Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (617199 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2010
yjay:

im curious FL, which of their products did u buy
Perfectly Real Compact Makeup
Perfectly Real Liquid foundation

For this two, I'd suggest you go to the Clinique dept. at the mall to get the right shade.
Go to the one by Belks, right now they giving away a bonus gift bag containing some other makeups and face moisturizer for free.

Clinique Clarifying lotion to exfoliate your skin, and balance oil control [So far, I'm loving it]
[For concealer, try Mac, really good tho]  Anything else from MAC, no, they're just hyped up. Their company sucks jare. But their brushes last lol
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by shilling(f): 1:07am On Mar 07, 2010
^ ^
Clinique ROCKS!!!!!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by nanidee(f): 9:35pm On Mar 07, 2010
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE AND STILL LOVING THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

madmax, yjay, platinumnk, browncocos, spikecylinder and y'all are just da bomb!!! You all rock.

Now, that being said, please anyone in the house who can tell me where to get olay regenerist in lagos? That'll be highly appreciated. Thanks sistas, love ya all, mwaaaaaaaaahhhhhh kiss kiss kiss
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 12:02am On Mar 10, 2010
Oh hey lol. No idea. Isn't there some large mega-mall near the Lekki area with tons of shops? Shoprite? There ought to be a quality beauty store there.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 9:43am On Mar 10, 2010
nanidee:

madmax, yjay, platinumnk, browncocos, spikecylinder and y'all are just da bomb!!! You all rock.

Now, that being said, please anyone in the house who can tell me where to get olay regenerist in lagos? That'll be highly appreciated. Thanks sistas, love ya all, mwaaaaaaaaahhhhhh kiss  kiss  kiss

Kudi's store always have Olay Regenerist. At least they always have it stocked in their store close to where I live.
Or try Yinka Bodyline on Awolowo Road in Ikoyi. Be ready to pay 3 times the original price though. tongue
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by nanidee(f): 11:51am On Mar 10, 2010
@ madmax, thanx, i didnt think of it

@ spikecylinder, i've been checking the kudi store around my area, too, but they said they dont have it, so maybe i'll check out thieir store in lagos island. Thanx a lot, kiss
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 9:11am On Mar 11, 2010
@nanidee, someone did say here that her friend bought it at alade for N8000, plus i dont think kudi sells original products,,,,
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by nanidee(f): 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2010
cry aww, and i thought she brings in her stuff directly from the source shocked shocked. Thanks dear. smiley
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2010
nanidee:

cry aww, and i thought she brings in her stuff directly from the source  shocked shocked. Thanks dear.   smiley

she definitely brings her stuff herself but where she gets it from is wat i question, im sure its neither the US nor the UK even Canada, just buy any product from her shop & buy the same product from the UK or US & come give me your verdict!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by mitchyy(f): 7:12pm On Mar 11, 2010
Hi babes,am dark skinned with normal skin.just got a moisturizer "Olay complete all day moisture lotion with spf 15".
Just wanna give it a trial.but i need ur honest opinions on how effective it is or if i should get something else.please babes.
Thanks.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 8:47am On Mar 12, 2010
[quote author=nanidee link=topic=313268.msg5645274#msg5645274 date=1267994123]

Now, that being said, please anyone in the house who can tell me where to get olay regenerist in lagos? That'll be highly appreciated. Thanks sistas, love ya all, mwaaaaaaaaahhhhhh kiss  kiss  kiss
[quote][/quote]
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 9:20am On Mar 12, 2010
I've never had problems with any product I get from Kudis and I'm sure she gets her stuff from the US. I know because her daughter is a friend of mine.

@ nanidee, where is your area? I ask because Kudi has only 3 shops in Lagos - one at the trade fair, one in Lagos Island and the last one close to where I live.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 11:07am On Mar 12, 2010
spikedcylinder:

[color=#550000]I've never had problems with any product I get from Kudis and I'm sure she gets her stuff from the US. I know because her daughter is a friend of mine.

well i strongly stand by wat i ve said, theres a huge difference with products from her shop & from the states, i hope u are also aware that all the boys that used to sell at tejuosho before it got burnt buy from her at aspanda lipsrsealed
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 11:13am On Mar 12, 2010
mitchyy:

Hi babes,am dark skinned with normal skin.just got a moisturizer "Olay complete all day moisture lotion with spf 15".
Just wanna give it a trial.but i need your honest opinions on how effective it is or if i should get something else.please babes.
Thanks.

hey mitchy, im currently using the same moisturizer,,,,its been around for a while & pple have said pleasant things abt it, u really cant go wrong with olay, im more particular abt ingredients list of products in general & this particular moisturizer is packed with vitamins & antioxidants which is A PLUS PLUS wink i will say lets give it like a mth or so then comment on it, so far so good im loving it though
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by tubabie(f): 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2010
Hi gals, I know vitamin E is superb for the skin but each time I try to use any cream that contains it I break out in rashes on my face sad
I cant keep avoiding this vitamin cos I think am missing alot and there's hardly any good cream/beauty regime out there that does not contain it. . . . . what do I do?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 2:20pm On Mar 12, 2010
perhaps u apply too much of it?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by nanidee(f): 2:23pm On Mar 12, 2010
@  spike cylinder, d store im talking about is on ----- way, in a plaza

@ browncocos, i've sent u a mail.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2010
tubabie:

Hi gals, I know vitamin E is superb for the skin but each time I try to use any cream that contains it I break out in rashes on my face sad
I cant keep avoiding this vitamin cos I think am missing alot and there's hardly any good cream/beauty regime out there that does not contain it. . . . . what do I do?

Are. If your skin can't stand the stuff, stop tormenting the poor thing na. What does Vitamin E do for the skin exactly? Skin cells are dead, remember? Why must it take its vitamins- to grow big and strong? Antioxidants work best from the inside. Eat foods containing those or take supplements. Honestly, never mind all the extravagant claims cosmetic merchants make for their products. There are few things with demonstrable benefits for the skin, and by far the most effective are got from your diet. Drinks tons of water, protect your skin from the sun, and eats lots of fruits and as much vegetables as you can stand several times a week, and see what that does for your skin in a few months. The costliest moisturisers can't rival it.  

browncocos! Lol, are you selling market? Kukuma do am well na. Mebbe you should have a tiny centre where ladies can buy everything they need instead scouring the earth for it.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by tubabie(f): 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2010
yjay:

perhaps u apply too much of it?
Nah, not too much, the smallest quantity brings an instant reaction

Mad_Max:

Are. If your skin can't stand the stuff, stop tormenting the poor thing na. What does Vitamin E do for the skin exactly? Skin cells are dead, remember? Why must it take its vitamins- to grow big and strong? Antioxidants work best from the inside. Eat foods containing those or take supplements. Honestly, never mind all the extravagant claims cosmetic merchants make for their products. There are few things with demonstrable benefits for the skin, and by far the most effective are got from your diet. Drinks tons of water, protect your skin from the sun, and eats lots of fruits and as much vegetables as you can stand several times a week, and see what that does for your skin in a few months. The costliest moisturisers can't rival it.  

Thanks babes, will continue doing this then wink
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2010
tubabie:

Nah, not too much, the smallest quantity brings an instant reaction

k! ve u tried the capsules? i use that too at nite under my eyes & clean off after a while.dont know if it ll ve the same effect, but there are other vitamins that are beneficial to the skin, VIT C is amazing, also there is Vit B3, VIT B5 etc , so at the end of the day u just need to find the one that best suits your skin, & if u insist a dermatologist ll be able to advise you ,
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by tubabie(f): 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2010
^^Thanks Yjay
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2010
nanidee:

@  spike cylinder, d store im talking about is on ----- way, in a plaza, and its very close to big treat. I dont know if we are talking about the same one, might just be. cheesy

@ browncocos, i've sent u a mail.

i havent got it o!
Mad_Max:

[b]browncocos! Lol, are you selling market? Kukuma do am well na. Mebbe you should have a tiny centre where ladies can buy everything they need instead scouring the earth for i[/b]t.

girl i wish i was that industrous o
i dey fear now dont blame me we r e-friends not real friends

ok seriously ladies if ure realy interested in buying any of these products or any at all let me know(am not kidding here)
we ll work somethan out

darn i wish i were in lagos!
@madmax if i get burnt na u go pay o!lol
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Taiwobayo: 2:09am On Mar 14, 2010
Hi People!

Where can i get the MELADERM product here in Lagos, Nigeria?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 7:55am On Mar 14, 2010
Don't use Meladerm. There are products that do the same thing better and faster. It works only for a tiny minority.

browncocos:
i havent got it o!

girl i wish i was that industrous oi dey fear now dont blame me we r e-friends not real friendsok seriously ladies if ure realy interested in buying any of these products or any at all let me know(am not kidding here)we ll work somethan outdarn i wish i were in lagos!madmax if i get burnt na u go pay o!lol

Lol
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 14, 2010
fanstatic thread thumb up to everyone who contributed.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by mitchyy(f): 2:48pm On Mar 14, 2010
@yjay,
thanks a lot babe.
I'll give ya situation report after am done with this bottle.
@mad_max,
what other products are you referring to that works for spots better than meladerm.
Please i need that info for a friend.thanks
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 9:33am On Mar 15, 2010
1. Eucerin Dry Skin Plus Intensive Repair

Product Description
Dry skin therapy. Clinically proven effective for very dry, flaky skin.
Alpha hydroxy and extra-enriched moisturizers exfoliate and smooth.
Non - irritating and fragrance free. Dermatologist recommended.
Your skin is so dry that it even becomes flaky and rough. The solution? Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair. Lotion to intensively moisturize and gently exfoliate.
Your skin will look and feel healthier.
Patented formula combines a natural skin moisturizer with alpha hydroxy to intensively hydrate and smooth skin. Keeps skin moisturized for 24 hours. Non - greasy, fast absorbing. Fragrance free, wont clog pores.

This is product is amazing!!!!!!! my skin has never been this soft & smooth, if u ve dry skin trust me eucerin is the way to go
im giving it 4 (****)stars just cos it takes abt 2 -3 weeks but u see results

2. Clinique clarifying lotion 4

Product Description
Instantly dissolves dead cells & impurities Absorbs excess oil throughout the day Mattes out shine, even in the T-zone Incredibly keeps skin clear while moisturizing Leaves skin unbelievably soft, smooth & clear Perfect for very oily skin

i had wanted to try out one of the clinique toners & since i ve oily skin i knew clarifying lotion 4 would be perfect for me, just bought this last week Thursday & u can tell the difference, someone asked me on Saturday what i did to my face, with this product, you ll end up looking like a million bucks
im giving it 5 (*****) stars for amazing results in just days

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 9:36am On Mar 15, 2010
hey moderator, wat happened to my eucerin & clinique review?? cld u put it back there? thanks
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 5:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
It's the spambot thing. There's a complaints thread in the section and it'll be rectified.

mitchyy:

@yjay,
thanks a lot babe.
I'll give ya situation report after am done with this bottle.
@mad_max,
what other products are you referring to that works for spots better than meladerm.
Please i need that info for a friend.thanks

If 'spots' are acne, 20% salicylic acid will remove it. If it's blemishes, Makari Caviar Face Cream will do it. It's in the same price range as Meladerm, and works far, far better. You may also try Iman Evener, but Makari Caviar Face Cream might work better.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by steaming(f): 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2010
this thread is beautiful, thanx to everyone's contributed and still contributing. i have actually visited it over and over, page to page without missing a detail.

i am looking for where to get this olay regenerist serum and neutrogena visbly even in abj. ve tried perfect trust, exclusive, sum others, cant find it.

pls do help a sista out. i nid urgently.

ve used the visibly firm and it was beautiful to say d least.

Neutrogena rocx!!!!!!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 8:48am On Mar 25, 2010
nanidee:

@  spike cylinder, d store im talking about is on ----- way, in a plaza, and its very close to big treat. I dont know if we are talking about the same one, might just be. cheesy

We are talking about the same one. Ozde Plaza abi? That's my 'area' too. How long have you lived there?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 12:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
@ steaming i have a spare regenerist serum i can sell 2 u

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.