Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

Must Car Tires Be Black? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Must Car Tires Be Black? (20762 Views)

FRSC Pulled Me Over Twice Today To Check My Tires / Hw Long Does Your Car Tires Retain Its Air Pressure On Average / How To Take Good Care Of Your Tires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by Moneyyy: 12:38pm On May 28, 2016
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by Aden777(m): 12:47pm On May 28, 2016
kenonze:
Why are women n i p p l e s dark
Baddest babe
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by HedrixxxAb: 1:04pm On May 28, 2016
Its not just a black colour... The black color of tires cums 4rm carbon black... All car tires need 2have dis carbon black so dat dey can meet a minimum conductivity nd heat dissipation capabilities cos black is a gud heat absorber.... U can use other colours too buh it gna darken over time so black is most desirable.
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by DanielGb(m): 1:13pm On May 28, 2016
kenonze:
Black is cool. Nipples are cool in black.
is this you for real at your DP.
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by DanielGb(m): 1:14pm On May 28, 2016
kenonze:
Black is cool. N i p p l e s are cool in black.
is this you for real at your DP.
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 28, 2016
kenonze:
have seen pink ones undecided
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 28, 2016
justicejay:
Why are snow whites.

Stay in school, you no gree. See your life.

grin

1 Like

Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by justicejay(m): 3:39pm On May 28, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Stay in school, you no gree. See your life.
grin
No be your fault? No be you lured me to school 2

1 Like

Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by Coolgent(m): 3:59pm On May 28, 2016
kenonze:
this is to show that some black things are Sweet
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by ray4000(m): 4:14pm On May 28, 2016
CzarRex:
Racism will never end as long as white cars are
still using black tires , racism will never end if
people are still using black to symbolise bad luck
and white for peace, Racism will never end if
people still wear white to weddings and black
to funerals . Racism will never end as long as
those who don"t pay their bills are blacklisted
not white-listed, Racism will never end as long as white coloured phones cost more than black coloured phones e.g BB phones, even when playing snooker you
haven't won until you've sunk the black ball and
white remains on the table but i don't care as
long as i use white toilet paper to clean all
I so much love ur post an the way you end it * I don't care if I use white toilet an white toilet paper*
ugly things i'm fine.
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by deluxez12(m): 4:52pm On May 28, 2016
CzarRex:
black can't clean black
yea.... u ryt we need the white to b cleansed then....so they are above us
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by Laid2001: 5:22pm On May 28, 2016
That is not true joor.
Convince us with the picture of yours!

kenonze:
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 28, 2016
Laid2001:
That is not true joor.
Convince us with the picture of yours!

Pavert.
Prove me wrong with ur Gf own
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by 19naia(m): 5:35pm On May 28, 2016
Its definitley Carbon, but the Vulcanization process was the original rubber enhancing secret which involves heating the rubber and i think it was during that time that rubber first came in contact with carbon from the ashes or soot of the fire and proved to make the rubber stronger ,heat resistant and last longer. People observed that the rubber with carbon deposited by accident during the firey vulcanization process, had better qualities such as resisting heat. Carbon does not burn, so it resists heat well and carbon has very strong bonding such as in Diamonds and Steel.
Sulphur is the other secret ingredient that helps with durable elesticity in Rubber.
Natural untreated/unprocessed rubber decays over a short time and more so in the sun. But when they heat the rubber sufficiently as it is formed (vulcanization) the rubber gains a quality that resists decaying over time. In vulcanization alone,the elasticity is vulnerable where the elastic stretching is able to work the rubber into degradation over time. So Sulphur was discovered to enhance the elasticity and resistance to flex related stress. It toughened the rubber. Vulcanization with Sulphur made a huge difference but the rubber would be easily warped or revulcanized every time it came into contact with heat. Ordinary rubber can be vulcanized with low heat, but when carbon is added during the low heat mixing and vulcanization, the rubber will cure and harden in such a way that when the newly vulcanized rubber is brought again to the same level of heat, it will not respond to that heat. It will require a much higher heat to break down. Carbon is a good heat resistant substance and will not burn.
carbon, vulcanization and sulphur are the key ingredients. But today there are other additives discovered to enhance rubber. This video has a scene at the tire rubber factory that shows a type of Silicate added as well as a special sulphur cocktail that adds other substances to the sulphur for better results.
Here is an extensive video on the history of tire rubber.

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UExZGSliho
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by sultaan(m): 7:01pm On May 28, 2016
Uchemus:
u did integrated science but u lack common sense. wat happens to painting an already made tire white, would it make make d tire less tough?

This is cartalk, and if you own a car you will know how easy it is to keep a car looking good with the whitewall out.

Only classic cars use whitewall tires.

I understand some here do not have science background watching the video will help( I saw that video years ago)

Carbon is also added to Steel. Is Steel black?

Inorganic chemistry explains that the bonding between the elements is different.

The chemistry of tires has changed and what you know as a tire is different from what auto manufacturers are using now.

Some tires cost as much as $200 for passenger cars not the same as the ones most use

1 Like

Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by Badfinga: 8:50pm On May 28, 2016
kenonze:
Its dark to make it more attractive. especially if the babe is light skinned
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by GreatManBee: 9:45pm On May 28, 2016
CzarRex:
Racism will never end as long as white cars are
still using black tires , racism will never end if
people are still using black to symbolise bad luck
and white for peace, Racism will never end if
people still wear white to weddings and black
to funerals . Racism will never end as long as
those who don"t pay their bills are blacklisted
not white-listed, Racism will never end as long as white coloured phones cost more than black coloured phones e.g BB phones, even when playing snooker you
haven't won until you've sunk the black ball and
white remains on the table but i don't care as
long as i use white toilet paper to clean all
ugly things i'm fine.
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by predatorX: 8:25pm On May 29, 2016
ZUBY77:
Carbon used in making the tire darkens it, making it black.
Black tires are cheap. Colored tires exist, but are expensive.
Black doesn't show the dirt and grime picked up on the road as easily as..say, white tires do.
Plus every other colour can be used in road markings.

When you say CARBON, you have to be a lil bit specific. carbon has got nothing to do with the colour brother. Diamond is crystal clear and Graphite is grey in colour, and then there's coal, coke and char, and these are all allotropes of carbon.

Carbon is also an additive in steel and you don't see steel coming in black.

The major reason for blackened tyres is to enable it conduct heat generated by friction due to braking actions between the wheels and rims, and also heat generated due to interactions between the tyres and the road.

What gives rubber that black colour are some certain polymerization and vulcanization processes used to toughen them.
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by sultaan(m): 11:45pm On May 29, 2016
predatorX:

When you say CARBON, you have to be a lil bit specific. carbon has got nothing to do with the colour brother. Diamond is crystal clear and Graphite is grey in colour, and then there's coal, coke and char, and these are all allotropes of carbon.

Carbon is also an additive in steel and you don't see steel coming in black.

The major reason for blackened tyres is to enable it conduct heat generated by friction due to braking actions between the wheels and rims, and also heat generated due to interactions between the tyres and the road.

What gives rubber that black colour are some certain polymerization and vulcanization processes used to toughen them.

Chei and we wonder why there is so much failure now with UME and high school exam, this question never even enter University level.

Biko before anyone here decide to disgrace Nigerians on the web, please look atthe video in the link and learn something from the oyinbo wey dey make the tires.
Re: Must Car Tires Be Black? by ColeworldMD(m): 4:04pm On May 30, 2016
babeface3:
A quote by Robert Mugabe on Racism that racism will never end as long as white cars still use black tires put that question into my mind: "must all vehicle tires be black"?
solved undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accident On Third Mainland Bridge This Morning / Watch:Reason Why You Shouldn't Buy A Lamborghini Murcielago If You're A Big Man / Made-In-Nigeria Vehicles To Sell For N1.2m – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.