Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch (8609 Views)

Cows Cause Confusion In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / True Life Story: My Ordeal With An Alien/Demon/Witch / Read And Get Wise:Interview With A Self Confessed Occultic Man In Nl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by tonte23(m): 9:44am On Feb 02, 2011
Two weeks after policemen rescued a self-confessed witch from being lynched by a mos at the Gowon Estate in Lagos, the police are at a loss as to what to do with the woman. Deputy Police Public Relations Officer in Lagos, Mr. Samuel Jinadu, told Daily Sun that the woman is still in the custody of the police as none of her relatives has showed up.

To worsen the situation, a dependable police source told Daily Sun that the woman has refused to reveal her identity.
“She has refused to talk to anyone. She is eating but she has refused to communicate with anyone,” the source said.
Daily Sun learnt that the police have been responsible for the treatment and feeding of the mystery woman. The police are also hoping that the mystery woman would not die in their custody, the source added.

“The only thing we know about this woman is that she claimed she is from Obubra in Cross River State. I’m appealing to members of the public searching for their missing ones to check at the Gowon Estate police station,” the source added.
Indeed, Tuesday, January 18, was like a normal working day for the family of Vincent Anamba (not real names). He and his household had returned from their daily duties and retired to their one-storey building on the Gowon Estate in Lagos.

After dinner, they said their usual night prayers and were about retiring to bed when they reportedly heard a loud bang on the roof of their building.
Anamba, whose attention was drawn to the strange noise by his wife, allegedly went outside the house to find out what was happening. Lo and behold, what confronted Anamba was the weird sight of a naked lady chanting incantations on top of his roof.

The businessman, who was shocked and confused, quickly raised the alarm. His neighbours were immediately attracted to the scene. The neighbours, who were as confused as Anamba, later came to terms with what they saw and decided to call in the police.
The police, Daily Sun learnt, did not respond on time. Consequently, the youths of the area became impatient and they started pelting the strange woman with stones, sticks and other objects.
The stranger reportedly became jittery. She reportedly made a desperate attempt to escape, but she fell through the roof, hit the ceiling and finally landed in Anamba’s sitting room.

Few hours later, the police stormed the scene and arrested the naked lady, who is believed to be in her late 30s.
Anamba recounted the strange experience in a chat with Daily Sun. He said: “It was stranger than fiction when I saw the naked woman. I thought I was dreaming but I later realized it was a reality when my wife and other neighbours also saw the same thing I was staring at.”
The woman, Anamba claimed, was chanting incantations, saying that the spirit that was holding her from flying back to Obubra in Cross River State should leave her alone.
A police source who spoke on condition of anonymity said: “When we received a distress call that a strange naked woman was on the roof of a storey building, we could not understand what the caller was insinuating until we arrived at the scene and met a naked, haggard looking lady in a man’s house while the owner of the house and his entire family were outside.”

The police officer revealed that the force was at the crossroads on what to do with the lady. “We don’t believe in magic but preliminary investigation has shown that the woman is not insane, neither is she a member of an armed robbery gang. How the woman climbed the storey building remains a mystery.”
He said the woman was being economical with the truth. “She has continued talking rubbish, saying she was in a spiritual aircraft that crashed. She has refused to reveal her identity. All she has continued to say is that one Vivian sent her to inflict epilepsy on another woman. This is unbelievable. I think the woman is hiding something from us.”

The police however, have combed the entire compound to check if there are other accomplices in the area but all to no avail.
The police became more confused as there was no ladder within the vicinity that would have provided aid to the lady.
Anamba and his wife believe that the woman is actually a witch on an evil mission who met a stronger power that disgraced her.
A pastor, who simply identified himself as Nnamdi said: “After listening to the confession of the woman, I believed her that she was on an evil assignment. She is not mad. She is normal, otherwise she would have revealed her identity.”
Meanwhile, the Gowon Estate police station and Anamba’s house have metamorphosed into tourist spots, with people coming from far and near to catch a glimpse of the mystery woman.

Police Public Relations Officer in Lagos, Mr. Frank Mba, confirmed to our reporter that a woman was actually found naked in the man’s sitting room at the wee hours of Tuesday, January 18.
Mba said: “It is true that such a thing happened but we are trying to unravel the circumstances that led to her being naked in somebody’s house at that unholy hour.”
The police spokesman, however, ruled out the possibility that the woman might be a witch. “What we did was to respond to a distress call and we rescued the woman from being lynched.”
He said the woman was in protective custody of the Force even as he asserted that investigation was on-going.
He also called on members of the public who might know the woman to report to the police.

Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2011
the mans roof turned to emergency tarmac for crah landing
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by symbianDON(m): 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2011
must ve been an alien spaceship that crashlanded from outer space. she is an alien from another civilisation sent to observe voters registration in nigeria grin
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2011
So, there isn't ONE person that can suggest getting the woman some much needed psychiatric help?

The youths that are supposed to be modern are the ones pelting her with stones? This isn't the middle ages black people, it 2011, get the poor woman some help!!!

Police claiming they don't believe in magic but won't take her to the hospital!
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Orikinla(m): 1:23pm On Feb 02, 2011
Witches are real and I have met self-confessed witches from Akwa Ibom. But the Police should send this witch to the nearest true apostolic church for deliverance.
She is still in bondage.
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2011
Orikinla:

Witches are real and I have met self-confessed witches from Akwa Ibom. But the Police should send this witch to the nearest true apostolic church for deliverance.
She is still in bondage.

You must be one of those good old Christians murdering children in the name of your invisible Jewish friend. You are the one that needs deliverance from ignorance.
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by snthesis(m): 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2011
interesting- i recall sumtin similar happening in a church sum time ago
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by victorazy(m): 1:33pm On Feb 02, 2011
Black man witch no dey try at all, dey no dey help us. Why cant dey teach this woman how to, the source and principle of that aircraft that disappointed her so that we can start producing our own aircraft here in Nigeria or how we can fly to Ghana without aeroplane.
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by johnjoel(m): 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2011
she look canivorious vampire,she is a small witch
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by hildaa(f): 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2011
nemesis
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by mafolayomi(f): 2:29pm On Feb 02, 2011
lolllllllllllllllll. witch ko witch ni, somebody that is not feeling fine undecided
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Ty207: 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
cause of crash*
I guess her fuel finish on the way.lol
Next time she should try n use fuelless aircraft and also enrol herself in aviation school of witchcraftology grin
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2011
mafolayomi:

lolllllllllllllllll. witch ko witch ni, somebody that is not feeling fine undecided
LWKMD grin
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Solozzo(m): 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2011
it is most likely this woman is suffering from a chronic psychotic disorder and that her confessions are most likely to be delusional in nature. I would recommend that the police take her to a psychiatric hospital for assessment and treatment. The only problem may be the issue of cost of treatment but there might be some funding from some philanthropic organisation linked to the psychiatric hospital
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by princepee: 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2011
i believe she is a witch, or can any explain how she got to the roof of the house? shocked
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Ultrame(m): 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
symbianDON:

must ve been an alien spaceship that crashlanded from outer space. she is an alien from another civilisation sent to observe voters registration in nigeria grin

LWKM!!! Guy u no well at all!
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by sealworld(m): 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2011
The problem with this country is that we can not generate internal revenue. it is high time that Witches and Wizard start paying tax and vat. imagine the woman flying for free.

in fact what is the police doing about this?  offenses are as follows:

1. flying on an unregistered airline.
2. no airport license.
3. was she on an international route? if yes, where is here passport/visa
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Ultrame(m): 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2011
sealworld:

The problem with this country is that we can not generate internal revenue. it is high time that Witches and Wizard start paying tax and vat. imagine the woman flying for free.

in fact what is the police doing about this? offenses are as follows:

2. no airport license.

ROFL!!! u forgot to ask for the receipt for the aircraft.
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by ndcide(m): 3:34pm On Feb 02, 2011
those saying take her to the hospital should wait a mlnute. How did the lady find herself falling 4rm the sky to the roof of a story building and landing in the room of another man. How? Scientist or winches, oya xplan!
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2011
Martian:

So, there isn't ONE person that can suggest getting the woman some much needed psychiatric help?

The youths that are supposed to be modern are the ones pelting her with stones? This isn't the middle ages black people, it 2011, get the poor woman some help!!!

Police claiming they don't believe in magic but won't take her to the hospital!

why try to act civil, u met a woman on top of ur ZINC without ladder and u r saying psychia n youth pelting her was bad, are u 4 real?
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by chi3280(m): 3:39pm On Feb 02, 2011
aircraft or witchcraft all na flying in the sky.i think that woman deserves some koboko.why should she be fed?she should starve until hunger will make her to disclose her true identity period.
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by chi3280(m): 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2011
aircraft or witchcraft all na flying in the sky.i think that woman deserves some koboko.why should she be fed?she should starve until hunger will make her to disclose her true identity period.
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by samolina1(m): 3:45pm On Feb 02, 2011
Witch? Hmmm, ,, ,
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 02, 2011
lancaster:

why try to act civil, u met a woman on top of your ZINC without ladder and u r saying psychia n youth pelting her was bad, are u 4 real?
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Why try to act civil? Because people in civilized societies don't act like barbarians and pelt people with stones and sticks.

Maybe they should have set her on fire. I'll bet you would like that.
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by MeGaStReEt: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2011
this woman should be taken to the nearest hospital, she needs help
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by ezeagu(m): 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2011
tonte23:

She has continued talking rubbish, saying she was in a spiritual aircraft that crashed

Ey, see witches engineering fully Nigerian made air crafts and the air force just ignores this. Fully wasted talent. *Add the term to the Nigerian dictionary*

Orikinla:

She is still in bondage.

Why are all the witches in Nigeria from Cross River or Akwa Ibom? Maybe the air force base should be moved there.
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by lokya(f): 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2011
PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in fact what is the police doing about this? offenses are as follows:

2. no airport license.

grin grin[ grin grin
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Bright2(m): 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2011
she is still operating with ADC airline that was why Holy fire decended on her. grin
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by Outstrip(f): 5:06pm On Feb 02, 2011
This is so sad. People are so freaking ignorant and the Nigerian police is the worst of the lot. Take this woman to a psychiatric hospital. She obviously has a mental problem. This is so sad and embarrassing. Nigerians should be ashamed that a sick person is suffering and everybody thinks it's a show. That is how people saw a beached whale at the beach in Lagos and claimed that it was a sign of the end times. Get treatment for this woman. With proper medication she can leave a normal life.
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by mmuoado(m): 5:22pm On Feb 02, 2011
instead of developing ourselves,we are dehumanizing ourselves.what a story at this age !!!!!!!!!! sad,really sad
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by clickgold(m): 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2011
sealworld:

in fact what is the police doing about this?  offenses are as follows:

2. no airport license.

guy, you no well, lol
Re: Confusion Over Self-confessed Witch by snowdrops(m): 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2011
abi na bellview she fly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WWE Wrestling / I Won 800k( In A Month) In Bet9ja You Can Win Also With These Trick / Famous Brazilian Butt Model Is Now Rotting From Botched Thigh Injections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.