians would rather lose in the first round of the Nations' Cup than win a flipping tabl-tennis tourney.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by beeswax: 7:43pm On Sep 06, 2009
eldee:

Those Abuja guys are dull abeg

They were throwing plastic bottles at the Tunisians when they scored . . . bleeping rich kids!!!
Lagos and PH woulda been good ol' sachet water . . . that'll teach them not to repeat that nonsense grin
eldee u r a clown   grin grin grin grin

but on a serious note, naija super eagles but why?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by sley4life(m): 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2009
jesus! Amodu must face the rot
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by chic2pimp(m): 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2009
jalether:

mr man are u not a Nigerian undecided
U and who? grin Lai lai not me. My dad is from the Ivory coast and my mum is ghanian.
lagerwhenindoubt:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You lot are just sore losers, check every post on NL before the match, see how you all were mouthing to high-heavens about how you were going to slice and dice the tunisians and how our buffoon coach amodu was going to see this trial through and we shall Woosaaaaa at 2010

Na wa for una oooooooh, grin grin grin

You all refused to see the writing on teh wall and based all yoru comments on teh usual arm-chair analysis as you always do each world cup qualifiers and each nations cup qualifiers for all our teams,

grin grin grin grin

Una no go ever learn

There is no replacement for true grit and quality blended by educated cohesion, our biuys no go school. and our 5 time naija coach sef no know book

stupidity has always been our bane in the NFF and other spheres
Don't mind dem. Naija peeps get big mouth. I don tell dem dia wingless chickens no go win dat game. Na so so yab wey I get. Una see ya lives now.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by omar22(m): 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2009
Mikel is now the scape goat

The BUCK STOPS AT THE TOP
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Sauron1: 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2009
chic2pimp:

I am watching it man. Proper atmosphere. There is no ajebutter kid there. Quality team I must say.

Ghana and CIV are ahead of us in West Africa.
There's no doubt about that.
How many of our players play in a BIG TEAM in Europe?

Check the other players in Africa and compare??
Mikel is the only player who gets to play in the UCL and he is a pile of self-service.
Others at best are just. . . . . . .mediocre!!!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by omobachi(m): 7:46pm On Sep 06, 2009
the chickens have come have come home to roast. grin grin nigeria not to qualify for the first wc on african soil.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Rhydem: 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2009
omobachi:

the chickens have come have come home to roast. grin grin nigeria not to qualify for the first wc on african soil.

It's very sad.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by shesi(m): 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2009
U and who?  Lai lai not me. My dad is from the Ivory coast and my mum is ghanian.

nice. but you have a dilemma as to who to support at the WC. actually, why chose. you can have the best of both worlds.lol
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by eldee(m): 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

We had the chance to get world class managers but NFF or NFA felt Amodu was the man to take us to Canaan.
Naija is so shit now we need to be thrown in a cess-pit for 10 years.
Bloody retards in the NFA. . . . . .People who know nowt about football development and management.
Military officers who are only interested in money and not the game.

See what Hiddink did for South Korean football.
We need someone that has a track record . . . not some idiot that's only in Nigeria to add one more reference on his CV.

For heaven's sake, what's wrong with people like Scolari and Luxemburgo??
We can afford them and they're desperate for new challenges . . . both sides benefit.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by princekevo(m): 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2009
shesi:

you see essien and muntari the two scorers for ghana on the night. that's what  big players do. they deliver when it matters.

Abegi no dey make noise here make we rest, They scored against who? Sudan, you no dey shame to dey talk am here.
We are talking abt football between two teams with european based players, European top club players and you are telling us about Ghana - sudan match with players wey jst dropped their guns from the bush into the field of play.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Rhydem: 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2009
eldee:

See what Hiddink did for South Korean football.
We need someone that has a track record . . . not some idiot that's only in Nigeria to add one more reference on his CV.

For heaven's sake, what's wrong with people like Scolari and Luxemburgo??
We can afford them and they're desperate for new challenges . . . both sides benefit.

No be serious question. And where will NFA be chopping their money from, be real.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Princek12(m): 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2009
I don't think we need foreign coaches but former players who have played in Europe and have undergone coaching courses--Samson Siasia is a prime example.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by chamotex(m): 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2009
At the end of the day if we cant beat Tunisia with 2 attempts, do we deserve to go to the WC??
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Rhydem: 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2009
princekevo:

Abegi no dey make noise here make we rest, They scored against who? Sudan, you no dey shame to dey talk am here.
We are talking abt football between two teams with european based players, European top club players and you are telling us about Ghana - sudan match with players wey jst dropped their guns from the bush into the field of play.

Ah, don't be making comments, I can trust slowpoke Eagles to draw against likes of Sudan or score in the 90th minute
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by PastorOla1: 7:53pm On Sep 06, 2009
What a result

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (46) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Shows Off Ripped Physique Ahead Of Boxing Showdown / The N261 Million Watch Rafael Nadal Wore To Win French Open / Ahmed Musa celebrate Buhari's victory with amazing Zanku dance steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.