Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike (10004 Views)

​exposed!! EFCC Begs Obanikoro To Help Implicate Fayose, Promises Him Safe Landi / Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. / States Get Another Bailout To Pay Workers Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 28, 2016
[b]EKITI State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has said the state government will pay workers who are not on strike their salary from the little monthly allocation that came from Abuja this month.

Fayose also opined that embarking on strike is not the solution to the poor resources available to the government that has led to irregular payment of salary in the last few months.

He stated this while featuring on an interview programme on radio and television stations in Ado-Ekiti.

In a statement by the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, on Saturday, Fayose noted that the state was handicapped by the continuous slide in statutory allocations coming to it and the general economic recession in the country.

He was quoted as having said: “For the April allocation shared in May, we got N752 million, while our wage bill is N2.6 billion monthly.

“The previous month we got a little over N1 billion and that has been the trend since last year.

“We have had to combine two monthly allocations to be able to pay a month salary, but since the beginning of this year, it is that three allocations are not even enough to pay a month’s salary.

“When you compare what we got from January to May, 2015 and what we got in the same period this year, we have a shortfall of over N6 billion.

“Some are talking about our internally generated revenue, there is nothing to hide.

“All the records are there for all to see and I have always told labour leaders to go and verify.

“The highest we have recorded is N302 million a month.

“There was a month we had N181 million.

“Since I assumed office, every month the allocation paper comes from Abuja, a committee made up of labour leaders and other stakeholders has been the one sharing whatever comes among all sectors.

“If I am not hiding anything from labour leaders and workers, I expect them to understand.

“I feel their pain, but there is limit to what I can do in this type of situation.

“Workers at the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital under the auspices of JOHESU have written that they are not on strike and people like will be paid from what came from Abuja.

“Since I have no power to stop workers from going on strike, I wish them well, but we need to understand what the situation is like.

“They cannot say that I have not consistently been alerting Nigerians since late last year that a time like this is coming.

“In fact, the next allocation may be smaller than the one we are complaining about now.”

Governor Fayose said the economic situation of th‎e state was worsened by the indiscriminate borrowing the former Governor Kayode Fayemi administration embarked upon.

He said: “The N25 billion they raised from the capital market, the nearly N30 billion commercial loans, the UBEC, water scheme, fertilizer and other loans they incurred, led to the deduction of about N1 billion from our allocations monthly.

“Where were the labour and their leaders when t‎hey were borrowing all these monies?

“I reiterate again that no administration should be allowed to borrow beyond its tenure.”

On the staff audit conducted by the government last year, Fayose stated that 315 ghost workers were detected through the exercise and that the report would soon be made public.

The governor called on the Federal Government to use dialogue to resolve the Niger Delta issue and stem the tide of incessant bombing of oil facilities that is impending the flow of revenue to the nation’s coffers.
[/b]

http://.com/ekiti-fayose-promises-to-pay-workers-who-are-not-on-strike/

1 Share

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by DynamoDeGreat: 6:31pm On May 28, 2016
Ipod E walliors come and defend your lole model

26 Likes

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by eazisky(m): 6:37pm On May 28, 2016
Lolz. Fayose is not smiling.... All man for himself

The other side of Fayose unfolding.... grin

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by BlueK1(m): 6:38pm On May 28, 2016
ok
Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 28, 2016
Shame on the kpomo cutter with no development governor.

19 Likes

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by bender79: 6:49pm On May 28, 2016
eazisky:
Lolz. Fayose is not smiling.... All man for himself

The other side of Fayose unfolding.... grin
and what is spectacular about the other side?
Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by tempest01(m): 6:50pm On May 28, 2016
When I watched Fayoses interview on channels, i first thought he was wrong to owe salaries...And he offered his explanation which was sensible Fayemi borrowed a lot and it is affecting his tenure. Fayemi hasn't come out to deny this.

Our past politicians never made hay while there was sunshine.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by modath(f): 6:55pm On May 28, 2016
tempest01:
When I watched Fayoses interview on channels, i first thought he was wrong to owe salaries...And he offered his explanation which was sensible Fayemi borrowed a lot and it is affecting his tenure. Fayemi hasn't come out to deny this.

Our past politicians never made hay while there was sunshine.

Bros can we be objective? WHY NOW?

Have you ever wondered why he was able to pay when Jonathan was still in Government and other states were groaning?

989900B , kindly post the link to Fayose and Fayemi's debt burden argument... Thx..

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by Vomm: 7:03pm On May 28, 2016
The man no go sell his brocus to pay workers na.
Which governor no owe salary? Almost all the governors are owing.

That is the change u people voted for, so enjoy it very well
Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by tempest01(m): 7:08pm On May 28, 2016
modath:

Bros can we be objective? WHY NOW?

Have you ever wondered why he was able to pay when Jonathan was still in Government and other states were groaning?

989900B , kindly post the link to Fayose and Fayemi's debt burden argument... Thx..

I believe I've been objective enough to make statements based on figures fayose quoted. I have also held out incase fayemi comes out to disclaim his statements.

Oil price was high during GEJ and the effects of having high debt was not really felt then...now revenue is low, servicing debt, you can see that the monthly allocation is less than the wage bill...that's why many states are in trouble - bad debt.

Searching for the link.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by soft24(m): 10:27pm On May 28, 2016
tempest01:

I believe I've been objective enough to make statements based on figures fayose quoted. I have also held out incase fayemi comes out to disclaim his statements.

Oil price was high during GEJ and the effects of having high debt was not really felt then...now revenue is low, servicing debt, you can see that the allocation is more than the wage bill...that's why many states are in trouble - bad debt.

I am from Ekiti,Fayose has nothing to hide and he is transparent enough. The labour leaders should call off the strike because they are aware of the statutory allocation received monthly from the Federal government which is nothing to write home about. The IGR is poor coupled with the debts incurred by the previous administration. I guess that's why Fayose has been aggressive in the area of payment of tax.

Searching for the link.
Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by soft24(m): 10:29pm On May 28, 2016
[quote author=tempest01 post=46059999]

Oil price was high during GEJ and the effects of having high debt was not really felt then...now revenue is low, servicing debt, you can see that the allocation is more than the wage bill...that's why many states are in trouble - bad debt.

I am from Ekiti,Fayose has nothing to hide and he is transparent enough. The labour leaders should call off the strike because they are aware of the statutory allocation received monthly from the Federal government which is nothing to write home about. The IGR is poor coupled with the debts incurred by the previous administration. I guess that's why Fayose has been aggressive in the area of payment of tax.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by Goddex: 8:53am On May 29, 2016
asw
Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:55am On May 29, 2016
It is well.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE BELOW FOR THE LATEST QUALITY STONE COATED ROOFING TILES AND PROJECTS.
Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by bolavan: 8:55am On May 29, 2016
>
Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by Shegsman007: 8:56am On May 29, 2016
Foolish governor go to hell

1 Like

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by lonelydora: 8:57am On May 29, 2016
Fayose the controversial man.
Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by thistemple(m): 8:59am On May 29, 2016
walasky:
[b]EKITI State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has said the state government will pay workers who are not on strike their salary from the little monthly allocation that came from Abuja this month.

Fayose also opined that embarking on strike is not the solution to the poor resources available to the government that has led to irregular payment of salary in the last few months.

He stated this while featuring on an interview programme on radio and television stations in Ado-Ekiti.

In a statement by the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, on Saturday, Fayose noted that the state was handicapped by the continuous slide in statutory allocations coming to it and the general economic recession in the country.

He was quoted as having said: “For the April allocation shared in May, we got N752 million, while our wage bill is N2.6 billion monthly.

“The previous month we got a little over N1 billion and that has been the trend since last year.

“We have had to combine two monthly allocations to be able to pay a month salary, but since the beginning of this year, it is that three allocations are not even enough to pay a month’s salary.

“When you compare what we got from January to May, 2015 and what we got in the same period this year, we have a shortfall of over N6 billion.

“Some are talking about our internally generated revenue, there is nothing to hide.

“All the records are there for all to see and I have always told labour leaders to go and verify.

“The highest we have recorded is N302 million a month.

“There was a month we had N181 million.

“Since I assumed office, every month the allocation paper comes from Abuja, a committee made up of labour leaders and other stakeholders has been the one sharing whatever comes among all sectors.

“If I am not hiding anything from labour leaders and workers, I expect them to understand.

“I feel their pain, but there is limit to what I can do in this type of situation.

“Workers at the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital under the auspices of JOHESU have written that they are not on strike and people like will be paid from what came from Abuja.

“Since I have no power to stop workers from going on strike, I wish them well, but we need to understand what the situation is like.

“They cannot say that I have not consistently been alerting Nigerians since late last year that a time like this is coming.

“In fact, the next allocation may be smaller than the one we are complaining about now.”

Governor Fayose said the economic situation of th‎e state was worsened by the indiscriminate borrowing the former Governor Kayode Fayemi administration embarked upon.

He said: “The N25 billion they raised from the capital market, the nearly N30 billion commercial loans, the UBEC, water scheme, fertilizer and other loans they incurred, led to the deduction of about N1 billion from our allocations monthly.

“Where were the labour and their leaders when t‎hey were borrowing all these monies?

“I reiterate again that no administration should be allowed to borrow beyond its tenure.”

On the staff audit conducted by the government last year, Fayose stated that 315 ghost workers were detected through the exercise and that the report would soon be made public.

The governor called on the Federal Government to use dialogue to resolve the Niger Delta issue and stem the tide of incessant bombing of oil facilities that is impending the flow of revenue to the nation’s coffers.
[/b]

http://.com/ekiti-fayose-promises-to-pay-workers-who-are-not-on-strike/
story for the gods.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by Victorvexz(m): 9:01am On May 29, 2016
Fayose, the thug governor, the Ipob savior and hero, the ponmo lover, I hail oh

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by Mopolchi: 9:03am On May 29, 2016
This Gov Fayose na real Nigerian. He sabi how naija people dey behave. Temitem1's role model!
Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by cosby02(m): 9:03am On May 29, 2016
Funny
Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by omenka(m): 9:07am On May 29, 2016
Isn't it such a refreshing comedy watching the same people who throw bricks at Buhari for blaming the woes being experienced today on the past admin for her inability to save for the rainy day (even their Carl Max, Okonjo Iweala alluded to that fact) try to excuse Fayose for his failings, blaming them on Fayemi's inability to save?? smiley

Ugandans and their ways... cheesy

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by IamPatriotic(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2016
What's the difference between Fayose blaming Fayemi and Buhari blaming Jonathan? it only means they both didn't know the dept of a river before diving into it, they rather sink if they can't swim because no excuse is tenable at this point.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by podosci(m): 9:14am On May 29, 2016
[quote author=soft24 post=46064990][/quote]
I am abit confused...
If Buhari complains about GEJ embezzlement and low oil price, We would all call him a fool and accuse him of giving excusses.
Fastforward to Fayose and everybody seems to be in aggrement that fayemi and low oil prices are to blame?
Is this not double standard?
I thought many here were clebraring the Nigerdelta avengers, Fayose the chosen child of the jews is already complaining of low revenue as a result of bombings. I am waiting for whe the real effect of the bombings start. Let me see those who were supporting the bombings coming here to complain.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by JustHere2Observ(f): 9:14am On May 29, 2016
This man is the dumbest and egoistic governor I know. Why can't your state find means of generating revenue instead of waiting on FG like a housewife? Those on strike are not fools, its either you pay them all or pay no one and keep quiet in shame.
These our leaders are slave masters, we need someone like Danaerys the mother of dragons, the unburnt, breaker of chains to save us all. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by WASMOG(m): 9:17am On May 29, 2016
grin angry grin

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by opalu: 9:19am On May 29, 2016
Hmm
Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by Dahkogrin007(m): 9:25am On May 29, 2016
I weep with the people of Ekiti state

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by abbeyty(m): 9:35am On May 29, 2016
wage bill, wage bail so, there is no any other means the state can generate money beside the one that comes from Abuja or would I say from oil ?
Re: Fayose Promises To Pay Workers Who Are Not On strike by xxgig(m): 9:37am On May 29, 2016
[quote author=soft24 post=46064990][/quote]

Yes you are from Ekiti state: Buhari is the cause of our suffering not GEJ. But Fayemi is responsible for Ekiti workers not getting salary and not Fayose. Talk about double standard. SMH!

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zulum Asks FG To Hire Mercenaries, Seek Foreign Support To End Insurgency / World Bank Approves $750m Electricity Facility For Nigeria / Governor Sani Bello Procures 100 Tractors For Farmers In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.