Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency (89148 Views)

"Don't Attack Soldiers, Oil Workers & Aircrafts" - Niger Delta Avengers / PHOTO: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Own Currency note / Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Own Currency Note, Dumps Biafra As Nigeria's Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by ooshinibos: 9:50pm On May 28, 2016
Elebiju:
I can't stop laughing at your idiocy, let your brothers continue with the bombings and you won't even compare Niger Delta with Somalia.
bros , no vex , I was joking , I wanted to say that Niger delta should have been the Dubai of Nigeria if successive government had taken care of the place by developing the infrastructure of Niger delta..
at the end of the day Niger delta has been feeding Nigeria for years ..I beg no vex
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by Elebiju: 8:06am On May 29, 2016
ooshinibos:

bros , no vex , I was joking , I wanted to say that Niger delta should have been the Dubai of Nigeria if successive government had taken care of the place by developing the infrastructure of Niger delta..
at the end of the day Niger delta has been feeding Nigeria for years ..I beg no vex
I'm sorry for using such harsh word for you.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by Enahi(f): 9:42pm On May 29, 2016
tollyboy5:
Enahi

You be real mumu, now tell me what's the name of the Oil field you are reffering to and what year was it discovered?
At least some 1 has provided a link were oil was first discovered in nigeria, u don't need 2 say ilaje aren't core yorubas even d ijebus badagrians etc knw they are nt also, they are jst ok been united as yoruba. Wanted 2 wish u happy birth day but I slept off wish many happy returns long life and prosperity

You are wishing me a happy birthday after insulting me, not fair.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by Enahi(f): 9:46pm On May 29, 2016
I promised the Mods that I was going to apologize to 989900B for insulting him on this forum, I am truly sorry.

989900B I am sorry once again!
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by gartamanta: 9:58pm On May 29, 2016
richybanky:

Pls y is it dat anybody dat is against Ipob or Biafra is called Yoruba?

Because it is virtually only them that is against Biafra
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by richybanky(m): 12:59am On May 30, 2016
gartamanta:

U tink so? How sure ar u dat dey ar even yoruba as u claimed?

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by ooshinibos: 8:08am On May 30, 2016
Elebiju:
I'm sorry for using such harsh word for you.
That's ok Elebiju...I guess we are both frustrated for the lack of development of the oil producing areas of Nigeria , its a sad case
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by 989900B: 11:19am On May 30, 2016
Enahi:
I promised the Mods that I was going to apologize to 989900B for insulting him on this forum, I am truly sorry.

989900B I am sorry once again!

I'm sorry I'm seeing this rather late.
I don't take jabs on here that serious anyways. cool
It's OK ma'am -- we're straight.

Wishing you a wonderful week.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by tollyboy5(m): 12:54pm On May 30, 2016
no ooo!i jst quote u ni o luk am well nw na ur past comment im sorry
Enahi:

You are wishing me a happy birthday after insulting me, not fair.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by richybanky(m): 11:50am On Jun 01, 2016
gartamanta:

Let me know wen u ar tru deceiving urself, how many yorubas av u come across for u to judge dat dey ar against Biafra? Don't take whatever u see on nairaland serious.. My 10 cent

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by Alexikarri: 11:53am On Jun 01, 2016
yomexp:
I thought IPOB said they are part of niger delta. grin grin
see as them calve the land of the African Jews away.
Nobody trust the IPOB, they see every other tribe as an enemy

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by Deadlytruth(m): 12:33am On Jun 02, 2016
Ariani:

You gave no superior argument on Awo, a personal and emotional one, yes.
Zik 're aligning with Awo in 1964 was because Zik knew that Awo had no option of sitting on the fence, as Awo's bitter rival Akintola had a already aligned himself to the North in NNA, Awo was a cornered man with only option of forming alliance with the East, so Zik took the opportunity.
It had nothing to do with what you are painting, and it sure didn't change the fact that in 1959, Awo had the options of choosing between the North and South, and was instead sitting on the fence, looking to strike a deal with a perceived likely winner. Zik noticed that and moved fast to snuff Awo out. Awo played the same game when he sat on the fence between Ojukwu and Gowon and in the end joined the likely winning side.

Like I told you, This Awo argument is a no starter.

SNG did nothing. The moment Akunyili was sure that Yaradua was dead, she called the bluff of Turai's kitchen cabinet. Like a typical Igbo, she remained loyal to Yaradua to the end.
By the way, Lagos is a cosmopolitan city, with many Nigerian groups. Perhaps you forgot that the capital of Western region ie Yoruba nation was in Ibadan, can you show me any protests in Ibadan against Yaradua.

GEJ never snobbed Akunyili. It was Akunyili who resigned from her post to compete for elections in Anambra. Since APGA was the reigning party and a close affiliate to PDP centrally, Dora politically calculated that she stood a better chance of clinching victory under APGA than other PDP, too bad it didn't work out for her.

Under the time of discuss, the Eastern region under Ojukwu did not recognize Gowon's powers, Ojukwu insisted on Ogundipe, and with the Northern soldiers resident in the East haven been sent back north with their guns by Ojukwu, I wonder how Gowon orders could have released Awo from Calabar prisons that was guarded by soldiers and police only loyal to Ojukwu without Ojukwu's knowledge.

Yes, Zik is an Anioma son, Onitsha is traditionally an Anioma town, Anioma extends beyond Western Igboland and spilled into Eastern Igboland. Azikiwe was a descendant of the Igbo man Ezechime, the very same man that founded many Communities in Anioma area.
I find it hard to believe that Anioma votes were divided between Awo and Zik.

And yes, you sound every bit like a Yoruba man. I have a discerning spirit, and I can sense that.

In 1964 Awolowo had the option of aligning with the North because Tafawa Balewa had already offered to release him on the condition that he accepts to merge his AG with NPC so as to quieten Igbos once and for all since it was obvious to Balewa that a larger percentage of Yorubas believed more in Awo than Akintola. However, Awolowo declined Balewa's offer thus choosing to remain in prison as a matter of principle. That was perhaps what endeared him to Nzeogwu and co who are said to have planned to release him and make him prime minister while they put Zik's name in the list of those to be killed for hobnobbing with the North.
If Zik did his shameless U-turn because he felt Awolowo was without option then why did the same Zik again abandon the UPGA coalition to take up the president position with the NNA after the badly rigged elections against UPGA? That showed Zik was actually the one sitting on the fence. Zik had always been a chameleon as far back as 1938 when he pulled out of NYM in annoyance over the fact that the Yoruba man he supported lost the election to the Ijaw man Awolowo supported. Zik pulled out of NYM and went back to join the same Herbert Macualay whose ideas and NNDP party the youths (inculuding Zik himself) had earlier on rejected and which they formed the NYM to counter. Also Zik had accepted to officiate at a symposium in 1949 aimed at publicly denouncing colonial rule and pressing for independence. But on the D-day Zik was nowhere to be found. After waiting in vain for him for 2 hours the other youths there took it upon themselves to speak and as expected they were arrested and detained by the colonial authority. However on being interviewed by Journalists the next day Zik declared that those youths who organized that symposium were suffering from youthful exuberance. When Anthony Enahoro, one of the imprisoned youths, regained his freedom and was told of Zik's interview with journalists he stopped being an ally of Zik and crossed to Awo's side, and then wrote a book he titled, "Azikiwe: Sinner or saint". Zik further demonstrated his fence sitting prowess when he took sides with Biafra and wrote the Biafra national anthem at the initial stages when it looked as if Biafra would win Nigeria, but defected to the side of Nigeria when it began to appear Biafra was losing it. And that is why Ojukwu hated him till death. Remember Ojukwu attended Awo's burial but refused to attend Zik's? That should indicate to you that with increasing wisdom afforded him by old age Ojukwu later re-assessed the situation and deduced that Zik was guiltier than Awolowo as far as the disunity of the South was concerned.

The SNG group which pressed for Jonathan's confirmation as acting president was led by Wole Soyinka, Bakare and other Yorubas with a few SS men. No single Igbo man was among the arrowheads even though Lagos was cosmopolitan and therefore had prominent Igbos who could have joined the arrowheads but refused to. Can you mention the name of any Igbo among the arrowheads of SNG?

The truth is that Dora resigned from GEJ's cabinet because GEJ snubbed her in revenge for having always snubbed him during Yaradua days.

I have told you that Gowon's single order which released Awo also released Isaac Boro, Enahoro together with all other political detainees who were not serving jail terms in the Eastern Region. So how come you claim Ojukwu released Awo? Moreover as at when Awo was released Ojukwu and Gowon were not yet in any meaningful level of antagonism to each other as the Aburi Accord which later caused their stand-off had not been held let alone reneged on by Gowon. So Ojukwu was still positively disposed to Gowon and therefore was still at least morally subject to Gowon's authority and could not have held Awo back in detention against Gowon's order. Moreover, Gowon sent a flight to Calabar to pick Awo after his release. Now if Ojukwu had started antagonizing Gowon as of then, then Ojukwu would have simply not allowed Awo ( whom he Ojukwu "released" against Gowon's order) to fly in Gowon's flight thus stealing his (Ojukwu's) glory of "releasing" Awo.

Your discerning spirit is deceiving you. It does not take only a Yoruba person to see realize that Zik caused the subjugation of the South under the North. I guess the Nzeogwu who openly declared his hatred for Zik was a Yoruba? I guess the Emeka Njoku who recently wrote an article in which he decorated Awo and Bello as leaders of Yorubas but rubbished Zik completely is also a Yoruba? I guess Ojukwu himself was Yoruba for hating Zik for the rest of his life?
I defend Awo, not 100% but to a high degree, because of his strong federalist mindset which would have benefited me as a someone from a minority, thus I hate Zik for preaching unitary system disguised as "One Nigeria" and I hate Ironsi for dismantling our federalism" I respect Ahmadu Bello and Balewa for insisting that Nigeria was a mistake. These are the basis that form my disposition towards any of those people of the past.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by Deadlytruth(m): 12:34am On Jun 02, 2016
Ariani:

You gave no superior argument on Awo, a personal and emotional one, yes.
Zik 're aligning with Awo in 1964 was because Zik knew that Awo had no option of sitting on the fence, as Awo's bitter rival Akintola had a already aligned himself to the North in NNA, Awo was a cornered man with only option of forming alliance with the East, so Zik took the opportunity.
It had nothing to do with what you are painting, and it sure didn't change the fact that in 1959, Awo had the options of choosing between the North and South, and was instead sitting on the fence, looking to strike a deal with a perceived likely winner. Zik noticed that and moved fast to snuff Awo out. Awo played the same game when he sat on the fence between Ojukwu and Gowon and in the end joined the likely winning side.

Like I told you, This Awo argument is a no starter.

SNG did nothing. The moment Akunyili was sure that Yaradua was dead, she called the bluff of Turai's kitchen cabinet. Like a typical Igbo, she remained loyal to Yaradua to the end.
By the way, Lagos is a cosmopolitan city, with many Nigerian groups. Perhaps you forgot that the capital of Western region ie Yoruba nation was in Ibadan, can you show me any protests in Ibadan against Yaradua.

GEJ never snobbed Akunyili. It was Akunyili who resigned from her post to compete for elections in Anambra. Since APGA was the reigning party and a close affiliate to PDP centrally, Dora politically calculated that she stood a better chance of clinching victory under APGA than other PDP, too bad it didn't work out for her.

Under the time of discuss, the Eastern region under Ojukwu did not recognize Gowon's powers, Ojukwu insisted on Ogundipe, and with the Northern soldiers resident in the East haven been sent back north with their guns by Ojukwu, I wonder how Gowon orders could have released Awo from Calabar prisons that was guarded by soldiers and police only loyal to Ojukwu without Ojukwu's knowledge.

Yes, Zik is an Anioma son, Onitsha is traditionally an Anioma town, Anioma extends beyond Western Igboland and spilled into Eastern Igboland. Azikiwe was a descendant of the Igbo man Ezechime, the very same man that founded many Communities in Anioma area.
I find it hard to believe that Anioma votes were divided between Awo and Zik.

And yes, you sound every bit like a Yoruba man. I have a discerning spirit, and I can sense that.

In 1964 Awolowo had the option of aligning with the North because Tafawa Balewa had already offered to release him on the condition that he accepts to merge his AG with NPC so as to quieten Igbos once and for all since it was obvious to Balewa that a larger percentage of Yorubas believed more in Awo than Akintola. However, Awolowo declined Balewa's offer thus choosing to remain in prison as a matter of principle. That was perhaps what endeared him to Nzeogwu and co who are said to have planned to release him and make him prime minister while they put Zik's name in the list of those to be killed for hobnobbing with the North.
If Zik did his shameless U-turn because he felt Awolowo was without option then why did the same Zik again abandon the UPGA coalition to take up the president position with the NNA after the badly rigged elections against UPGA? That showed Zik was actually the one sitting on the fence. Zik had always been a chameleon as far back as 1938 when he pulled out of NYM in annoyance over the fact that the Yoruba man he supported lost the election to the Ijaw man Awolowo supported. Zik pulled out of NYM and went back to join the same Herbert Macualay whose ideas and NNDP party the youths (inculuding Zik himself) had earlier on rejected and which they formed the NYM to counter. Also Zik had accepted to officiate at a symposium in 1949 aimed at publicly denouncing colonial rule and pressing for independence. But on the D-day Zik was nowhere to be found. After waiting in vain for him for 2 hours the other youths there took it upon themselves to speak and as expected they were arrested and detained by the colonial authority. However on being interviewed by Journalists the next day Zik declared that those youths who organized that symposium were suffering from youthful exuberance. When Anthony Enahoro, one of the imprisoned youths, regained his freedom and was told of Zik's interview with journalists he stopped being an ally of Zik and crossed to Awo's side, and then wrote a book he titled, "Azikiwe: Sinner or saint". Zik further demonstrated his fence sitting prowess when he took sides with Biafra and wrote the Biafra national anthem at the initial stages when it looked as if Biafra would win Nigeria, but defected to the side of Nigeria when it began to appear Biafra was losing it. And that is why Ojukwu hated him till death. Remember Ojukwu attended Awo's burial but refused to attend Zik's? That should indicate to you that with increasing wisdom afforded him by old age Ojukwu later re-assessed the situation and deduced that Zik was guiltier than Awolowo as far as the disunity of the South was concerned.

The SNG group which pressed for Jonathan's confirmation as acting president was led by Wole Soyinka, Bakare and other Yorubas with a few SS men. No single Igbo man was among the arrowheads even though Lagos was cosmopolitan and therefore had prominent Igbos who could have joined the arrowheads but refused to. Can you mention the name of any Igbo among the arrowheads of SNG?

The truth is that Dora resigned from GEJ's cabinet because GEJ snubbed her in revenge for having always snubbed him during Yaradua days.

I have told you that Gowon's single order which released Awo also released Isaac Boro, Enahoro together with all other political detainees who were not serving jail terms in the Eastern Region. So how come you claim Ojukwu released Awo? Moreover as at when Awo was released Ojukwu and Gowon were not yet in any meaningful level of antagonism to each other as the Aburi Accord which later caused their stand-off had not been held let alone reneged on by Gowon. So Ojukwu was still positively disposed to Gowon and therefore was still at least morally subject to Gowon's authority and could not have held Awo back in detention against Gowon's order. Moreover, Gowon sent a flight to Calabar to pick Awo after his release. Now if Ojukwu had started antagonizing Gowon as of then, then Ojukwu would have simply not allowed Awo ( whom he Ojukwu "released" against Gowon's order) to fly in Gowon's flight thus stealing his (Ojukwu's) glory of "releasing" Awo.

Your discerning spirit is deceiving you. It does not take only a Yoruba person to see realize that Zik caused the subjugation of the South under the North. I guess the Nzeogwu who openly declared his hatred for Zik was a Yoruba? I guess the Emeka Njoku who recently wrote an article in which he decorated Awo and Bello as leaders of Yorubas but rubbished Zik completely is also a Yoruba? I guess Ojukwu himself was Yoruba for hating Zik for the rest of his life?
I defend Awo, not 100% but to a high degree, because of his strong federalist mindset which would have benefited me as a someone from a minority, thus I hate Zik for preaching unitary system disguised as "One Nigeria" and I hate Ironsi for dismantling our federalism" I respect Ahmadu Bello and Balewa for insisting that Nigeria was a mistake. These are the basis that form my disposition towards any of those people of the past.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by coolscott(m): 12:38am On Jun 02, 2016
As a Niger deltan, I am really embarrassed about this.
These people are now looking even more ridiculous than
the biafra agitators.

In fact, the biafran agitators are not always ridiculous.
But these people are criminals who refuse to show a face
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by tollyboy5(m): 3:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
Deadly truth vs ariani last time I check ariani was leading but now table don turn ok hope everything would end at the real truth, I would once again apologize to enahi I'm sorry
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by Enahi(f): 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2016
tollyboy5:
Deadly truth vs ariani last time I check ariani was leading but now table don turn ok hope everything would end at the real truth, I would once again apologize to enahi I'm sorry

You must be a gentleman thank youyou kiss
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by NaWetinDey(m): 5:42am On Jun 04, 2016
Deadlytruth:

Peter Tosh, not lucky Dube.
Thanks for the correction, man.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2016
Funny but thank God I am not a Yoruba
NDRepublic:

Niger Delta will not go to war to get its sovereignty.

How can these same minorities feeding the whole nation get crushed by rag tag undisciplined and corrupt military who run away at the sight of mediocre Boko Haram fighters in Borno. The same Military that cannot venture near the creeks. They claimed they were guarding those pipelines so how did the Militants get there? Because they were not there.

Even your President has seen that he cannot win and tried to bribe us with $10M. This time we know what we want. By the time we finish bleeding this useless contraption called Nigeria, your same president will be forced to call for a Constitutional conference to determine the fate of Nigeria.

May be you will even get your Ewedu/Amala Republic then. Who knows!

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by oyatz(m): 8:48am On Apr 13, 2017
Ignorant fellows like you wrongly assume that oil is confined or can be confined to the Niger delta.
Oil is a free gift from God and its present in EVERY STATE in Nigeria but in varying quantities which can determine their COMMERCIAL EXPLORATION.

With improved technology, almost every country will discover oil and oil won't be expensive in the long run ...read about oil discoveries in Chad, Niger, Cameroon and Ghana.
The price and worth of oil will be very low in the next 25 years.

Enahi:

Lol and the one the one that belongs to Edo State nko?
Thieves!

Truth is Ondo is not meant to have any Oil.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by oyatz(m): 9:03am On Apr 13, 2017
So ARAROMI was part of Delta State in 1908!
And you know the history of the Ilajes more than the Ilajes? What's the meaning of CORE YORUBA because I am just hearing it on Nairaland?

Enahi:

I knew this is what you were going to Come up with.
Now answer my question as at the time the oil was discovered was it actually part of Ondo State or not?

Ole thieves the oil u are reffering to was actually discovered in Delta State, the ijaws in Ondo are actually the owners of the Oil and they are originally from Delta State.

Has your commonsense ever gave you an idea that the Ijaws aren't meant to be in Ondo State?

Even the Ilajes aren't core Yoruba, hope you know that.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by Enahi(f): 9:38am On Apr 13, 2017
oyatz:
And you know the history of the Ilajes more than the Ilajes? What's the meaning of CORE YORUBA because I am just hearing it on Nairaland?

This topic is dead na.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by AbuEzeFemi(m): 11:20am On Apr 13, 2017
today Niger Delta avengers are dead
and Nigeria is still one
forever AbuEzeFemi
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by AbuEzeFemi(m): 11:21am On Apr 13, 2017
tales are not stories my late Father used to tell me

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by ibbobla(m): 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
ibbobla:

Really! You mean u just typed this shit?
There's a slight similarity in the dialect of the Ilajes, Ondo city people, Ile Oluji people, Idanres. And if you meant what you just flawed this post with, it means also, that all these dialects above are not Yorubas. Every Yoruba person is a Yoruboid by nature and right. So, the linguistics composition of a tribe within the S/W should never be hung on the premise of coreness or not. My S/W people are don't discriminate at all.
oyatz:

Really! You mean u just typed this shit?
There's a slight similarity in the dialect of the Ilajes, Ondo city people, Ile Oluji people, Idanres. And if you meant what you just flawed this post with, it means also, that all these dialects above are not Yorubas. Every Yoruba person is a Yoruboid by nature and right. So, the linguistics composition of a tribe within the S/W should never be hung on the premise of coreness or not. My S/W people don't discriminate at all.
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency by Dedetwo(m): 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
This is a very good development. Some fools are getting knowledge after all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

COVID-19: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians / Shiites Kill Usman Umar Belel, Deputy Commissioner Of Police (Photo) / IGP Ibrahim Idris' Transmission Video Was Doctored - Police Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.