Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Latest Arsenal News For Arsenal Fans - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Latest Arsenal News For Arsenal Fans (617 Views)

Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal / Arsenal News / Arsenal News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Latest Arsenal News For Arsenal Fans by Fluxy: 11:38am On Aug 22, 2009
We're All Looking For Defensive Midfielders - Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger
There's excess market demand and severe under supply when it comes to one particular position, says Le Professeur,

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger hinted at his Friday pre-match conference that he may not have completed his summer transfer business yet, but he also acknowledged that most managers - indeed all those he has spoken to on the subject - are looking for the same sort of player.

The player in question is a quality defensive midfielder - and there aren't too many available on the market.

Having only brought in Belgian central defender Thomas Vermaelen so far this summer, Wenger told journalists that he might add further defensive reinforcements before the window closes.

But he also stressed that should he not make any more purchases, he will be happy enough with the squad he already has.

Quoted on the club's official website, Wenger said, "[Will there be] much transfer movement? Certainly not. Any? Maybe, but certainly not much.

"I was always happy with my squad, that's a quality I have. Don't forget the players we have out [injured] - we have quite a big squad.

"At the moment Abou Diaby hasn't played until the other night, we have Tomas Rosicky, Eduardo, Samir Nasri - there are plenty of offensive players who are still not there.

"Carlos Vela is still injured and not playing so we have plenty of possibilities; offensively I don't think we need to strengthen the squad.

"Defensively, number-wise, maybe we could still do with one."

However, Wenger is not alone in seeking to boost that area of his squad. Asked exactly which position he wanted to strengthen, Wenger replied, "I must confess one thing.

"I've spoken to 10 managers and all 10 are looking for centre-backs or defensive midfielders.

"It looks like the offensive players are the most-paid but at the end of the day, in the modern day, all the managers I speak to ask me the same thing.

"‘Do you know a player somewhere?'" You can as well check out the following sites for latest arsenal news.arsenaljoint..comlatestsoccer-news..com

(1) (Reply)

Can Arsenal Be No1 On The Log? / Do You Think Dailymail's EPL Team Can Take On The Fifa Pro Team? / Nigeria 6- Burkina Faso-1 Octopus Beauty Queen lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.