Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,578 members, 7,865,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:31 PM

Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) (6975 Views)

Can We Call People Who Do Shirk And Bid'ah Muslims? / If We Do Not Kill Bid'ah, Bid'ah Will Kill Us / Bid'ah(innovation In The Matters Of Religion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by MrOlai: 5:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
AbooTasleemah1:
Can't help but laugh at this level of ignorance. Will you disregard the hadeeth that says the prophet (SalaLlaahu 'alayhi wa salam ) prayed taraweeh?
In fact if you're truthful, provide a saheeh narration or athar from any of the salaf-us-saleeh that cites that taraweeh is bid'ah.

Just avoid him. He is a shia. Check his account and posts to know who he is.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by ShiaMuslim: 6:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
AlBaqir:
^ grin The onus lies on you to provide us daleel that Nabi, salallahu alayhi wa ahli ever prayed "Tarawih" immediately after Salatul Ishai and for 29 or 30days in Jama'a. His ruling stands for all times when he dissolved the uninvited congregation at his back saying, "O people! Perform your prayers AT YOUR HOMES, for the BEST prayer of a person is what is performed at his home except the compulsory congregational) prayer."
# We have equally provide clear proves where your Salaf unanimously explain the meaning of Tahajjud/Tarawih. You are free to provide sahih evidence that says otherwise.

of course he cannot provide any hadith and he may not mind practicing bid'ah as long as the Shia are opposed to it. look at what the other one is saying. that you are Shia so he should avoid you even when you speak the truth. bad habits die hard. i am sure if the Prophet (s) were to resurrect and tell them taraweeh is bid'ah the likes of MrOlai would tell him "you are Shia". cheesy
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Empiree: 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
As I said some place before, we truly need CONGREGATIONAL TARAWIL in our modern time, bida'a or not. There seems to be authentic narration supporting praying tarawil singly or individually at home. The problem however is that because we muslims have tagged ourselves those silly names makes it difficult for sect A to accept sect B.

For instance, shia muslims, if you have one on one conversation with them, they would have no problem with congregational tarawil because there are DEFINITELY benefits in it today. The reason they would argue and condemn CONGREGATIONAL TARAWIL is because of their ego and hatred for Umar Farooq ibn Khattab (rodiyaAllah anihu). That's why i have said severally that the whole argument is simply borne out of schism and hatred.

My point is, evidences provided by Shia are NOT necessarily Shia position. Remove the name tag and you would see that there are many Sunni scholars who go against CONGREGATIONAL TARAWIL as well. So it is not only shia position.

I remember this issue was brought up by Albaqir and tbaba in Ramadan 2014. https://www.nairaland.com/1794405/islam-muslims-side-talk-station#24414843

This sister responded to tbaba...

^
Sissie:

Some sunni are also of the same opinion with what al_baqir posted it's not a shia position per se.

I definitely dont see congregational tarawil as bida'a. "Bida'a Asanat" mentioned by Umar, has to do with linguistic analysis. Far as i'm concerned, Umar(rta) revived it...not something new or invented.

Tbaba highlighted in his article copied from islamqa that "CONGREGATIONAL TARAWIL is unanimous consensus of scholar while albaqir's argument is based on QOLA RASULULAH...that praying individually in the house is BETTER

I have no problem with congregational Tarawil. Many benefits in it. Do you agree with this albaqir?
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by sino(m): 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
AlBaqir:
^ grin The onus lies on you to provide us daleel that Nabi, salallahu alayhi wa ahli ever prayed "Tarawih" immediately after Salatul Ishai and for 29 or 30days in Jama'a. His ruling stands for all times when he dissolved the uninvited congregation at his back saying, "O people! Perform your prayers AT YOUR HOMES, for the BEST prayer of a person is what is performed at his home except the compulsory congregational) prayer."
# We have equally provide clear proves where your Salaf unanimously explain the meaning of Tahajjud/Tarawih. You are free to provide sahih evidence that says otherwise.

ShiaMuslim:

of course he cannot provide any hadith and he may not mind practicing bid'ah as long as the Shia are opposed to it. look at what the other one is saying. that you are Shia so he should avoid you even when you speak the truth. bad habits die hard. i am sure if the Prophet (s) were to resurrect and tell them taraweeh is bid'ah the likes of MrOlai would tell him "you are Shia". cheesy

@AlBaqir and ShiaMuslim
You guys keep avoiding germane questions that would have revealed how truthful your claims are/were, you keep on repeating the same line of argument as if that would automatically prove your claims to be accurate.

Anyways,

1. You claim that tarawih in congregation is bid’ah, you have done so by providing sunni narrations, especially using Umar’s (ra) narration where he mentioned “what a good bid’ah”…If we are to accept this your claim, then it would mean the Prophet (SAW) also indulged in the bid’ah for three days according to the narrations you have provided here thus far, right?

Again, in the same narration, it stated clearly that some companions were observing in small groups and some individually, in the Masjid before Umar (ra) joined them under a single reciter. Now the question is, were those companions also oblivious that tarawih in jam’ah was a bid’ah? And that they ought to have been observing it in their homes?! So no single sahabah could come out to challenge those observing it in the Masjid in small groups, and no one confronted Umar (ra) not even Ali (ra)? Were they all hypnotized?! What explanation do you have for the above issues raised?!

2. I had asked you to give us when night starts according to the shi’ah, I thought you guys always follow the Qur’an and understood it more than the sunnis, tahajjud/tarawih is called night prayer in the Qur’an, Allah (SWT) commanded the Prophet (SAW) to pray in the night except a little, half of it, or to increase it more than half…another issue is when does isha prayer starts and when does it terminate?! I do not know of you shi’as, but what is established is that isha prayer has the longest period being after the complete sunset till before fajr shows…If this is the case, then why should observing tarawih/tahajjud after isha be an issue?! If I prayed my isha at 1:00 am, and immediately commence my tahajud/tarawih, does that nullify my tahajjud/tarawih? Did the Prophet (SAW) forbid praying nawafil immediately after Isha?

3. Again, tahajjud/tarawih is a supererogatory prayer, if you do not observe it, you are not punished, the rewards in observing it are enormous, and the reward for observing it during the month of Ramadhan are even far greater… Arguing about the timing and number of rakah by you shi’a, is a paradox…note, no one forces anyone to observe 20 rakahs or immediately after Isha, since we have on record that the best of generations, the companions of the Prophet (SAW) observed it so, and there was no contestation, you and your cohorts can never label such activity a bid’ah, and as already been established, your understanding of Umar’s (ra) statement “what a good bid’ah” is skewed, for if those far more knowledgeable than you and were more concerned about safeguarding the true teachings of their beloved Prophet and leader (SAW) did not misconstrue Umar’s statement, then you should know you do not have a point at all to stand on and say it is bid’ah.

4. It seems you couldn’t refute the narrations from your books that claim the Prophet (SAW) observed tarawih immediately after Isha, I guess you guys should concern yourselves with what is written in your books, or do you believe our books are more accurate than yours i.e those narrations I posted are all fabricated? Well I know your sect desperately depends on what can be found in our books, although you people apply lots of twisting to suite your doctrines, and since you cannot even prove the fundamental of your sect from the Qur’an, I understand you people’s plight, continue to quote our books seeking for legitimation for your alien beliefs…Do I need to remind you what your scholars say about the narrations found in your books not being reliable?!

5. And as already stated before, the shi’ah only reason for always going against the sunnah of the Prophet (SAW), is basically because of hatred for the companions of the Prophet (SAW) especially, Abu Bakr(ra) and Umar (ra). Hating on the companions of the Prophet (SAW) would never guaranty your salvation; it can only lead to a painful torment both in this world and the next.

With regards to the proof you seek, I am astonished! You yourself had provided the proof that taraweeh was observed after Isha by the best of generation, what other proof do you seek? Moreover, I asked in another thread, why were the companions on the fourth day that the Prophet (SAW) didn’t come out to pray taraweeh in the masjid with them thought the Prophet (SAW) had slept?! If they knew the Prophet (SAW) had slept earlier, shouldn’t the reasonable thing to say or think is that the Prophet (SAW) is yet to wake up?!

Also, The Prophet (SAW) said "O people! Perform your prayers AT YOUR HOMES, for the BEST prayer of a person is what is performed at his home except the compulsory congregational) prayer." Indeed the words of the Prophet (SAW) are true, but do you understand?! Didn’t the Prophet (SAW) pray other non-obligatory prayers in the Masjid?! When a superlative such as best is used for two options, does it automatically mean the other option is bad or worse?! Haven’t you heard of good better best?! How do you apply your intellect bro?! This is quite shameful, very shameful!
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by ShiaMuslim: 9:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
Empiree:
As I said some place before, we truly need CONGREGATIONAL TARAWIL in our modern time, bida'a or not. There seems to be authentic narration supporting praying tarawil singly or individually at home. The problem however is that because we muslims have tagged ourselves those silly names makes it difficult for sect A to accept sect B.
For instance, shia muslims, if you have one on one conversation with them, they would have no problem with congregational tarawil because there are DEFINITELY benefits in it today. The reason they would argue and condemn CONGREGATIONAL TARAWIL is because of their ego and hatred for Umar Farooq ibn Khattab (rodiyaAllah anihu). That's why i have said severally that the whole argument is simply borne out of schism and hatred.
My point is, evidences provided by Shia are NOT necessarily Shia position. Remove the name tag and you would see that there are many Sunni scholars who go against CONGREGATIONAL TARAWIL as well. So it is not only shia position.
I remember this issue was brought up by Albaqir and tbaba in Ramadan 2014. https://www.nairaland.com/1794405/islam-muslims-side-talk-station#24414843
This sister responded to tbaba...
^
I definitely dont see congregational tarawil as bida'a. "Bida'a Asanat" mentioned by Umar, has to do with linguistic analysis. Far as i'm concerned, Umar(rta) revived it...not something new or invented.
Tbaba highlighted in his article copied from islamqa that "CONGREGATIONAL TARAWIL is unanimous consensus of scholar while albaqir's argument is based on QOLA RASULULAH...that praying individually in the house is BETTER
I have no problem with congregational Tarawil. Many benefits in it. Do you agree with this albaqir?

this also goes to @sino.

brother Empiree, the issue is not one of ego or hatred for Umar. it is upholding the Sunnah of the Prophet (s). supplementary prayer (nawafil), whether you call it taraweeh or tahajjud or no name at all, IS NOT PRAYED IN CONGREGATION. taraweeh can be prayed at individually since it is a supplementary prayer and individual effort is required to make additional prayer aside from the obligatory ones. if you like pray 100 rekat after Ishaa, but do not do so in congregation. do not institute or make obligatory through congregation by adding to the obligatory prayers Allah (swt) ordered us. only the obligatory prayers are prayed in congregation. if we start today praying taraweeh or tahajjud in congregation, tomorrow we may start praying 2 rekat nafila in congregation. is that bid'ah hasanat too? this is the entire problem. the Prophet (s) prevented them from changing his teachings. and for the fact that they did it for three days does not mean that the Prophet (s) promoted or encouraged it. the Prophet (s) does not act or say something out of his desires. it is out of revelations that the Prophet (s) act or speak based on Surat an-Najm. so it is very possible a revelation came to him to actively prevent them when they persisted. the point remain that those who congregated committed bi'dah. and it wasnt bid'ah until the Prophet (s) prevented them and had the Prophet (s) not prevented them it wont be called bid'ah. funny enough, this attitude or promotion of what the Prophet (s) prevented is not applied on the case of Mut'ah marriage. Sunnis believe the Prophet (s) later on forbade mutah. today, many Sunnis who may not know that the Prophet (s) allowed mutah in his time would call mutah "zina" and actively oppose it because the Shia insist it was not the Prophet (s) who stopped it. both mutah and taraweeh point at the direction of Umar. yet some people think we "hate" Umar or we say certain historical facts simply because his name is "Umar". no, it is to ensure the religion of Islam is based on Muhammadi Sunnah and not based on anyone's desires or sunnah that aims to uproot the original teachings of the Prophet (s). if the religion follows such a path, Yazeed at a point used to pray while drunk and order for adhan when it was not time for adhan. this attitude will falsify the religion and uproot it. today there are mosques in europe and america where women lead prayer. if we accept such changes on taraweeh and mutah, then anything will be accepted and many changes will follow. we have to protect the deen.
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Empiree: 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2016
ShiaMuslim:
if we start today praying taraweeh or tahajjud in congregation, tomorrow we may start praying 2 rekat nafila in congregation. is that bid'ah hasanat too? this is the entire problem.
Obviously, it has bnot been problem in 1400yrs now. As you can see only in Ramadan it is congregated including Shafi/Witr. What i do disagree with is lengthy surah they recite in taraweeh. This is in conflict with another hadith that speaks about shorting sura in congregational salat obligatory or not because of weak ones, nursing moms etc.

the Prophet (s) prevented them from changing his teachings. and for the fact that they did it for three days does not mean that the Prophet (s) promoted or encouraged it. the Prophet (s) does not act or say something out of his desires. it is out of revelations that the Prophet (s) act or speak based on Surat an-Najm. so it is very possible a revelation came to him to actively prevent them when they persisted. the point remain that those who congregated committed bi'dah. and it wasnt bid'ah until the Prophet (s) prevented them and had the Prophet (s) not prevented them it wont be called bid'ah. funny enough, this attitude or promotion of what the Prophet (s) prevented is not applied on the case of Mut'ah marriage. Sunnis believe the Prophet (s) later on forbade mutah. today, many Sunnis who may not know that the Prophet (s) allowed mutah in his time would call mutah "zina" and actively oppose it because the Shia insist it was not the Prophet (s) who stopped it. both mutah and taraweeh point at the direction of Umar. yet some people think we "hate" Umar or we say certain historical facts simply because his name is "Umar". no, it is to ensure the religion of Islam is based on Muhammadi Sunnah and not based on anyone's desires or sunnah that aims to uproot the original teachings of the Prophet (s). if the religion follows such a path, Yazeed at a point used to pray while drunk and order for adhan when it was not time for adhan. this attitude will falsify the religion and uproot it. today there are mosques in europe and america where women lead prayer. if we accept such changes on taraweeh and mutah, then anything will be accepted and many changes will follow. we have to protect the deen.
why lumping mut'ah into this?
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Newnas(m): 7:49am On Jun 07, 2016
ShiaMuslim:

The prophet alyhissolaat wassalaam cannot get up and say its bidah because the religion is already complete and perfected by Allah through his Prophet, and it has been clearly explained.

So let the blessed soul of our messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam rest in peace. It's you that should try to depart from your personal desires and submit to texts of Quran and sunnah according to the understanding of the salaf i.e pious predecessors.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Newnas(m): 7:53am On Jun 07, 2016
Debating with these deviants (shia) is more absurd than teaching a pig how to sign!!!

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by MrOlai: 8:07am On Jun 07, 2016
Newnas:
Debating with these deviants (shia) is more absurd than teaching a pig how to sign!!!

True talk! They are paid agents to destroy Islam from within!

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2016
MrOlai:

Paid agents?
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by MrOlai: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Paid agents?
Yes!
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 07, 2016
MrOlai:

Yes!

Pls tell me about it.
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by ShiaMuslim: 12:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
Newnas:

The prophet alyhissolaat wassalaam cannot get up and say its bidah because the religion is already complete and perfected by Allah through his Prophet, and it has been clearly explained.

The Prophet (s) stopped it so it's not part of the religion.

So let the blessed soul of our messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam rest in peace. It's you that should try to depart from your personal desires and submit to texts of Quran and sunnah according to the understanding of the salaf i.e pious predecessors.

Very good. I love this honesty of yours: "according to the understanding of the salaf."

I'm not obliged by any belief to follow your so called salaf. So you're practicing Islam according to the whims, understanding, ignorance, knowledge, leaning and rejection of certain men, and not according to the understanding of the Prophet (s) himself or the Ahlul-Bayt (as), whom are part of the THAQALAIN we are told by the Prophet (s) to abide by to never go astray. I will follow no salaf or sahaba who contradict the teachings of the Prophet (s) or his Ahlul-Bayt (as). It's that simple to me. You are a Salafist, good for you. But stop making the understanding of the so called salaf you follow divine and pure Islam. They were fallible men who erred.
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by ShiaMuslim: 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
MrOlai:

Paid by who, how much and for what?

You made a claim so you must prove it or else you're deviant. Going by the harsh economic situation in the country, if we are "paid agents", by now 90% of Nigerians, including Igbos would be Shia Muslims! cheesy
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Newnas(m): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
ShiaMuslim:

You made a claim so you must prove it or else you're deviant. Going by the harsh economic situation in the country, if we are "paid agents", by now 90% of Nigerians, including Igbos would be Shia Muslims! cheesy

That's a great fallacy, the incorrectness of this statement is not hidden to anyone who gives it an extra second of pondering!

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by AlBaqir(m): 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
@ ShiaMuslim, Akhi, have you forgotten the saying of Mawla Ameer al-Mu'mineen Imam Ali, "Silence, is the best answer to a fool"? Don't waste your time please.
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by MrOlai: 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Pls tell me about it.

They get money and training from Iran!
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by MrOlai: 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
AlBaqir:
@ ShiaMuslim, Akhi, have you forgotten the saying of Mawla Ameer al-Mu'mineen Imam Ali, "Silence, is the best answer to a fool"? Don't waste your time please.

Agent of shaytan!

Ali (R.A) is a noble companion of the Prophet(SAW). He is far away from all the evils you deviant shia people attribute to him. Shaytan is your Ameer not Ali(R.A).

Ali(R.A) killed many of you people during his reign as Caliph! Go and ask your deviant leaders!
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by MrOlai: 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
ShiaMuslim:

No sane human being would voluntarily accept your religion(shiism) except criminals, even with the money and prostitution you're using to lure people into it!

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by ShiaMuslim: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
AlBaqir:

Jazak Allah Khaira akhi!

Thanks for the reminder. You're very correct. I can see they have resorted to lies and insults and bickering like frustrated housewives. May Allah (swt) give them courage and strength to loose free from the bondage and deceptions they have been spoon fed to believe is Islam and the Truth from our Lord.

Ramadan Kareem akhi! I hope you're reciting Dua Iftiha in this holy month...it is our weapon against the enemies and their plots.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Bashyr326(m): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2017
Qiyaam and Witr can only be prayed after praying ‘Isha’. So you should have prayed ‘Isha’ first and then prayed qiyaam and Witr after that.

Al-Nawawi said in al-Majmoo’ (3/526):
The time for Taraweeh begins when ‘Isha’ prayer is over, as was stated by al-Baghawi and others, and lasts until dawn comes. End quote.
It says in al-Insaaf (4/166):

The time for it (i.e., Taraweeh) begins after ‘Isha’ prayer and its Sunnahs, according to the correct view. This is the view of the majority and is the practice of the Muslims. End quote.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:
The time for Taraweeh is from after ‘Isha’ prayer until dawn comes. End quote.
Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen , 14/210

Based on this, what should a person do if he comes to the mosque late, when the imam has already finished ‘Isha’ and has started Taraweeh?
The correct view is that he should join the imam, with the intention of praying ‘Isha’, and he should stand to complete his prayer (i.e., four rak’ahs) after the imam says the salaam. Then he should join him in the remainder of Taraweeh prayer.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
There is nothing wrong with praying ‘Isha’ behind one who is praying Taraweeh. Imam Ahmad (may Allaah have mercy on him) stated that if a man enters the mosque in Ramadaan when they are praying Taraweeh, he should pray behind the imam with the intention of praying ‘Isha’, then when the imam says the salaam at the end of the prayer, he should complete whatever remains of ‘Isha’ prayer.

End quote from Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen , 12/443, 445
See also the answer to question no. 37829 for more information of praying Taraweeh before ‘Isha’.

And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/65561
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Newnas(m): 10:32am On May 06, 2017
Innovation is Haram and the people of sunnah are free from it.

Tarawih in congregation is completely in line with the sunnah in fact the messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam lead the people in Solah.

Evidence:

Soheeh Bukharee
Book: of Solah Tarawih

Chapter: The excellence of someone who prays at night in Ramadan

Hadith no :1946

Narrated ''''Ursa:

That he was informed by `Aisha, "Allah''''s Apostle went out in the middle of the night and prayed in the mosque and some men prayed behind him. In the morning, the people spoke about it and then a large number of them gathered and prayed behind him (on the second night). In the next morning the people again talked about it and on the third night the mosque was full with a large number of people. Allah''''s Apostle came out and the people prayed behind him. On the fourth night the Mosque was overwhelmed with people and could not accommodate them, but the Prophet came out (only) for the morning prayer. When the morning prayer was finished he recited Tashah-hud and (addressing the people) said, "Amma ba'du, your presence was not hidden from me but I was afraid lest the night prayer (Qiyam) should be enjoined on you and you might not be able to carry it on." So, Allah''''s Apostle died and the situation remained like that (i.e. people prayed individually). "

So the messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam left observing it in congregation out of fear that Allah that observing it in congregation would be made obligatory. After his death alyhissolaat wassalaam, that fear is no more, so we continue observing it in congregation.

However I ask this infidel AlBaqir:

Your insult and hatred for Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman is an innovation no believer practiced it during the Prophet's time and after not even Ali rodiyaLLaahu anhum.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 17, 2017
AlBaqir:

Kindly read the article well. Jabata make some senses in certain areas but wrong as usual in his conclusion. Jabata aside, Tarawih is Bid'ah.

I actually was about to condemn but after reading he dies make sense..wallahi I never knew it was bidi'ah
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 17, 2017
Newnas:
Innovation is Haram and the people of sunnah are free from it.

Tarawih in congregation is completely in line with the sunnah in fact the messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam lead the people in Solah.

Evidence:

Soheeh Bukharee
Book: of Solah Tarawih

Chapter: The excellence of someone who prays at night in Ramadan

Hadith no :1946

Narrated ''''Ursa:

That he was informed by `Aisha, "Allah''''s Apostle went out in the middle of the night and prayed in the mosque and some men prayed behind him. In the morning, the people spoke about it and then a large number of them gathered and prayed behind him (on the second night). In the next morning the people again talked about it and on the third night the mosque was full with a large number of people. Allah''''s Apostle came out and the people prayed behind him. On the fourth night the Mosque was overwhelmed with people and could not accommodate them, but the Prophet came out (only) for the morning prayer. When the morning prayer was finished he recited Tashah-hud and (addressing the people) said, "Amma ba'du, your presence was not hidden from me but I was afraid lest the night prayer (Qiyam) should be enjoined on you and you might not be able to carry it on." So, Allah''''s Apostle died and the situation remained like that (i.e. people prayed individually). "

So the messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam left observing it in congregation out of fear that Allah that observing it in congregation would be made obligatory. After his death alyhissolaat wassalaam, that fear is no more, so we continue observing it in congregation.

However I ask this infidel AlBaqir:

Your insult and hatred for Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman is an innovation no believer practiced it during the Prophet's time and after not even Ali rodiyaLLaahu anhum.

Subhanallah! Who are you reffering to as infidel ? Please , let's be mindful on pur choice of words...

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 17, 2017
Newnas:

Kai please shia are still Muslims were not in position to compare anyone or relate anything to pigs... If the prophet saw did not use such words on those who did not accept Islam who are you to use on sect who have proclaimed shahada?

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 17, 2017
nurshah:

Kai please shia are still Muslims were not in position to compare anyone or relate anything to pigs... If the prophet saw did not use such words on those who did not accept Islam who are you to use on sect who have proclaimed shahada?

The prophet used "dogs" for the khawaarij.....

Moreover anyone who believes the Qur'an is incomplete or has been distorted (like the twelver shia believe) is not a Muslim ijmaa'an, so calling twelver shias "Muslims" without exception is an error, an error, error...
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 17, 2017
nurshah:

I actually was about to condemn but after reading he dies make sense..wallahi I never knew it was bidi'ah

Smh.......
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 17, 2017
[quote author=AbdelKabir post=56612061]

The prophet used "dogs" for the khawaarij.....

Moreover anyone whoever believes the Qur'an is incomplete or has been distorted (like the twelver shia believe) is not a Muslim ijmaa'an, so calling twelver shias "Muslims" without exception is an error, an error, error...[/quote

That is what you fall on to term them or compare them to pigs ? Really? To go into further argument on this will just be a total waste of time as clearly I can see that you are not only harsh but ........

Ma'asalam

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Empiree: 5:01pm On May 17, 2017
Let me open my brown teeth for a moment

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 17, 2017
AbdelKabir:

You should rather say the prophet was wrong for calling khawaarij (Muslims according to scholars) dogs.....

I am only correcting you and not arguing with you

Hmmm...are u okay at all? Did u read the first paragraph that u stated?
Please let's be very very careful on pur choice of words in trying to prove points we over step boundaries .
Am not joining issues with you ....u can't correct me,my dear... I don't even join issues with your kind
You are free to assume what you wish to but be careful be very very careful and always be open to real search as well as mind what comes out of your mouth .if those words are the last you wish to utter before dying and you are comfortable then go ahead .

Don't mention me please .you disgust me
Re: Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 17, 2017
nurshah:

Hmmm...are u okay at all? Did u read the first paragraph that u stated?
Please let's be very very careful on pur choice of words in trying to prove points we over step boundaries .
Am not joining issues with you ....u can't correct me,my dear... I don't even join issues with your kind
You are free to assume what you wish to but be careful be very very careful and always be open to real search as well as mind what comes out of your mouth .if those words are the last you wish to utter before dying and you are comfortable then go ahead .

Don't mention me please .you disgust me

You had better don't burst like a watermelon grin grin

Like I said, you are being corrected for saying nonsense, if you don't want deviants to be given terms, then the first person you should correct is the prophet himself....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints / Maliki Yawmi Alddeeni - 3rd Ayah Of The Quran / Islamic Etiquettes of Seeking Permission To Enter Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.