Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,221 members, 7,811,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election (4686 Views)

Egypt To Assist Nigeria In Preserving Looted Benin Artefacts / Insecurity: Zambia Ready To Assist Nigeria, Says Envoy / Obiora Okonkwo: Russia Ready To Assist Nigeria Revamp Ajaokuta Steel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by zhike: 11:19am On Feb 19, 2019
South African government said is willing to assist Nigeria to have successful election. they also said they send the IEC delegates to Nigeria to be election observers. They also said if Nigeria need security assistants, they are willing to assist Nigeria with their Military personnel and their super military equipment.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by TMKsouth: 2:22am On Feb 20, 2019
zhike:
South African government said is willing to assist Nigeria to have successful election. they also said they send the IEC delegates to Nigeria to be election observers. They also said if Nigeria need security assistants, they are willing to assist Nigeria with their Military personnel and their super military equipment.

LOLZ! grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by slivertongue: 2:58am On Feb 20, 2019
Nigeria is a disgrace to humanity

1 Like

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by yerokunphilips: 3:11am On Feb 20, 2019
slivertongue:
Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by princemillla(m): 4:25am On Feb 20, 2019
zhike:

Come this is mockery. Don't be misguided. This is not right. Southy can't do that, they can send observers but sending military support for what na

I disbelieve in your source less story tongue

1 Like

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by justtoodark: 7:10am On Feb 20, 2019
zhike:

what the hell is super military equipment....??

1 Like

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by Gryffindor09(m): 7:39am On Feb 20, 2019
they will also send Ethan hunt, Jack boawa, James bond, Jackie Chan, Agent Scolly, Optimus Prime and the wakanda military.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by faithfull18(f): 7:42am On Feb 20, 2019
Chai, can you imagine Giant of Africa indeed.
Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by aregal: 8:47am On Feb 20, 2019
Source?
Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 20, 2019
This must be a joke of some kind.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by zhike: 9:09am On Feb 20, 2019
princemillla:

Come this is mockery. Don't be misguided. This is not right. Southy can't do that, they can send observers but sending military support for what na

I disbelieve in your source less story tongue

They did sent election observers indeed. according to SABC election in Nigeria were postponed because of security issues. therefore South African government said they are willing to assist Nigeria by providing more security. They even said the reason they did not assist Nigeria to fight BOkoharam is because Nigeria never asked for assistance. Even now they are saying they can only provide assistance if Nigeria can ask for it.
Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by zhike: 10:14am On Feb 20, 2019
aregal:
Source?

It was said by Minister of Foreign affairs Ms Lindiwe Sisulu on the interview with SABC.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by zhike: 10:42am On Feb 20, 2019
South Africa military are operating in more than 20 countries in Africa, what could stop them to operate in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by TMKsouth: 11:33am On Feb 20, 2019
zhike:

They did sent election observers indeed. according to SABC election in Nigeria were postponed because of security issues. therefore South African government said they are willing to assist Nigeria by providing more security. They even said the reason they did not assist Nigeria to fight BOkoharam is because Nigeria never asked for assistance. Even now they are saying they can only provide assistance if Nigeria can ask for it.

Synagogue: South Africa Receives Corpses…shuns Nigerian Facilities - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/1999438/synagogue-south-africa-receives-corpses...shuns

The South African team, including military personnel, forensic experts and pathologists were said to have arrived in Nigeria around midnight and headed for the two general hospitals to identify and repatriate the bodies of their compatriots.

“We knew the South African team would arrive today. They came in around midnight. They came with their military, forensic and autopsy personnel. There’s been cooperation between us and the South African team. They arrived here at 4am. We started by identifying the bodies and setting up tents and other things. By 6am we started picking each body, decontaminating them further and bagging them — all these were done by the South African team.”

The South Africans, who arrived the country in two aircraft, shunned local facilities and items. They came with four forensic pathology trucks, generators, water, buses, pick-up vehicles and other items.

Reacting on the equipment brought into the country by the experts, Obafunwa took a swipe at the Federal Government for its inability to make provisions for forensic science laboratories across the country, the lack of which, he said, had often led to mass burial of dead victims of major disasters in Nigeria.

He said, “Nothing is too much to spend on identifying victims of disasters, taking care of the dead through forensic pathology services. (Look at what the South Africans have demonstrated to ussmiley one vehicle for each of their provinces, and the population is so small; should there be a mass disaster in a particular area that requires three or four of these trucks, they will be mobilised from other provinces to that place. Nigeria needs a functional forensic science laboratory. And why is this too difficult for the FG to establish? We don’t have a single functional forensic science laboratory in this country.

“You can imagine if Lagos government had not embarked on this kind of thing, all these bodies would have been given mass burial. Today, we can safely say to South Africans, ‘Come and collect your bodies because we’ve identified them. We’ve been working hand in hand with them in the area of finger-printing, Deoxyribonucleic acid analysis; we have to give credit to them as well. When we talk about Nigeria being the giant of Africa, I think we are just fooling ourselves.”

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by BuhariAdvocate: 11:48am On Feb 20, 2019
slivertongue:
yes that is what PDP ridicule Nigeria to.we should thank President Mahmoud buhari.on his effort to make Nigeria relevant in the globe.
Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by PowerpuffGirlz: 12:03pm On Feb 20, 2019
TMKsouth:

Synagogue: South Africa Receives Corpses…shuns Nigerian Facilities - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/1999438/synagogue-south-africa-receives-corpses...shuns

The South African team, including military personnel, forensic experts and pathologists were said to have arrived in Nigeria around midnight and headed for the two general hospitals to identify and repatriate the bodies of their compatriots.

“We knew the South African team would arrive today. They came in around midnight. They came with their military, forensic and autopsy personnel. There’s been cooperation between us and the South African team. They arrived here at 4am. We started by identifying the bodies and setting up tents and other things. By 6am we started picking each body, decontaminating them further and bagging them — all these were done by the South African team.”

The South Africans, who arrived the country in two aircraft, shunned local facilities and items. They came with four forensic pathology trucks, generators, water, buses, pick-up vehicles and other items.

Reacting on the equipment brought into the country by the experts, Obafunwa took a swipe at the Federal Government for its inability to make provisions for forensic science laboratories across the country, the lack of which, he said, had often led to mass burial of dead victims of major disasters in Nigeria.

He said, “Nothing is too much to spend on identifying victims of disasters, taking care of the dead through forensic pathology services. (Look at what the South Africans have demonstrated to ussmiley one vehicle for each of their provinces, and the population is so small; should there be a mass disaster in a particular area that requires three or four of these trucks, they will be mobilised from other provinces to that place. Nigeria needs a functional forensic science laboratory. And why is this too difficult for the FG to establish? We don’t have a single functional forensic science laboratory in this country.

“You can imagine if Lagos government had not embarked on this kind of thing, all these bodies would have been given mass burial. Today, we can safely say to South Africans, ‘Come and collect your bodies because we’ve identified them. We’ve been working hand in hand with them in the area of finger-printing, Deoxyribonucleic acid analysis; we have to give credit to them as well. When we talk about Nigeria being the giant of Africa, I think we are just fooling ourselves.”

This was a very sad time in South Africa when Nigeria was lying and underestimating the extent of the church disaster while our bodies were rotting away

1 Like

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by SillySeason: 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
TMKsouth:

That's how superpowers act cool self reliance. I'm sure we were begging them to give us some of their water for a drink grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by justtoodark: 1:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
PowerpuffGirlz:

This was a very sad time in South Africa when Nigeria was lying and underestimating the extent of the church disaster while our bodies were rotting away

i remember,how they tried to play it down....sooo miserable....

i dont think much of churches anyways....

the day i witnessed nigerians makin their drugs deals in a church in europe,that was the day i gave up on christianity churches....

i was baffled and confused....drugdealers in the congregation....no way....!!

am out....!!

am still christian though,but i dont go to churches no more....

1 Like

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by PowerpuffGirlz: 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
justtoodark:

i remember,how they tried to play it down....sooo miserable....

i dont think much of churches anyways....

the day i witnessed nigerians makin their drugs deals in a church in europe,that was the day i gave up on christianity churches....

i was baffled and confused....drugdealers in the congregation....no way....!!

am out....!!

am still christian though,but i dont go to churches no more....

@bolded
Same thing happens in SA. Nigerians and their churches are regarded as dubious (unfortunately).

I also believe in God but not mandatory church attendance. Infact last I was in church was for a funeral.
Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by justtoodark: 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2019
PowerpuffGirlz:

@bolded
Same thing happens in SA. Nigerians and their churches are regarded as dubious (unfortunately).

I also believe in God but not mandatory church attendance. Infact last I was in church was for a funeral.

bros,i understand that man must survive,but no limits no more...??

no thank you....i want no part of that....christianity failed the ol africa....

btw....am a nigerian myself....sooo,dont think all nigerians agree on how many of us behave....

our leadership failed us....nigerian churches failed us....christianity is a religion of devils and vultures....
Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by zhike: 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
TMKsouth:

Thanks very much for writing this statement, I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by zhike: 5:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
As President Ramaphosa said subsahara Africa needs Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa to be united in order for it to progress. he also said we must not compete, we must share the skills and learn from each other. Am surprised to learn that some of the Nigerians want to compare South Africa with Nigeria, is like comparing an elephant and a goat.
Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by SillySeason: 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
zhike:
As President Ramaphosa said subsahara Africa needs Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa to be united in order for it to progress. he also said we must not compete, we must share the skills and learn from each other. Am surprised to learn that some of the Nigerians want to compare South Africa with Nigeria, is like comparing an elephant and a goat.

Who's the goat? grin grin
Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by zhike: 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
I stayed in Europe for some time, what I can tell you is that all eastern Europe countries are behind South Africa in terms of Infrastructure, standard of living and development. most of west european countries like france, spain, portugal, Italy are also behind South Africa. The only problem with South Africa they opened borders to other african countries, those people comes to South Africa and build squatter camps. some of them turn to be thieves. the reason south africa is so developed is because the boers built it, and boers never thought that blacks will own it. after 1994 ANC did not chase the boers but they asked them to assist in running the country. Now blacks gained experience and they are running their country. they are able to create good investment environment.
Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by zhike: 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
SillySeason:

Who's the goat? grin grin

in this case goat is Nigeria.
Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by globemoney: 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
zhike:
South Africa military are operating in more than 20 countries in Africa, what could stop them to operate in Nigeria?
The same SA that kills our people with xenophobia. They should better remain in their country
Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by TMKsouth: 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
globemoney:

The same SA that kills our people with xenophobia. They should better remain in their country

Nigerians kill South Africans with drugs and prostitution through related violence, crimes and STDs. So we're even.

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by globemoney: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
TMKsouth:

Nigerians kill South Africans with drugs and prostitution through related violence, crimes and STDs. So we're even.
So South Africans don’t push drugs, prostitution and other related crimes? If I’m president I’ll expel anything South Africa from Nigeria including your embassy. Parasites

1 Like

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by TMKsouth: 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
globemoney:

So South Africans don’t push drugs, prostitution and other related crimes? If I’m president I’ll expel anything South Africa from Nigeria including your embassy. Parasites

U should read up on the size of the Nigerian drug operations throughout the world then u'll stop making excuses. The entire globe associates u with bad things so fix that b4 closing down any embassies.

BTW, Nigeria needs SA more than we need u, we buy FAR more from u than u buy from us (mostly oil coz that's all u good at). Cut ties and u'll be left with one huge gaping hole in your budget worth billions of dollars Mr lame President.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by globemoney: 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
TMKsouth:

U should read up on the size of the Nigerian drug operations throughout the world then u'll stop making excuses. The entire globe associates u with bad things so fix that b4 closing down any embassies.

BTW, Nigeria needs SA more than we need u, we buy FAR more from u than u buy from us (mostly oil coz that's all u good at). Cut ties and u'll be left with one huge gaping hole in your budget worth billions of dollars Mr President.
So Nigeria is the highest drug dealers in the work? You are talking as Nigeria is associated with drug dealing like South Africa is associated with HIV.

MTN, Shoprite, DSTV are parasites to Nigerian economy, if I happen to be president I’ll chase them out of Nigeria and that will lead to the death of the entire SA economy. I will make sure I chase all you ungrateful Africans including Ghana out of Nigeria. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by TMKsouth: 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
globemoney:

So Nigeria is the highest drug dealers in the work? You are talking as Nigeria is associated with drug dealing like South Africa is associated with HIV.

MTN, Shoprite, DSTV are parasites to Nigerian economy, if I happen to be president I’ll chase them out of Nigeria and that will lead to the death of the entire SA economy. I will make sure I chase all you ungrateful Africans including Ghana out of Nigeria. Nonsense

U think SA economy lacks depths and diversity like yours. Firstly, these 3 companies u mentioned account for less than 2℅ of our revenues. Secondly and most importantly (don't u forget it) these companies did very well way b4 they invested in Nigeria, and will continue to do after they leave. Vodacom (MTNs biggest rival) did just that and is still swimming in dollar signs.

On the hiv bit, check out which country has the highest number of HIV positive newborn babies in the whole wide world (2019 stats) and weep. And yes, it's Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: South Africa Govt Willing To Assist Nigeria To Have Successful Election by globemoney: 8:28pm On Feb 20, 2019
TMKsouth:

U think SA economy lacks depths and diversity like yours. Firstly, these 3 companies u mentioned account for less than 2℅ of our revenues. Secondly and most importantly (don't u forget it) these companies did very well way b4 they invested in Nigeria, and will continue to do after they leave. Vodacom (MTNs biggest rival) did just that and is still swimming in dollar signs.

On the hiv bit, check out which country has the highest number of HIV positive newborn babies in the whole wide world (2019 stats) and weep. And yes, it's Nigeria.
Stop talking thrash like the average dum SAfrican. SA is synonymous with HIV globally. We are still in February 2019 and your already manufacturing 2019 stats from your anus.

I don’t care what you say, I wish our leaders could shut down all these SA owned companies in Nigeria. You feed from us and go about killing our people in your country. Without Nigeria you would still have been fighting apathied by now.. ungrateful azz Africans. I even wonder what your doing in Nigeria forum

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You Not Ashamed That We Are Here. / Two Senators In IMO States Dumps PDP Joins Labour Party / I Fear For Babajide Sanwo Olu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.