Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants (42952 Views)

Rivers State Not Part Of Biafra - Governor Wike / Asawana Deadly Force Of Niger Delta Emerges, Demands Sovereign State / What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 27, 2016
Kay17:

What does "every people should manage their resources" when a state's only true source of income is taxation. Exploration and exploitation of natural resources be left to individuals while the regulatory and legal framework is set by the State.

There's absolutely no state within Nigeria that doesn't have one form of natural resource or the other but many of them have been allowed to lie fallow because of oil resources found in the Niger Delta.

Let everybody manage their own resources and give an agreed % to the centre.

2 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by NavierStokes(m): 7:25pm On May 27, 2016
Goke7:

Mineral resources never developed UAE or Australia but economy diversification did, oil has never developed any nation and will never if not Nigeria would have developed long time ago. Oil is not everything and will never be. It will continue to be there but only economic diversification brings true development

smiley alright my friend, maybe we see the same thing but from different vantage points. I am looking at things from the cause, the first cause, while you are liking at the inherent processes. It's been nice having this chat with you but like the Africans we are, after an argument we all go home with our original views.
Have a great evening, it's the start of a wonderful weekend.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Codes151(m): 7:43pm On May 27, 2016
Keneking:
Ok

What is a sovereign state?

- In international law, a sovereign state is a nonphysical juridical entity that is represented by one centralized government that has sovereignty over a geographic area.

-International law defines sovereign states as having a permanent population, defined territory, one government, and the capacity to enter into relations with other sovereign states.

-It is also normally understood that a sovereign state is neither dependent on nor subjected to any other power or state.

Issues:

- They want to install their people and control our natural resources. E.g Jonathan would be their Prime Minister or President
- MNC's would be paying them taxes and royalties, there would be lots of cash available to them.
- They would still not be richer. Their predicaments would not improve. Even pollution would increase thereby degrading their natural sources of livelihood.
- Issues of legitimacy would arise and the Western powers would do the needful.
- Nigeria and its Army would deal with them accordingly in line with global practise.
- Rise in militancy is expected in the region various groups would emerge for example Bini's, Efik, Esan, Ibibio, Igbo, Annang, Oron, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Yoruba, Isoko, Urhobo, Ukwuani, Kalabari and Ogoni would join the fray.
- Economically, our Naira would still be a unifying currency for Nigeria and the so called sovereign state.
- My brothers from the South East would be divided along the lines of joining or remaining in one Nigeria

What nonsense embarassed embarassed
Jonathan sef cry

So the best way forward is this rubbish u wrote? People stand for what they believe! Wrong or right! What we need is peace! Equality not blames n theoritical bullshit
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by chimaobinelson(m): 8:07pm On May 27, 2016
Beremx:
stop typing Buhari incorrectly if you must quote me.

So there's was no time for implementation before Jonathan left office?
Ofcos u cant be in Uganda where you are,to know that after d million naira unanimous confab,dea was limited time for implementation..lest u ve forgotn govt is a continum
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 27, 2016
The mare thought that our oil blocks and Wells are owned by these PARASITES tempts me to support the NDA all the way angry angry angry
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by ElCount: 8:17pm On May 27, 2016
princeofpeace22:
1914 amalgamation is gradually coming to an end grin

Goodluck government was not comfortable
Also buhari too

I don't think Nigeria is unite all I see is selfish leaders and gaulible interest angry
The amalgamation agreement actually ended in 2014 the confab report was suppose to take over but...
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by chukuli(m): 9:21pm On May 27, 2016
SweetGuy225:

Aren't we all tried of all these problems, militancy today, terrorism and Boko Haram tomorrow. These problems always appear for a reason, they are not just there. Why can't Nigerians come together and ask ourselves what the problem really is? Why is everybody complacent, docile and unconcerned about the national question. Everybody thinks corruption is Nigeria's problem.

The national question is a bigger problem than corruption. How can we live together and share governmental responsibilities without much problems? That is the question.

You voted Buhari to fight corruption. OK, he's fighting corruption but isn't there a bigger problem facing the country now? Militants have reduced government revenues by a quarter all because of what? The NATIONAL QUESTION!!!

Let Nigerians continue to act like they don't care, that we are one fantastically united country and that corruption is our major problem. Militants, Fulani herdsmen and Boko Haram will keep teaching y'all a lesson.
bros u too much,love ur write up,I which every Nigerian embraces d truth as u did
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by fx45(m): 9:33pm On May 27, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Yesoo time to generate Forex from groundnut and amala
You forgot to include Ewedu. Brown roofs too can be sold off as antiquities. The sheer volume of brown roofs in the South-Waste alone can generate enough fx to keep Nigeria running for decades.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by xakakes: 10:02pm On May 27, 2016
Keneking:
Ok

- In international law, a sovereign state is a nonphysical juridical entity that is represented by one centralized government that has sovereignty over a geographic area.

-International law defines sovereign states as having a permanent population, defined territory, one government, and the capacity to enter into relations with other sovereign states.

-It is also normally understood that a sovereign state is neither dependent on nor subjected to any other power or state.

Issues:

- They want to install their people and control our natural resources. E.g Jonathan would be their Prime Minister or President
- MNC's would be paying them taxes and royalties, there would be lots of cash available to them.
- They would still not be richer. Their predicaments would not improve. Even pollution would increase thereby degrading their natural sources of livelihood.
- Nigeria and its Army would deal with them accordingly in line with global practise.
- Rise in militancy is expected in the region various groups would emerge for example Bini's, Efik, Esan, Ibibio, Igbo, Annang, Oron, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Yoruba, Isoko, Urhobo, Ukwuani, Kalabari and Ogoni would join the fray.
- Economically, our Naira would still be a unifying currency for Nigeria and the so called sovereign state.
- My brothers from the South East would be divided along the lines of joining or remaining in one Nigeria

Jonathan sef cry

Be blowing big grammar there,only time will tell then we will see who is making sense
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by biafranrealson: 10:17pm On May 27, 2016
Keneking:
Ok

Issues:

Jonathan sef cry

YOU HAVE THE BRAIN OF A GOAT. SO THEIR ENVIRONMENT WILL NOT DEGRADE IF ALL THE RESOURCES GOES TO THE NORTH AS IT IS GOING PRESENTLY
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by demslayerrz: 1:01am On May 28, 2016
[s]
GWMI:
Go tell your northern allays who are having the highest numbers of illiterates in Nigeria to take school serious and not me.And please stop blaming suen for allowing me speak or are you thinking i don't also have other social medias to air my views?.If a Yoruba man is owning NAIRALAND does that mean they cannot allow others air their views?No matter how stupid my words are to you, i know i am making sense but what about you?you are very quick to judge me even if i have never insulted you.Go and learn how to address a person since respect is recipocal.Thanks.
[/s]

You have not put forward any reasonable argument than screaming Northern allies bla bla bla. If the above is making sense to you, then i weep for your future. I blame Xeun for allowing kids like you spread falsehood on nairaland, you have been spreading the lies your parent told you everywhere but still wont stop after being exposed as a chronic liar. We asked how Yorubas betray you and you continue to dogde it, arguing with you is like talking to a big stone I.e Its a waste of time.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by demslayerrz: 1:08am On May 28, 2016
fx45:
You forgot to include Ewedu. Brown roofs too can be sold off as antiquities. The sheer volume of brown roofs in the South-Waste alone can generate enough fx to keep Nigeria running for decades.

The red mud can also be sold in the black market, while the government will allow more production in baby factories and exporting of cocaine to keep the country running. The amount of red mud and forest in the Sad beast alone can generate mote forex to the government.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by ayokellany: 1:20am On May 28, 2016
Firefire:

Jonathan supervised the National Conference, let Buhary implement the recommendations. Thank you.

What happened to the national conference OBJ did and why couldn't Jonathan implement its recommendations ? How does Jonathan Ebele nominating who will represent me at his conference represent me ? The last conference that will ever be implemented in Nigeria is the Jonathan Ebele conference. Buhari should organise his on conference and nominate two people each from every state like Jonathan did and follow their resolution to the later on conclusion of the conference, chikena.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by BeardedMeat(m): 7:17am On May 28, 2016
dearpreye:

Never mind. We shall eventually be forced to discuss it very soon. This current system can't elicit patriotism in me.
Oga who has vexed you so? You weren't know for the tough near combatant syle you exhibit here. Did somebody clone your account?
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Nobody: 7:23am On May 28, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Oga who has vexed you so? You weren't know for the tough near combatant syle you exhibit here. Did somebody clone your account?

My people, my children, etc, have no hope for survival and proper development under this sham arrangement.

2 Likes

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by BeardedMeat(m): 7:42am On May 28, 2016
dearpreye:

My people, my children, etc, have no hope for survival and proper development under this sham arrangement.
that is an old story already, dearpreye has only always advocated for true federalism. I could single you out because you have once cautioned me on the need to shun violence and mind my language here and even though I didn't heed, it got me thinking about my conduct and so I usually give you a wide berth here before you start playing dad again. But your words to me then filled me admiration for you!! A cool headed wailer! If today you have lost your cool, I can't blame you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Nobody: 7:44am On May 28, 2016
BeardedMeat:
that is an old story already, dearpreye has only always advocated for true federalism. I could single you out because you have once cautioned me on the need to shun violence and mind my language here and even though I didn't heed, it got me thinking about my conduct and so I usually give you a wide berth here before you start playing dad again. But your words to me then filled me admiration for you!! A cool headed wailer! If today you have lost your cool, I can't blame you.

Thank you, my brother. Great words.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Nobody: 8:44am On May 28, 2016
Goke7:

The SE and SS declared public hatred for PMB during the elections campaign last year, PMB is human like everyone of us, if any group display openly their hatred for you, it will take you time to get over it easily. The SE and SS also added insult to injury by telling PMB and the whole world openly that they had no regrets supporting Jona.

The SE and SS lack political tact, the northerners who supported Jonathan all through lay low after the elections and started reaching out diplomatically to PMB, even the northerners in PDP presently are always tactful when dealing with PMB. Politics is a game and it could go either way. When its not in your side, you act diplomatically and build bridges. Our brothers across the Niger must learn and respect others even when they do not agree politically. PMB will complete his tenure and when another election time comes, every region will have their opportunity again to show their political prowess. We should stop being cry babies.

Must everyone vote for one man because his name is Buhari?Even God our creator,it's not everyone that reverences let alone one religious and ethnic fanatic.I did'nt vote for Buhari and will never support him even if he turns Nigeria to gold.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Goke7: 8:50am On May 28, 2016
NavierStokes:

smiley alright my friend, maybe we see the same thing but from different vantage points. I am looking at things from the cause, the first cause, while you are liking at the inherent processes. It's been nice having this chat with you but like the Africans we are, after an argument we all go home with our original views.
Have a great evening, it's the start of a wonderful weekend.

Alright, cheers bruv, learnt quite a lot from you, have a great weekend too.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Goke7: 8:51am On May 28, 2016
nyben4eva:

Must everyone vote for one man because his name is Buhari?Even God our creator,it's not everyone that reverences let alone one religious and ethnic fanatic.I did'nt vote for Buhari and will never support him even if he turns Nigeria to gold.

That is your problem, nobody can never please you guys, reason PMB does not give a damn either.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by GWMI(m): 9:34am On May 28, 2016
demslayerrz:
[s][/s]

You have not put forward any reasonable argument than screaming Northern allies bla bla bla. If the above is making sense to you, then i weep for your future. I blame Xeun for allowing kids like you spread falsehood on nairaland, you have been spreading the lies your parent told you everywhere but still wont stop after being exposed as a chronic liar. We asked how Yorubas betray you and you continue to dogde it, arguing with you is like talking to a big stone I.e Its a waste of time.
sir you have nothing to say because all i can see is you belittling me as been a kid how do you understand what i am writing then.If you blame Suen for allowing me air my view who do you blaming for allowing people like me own FACEBOOK,WHAPP,TWITTER,EMAIL and other social media account.You don't deserve my explanation since you can judge me before you see me.I refuse to speak to you anylonger.For now remember to tell your northern brothers to go to school since they are the highest number of illiterates and you are not whot any respect.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by demslayerrz: 10:07am On May 28, 2016
[s]
GWMI:
sir you have nothing to say because all i can see is you belittling me as been a kid how do you understand what i am writing then.If you blame Suen for allowing me air my view who do you blaming for allowing people like me own FACEBOOK,WHAPP,TWITTER,EMAIL and other social media account.You don't deserve my explanation since you can judge me before you see me.I refuse to speak to you anylonger.For now remember to tell your northern brothers to go to school since they are the highest number of illiterates and you are not whot any respect.Thanks.
[/s]

Just get lost, you have nothing sensible to say than screaming Northerners, whats my own with Northerners. You see why no one take you serious, cos the hatred in you cant make you reason well. Just get away and leave Yorubas out of that your dirty mouth.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by chernest2002: 10:32am On May 28, 2016
INVINCIBLECSP:
GOD FORBID! WIC 8YRS. IN POWER. UNA EVIL PLAN NO GO WORK.
God didn't forbid idi Amin on Uganda, but their case was different because idi Amin took power with force but Nigeria case is different because they voted their own idi Amin in power. Now even the 97% are crying, the north says the budget don't favour them , s/w are crying that they didn't bargain for this kind of change, the S/s have taken up arms again and the S/e is irrelevant in Nigeria of today so common protest get them killed. I wish buhari long life and eight years period. Next time when you hear change! take your time and ask WHICH TYPE OF CHANGE.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by GWMI(m): 10:33am On May 28, 2016
demslayerrz:
[s][/s]

Just get lost, you have nothing sensible to say than screaming Northerners, whats my own with Northerners. You see why no one take you serious, cos the hatred in you cant make you reason well. Just get away and leave Yorubas out of that your dirty mouth.
thank you.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by harveyspec: 3:29pm On May 28, 2016
Firefire:

Jonathan supervised the National Conference, let Buhary implement the recommendations. Thank you.

Ta!! why didn't jona start it early in its early days of his administration? At least he would have had enough time to "implement it"

Why didn't he begin an immiediate implementation when he got the report?

it wasn't important to him, if it was he would have done something about it

you can't force this on buhari to do besides, alot of the recommendation will require NASS before it can be implemented.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by Unbrandedguy: 9:32pm On May 29, 2016
eziokwubundunuwa:

Did any of the countries get any better? It remains a fight to enrich a few and create unnecessary loss of innocent lives while the country becomes worse. Give me an example of a developed country that did so after division.

Biafra will be an example.
Re: What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants by james1(m): 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
Destroy any politician that steals and make the salary of politicians minimal or reasonble only then will we see real patriots.
Dividing this country will not solve any problems for the seeds of triblism and distrust has long taken roots.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photo Of Governor Ambode And D'banj On Stage / ’50 Senators’ Accompany Saraki To Tribunal For Corruption Trial / Ask Abaribe, Others If You Are Looking For Nnamdi Kanu – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.