Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September - Sports (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September (45033 Views)

Poll: Who wins this match?

Nigeria: 84% (162 votes)
Tunisia: 8% (17 votes)
Draw: 6% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia (4 - 2): Semi-Final U-17 AFCON On Wednesday 24 April 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia : Basketball Olympics 2012: 60 - 56 On 29th July 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Rhydem: 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2009
chamotex:

At the end of the day if we cant beat Tunisia with 2 attempts, do we deserve to go to the WC??

It is true but ah, no Nigeria in the world cup again. It is like England not being in the world cup twice in a row - someone would be hung.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by omar22(m): 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2009
Obi gets demonised because Nigeria choked

Olofinja-ROAD, was the Holding player who was meant to screen the back and meant to be extra descipline goes from a psoition where a shot was taken to equalise the first goal

Uche, All hype I would have trusted a one legged Yakubu than the Spanish based boys

Amodu - or should I say COCO THE CLOWN, am sorry we got all we deserved, sacking Bert Vogt you would have thought we would raise the bar but to go for Amodu!!! We you cant make a silk purse out of a pigs ear,
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by shesi(m): 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2009
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

And Ghana becomes the first african team to qualify. still undefeated. still no goals conceded.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by tubabie(f): 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2009
chic2pimp:

U and who? grin Lai lai not me. My dad is from the Ivory coast and my mum is ghanian.
Shut it! Ijebu boy

chamotex:

At the end of the day if we cant beat Tunisia with 2 attempts, do we deserve to go to the WC??

Don't sweat it, we dont deserve to go to the WC.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by eldee(m): 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2009
beeswax:

eldee u r a clown   grin grin grin grin

Why should we give them that much respect??
You scored againt Nigeria and you think you have the right to celebrate??
Bottled water . . . come on, that's N50 worth of poor missiles.

Sachet water bags filled with urine woulda done the job.

Didn't you hear of the famous Usher Raymond incident??
The plonker got a taste of the iced water treatment at the National Stadium in Lagos. grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by chyk91(m): 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2009
i am so pissed right now, the only thing i can say is that amodu's dick should be cut off and the entire super eagles should have their tongue cut off.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by chic2pimp(m): 7:58pm On Sep 06, 2009
shesi:

nice. but you have a dilemma as to who to support at the WC. actually, why chose. you can have the best of both worlds.lol
I'll be supporting both teams trust. Predict @ least one team from africa makes it to the semi finals.
~Sauron~:

Ghana and CIV are ahead of us in West Africa.
There's no doubt about that.
How many of our players play in a BIG TEAM in Europe?

Check the other players in Africa and compare??
Mikel is the only player who gets to play in the UCL and he is a pile of self-service.
Others at best are just. . . . . . .mediocre!!!
Mikel na player? undecided I bet SAF would be thanking his lucky star. The funny thing is that though Ghan and CIV have better players,they also play more like a team. Yaya toure controls and runs the CIV's midfield . Essien does that as well. If I hia anyone name mikel as one of africa's best footballer na wahala me and that person go get. Useless thing
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Gayigaskia(m): 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2009
Nigeria=medoicre
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Sauron1: 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2009
shesi:

And Ghana becomes the first african team to qualify. still undefeated. still no goals conceded.

This record is remarkable. . . . . . .Congrats to GHANA.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by eldee(m): 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2009
chamotex:

We know we don't deserve to go to the World Cup.
But admitting that will be the begining of the end . . . the difference between Arsenal and Tottenham is only the level of expectation placed on the teams.
Once we start accepting the fact that we don't deserve to be there, we begin to think it's okay to lose to the ones that deserve to.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Gayigaskia(m): 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2009
Nigeria would have loose against Sudan, the way the Sudanese are loosing against Ghana.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by chic2pimp(m): 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2009
tubabie:

Shut it! Ijebu boy
Ijebu ko sokoto ni.
shesi:

UP BLACK STARS. Well done my boys.
Rhydem:

Ah, don't be making comments, I can trust slowpoke Eagles to draw against likes of Sudan or score in the 90th minute
U still get mouth abi. Una wingless chickens qualify? undecided Make u try am. Go play sudan. Na big trashing una go get. Useless team.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by pak: 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2009
[size=14pt]GOOD NEWS[/size] guys !

[size=14pt]GOOD NEWS !!

GOOD NEWS !!!
[/size]

Check out this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification#League_format_tiebreakers
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by MrTA(m): 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2009
I am absoluely distraught right now. Cant believe we wont be in the next WC, again!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by shesi(m): 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2009
next time they should give the eagles red-bull before the game. RedBull gives you wings!! LOL
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by ogbongzky(m): 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2009
why are you all complaining?, just forget the world cup and face VISION 2020, te time which i believe we will win the world cup, oh boy, Nigeria team need REBRANDING, grin

2 minutes to go, KAI, grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by merge(f): 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2009
pak:

[size=14pt]GOOD NEWS !!

GOOD NEWS !!!
[/size]

Check out this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification#League_format_tiebreakers

What good news? huh?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Rhydem: 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2009
chic2pimp:

Ijebu ko sokoto ni.UP BLACK STARS. Well done my boys.U still get mouth abi. Una wingless chickens qualify? undecided Make u try am. Go play sudan. Na big trashing una go get. Useless team.

You no have eyes shebi? I say I can trust slowpoke Eagles to draw to Sudan or just score in final minute.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by merge(f): 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2009
Mikel should be taken out the team. He missed so many chances to score.   angry
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by chic2pimp(m): 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2009
Bloody disgrace. Naija went from having OLISEH and OKOCHA in the midfield to now having MIKEL and OLOFIJANNA. * Shakes His Head*.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by rasputinn(m): 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2009
I guess the super fowls were already thinking of the $10k winning bonus,that they failed to defend a lead,good athing I missed the 2nd equaliser by the Tunisians
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by pak: 8:11pm On Sep 06, 2009
pak:

[size=14pt]GOOD NEWS !!

GOOD NEWS !!!
[/size]

Check out this link

FIFA has jettisoned the head to head rule

that means that should the 'MIGHTY MOZAMBIQUE' hold Tunisia in Maputa

Our boys can still qualify on goal difference !

This is real cheery news on a gloomy day.

Abeg when it happens

rem you first heard it right here from PAK
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by merge(f): 8:11pm On Sep 06, 2009
Has Ghana ever won the World Cup?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Rhydem: 8:12pm On Sep 06, 2009
merge:

Has any African team reached Semi final?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by shesi(m): 8:12pm On Sep 06, 2009

wats ur point?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by naso2(m): 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2009
chic2pimp:

Mikel na player? undecided I bet SAF would be thanking his lucky star. The funny thing is that though Ghan and CIV have better players,they also play more like a team. Yaya toure controls and runs the CIV's midfield . Essien does that as well. If I hia anyone name mikel as one of africa's best footballer na wahala me and that person go get. Useless thing

Bros attitude is a reflection of leadership(coach), with the right coach these boys can do far better than this. We said it earlier that Amodu has lost touch with reality, but NFF came to defend him. See the mess we find ourselves now.

Now our qualification is no longer in our hands, just like 2006, the only difference is that all teams have  something to play till the last match  hence tunisia might just stumble. BUT I DON COMOT MIND SINCE.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by merge(f): 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2009
Rhydem:

Has any African team reached Semi final?

I thought Nigeria won in 1994.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by anonimi: 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2009
the second commentator whom I assume is a Nigerian (?) was very shallow in his job. No historical, analytical capacity to complement/match the other commentator (white/south african?)
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by shesi(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2009

this is why we dont let women into our sports bar o?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Ibime(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2009
pak:

Abeg when it happens

Thank you Pak. I have been pondering the permutations that would see SE through to WC2010.

However, lemme be the first to tell you that this SE will not win away in Nairobi unless Amodu is sacked and Mikel, Olofinjana and Kalu are dropped.

Besides, Tunisia will beat Kenya at home. Our only hope is that Mozambique stop Tunisia in Maputo.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by merge(f): 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2009
pak:

Abeg when it happens

How do you know that?

If they are i probably won't be watching.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Rhydem: 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2009
merge:

You live in Arrigidi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (46) (Reply)

Wilfred Ndidi: I Used To Hawk Groundnut, Wash Windscreen In Lagos Traffic / Wayne Rooney Joins Everton (Photos) / Arsenal Star Bukayo Saka Is In Lagos [video, Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.