Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari (869 Views)

Sokoto Plant To Generate Power At N178/kilowatt (more than 3x Regional Price) / Give Us More Time - Buhari Begs ECOWAS Bank President (Photos) / "My Biggest Sin Is That I Talked Too Much Before We Came Into Power"- Lai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by surawilly(m): 6:43am On May 29, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has confessed that it has been difficult governing Nigeria in the last one year. He said the country was beset with a lot of problems when he took over power on May 29, 2015. The President made the remarks during an interaction with some editors on Thursday, in Abuja to throw light on his experiences in the last one year. “We came into power at a very difficult time. We discovered too late that we had put ourselves as a nation in a mono-economy, depending only on petroleum,” he said. Besides, the president said from 1999 to 2013, the average cost of Nigeria’s crude oil per barrel was$100, but when his administration came on board, it had reduced to an average of about only $30. According to him, his administration suddenly discovered that Nigerians were depending on petroleum and imported virtually everything, including food. “There are a lot of problems in the country. You have insurgency in the North-East”, he said, recalling that what started like a group of political thugs, developed into Boko Haram. The President also said there was high unemployment in the country and things became clearer and compounded when Nigeria abandoned agriculture and solid minerals. Buhari also spoke about the value of the naira, pointing out that he was agonising over the matter.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/we-came-to-power-at-a-very-difficult-time-buhari/148767.html
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by Nobody: 6:52am On May 29, 2016
Presido just respect ur sef and admit that you're confuse and knw nothing.

2 Likes

Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by BudeYahooCom: 7:00am On May 29, 2016
You came to take bayelsa oil to gombe and then the price crashed! Now you are lamenting. You Rulership (as you called it) will end in a catastrophe!

2 Likes

Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by mysteriousman(m): 7:02am On May 29, 2016
So true notwithstanding you can still put in a good show
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by Nobody: 7:14am On May 29, 2016
That is what Buhari and Lie Mohammed knows how to do best when things are not working.

He knew the problems of Nigeria and was singing 'Change' songs. Its obvious we will still change or replace you very soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by onatisi(m): 7:18am On May 29, 2016
This old grandpa brain simply has no idea or solution to Nigeria problems . His knowledgeable is terribly outdated and the nation problems has overwhelmed his brain. He should have just sat down in his farm and be enjoying his retirement instead of compounding the nation problems

Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by Akposkool(m): 7:20am On May 29, 2016
He should have known that.
Please join me celebrate am a year older today. Show a brother some love with your likes

1 Like

Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by PRYCE(m): 7:23am On May 29, 2016
Still with the complaints yeah? grin
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by Taeewo(m): 7:34am On May 29, 2016
Buhari,i beg no fall my hand...
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by Jerrymax01(m): 7:36am On May 29, 2016
Everyone knows you did came to power when things ain't favorable, especially when the price of oil reduced drastically, but this isn't an excuse for not performing up to expectations, I'm happy your government wants to diversify, which I think is a good move at this critical time we are. The billions of loot recovered shouldn't just be on lips alone, we want to see the money pump into all sectors of the economy to keep all sectors working and improving the lives of all citizens.

God bless FRN
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by Sunnycliff(m): 7:36am On May 29, 2016
We knew he wasn't well prepared to govern a Pluralistic Nigeria! He thinks is all about pighting kwarupshion
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by rayblast(m): 7:38am On May 29, 2016
pls resign
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by MRSALT: 7:52am On May 29, 2016
APC are shameless. How do you want foreign investors to come if you keep on painting the the picture of the economy as hopeless. Even Obama won American election when the economy was in recession. Nigerian economy was not in recession in 29th May 2015.

1 Like

Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by muzmeel: 7:56am On May 29, 2016
So Buhari didn't Nigeria has been depending on petroleum till when he became president! After contesting for 3times wow this oldman is not ready I swear
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by onatisi(m): 8:04am On May 29, 2016
muzmeel:
So Buhari didn't Nigeria has been depending on petroleum till when he became president! After contesting for 3times wow this oldman is not ready I swear

Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by DaGC(m): 8:22am On May 29, 2016
My issue with this blame ish is that you told us of the problems during campaigns, and that's why you were elected to fix it.

Still, after victory, you are still tellings us of the same problems again. I just tire abeg. undecided
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by ckmayoca: 8:23am On May 29, 2016
Same old story.
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by kolnel: 8:25am On May 29, 2016
The problem wasn't so difficult when you came in
Buhari has been multiplying the problems he met on ground
I sincerely hope there's solution sooner than expected
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:25am On May 29, 2016
government of the confused, by the excused and finally by the lies. piloted by the dullard himself in conjunction with the chief liar, lies Muhammad.
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by Splinz(m): 8:29am On May 29, 2016
Cries of an old confuse man.
Re: We Came To Power At A Very Difficult Time – Buhari by 234GT(m): 8:36am On May 29, 2016
But you knew all these while you were making empty promises like a teenager who wants to deceive a girl into sex.

(1) (Reply)

Reminisce On Dr. Goodluck Jonathan 365 Days In Office / Wole Soyinka's Speech To Buhari In 2007....we Just Entered One Chance !! / Timipre Sylva Was Present At Senator Lokpobiri PHD Graduation Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.