Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan (22878 Views)

The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) / Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja / Our Nepa Bill Has Increased More Than 100% In the last one year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Jawshua(m): 11:54am On Mar 30, 2018
I got inspired to write and pursue this after reading this post here:

www.nairaland.com/4424406/how-customer-stood-ground-against/

Now to my story.

I moved to a new house in Ibadan in May, 2017. The building has 7 flats and I occupied one of the flats.

On moving in, the landlady told me that she already paid for 7 prepaid meters for each of the flats and they will be installing them as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, the transformer of my area was faulty from May till December 25th, 2017. It was eventually fixed by the community, not PHCN (NEPA).

Then, in February of 2018, the man who collected the money for the prepaid meter brought some Nepa bills for each of the flats saying that we need to pay #3000 each for "loss of revenue". This fee is to cover for the power we're consuming pending the time that our prepaid meter will be ready.

Also, we'll be paying #2000 monthly per flat while our prepaid meter is processing.

I said no. The others tenants also stood their ground.

This man then went to bring more officials to justify his actions. This time around, they added that they can remit the money for us.

This is a new house and it's obvious that they are not being truthful.

The receipt they gave us is not attached to any meter number. No A/C no. Nothing. Just a stamp that contains a name and phone number.

I see this as daylight robbery and corruption because it's obvious that they are deliberately delaying the prepaid meters for their selfish interest.

What steps can I take to correct this?

These guys are threatening to disconnect my power supply. I'm not bothered because I use a solar inverter to power my flat.

I just want to let these guys know that they are wrong. I want to take this up.

I've the phone numbers, email address, and address of IBEDC. What are the steps to take before I write a petition and start this long process.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Jawshua(m): 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2018
Lalasticlala, help push this to to the right section.
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by yungmayor02(m): 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
j
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by osewanu(m): 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
Only in Nigeria..
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by oshe11: 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
Just keep 2k per month
Whenever they come, give it to them and they would call U OGA

PS: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THEIR NUMBER, SO YOU'D KNOW WHEN THEY ARE COMING

18 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
Sigh
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by luemz(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
I think you should visit the head quarters of the distributing company.

14 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by san316(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
If u have read the "stood his ground" post, what do u want again?

You sef too stingy ooooo. The first guy fought because of about 350k potential bill. You Na because of 5k u want write petition?

Give those guys money to support their family joor. If u can't give them all, just slap them with 1k5 each.

Case closed

14 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by jerryunit48: 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
Buhari is working na what do you expect?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by profmnuhu(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
Make we fry watermelon �??

1 Like

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
I don't know what to say because most of us are victim of this corruption, unless a victim will advice a victim

4 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by frubben(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
nepa wahala don tire us. wat is the landlord saying about the issue

1 Like 1 Share

Shebi you haven't started paying over 9k bill?

12 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by legalwealth(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by orlabass(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
Let's wait for Nepa officials in house
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by sotall(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ok

2000 naira bill outrageous?

Wait till you start begging to pay 20k when they bring 35k bill

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by hannysur8(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
What this man wrote is absolutely true because we are experiencing the same thing in my area in Ibadan, this IBEDC are just doing as they like.....They even brought 8000 naira for a small mosque where people only converge on Friday alone for prayer

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Chuks9000: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
Haaa
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by AngelicBeing: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
It can only happen in a shithole jungle sad

2 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Quality20(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
go n c d area manger if he talks trash move to d ones above him n report

2 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by EmmyG012(m): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
Are u asking me wat u shld. Beta start arranging deir money

2 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Mutemenot(m): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
Me wey them billed 200k for 3 months. I dey wonder if I dey produce rod for house to warrant such bill.

16 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Unik3030: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jawshua:

Now to my story.

I moved to a new house in Ibadan in May, 2017. The building has 7 flats and I occupied one of the flats.

On moving in, the landlady told me that she already paid for 7 prepaid meters for each of the flats and they will be installing them as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, the transformer of my area was faulty from May till December 25th, 2017. It was eventually fixed by the community, not PHCN (NEPA).

Then, in February of 2018, the man who collected the money for the prepaid meter brought some Nepa bills for each of the flats saying that we need to pay #3000 each for "loss of revenue". This fee is to cover for the power we're consuming pending the time that our prepaid meter will be ready.

Also, we'll be paying #2000 monthly per flat while our prepaid meter is processing.

This man then went to bring more officials to justify his actions. This time around, they added that they can remit the money for us.

The receipt they gave us is not attached to any meter number. No A/C no. Nothing. Just a stamp that contains a name and phone number.

I see this as daylight robbery and corruption because it's obvious that they are deliberately delaying the prepaid meters for their selfish interest.

These guys are threatening to disconnect my power supply. I'm not bothered because I use a solar inverter to power my flat.

I've the phone numbers, email address, and address of IBEDC. What are the steps to take before I write a petition and start this long process.
just hustle n get prepaid meter n they will be dead n gone forever
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by handsomeyinka(m): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
Send it to the crazy department in Nepa.
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by fantasticone1(m): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jawshua:

Now to my story.

https://www.nairaland.com/4424406/how-customer-stood-ground-against
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by kushercain: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
Oga go siddown the bill no even reach 50k you dey do like you no sabi where you dey

5 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
U have been WARNED severally.....
If you are a THIEF or an intending one....
Please, Avoid UYO, ABA, ONITSHA and CALABAR.

U may be shocked at what you may get in return.

Be warned..! Be warned..!!

3 Likes

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by cocodante: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
Naija things!
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by ReverseEngineer: 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
Forward your complaints to NERC, I hear they're competent.

Get yourself familiar with the Necessary technologies. Get a whole Package on Web and Mobile App Development today; It consists of tonnes of Video tutorials and PDF textbooks required to get you started on Web and similar projects. A vast number of programming Languages. You get to select the one you deem fit for the job.

Contact 08106501622 (Call and WhatsApp)

1 Like

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by gurunlocker: 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
Well, based on experience, You will have to be paying loss of revenue to their office while they process your prepaid meter. They will bring the meter few months after, but you won't pay any bill aside the loss of revenue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Affordable Fairfield Apartment For Sell ( Lekki ) / Cost Of A 3 Bedroom Flat Block Work + Roofing / Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.