Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Access Bank Refund My Money - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Access Bank Refund My Money (8450 Views)

Unity Bank Refund My Money / Aero Contractors Please Refund My Money!!! / UBA Bank Please Refund My Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Refund My Money by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 27, 2016
I tried using Access mobile yesterday to recharge my two lines, it failed. I got an error message that mentioned the host was unreachable.
40mins later I get two debit alert totalling 3k, and my lines were not credited.

I have sent mails to customer care and they replied early this morning that they were looking into the issue, I await their refund.

This has happened before about a few months back I used the *901*number# while trying to recharge, i got errors multiple times and I got debited.
I complained to customer care and the issue was never resolved I lost a lot of cash, but this time I won't accept it.

Access Bank I aint running a charity, refund my money back.

please who else has had a similar experience?
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 27, 2016
boss the only advice I have for you is to go to your nearest bank branch instead of Nairaland.
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by EngrSeries(m): 3:47pm On May 27, 2016
That's why i'd never use quickteller till Jesus comes. I tried recharging with my QuickTeller app which was linked to my Access Bank acct. Its been working out very fine until this fateful night when i needed to subscribe. I Recharged N2500, but came with an error message. I tried again and the same error persist. About 20mins later, N5k was deducted. I called both quickteller and accessbank customer care line. Till date, nothing has been refunded.

My conclusion: Internet banking system in Nigeria still needs perfection. Until then, count me out!
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by assfreaky(m): 3:48pm On May 27, 2016
Next time when you send stuffs like this, always learn to ignore the ussd or whatever other errors. These errors most of the time do not translate to transaction failures. You will only end up making multiple transactions.

What To Do?

When next you make whatever type of transaction there is, ignore the errors and wait for a while to be sure it is really an error. For instance, when transferring money from your bank account into another using your mobile phone, you might encounter an error when in actual fact, the transfer was successful. If you are patient enough for like a minute, you will get a notification from your bank.

The essence of my long post is that errors do not necessarily mean that what you were trying to do was not successful.
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 27, 2016
I have already gotten mails from them, I just need this thread to keep them on their toes hopefully it gets to front page.

There must be countless others who have lost funds through the same channel. it should stop already. Its ludicrously tiring.

olihilistic:
boss the only advice I have for you is to go to your nearest bank branch instead of Nairaland.
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 27, 2016
This is exactly what I thought, its happened to so many folks, and no one gets to hear about it. Not any more.

EngrSeries:
That's why i'd never use quickteller till Jesus comes. I tried recharging with my QuickTeller app which was linked to my Access Bank acct. Its been working out very fine until this fateful night when i needed to subscribe. I Recharged N2500, but came with an error message. I tried again and the same error persist. About 20mins later, N5k was deducted. I called both quickteller and accessbank customer care line. Till date, nothing has been refunded.

My conclusion: Internet banking system in Nigeria still needs perfection. Until then, count me out!
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 27, 2016
I waited for over 5 mins, then I tried again, when I got same error I simply closed the app, but 40 mins later I got the debit alert, and 5 mins after that a second debit alert.

Surely I ought not to wait 45 mins to see if a transaction was truly an error or not.
assfreaky:
Next time when you send stuffs like this, always learn to ignore the ussd or whatever other errors. These errors most of the time do not translate to transaction failures. You will only end up making multiple transactions.

What To Do?

When next you make whatever type of transaction there is, ignore the errors and wait for a while to be sure it is really an error. For instance, when transferring money from your bank account into another using your mobile phone, you might encounter an error when in actual fact, the transfer was successful. If you are patient enough for like a minute, you will get a notification from your bank.

The essence of my long post is that errors do not necessarily mean that what you were trying to do was not successful.
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 27, 2016
Well well well. Access Bank just refunded me. I will stay away from online recharging for now. Thanks for your comments.
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by stanley000: 8:43pm On May 28, 2016
op be calm, from what i know the online banking has been down for 2days now,i even recharged 2k bt didnt deliver n was later refunded to me. I guess with time u get a credit alert
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by charlzbeatz: 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
Absolutely bullshit,this banks can even be conniving with these third party payment agencies,to think of it, how could they possibly not do anything about it,and just let it die down like that, its very annoying,because this happens to million other people every in this country,and somebody somewhere is just stacking up the money!!! people's money.

I tried recharging today via ussd, 300naira airtime ,tried it 3 times ,all error ,only to login to access mobile app,and to -300 (in red colour) which means my account debited for airtime which I dint receive,immediately called customer ,the same story , it will be refunded...

Imagine!!!
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 30, 2017
I transferred from my parents account. 58k from each parent 2 hours ago with instant payment and accessbank refused to credit me. I go just dey use my fidelity Bank they never did this to me before! God punish accessbank
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 30, 2017
Accessbank has ruined my name because they withheld my funds.
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 30, 2017
Closing all accounts and I advice you all to never use accessbank
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by gabbytabby: 12:45pm On May 31, 2019
They have generally been good at least with the airtime then in the space of a week I have had 3 failed transactions 200, 2500 and today 300 and so far only the 200 has been refunded about 5 days later totally ridiculous. A refund should be processed with 24 hours.
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by gabbytabby: 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2019
When people listen and act we should also appreciate them.

Today 3 failed transactions and 2 refunded immediately and the 3rd within 2 hours. Kudos Access Bank the listening Bank.
Re: Access Bank Refund My Money by KennethBen(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2020
It's 2020... Are you now using Internet Banking in Nigeria? grin shocked

EngrSeries:

(1) (Reply)

When Runs Girls Gets To Dubai ( PIC ) / Help...hw Do I Send PM On Nairaland, Wat I See Is E-mail Message / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.