Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Dell Laptop Screen Light Constantly Keeps Going Off While In Use! Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Dell Laptop Screen Light Constantly Keeps Going Off While In Use! Help! (5156 Views)

Help- My HP Laptop's Screen Keeps Blinking / Help ! Fairly New Notebook Keeps Going Blank / My Laptop Keeps Restarting After Hp Logo Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dell Laptop Screen Light Constantly Keeps Going Off While In Use! Help! by dushku(f): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2009
i use a dell 1525 model laptop(3gb RAM, 250gb HDD), its over a year old and thats like my baby. of late however, while in use the screen just goes black literally and i cant see whateva it is that im wrking on although the laptop is stil on and the opened files are stil there but the screen light is off!!!.
my friends say its the flex of the laptop lid but rily im jst tired cuz i jst recovered from battery wahala a couple of months ago.
i also noticed that if the laptop is not plugged in, d screen light does not go off but once its plugged in, it does after some few minutes.

sori my complaints r lengthy and muddled up but does any1 av a suggestion as to what the problem is and the quik fix/correction that can be done. thanx!!
Re: Dell Laptop Screen Light Constantly Keeps Going Off While In Use! Help! by Cactus(m): 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2009
You need to replace the fluorescent lamps in the screen. Both left and right. It is called CCFL Cold cathode fluorescent lamp. If you unplug it from a power supply, there is less voltage so it may not flicker. But when connected to a power source, when it starts flickering, That means you need to get replacements.

They are very cheap not sure how much they cost where you are but not expensive at all.
Re: Dell Laptop Screen Light Constantly Keeps Going Off While In Use! Help! by dushku(f): 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2009
Cactus:

You need to replace the fluorescent lamps in the screen. Both left and right. It is called CCFL   Cold cathode fluorescent lamp. If you unplug it from a power supply, there is less voltage so it may not flicker. But when connected to a power source, when it starts flickering, That means you need to get replacements.

They are very cheap not sure how much they cost where you are but not expensive at all.

cactus, thank u so so much!!!! i'll get it done asap,
Re: Dell Laptop Screen Light Constantly Keeps Going Off While In Use! Help! by deji2009(m): 9:32pm On Aug 22, 2009
@dushku the previous tec has cover most of things you need to know. however, we need to check to be 100% sure is a mechanical problem.

and the reason that being is because you said when charger is not plug in is ok but when is plug in then it's start flickering on and off

screen flickering on and off can be a problem with the internal TFT screen itself, software related issue, wrong ac adaptor, lacking update.

ok, here's what you need to do:

Turn off the laptop, no charger plug in ,no pheripherals attach, back on again dont wait for anything keep pressing f2 on your keyboard you

should get a blue screen if not start the whole procedure again and keep hitting delete key you should get something called BIOS SETUP UTILITY

wait for 5 minutes and see if flickers without the charger remember secondly connect the charger and see if it flickers if it does then just a case

of taking it in for repair. just to add to that if you can get it tested on a monitor that would also tell you something
Re: Dell Laptop Screen Light Constantly Keeps Going Off While In Use! Help! by dushku(f): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2009
deji2009:

@dushku the previous tec has cover most of things you need to know. however, we need to check to be 100% sure is a mechanical problem.

and the reason that being is because you said when charger is not plug in is ok but when is plug in then it's start flickering on and off

screen flickering on and off can be a problem with the internal TFT screen itself, software related issue, wrong ac adaptor, lacking update.

ok, here's what you need to do:

Turn off the laptop, no charger plug in ,no pheripherals attach, back on again dont wait for anything keep pressing f2 on your keyboard you

should get a blue screen if not start the whole procedure again and keep hitting delete key you should get something called BIOS SETUP UTILITY

wait for 5 minutes and see if flickers without the charger remember secondly connect the charger and see if it flickers if it does then just a case

of taking it in for repair. just to add to that if you can get it tested on a monitor that would also tell you something

deji: thank u for the additional piece of info,i'll try that ryt away.

@ cactus: i live in lag, i asked about the replacements from a tech guy at the computer village and he said it myt cost btw 10-12k. Pls do u think it costs that much?,
Re: Dell Laptop Screen Light Constantly Keeps Going Off While In Use! Help! by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hi

(1) (Reply)

Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Dell 16GB RAM, 105GB SSD+1TB HDD, 7th Gen. Quad-Core i7, 4GB Nvidia GTX 1050Ti / How To Unlock Huawei E5372 For Free (spectranet) To Use Ntel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.