Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed (829 Views)

Lai Mohammed: "We Will No Longer Make Excuses For Recession" / We Are Elected To Pad Budget – Abiodun Olasupo / Nigeria Would Have Destroyed If Buhari Was Not Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by sholatour(m): 12:11pm On May 27, 2016
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has assured Nigerians that the present administration was determined to turn around the economic situation for good. Mohammed noted that the administration was aware that it was not elected to make excuses but to put the nation back on a sound economic footing, ensure the security of lives and property and banish corruption, The Nation reports.

He therefore assured Nigerians that the change promised was real, despite the current tough situation. Speaking at a meeting with members of Broadcasting Organizations of Nigeria (BON) in Abuja alongside four other ministers, the minister reassured Nigerians that the present administration was not lacking in political will, commitment, discipline and prudence.

Other ministers in attendance are: Dr. Chris Ngige, Labour and Employment; Babatunde Fashiola, Power, Housing and Work; FCT, Musa Bello and Trade and Investment, Okey Enelamah. Information and Culture minister also noted that for keen followers of the activities of government in the past one year will admit that the administration has made great strides towards fulfilling its campaign promises.

He said, “As I have said at many fora, our economy, or whatever is left of it after years of serial mismanagement and massive corruption, is in a bad state. “Throw into the mix the huge fall in oil price, and you have nothing but a disaster of an economy. But then, this Administration is aware that it was not elected to make excuses but to put the nation back on a sound economic footing, ensure the security of lives and property and banish corruption.

“We have therefore decided to turn the disaster that we inherited into a blessing by diversifying our economy away from the mono-product of oil, leveraging on agriculture, solid minerals as well as culture and tourism, among others. “Let me assure Nigerians that the change we promised is real, despite the tough situation we are in at the moment. It is real because there is no shortage of political will, commitment, discipline and prudence on the part of government, under the dedicated and visionary leadership of President Buhari.

Read more: http://www.sofreedomains.com/2016/05/we-are-not-elected-to-make-excuses-lai.html

Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by reverendfather: 12:20pm On May 27, 2016
at the mention of lie Mohammed the devil begins to wonder if he's still eligible for the throne of lies.

6 Likes

Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 27, 2016
But you have been making a lot of it. A quick resort to blaming the past administration has become your buffer against criticisms.

4 Likes

Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by coolzeal(m): 12:31pm On May 27, 2016
Oh please..... We are exhausted from your empty promises and unlimited assurances without working to achieve your main objective. . Everyday "we will", "we shall", "we will".... This country self...

4 Likes

Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by Amakortee: 12:34pm On May 27, 2016
I have heard o
Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by MRSALT: 12:37pm On May 27, 2016
If you look at his statements properly, you will still deduce thesame message; BLAME previous administrations. Leopard can never change the spots in his skin. But come to think of it, I think Buhari and APC should be grateful to GEJ for his failure. Otherwise who will vote an old tyrant without vision to rule the most educated nation in Africa.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by Nkemtreasure: 12:37pm On May 27, 2016
Then why do you keep making excuses....
Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by sholatour(m): 9:51pm On May 27, 2016
undecided
coolzeal:
Oh please..... We are exhausted from your empty promises and unlimited assurances without working to achieve your main objective. . Everyday "we will", "we shall", "we will".... This country self...
Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by Sunnycliff(m): 9:56pm On May 27, 2016
Who still believes this Masquerade Human Resources Manager
Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by Amanwulu1(m): 10:42pm On May 27, 2016
Ordinarily I don't read anyting lai mohammed but I read dis one n would've been surprised not to see him blaming pdp.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by lukecent: 11:35pm On May 27, 2016
Yes, you were not elected to tell excuses but to fabricate lies, to blame the past government for all our problems and do nothing about it. It's your one year in office and Nigeria is worst than you meet it.

I know you guys re not prepared to lead Nigeria. You re just good at propaganda and best as opposition. That's just the fact.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by keyremotes(m): 12:25am On May 28, 2016
HIS CHILDREN WOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIM BY NOW.
I WONDER HOW HE FEELS WHEN HE HEARS OR READS ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY OF HIM
Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by belente(m): 4:14am On May 28, 2016
of course not, but only to tell lies.
Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by OLADD: 6:39am On May 28, 2016
Thank God Lai Mohammed was not a spokesperson for any of the two contending forces during the civil war. It wouldn't have ended under 3 years.
Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by sholatour(m): 6:48am On May 28, 2016
Amanwulu1:
Ordinarily I don't read anyting lai mohammed but I read dis one n would've been surprised not to see him blaming pdp.
Re: We Are Not Elected To Make Excuses - Lai Mohammed by lashout1: 6:48am On May 28, 2016
you are specifically appointed to lai.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Certificate Suit: Judge Under Fire Over Ruling. / BREAKING: Ahmed Makarfi Takes Over PDP Hqs {photos} / Militants Blow Another Oil Pipelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.