Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) (6968 Views)

Can We Call People Who Do Shirk And Bid'ah Muslims? / If We Do Not Kill Bid'ah, Bid'ah Will Kill Us / Bid'ah(innovation In The Matters Of Religion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 17, 2017
AbdelKabir:

You had better don't burst like a watermelon grin grin

Like I said, you are being corrected for saying nonsense, if you don't want deviants to be given terms, then the first person you should correct is the prophet himself....

I pity you ... Your type are those who give Islam a bad name. You come on a public forum and lack manners ..use harsh words and feel you know it all .do you even research ?

The first person I should correct ..is who !!!!!!?? Subhanallah!
May Allah forgive us all,ameen

I won't allow this insult on the prophet saw to remain am going to have it remove now ...

*Modified* I have enabled the removal of oroginal comments stating that I should correct my beloved prophet saw removed..be careful on your choice of words ...don't step put of Islam in trying to prove you know more than us all
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 17, 2017
nurshah:

I pity you ... Your type are those who give Islam a bad name. You come on a public forum and lack manners ..use harsh words and feel you know it all .do you even research ?

Let's look up the words we have both used and see who used harsh words and who lack manners....

The first person I should correct ..is who !!!!!!?? Subhanallah!
May Allah forgive us all,ameen

Your argument is we shouldn't call deviant Muslims befitting names and I gave an example where the prophet called deviants dogs, instead of you to accept an error you start throwing tantrums about..... You should pity yourself instead...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Empiree: 5:41pm On May 17, 2017
^^^

shaking my head for you man. This is right of the prophet. You are using shia argument for cursing some sahaba. Their evidence is that Allah cursed some of them and He instrcuted believers to also curse wrongdoers(amongst muslims). We are not even talking about non-muslims.

So i argued with them that it is only right exclusive to Allah. You're doing the very same thing they do. Calling them pigs and other names is not appropriate. Shia are muslim and the nonsense propaganda that some of them dont believe Quran is complete is rubbish. There is no such thing. Whatever is written by some people who made the claim does not proof anything. Many sunni scholars have been to Shia headoffice (Iran). Shia ulama denied such claim.

That's enough to believe they are muslims. Sunnis too have silly stuff in their text which make them "deviants" in the eyes of the Shia. So you point one finger at them, nine others come right back at you. shocked shocked

The idea that bcus nabi (SAW) called deviants name is not excuse for any muslims to do so now especially in this critical time. This is like calling for anarchy where everyone calls other muslim derogatory names just bcus their views dont conform with theirs. So calling people names is right entirely for Allah and His messenger. Thats the wisdom way of avoiding every tom, dick and harry doing the same.

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 17, 2017
^^ sorry no one takes a hypocrite serious....

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by AlBaqir(m): 5:59pm On May 17, 2017
nurshah:

Subhanallah! Who are you reffering to as infidel ? Please , let's be mindful on pur choice of words...

# Dear sir/ma, If you really want to read and learn on this forum, you need to close your eyes on some nasty comments from known nuisances one of them is the unrepentant above.

They have a usual ploy to derail threads and frustrate their opponent with abusive words especially if they have nothing academical and substantial to submit. Whoever did not buy their weird ideology is damned.

They have been programmed to hate shia/rafidha no matter what. Imagine, more than 50% of narrators of their prestigious Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim (not to mention other Sunnis classical books of ahadith) were reportedly by Sunni historian, Mufassir, muhadith to be Shia/rafidha. They can never reason that the moment shia are believed (by their weird ideology) to be Kuffar, then automatically, those narrators were equally Kuffar and that alone render useless the entire books of Bukhari and Muslim which they held in very high esteem.

# Furthermore, there are several authentic records in Sunni books which exposed several Sahabah to be Shia. In fact the word " Shi'a of Ali" was used in Mutawattir hadith by the Prophet himself. Severally I have challenged these hard heartened guys on these ahadith yet they are arrogantly adamant. And that is the programming I was talking about.

# Lastly, for whoever cares: Nabi Never used bad words or name calling for anyone. Quran testified to his exalted manners to every sundry. Any hadith that present Nabi otherwise is no doubt lying upon the personality of the noble Prophet, peace be upon him and his household.

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Amr:

"The Prophet (s) never used bad language neither a "Fahish nor a Mutafahish. He used to say "The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character." (See Hadith No. 56 (B) Vol. cool

Reference  : Sahih al-Bukhari 3559 
In-book reference  : Book 61, Hadith 68 
USC-MSA web (English) reference  : Vol. 4, Book 56, Hadith 759 

www.sunnah.com/Bukhari/61

That is the illustration of my Prophet.

Wa Salam.
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 17, 2017
^^ yet you believe the prophet "cursed" muawiyyah grin grin

Hypocrisy level 100%

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 17, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Dear sir/ma, If you really want to read and learn on this forum, you need to close your eyes on some nasty comments from known nuisances one of them is the unrepentant above.

They have a usual ploy to derail threads and frustrate their opponent with abusive words especially if they have nothing academical and substantial to submit. Whoever did not buy their weird ideology is damned.

They have been programmed to hate shia/rafidha no matter what. Imagine, more than 50% of narrators of their prestigious Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim (not to mention other Sunnis classical books of ahadith) were reportedly by Sunni historian, Mufassir, muhadith to be Shia/rafidha. They can never reason that the moment shia are believed (by their weird ideology) to be Kuffar, then automatically, those narrators were equally Kuffar and that alone render useless the entire books of Bukhari and Muslim which they held in very high esteem.

# Furthermore, there are several authentic records in Sunni books which exposed several Sahabah to be Shia. In fact the word " Shi'a of Ali" was used in Mutawattir hadith by the Prophet himself. Severally I have challenged these hard heartened guys on these ahadith yet they are arrogantly adamant. And that is the programming I was talking about.

# Lastly, for whoever cares: Nabi Never used bad words or name calling for anyone. Quran testified to his exalted manners to every sundry. Any hadith that present Nabi otherwise is no doubt lying upon the personality of the noble Prophet, peace be upon him and his household.

"The Prophet (s) never used bad language neither a "Fahish nor a Mutafahish. He used to say "The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character." (See Hadith No. 56 (B) Vol. cool

Wa Salam.

Thank you and may Allah reward you
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by AlBaqir(m): 6:23pm On May 17, 2017
Empiree:
^^^
Shia are muslim and the nonsense propaganda that some of them dont believe Quran is complete is rubbish. There is no such thing. Whatever is written by some people who made the claim does not proof anything. Many sunni scholars have been to Shia headoffice (Iran). Shia ulama denied such claim.

# Dear Empiree, while I am sick to the bone on this issue of "shia do or do not believe on the completeness of the Quran", I personally hate being sympathised for. I take bulls by the horn.

# This issue is not new to you on NL. And you can testify to it that truly shia has some weird ahadith that truly prove Quran is incomplete and shia believe to these ahadith is that all of them were fabrications and that has been proved severally.

On the other hand, only ignorant Sunni and brainwashed individuals among them will try to nail shia with such weird idea when there exist " authentic" narrations (far more than that of the shia) in Sahih Bukhari, Muslim and several other books of Sunnis collection of hadith which clearly state that Quran is incomplete. Then you see Sunni scholars sweating trying to bend the meaning of those ahadith instead of outrightly declaring them false.

Anyway, Its a matter of time; In fact only the wahabist still propagating those words of shia don't believe in completeness of the Quran. At least today they have buried their initial self made propaganda that shia believed Ali to be the Prophet and not Muhammad al-Mustapha, and that Jubril made a mistake in delivering the message. They too saw how woefully they have failed in that propaganda over the years. In sha Allah, that of Quran too will be thing of the past.

Please, stop exchanging words with the guy. You should by now know his ploy in derailing thread.

Salam.
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Demmzy15(m): 6:23pm On May 17, 2017
AlBaqir:

[s]# Dear sir/ma, If you really want to read and learn on this forum, you need to close your eyes on some nasty comments from known nuisances one of them is the unrepentant above.

Wa Salam.[/s]
More and more chest beating!!! grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by AlBaqir(m): 6:30pm On May 17, 2017
AbdelKabir:
^^ yet you believe the prophet "cursed" muawiyyah grin grin

Hypocrisy level 100%

I will repost your challenge to the appropriate thread to avoid further derailing of this thread. And you will be replied appropriately.

www.nairaland.com/1794405/islam-muslims-side-talk-station/105#56616071
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Deeya4islam(f): 8:04am On May 22, 2017
Is It True That The Congregational Taraweeh Prayer Is A Bidaa? by Farmerforlife: 9:18pm On May 29, 2016
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم.
To those who follow the Guidance sent by Allah, through his last prophet and messenger Muhammad (ﷺ); Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu.

Praise be to Allah.

Praying Taraweh in congregation in the mosque is better than praying at home.

This is indicated by the Sunnah and the actions of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them).

1 – al-Bukhaari (1129) and Muslim (761) narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (ra) that the Messenger of Allaah (ﷺ) prayed one night in the mosque, and the people followed him in prayer. Then he prayed the next night, and many people came. Then they gathered on the third or fourth night, and the Messenger of Allaah (ﷺ) did not come out to them. The next morning he said: “I saw what you did, and nothing kept me from coming out to you except the fact that I feared that it would be made obligatory for you.” And that was in Ramadaan.

From this hadith, it is clear from the reasons given by the prophet (ﷺ) himself, that praying Taraweeh in congregation is prescribed according to his Sunnah (ﷺ)j but he refrained from doing it because he feared that it would be made obligatory for the ummah. When the Prophet (ﷺ) died, this reservation was no longer required, because the sharee’ah was established, and what was not obligatory before his death, could not be made obligatory after.

2 – al-Tirmidhi (806) narrated that Abu Dharr (ra) said: The Messenger of Allaah (ﷺ) said: “Whoever prays qiyaam – i.e., Taraweeh – with the imam until he finishes, it will be recorded as if he spent the whole night in prayer.”
Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

3 – al-Bukhaari (2010) narrated that ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Abd al-Qaari said: I went out with ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (ra) to the mosque one night in Ramadaan, and the people were scattered, each man praying by himself. Some men would pray and have groups of people behind them following them. ‘Umar said: “I think that if I unite all these people with one reader, it will be better. Then he resolved to gather them behind Ubayy ibn Ka’b.

al-Haafiz said:

Ibn al-Teen and others said that ‘Umar based this decision on the Prophet’s approval of those who prayed with him on those nights, although he (ﷺ) later stopped doing it, that was based on the fear that it might be made obligatory for them. When the Prophet (ﷺ) died, there was no longer any fear of that happening, and ‘Umar revived the Sunnah, because of the potential division that might arise from people praying separately, and because uniting them behind one reader is more motivating for many people. The majority agreed with ‘Umar’s decision.
End quote from Fath al-Baari.

Al-Nawawi said in al-Majmoo’, 3/526:

Praying Taraweeh is Sunnah according to scholarly consensus… It is permissible to offer this prayer alone or in congregation, but which is better? There are two well-known opinions on this matter. The correct view according to the consensus of our companions is that praying it in congregation is better. The second view is that it is better to pray it individually.

Our companions said: The difference of opinion has to do with one who has memorized the Qur’aan; there is no fear that he may become lazy and neglect it if he prays on his own, and the congregation in the mosque is not going to be affected if he stays away. But if one of these factors is absent, then praying in congregation is better, and there is no difference of scholarly opinion on this point.

The author of al-Shaamil said: Abu’l-‘Abbaas and Abu Ishaaq said that praying Taraweeh in congregation is better than praying it individually, because of the consensus of the Sahaabah and the consensus of the scholars of the regions on this point.
End quote.

Ibn al-Mubaarak, Ahmad and Ishaaq favoured praying with the imam during the month of Ramadaan.
It says in Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi:

In the book on night prayer (qiyaam): it was said to Ahmad ibn Hanbal: Do you prefer a man to pray with the people in Ramadaan or on his own? He said: He should pray with the people. He said: And I prefer that he should pray with the imam and pray Witr with him. The Prophet (ﷺ) said: “If a man prays qiyaam with the imam until he finishes, it will be recorded as if he spent the rest of the night (in prayer).” Imam Ahmad (ra) said: “He should pray with the people until he prays Witr with them, and he should not leave until the imam leaves. Abu Dawood said: I saw him (Imam Ahmad) – in the month of Ramadaan, praying Witr with his imam, except on one night when I did not attend. Ishaaq (ra) said: I said to Ahmad: Is praying qiyaam in Ramadaan in congregation dearer to you or praying on one’s own? He said: I prefer that this prayer should be offered in congregation, so as to revive the Sunnah. And Ishaaq said the same. End quote.
See al-Mughni, 1/457.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said in Majaalis Shahr Ramadaan, p. 22:

At first the Prophet (ﷺ) used to pray Taraweeh in congregation in the mosque, then he stopped because he feared that it might be made obligatory upon his ummah…

Then he quoted the two ahaadeeth quoted above. Then he said:

No man should keep away from Taraweeh prayer lest he misses out on the reward for it. And he should not leave until the imam finishes Taraweeh and Witr, so that he may attain the reward of spending the whole night in prayer.
End quote.

Al-Albaani said in Qiyaam Ramadaan: Rather it (praying Taraweeh in congregation) is better than praying it alone, because the Prophet (ﷺ) did it himself and explained its virtue. Rather he did not lead them in praying it in congregation for the rest of the month because he feared that praying at night during Ramadaan might be made obligatory for them, and they would be unable to do that, as it says in the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah which is narrated in al-Saheehayn and elsewhere. This concern no longer applied after the Prophet (ﷺ) died and Allaah had completed Islam. Hence the reason for not praying in congregation when offering night prayers in Ramadaan was no longer present, and the previous ruling remained in effect, which is that it is prescribed to offer this prayer in congregation. Hence ‘Umar (ra) revived it, as it says in Saheeh al-Bukhaari and elsewhere.
End quote.

Asad ibn ‘Amr ibn Abi Yoosuf said: I asked Abu Haneefah about Taraweeh and what ‘Umar did. He said: Taraweeh is a confirmed Sunnah, and ‘Umar did not base his decision on speculation and he was not introducing bid’ah (an innovation). He did not enjoin it except because of what he knew from the Messenger of Allaah (ﷺ). ‘Umar reintroduced this and gathered the people behind Ubayy ibn Ka’b and he offered this prayer in congregation, at the time when the Sahaabah – the Muhaajireen and Ansaar – were still alive, and no one among them objected to that, rather they helped him and agreed with him, and also enjoined it.
End quote.

And Allaah knows best

Culled from an explanation by Sheikh Saleh al Munnajjid on...
www.islam-qa.info

From the above authentic ahadith and scholarly explanations, it is clear that the prophet (ﷺ) was the first to introduce the taraweeh prayer in congregation. Therefore it is his Sunnah, while a bidaa is properly that act meant to be one of ibaadah which was not based on an action or command of the prophet (ﷺ), and it is clear that this was. Furthermore, in the khilafah of Umar (ra), it is clear that people were still praying in congregation, for as AbdulRahman bin abdAlQari narrated in the hadith above, "some men would pray alone, while some would pray and have groups behind them follow them". This shows that there were already established congregational prayers, and Umar (ra) merely joined them into one single group in line with the way they briefly prayed it when the prophet (ﷺ) was alive.

We pray that Allah makes this Ramadhan a means of attaining His Mercy and Forgiveness, and pray that He gives us the strength to stand shoulder to shoulder in the taraweeh prayer, taking place in mosques all over the world, with our brothers and our sisters in Islam, listening to the recitation of the incorruptible Quran, and seeking the Pleasure of our Lord... no matter how the chained shaytan and his roaming servants of the kuffar hate it.

COPIED...
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Newnas(m): 7:40am On May 27, 2017
nurshah:

Subhanallah! Who are you reffering to as infidel ? Please , let's be mindful on pur choice of words...

A person insults Abu Bakr, Omar and Uthman and curses Muawiyah and Aishah the wife of the Prophet and calls some of them infidel. rodiyaLLaahu anhum. You keep mute from that and instead attack the one who calls this nonentity an infidel.

Surah An-Najm, Verse 22:
تِلْكَ إِذًا قِسْمَةٌ ضِيزَىٰ

That indeed is a division most unfair!
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 8:33am On May 27, 2017
Newnas:

A person insults Abu Bakr, Omar and Uthman and curses Muawiyah and Aishah the wife of the Prophet and calls some of them infidel. rodiyaLLaahu anhum. You keep mute from that and instead attack the one who calls this nonentity an infidel.

Surah An-Najm, Verse 22:

(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

First and foremost I didn't observe secondly and most importantly ita a pity you chose first day of Ramadan to engage in such attacks.Iam fasting I won't walk this path with you. Thank you
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by AlBaqir(m): 10:22am On May 27, 2017
Newnas:

Surah An-Najm, Verse 22:

(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

# You should know by now that the sympathy you are looking for is far away from you. Your intention to derail this thread with silly accusations will always be foiled.

# Should you really want to iron out your pains, kindly bring out to the general thread where Albaqir has been a culprit of this accusation:

"A person insults Abu Bakr, Omar and Uthman and curses Muawiyah and Aishah the wife of the Prophet and calls some of them infidel".

One of your brothers has made similar accusation on this same thread and I had answered him at the appropriate space:
www.nairaland.com/1794405/islam-muslims-side-talk-
station/105#56616071
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by AlBaqir(m): 1:47am On May 29, 2017
AlBaqir:
JABATA: TARAWIH IS BID'AH (Part I)

In the Name of Allāh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

CLAIMS

Shaykh Muḥammad ‘Alī Jabata in his taped lecture entitled Aqeedah as-Sufiyyah (Oyo, Oyo State) – part, from 01:35:38 mins – 01:40:10 mins, states:
https://voiceofthesalaf.files./2014/08/jbt-aqqsuufis1.mp3

"Firstly, what is called tahajjud is qiyām al-layl. The Prophet, peace be upon him, used to pray this qiyām al-layl, in his home. Qiyām al-layl is performed at home. What is called qiyām is: after praying al-‘Ishā, you sleep. Then you wake up at midnight, maybe 3:00 am or 2:30 am or 3:30 am. You have to wake up at midnight. Then, you do the wuḍū (ablution), and start praying that nāfilah. The Prophet used to pray eleven rak’ahs only, whether in Ramaḍān or at other times. He would pray two rak’ahs, then do the taslīm, then another two rak’ahs, then another taslīm; then another two rak’ahs, then another taslīm; then another two rak’ahs, then another taslīm; then another two rak’ahs – which you call al-shaf’ – and then another taslīm; and then a single ra’kah – which you call al-witr. Then he would end the prayer. When you are in prostration, you should make any supplication you like, as directed by the Prophet. After the taḥiyyat, before the taslīm, you are free to make any du’ā you like. This is what is called tahajjud. If it is not in Ramaḍān, it is prayed individually. In Ramaḍān, it is that same prayer which you call tarāwīḥ. It is it.

That prayer which is called tarāwīḥ is that same tahajjud and qiyām al-layl. In Ramaḍān, you have to pray it exactly as described. After finishing the ‘Ishā prayer in Ramaḍān, you go home to sleep. Then, you return to the mosque at midnight. I am telling you how the Prophet used to pray it. Then, the Imām leads the prayer. He prays two rak’ahs, followed by taslīm, four times. Then, he prays two rak’ahs, which you call al-shaf’, followed with taslīm. Then, he prays one ra’kah and does the taslīm. This is what is called tarāwīḥ. The Prophet used to pray it at midnight, not after al-‘Ishā. After al-‘Ishā, if the Imām wants to pray tarāwīḥ, do not join him. Go home. Leave the Imām to pray it alone. Go home and sleep well. Then, wake up at midnight and pray it in congregation. The Imām should come to the mosque at midnight to lead it. It is his job. Why is it that they only go to naming and marriage ceremonies, and do not come to lead you in prayer? They should be coming to pray that one. This is what has evidence.

In Ramaḍān, it is performed in congregation, and one has to go out of the house to pray it. And it is for men only. Women are excluded. This is because there is a verse which commands women, saying: “You women, stay at home! And do not come out except if there is an important reason.” [sic] Also, a woman came to the Prophet and said, “O Prophet! I wish to be praying behind you in your mosque.” Meanwhile, it is far more rewarding to pray in the Prophet’s Mosque in al-Madīnah than to do so anywhere else. Despite that, the Prophet said: “No. Go back to your house. If you pray in your house, it is more rewarding than if you pray in my mosque.” He said it to a woman. The men used to pray with the Prophet in the mosque. So, in Ramaḍān, a woman must never join the congregational prayer in the mosque. She must stay in her house and perform the nāfilah prayers there."

OUR INVESTIGATIONS

We agree with Shaykh Jabata that what our Sunnī brothers call tarāwīḥ is exactly the same thing as tahajjud and qiyām al-layl. All three terms refer to the same nāfilah prayer. We also agree with him that tahajjud is not limited to the nights of Ramaḍān only. Rather, it runs continuously throughout the year. We further agree with him that the correct starting period of tarāwīḥ – in Ramaḍān or at any other time – is between 2:30 am and 3:30 am, at midnight, and not between 8:30 pm and 9:00 pm (as it is currently practised in Nigeria). Therefore, the prayer which Nigerian Sunnī Muslims perform immediately after al-‘Ishā, during the nights of Ramaḍān, is DIFFERENT from tarāwīḥ, tahajjud and qiyām al-layl. In Islam, you cannot perform any prayer before its time – whether it is obligatory or voluntary. As such, that prayer after al-‘Ishā is NOT tarāwīḥ (even though Nigerian Sunnīs wrongly call it that), and it has absolutely no evidence from Allāh and His Messenger (peace be upon him and his family). It is a clear bid’ah. Whosoever disagrees, we challenge him to:

(i) present any Sunnī ḥadīth – whether authentic or ḍa’īf – which proves that the Messenger of Allāh (peace be upon him and his family) ever led the Ṣaḥābah in tarāwīḥ immediately after al-‘Ishā for 29 or 30 nights of Ramaḍān; or

(ii) quote any Sunnī ḥadīth – whether reliable or not – which shows that the Prophet ever recommended or approved any such prayers

No creature throughout the seven heavens or the earth can meet this simple challenge. This is where the Shaykh himself runs into trouble. We challenge him and his followers – and any Sunnī in any part of the cosmos – to show us any reliable or ḍa’īf Sunnī report which establishes that the Messenger ever performed tarāwīḥ, tahajjud or qiyām al-layl – whatever you wish to call it – in congregation, at any period of the night, for 29 or 30 nights of any Ramaḍān! There is simply no such report in any book on this planet, or in any other planet, or throughout the seven heavens! The Prophet of Allāh never did that, and you will never be able to quote even a single ḍa’īf or fabricated ḥadīth which claims that he did (2:24):

"And if you cannot do this; and you will not be able to do this; then beware the Fire whose fuel is people and stones, it has been prepared for the rejecters."

Interestingly, Shaykh Jabata himself performs tarāwīḥ in congregation for 29 or 30 nights of Ramaḍān – something that the Prophet never did, recommended or approved!

So, if we look at some Sunnī aḥādīth, the Ahl al-Sunnah can only pray tarāwīḥ in some nights of Ramaḍān, at midnight. But, even those tarāwīḥ prayers which the Messenger of Allāh performed – in congregation – in some nights of Ramaḍān were later abrogated by him. Imām al-Bukhārī has recorded in his Ṣaḥīḥ (English translation), vol. 9, Book 92, Ḥadīth 393:
http://sunnah.com/bukhari/96/21

Narrated Zaid bin Thabit:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) took a room made of date palm leaves mats in the mosque. Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) prayed in it FOR A FEW NIGHTS till the people gathered (to pray the night prayer (Tarawih) (behind him.) Then on the 4th night the people did not hear his voice and they thought he had slept, so some of them started humming in order that he might come out. The Prophet (peace be upon him) then said, "You continued doing what I saw you doing till I was afraid that this (Tarawih prayer) might be enjoined on you, and if it were enjoined on you, you would not continue performing it. Therefore, O people! Perform your prayers AT YOUR HOMES, for the best prayer of a person is what is performed at his home except the compulsory congregational) prayer."

Al-Bukhārī further records in his Ṣaḥīḥ (English translation), vol. 1, Book 11, Ḥadīth 698:
http://sunnah.com/bukhari/10/125

Narrated Zaid bin Thabit:

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) made a small room in the month of Ramadan (Sa`id said, "I think that Zaid bin Thabit said that it was made of a mat"wink and he prayed there for A FEW NIGHTS, and so some of his companions prayed behind him. When he came to know about it, he kept on sitting. In the morning, he went out to them and said, "I have seen and understood what you did. You should pray IN YOUR HOUSES, for the best prayer of a person is that which he prays in his house except the compulsory prayers."

We know from these two reports that the Prophet led tarāwīḥ for only three nights. Then, he abrogated it, and commanded his Ṣaḥābah to perform it only at home. So, why do our Sunnī brothers perform it continuously for 29 or 30 nights in the mosque? What is your evidence for that? Rather, why pray it at all, since the Messenger of Allāh had already abrogated its congregational form before his death?

By Ansorul Mahdi Research Team
http://jabatacheck..com.ng/2016/05/jabata-tarawih-is-bidah-part-i.html

Obviously, the so-called Tarawih/Asamu is Bid'ah.
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Demmzy15(m): 1:20pm On May 29, 2017
AlBaqir:

Obviously, the so-called Tarawih/Asamu is Bid'ah.
OK!!!

Next?! undecided angry

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Fundamentalist: 2:10pm On May 29, 2017
Anytime I see a thread by albaqir I just conclude its not worth reading. The dude is like an infection . Its sad a lot of people are beginning to suffer from this epidemic .

Just imagine someone saying taraweeh is bidah.

Abdelkabir if I were u I won't waste my MB

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Religious Authority, Sistani Condemns Cursing Prophet Mohammed’s Companions / Part Of Benefits Of Entertaining Your Visitor / Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.