Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers (4684 Views)

Update On Exercise Crocodile Smile II In The South West And Niger Delta / Jonathan And Niger Delta Governors used oil money as pocket money: Masari / Buhari And Niger-Delta Dialogue Team Meet + What PMB Told Them - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:05pm On May 28, 2016
Dear Seun,

The unfortunate development in parts of Niger Delta region that has seen the irresponsible destruction of public and private facilities by a misguided group claiming to be Niger Delta Avengers has seen a few people calling for a modification of your infamous Rule 9. Specifically, promoters of this call have been asking you to censor anything related to NDA and their self resolve for a sovereign state, just like you did the Indigenous People of Biafra(IPOB) and their secession demand.

Though a Niger Deltan and an advocate of Niger Delta emancipation, I join many others from the Niger Delta and across Nigeria to condemn the economic terrorism and carnage perpetrated by the faceless NDA. I've never believed in self-destructive and suicidal ways to address a problem.

I believe it is also appropriate to state my position on the censor call. A position I believe is human, legitimate, and appropriate.

1. Recall that about few days after you enacted the 'infamous' Rule 9, I stated in my disagreement thread that..
It will be more appropriate for the moderators to take down content by agitators of Biafra that promotes hate, violence and support arson. However, they deserve the right to be expressive( as long as they express themselves in a civil manner).

I still stand by the position that you instruct your moderators to take down content, posts, tweets and comments including from popular news outlet that promotes the violent act and economic terrorism of the NDA. ****

2. Nairaland like Palmchat, Twitter etc is a platform that offer everyone the chance to air their views on issues and contribute to National development. The issue of the Niger Delta, like other agitation should not be swept away like a non issue. I believe Nairaland should offer political discussants the platform to discuss these issues and see how a consensus can be achieved to attain development and peace in our country.

We owe our dear country and humanity a great responsibility as a group and as individuals. Posterity shall never be kind to us if we abuse the privilege and opportunity that the Almighty has bestowed upon us.

God Bless You
God Bless Us All
God Bless Nigeria

23 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by SUPERPACK: 2:06pm On May 28, 2016
always wailing

9 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by Dcomrade(m): 2:07pm On May 28, 2016
DHQ
Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by ruggedboy01: 2:07pm On May 28, 2016
U have spoken well

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by Dcomrade(m): 2:10pm On May 28, 2016
SUPERPACK:
always wailing
I bet you didn't read it. grin

11 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by searchng4love: 2:11pm On May 28, 2016
Another senseless sermon

7 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by greatgod2012(f): 2:11pm On May 28, 2016
The issue of NDA is like a child who wants to get at his parents and he decides to break his hand or leg, though, the parents will be disturbed, but he too will partake of the pains.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by PRYCE(m): 2:11pm On May 28, 2016
Reading with That Name 'Omenka' on my mind grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by todayboy: 2:12pm On May 28, 2016
I think seun should also ban all those who is asking buhari to use army to attack Niger delta

Abacha killed sari wiwa it did not stop the struggle

Let put pressure to address the needs than useless post like this

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by searchng4love: 2:12pm On May 28, 2016
Dcomrade:

I bet yi didn't read it. grin
The op doesn't need to be read he's always wailing with one track mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by Jirate(m): 2:14pm On May 28, 2016
I still stand by the position that you instruct your moderators to take down content, posts, tweets and comments including from popular news outlet that promotes the violent act and economic terrorism of the NDA. However, supporters of call for the emancipation of Niger Delta, and those calling for an independent Niger Delta State should not be censored or bullied.

Tonye.., e be like say na MEND You dey, What is the Difference between MEND and NDA?.
Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:15pm On May 28, 2016
greatgod2012:
The issue of NDA is like a child who wants to get at his parents and he decides to break his hand or leg, though, the parents will be disturbed, but he too will partake of the pains.
Yes... But no sane parents will kill the child in order to be free of the trouble. Instead, the parents would address the issues that made the child act the way he did while scolding the child for hurting himself.

15 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by searchng4love: 2:15pm On May 28, 2016
greatgod2012:
Rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by papparatzzi2013: 2:15pm On May 28, 2016

Seun this is the time for you to censor NDA. Let their promoters and fans club create their forum for such criminal activities, rather than using your creativity to propagate their crimes and terrorist acts.

Some loud mouthed Red Mudsters tried it last year, swearing never to come back to NL, they failed woefully. They are all back.

IMpose sanity by preventing criminals from using NL as a propaganda tool for their crimes. They are criminals and that is who they are.

They will either be brought to justice or justice will be brought to them, either way. It is only a matter of time. They should ask Ojukwu and Shekau's bandits.

19 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by Dcomrade(m): 2:15pm On May 28, 2016
todayboy:
I think seun should also ban all those who is asking Jonathan Buhari to use army to attack Niger delta

Fixed....I know it's a mistake.
Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by modath(f): 2:17pm On May 28, 2016
Violence is never the answer...

The people instigating and sponsoring this drama all have their immediate families far far away from the "battle field" , wish they will just get sense!!

2 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by Mcowubaba: 2:18pm On May 28, 2016
President Buhari is working towards creating more division in the Country than Uniting it....

That his infamous remarks of 97%, 5%...

14 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 28, 2016
the owner of this site and moderators should let people air their views,whether for or against Biafra or Niger Delta avengers,what effect will censorship on Nairaland have on real life events.
nairaland opened my eyes to the hatred some Jews have against my tribe,blaming Yoruba for every obvious failure perpetrated by themselves.
we can't keep pretending all is well,with the way tribalism is blossoming in Nigeria it will be a matter of time and nairaland won't be able to do a thing about it.

7 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:19pm On May 28, 2016
Jirate:

Tonye.., e be like say na MEND You dey?, What is the Difference between MEND and NDA?.
I'm neither a fan of those groups. I'm always for non violent agitation, which I believe will save everyone unnecessary death and trouble. Beside, violent agitation have always been counterproductive

2 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 2:19pm On May 28, 2016
i don't give a damn about what goes on here, but seun should talk to mynd44 never to be used by omenka to bully anyone on nairaland. seun owns nairaland and not omenka undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 28, 2016
Mr. Man, stop sitting on the fence. Pick a side and let's know where you belong.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 28, 2016
i admire you Tonye as a brother from Niger Delta, but this thread is disappointing, especially coming from an IJAW son

9 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 28, 2016
I think you are on point..... but be prepared for the attacks!
grin
Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by ireneony(f): 2:40pm On May 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista I'm really disappointed in ur analysis undecided

10 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by SaiNigeria: 2:56pm On May 28, 2016
todayboy:
I think seun should also ban all those who is asking buhari to use army to attack Niger delta

Let them wallow in their ignorance

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun, Of Nairaland And Niger Delta Avengers by EazyMoh(m): 2:56pm On May 28, 2016
You cannot separate Ipods with violent antecedents, not when Kanu is their idol. The avengers itself looks more like ipod than true Niger Delta agitation, because they deny any means of entrities to see them reason. And the release of Kanu is top of their demands.
Good write-up though.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Again Aisha Buhari Cancels Planned Visit To U.S / Breaking! President Buhari Arrives Nigeria - Sahara Reporters (pictures) / South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.