Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,837 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

My Landlady And Nepa Bill Trouble - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlady And Nepa Bill Trouble (849 Views)

Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan / Lagos Landlady Fixed Nails In Front Of Her House To Hinder Unwelcome Guests / Nairalanders! How Much Was Your Last NEPA Bill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlady And Nepa Bill Trouble by cheeketo(f): 9:34am On May 27, 2016
Please advice me on this issue. My husband rented the house last august, but didn't start living there until about October (we got married in December)I had an accident two weeks later and had to go live with sis-in-law for about 3weeks after i was discharged. when I got back home i asked about light bill and my husby said that the landlady is yet to give him any bill,( landlord resides in Abuja, comes in once in a while and we are the only tenant) my husby got tired of asking for his share of the bill and said he wont ask again, I took it upon myself to ask the landlady at intervals so it wont seem as if husband and wife are using light and kept quite about the bill, she she kept telling me that some crazy bill needs to be sort out, and mistake on the bill regarding the surname needs to be rectified too, that even they have not been paying and no NEPA official can disconnect the building (she is Gen-Sec Landlord Association). fast forward to about a week ago, she gave my husby a bill amounting to N10,049.00, few days after she sent one of her wards to come collect the money, we didnt have much but my husby gave the girl 6k. after 3 days the woman returned the money. when my husby asked her why she returned the money she annoyingly said its not complete, i was furious, that in this harsh economy does she expect us to pay the 10k at once, its not our fault the bill accumulated and someone that paid 6k out of 10k no try? i told my husby if its after 5 weeks we see the balance that is when they will be paid. we are not going out of our way to look for the balance. is my decision wrong? cos husby want to look for their money by all means.
Re: My Landlady And Nepa Bill Trouble by akinloluwao: 9:48am On May 27, 2016
You guys even try, since January this year, I never pay a dime for electricity. Where is the light in the first place, I told my landlord to disconnect me from PHCN. How can I be running generator 24/7 and still expect me to pay for electricity that I don't consume. Mtcheewwww. Please take your time don't let anybody intimidate you jare. Economy is very harsh. No money anywhere
Re: My Landlady And Nepa Bill Trouble by Donpizzle(m): 9:57am On May 27, 2016
u pple are very nice.... for my area, pple dey pay 3k out of 20k+ without any remorse and them no born NEPA well to cut light.
Re: My Landlady And Nepa Bill Trouble by Nobody: 10:00am On May 27, 2016
Been enjoying the use of our area boys..grin

Dem no dey gree make em climb pole..grin
Re: My Landlady And Nepa Bill Trouble by cheeketo(f): 10:13am On May 27, 2016
akinloluwao:
You guys even try, since January this year, I never pay a dime for electricity. Where is the light in the first place, I told my landlord to disconnect me from PHCN. How can I be running generator 24/7 and still expect me to pay for electricity that I don't consume. Mtcheewwww. Please take your time don't let anybody intimidate you jare. Economy is very harsh. No money anywhere

To be fair to Nepa, they are trying a bit in my area, most days we get at least 12 hrs a day, unless there is a major fault.

(1) (Reply)

10 Plots Of Land For Sale At Ogombo, Lekki Scheme II, Lagos / Available Free Laterite For Construction In Abuja / Building A House During This Recession, Saving Tips And Ideas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.