Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand (60336 Views)

Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? / Zimbabwean Woman In White Garment Strips Unclad During The Church Rally (photos) / 10 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by Freeezzz(m): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
happney65:

Yes sir!... grin grin
FIXED.
At ease son. grin grin grin
cool
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by obontobolo(m): 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
Freeezzz:

This is not denial, it's more of a clarification. When people come to me and say, oh I had seen one of your people killing chicken in the river doing spiritual bath. I then ask, it is a Cele? The fellow goes, yes, I mean, they were wearing white garment. I just sigh and shake my head and then go into a long discussion of how best to identify Celestial Church members from "others".
Imagine me saying all Pentecostal church pastors are corrupt and thieves, or yahoo pastors like one yeyebrity(imho) calls them, because I have had a bad experience in one XYZ church, bro, I should go for a brain check. So, I would rather address discussion that has to do with my church, Celestial Church of Christ than talking on my church point of view on behalf of the "white garment church".
Summary: our doctrines are really, truly different!
cool
I'm not disputing what u have typed ooo.... Ofcos churches have different doctrines......Since u are a ccc member and u said ur church is not a white garment or a sultana church, what then is ur church mode of dressing (Normal church wears or others)? ... Ma pu ro.., ma divert si nnkan mi oooo..
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
Yeaaaa
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by Freeezzz(m): 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2017
obontobolo:
I'm not disputing what u have typed ooo.... Ofcos churches have different doctrines......Since u are a ccc member and u said ur church is not a white garment or a sultana church, what then is ur church mode of dressing (Normal church wears or others)? ... Ma pu ro.., ma divert si nnkan mi oooo..
Garment sir! Catholics(Priests and Altar boys(?)) also wear theirs, CAC pastors do, Baptists and Methodists; still we don't call them Robe wearing churches. My case sir.
cool
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by obontobolo(m): 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
Freeezzz:

Garment sir! Catholics(Priests and Altar boys(?)) also wear theirs, CAC pastors do, Baptists and Methodists; still we don't call them Robe wearing churches. My case sir.
cool
Good.... Do majority of their members i.e CAC, Baptists, catholics and methodists churches wear robe/garment?..... Ma divert ooo
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by Freeezzz(m): 9:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
obontobolo:
Good.... Do majority of their members i.e CAC, Baptists, catholics and methodists churches wear robe/garment?..... Ma divert ooo
Bros yeeee, majority of Pentecostal wear suits, are they called suit wearing church? And not just their pastors or deacons. Do you get my point now?
cool
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by obontobolo(m): 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
Freeezzz:

Bros yeeee, majority of Pentecostal wear suits, are they called suit wearing church? And not just their pastors or deacons. Do you get my point now?
cool
so miss/mrs/mr freezee, i put it to u that ur church is a white garment church...... Any further quoting shall be used against u in the high court of nairaland by Seun.... Lobatan.. CASE CLOSE.
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by Freeezzz(m): 10:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
obontobolo:
so miss/mrs/mr freezee, i put it to u that ur church is a white garment church...... Any further quoting shall be used against u in the high court of nairaland by Seun.... Lobatan.. CASE CLOSE.
Lol...Can Japan take North Korea to Hague? Seun is an atheist, soooooooooo....
My name is Bro Freeezzz and I am a Celestian and not a white garment(er) smiley
cool
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by obontobolo(m): 11:11pm On Feb 20, 2017
Freeezzz:

Lol...Can Japan take North Korea to Hague? Seun is an atheist, soooooooooo....
My name is Bro Freeezzz and I am a Celestian and not a white garment(er) smiley
cool
soooooooooooo, that wont stop him.... Bros freeeezzz, eyin white garment member ..(lol) have a nice rest...
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by Freeezzz(m): 11:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
obontobolo:
soooooooooooo, that wont stop him.... Bros freeeezzz, eyin white garment member ..(lol) have a nice rest...
hagivup!
You to my brother .
cool
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by lepasharon(f): 11:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
otipoju:

Okay ooo.

To get people off your case. ..but be warned Cele is not just any Church. Be prepared to have divine encounters with God.

1. Sutana is the name given to the white tunic that Celestians put on in church.

2. Service begins at 10 am with a specific hymn titled Jeremoyama for entering the church.

3. when everyone present has entered the church, the seven white candles on the altar are lit and the worshipers kneel and bow down to God with their foreheads saying " Holy Holy Holy to the Lord of hosts " This act is performed three separate times at the jingle of a bell.

4A) Another Hymn is sung and the service conductor requests three members in succession to pray in line with three with three prayer points namely a) power and gifts of the Holy Spirit, b)victory and protection and c)blessings and the favour of God.

4B) Following the prayer session, a hymn is sung and everyone kneels and go into Silent Prayer for about five to ten minutes.

5. Another hymn again and then there is the first and second Bible reading from the Old and New testament respectively followed by the sermon which is usually preceded by about ten to fifteen minutes of freestyle praise and worship songs rendered by the choir.

The sermon is rendered by any designated male member of the congregation. This task is usually rotated among the elders in the parish although a member from another parish could preach if he has a spiritual directive to do so.

6. After the Sermon, offerings and tithes are collected while the choir plays music appropriate to the specific offering being collected at that moment.

7.The next is the Thanksgiving. At this point members who wish to offer freewill offerings or have a spiritual instruction to do so buy whatever they wish and present it to for use in the Church of God for the the elders to receive on behalf of the church with prayers.... As usual freestyle praise and worship music will be just be flowing while this is going on.

8. After the thanks offering segment the service begins to round up with a final hymn. After this any member who has a special prayer request indicates and the whole congregation prays for him/her. The little ones and teenagers and pregnant women in the church are usually prayed for at this time by the adults members

9. After this just in a similar way when entering the church at the beginning of the service, there is another procession for exiting the church always lead by the choir. When all members are outside the building, the service conductor prays and then everyone shouts seven halleluyahs to the four cardinal points. This action officially brings the service to a close.

It is noteworthy that it is usually during service that prophet and prophetess who receive messages and visions from God about an individuals relay such messages to them privately with someone writing it down for the Shepherd to sign off on.

If you do start to attend, I implore you, face what you came for. Worship God and mind your business. Do not start running after any prophet to solve problems and don't confide in anyone unnecessarily.

It's God that you have business with. If he needs to send you a message, He will during the service. I repeat do not start running after any prophet to solve problems for you. the prophet has his own challenges that he is dealing with. FACE GOD.

I look forward to your hearing about your experience.

Oshe Sir for ur detailed explanation, I now have a picture of what to expect from cele.

But are the services conducted in english? Is the Sutana free? Are they the ones that walk bare footed cos I was told that cele is a type of white garment church because there are many?
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by otipoju(m): 4:14am On Feb 21, 2017
lepasharon:

Oshe Sir for ur detailed explanation, I now have a picture of what to expect from cele.

But are the services conducted in english? Is the Sutana free? Are they the ones that walk bare footed cos I was told that cele is a type of white garment church because there are many?

Well, choice of language is up to each parish to but most parishes that I have attended conduct services in Yoruba.

Nevertheless , the hymn book has an English translation beside Yoruba lyrics. Also sermons and Bible readings are normally translated into English.

Sutana is usually not free but you'll surely get help with the buying the material and sowing from an in-house tailor in the parish.

Yes. Celestial Church of Christ members are barefooted while in Sutana and on th church premises. I noticed however when I moved to USA, that, people normally wear socks because of the cold, but me I don't sha, the heating in the church is okay for me.

The main white garment churches are Celestial Church of Christ, Cherubim and Seraphim and Church of the Lord Aladura. Established by Samuel Oschoffa, (1947), Moses Orimolade (1925) and Josiah Ositelu(1925) respectively.

Any other one by any other name I cannot speak for and with tremendous respect to the other two, I prefer my Church

You can visit Elephant and Castle Parish in London, it's been there for 40 years.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by ebby9z(m): 9:58am On Feb 21, 2017
Realhommie:
This is one wrong notion and huge misconception majority of people have about the white garment churches, this i know first hand coz i grew up in one, "The Eternal Sacred Order of Cherubim & Seraphim" church, ESOCS for short.. And there are hundreds of these churches but people just classify them all to be one or two major churches, Celestial Church of Christ and Cherubim & Seraphim..

That said, there are evil, devilish & diabolical people who claim to be Christians in every denomination and i can categorically say here that there are more diabolical Catholics and Anglicans than you have in white garment churches..
I quite agree with you. I still had this argument with a coworker who maintained that all white garment church members are evil. No one has facts to back that up. And their are evil people in all denominations ad you rightly said
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by Realhommie(m): 10:23am On Feb 21, 2017
ebby9z:

I quite agree with you. I still had this argument with a coworker who maintained that all white garment church members are evil. No one has facts to back that up. And their are evil people in all denominations ad you rightly said
Sure.. It is very lame to conclude as such that all white garment church members are evil, that's a fallacy of hasty generalization..

Even, we have traditionalists who are good people.. Take a look around you, all the evil happenings and heinous crimes are perpetrated by white garment church members right? Coz that's exactly what they're trying to say.

Evil cuts across every denomination in every religion, all tribes as well so make people dey use dem brain b4 dem talk... I don see where 2 Catholic women dey fight over one Reverend Father, to the extent dem dey go do charms from herbalist and some fake prophets, the Father was based in Abj at the time.. I don also see where a staunch JW man codedly invite native doctor to do cleansing for him compound yet na dem go first talk and condemn come carry Bible dey preach.... My guy if we continue to talk on this issue ehn we no go do anything else today.. Like i tell somebody else b4, make we just leave matter for Matthias or market women..

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by jagbajantus: 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
These people in these photos are dressed in long gowns and scarfs the same way that Moslem people do.
What church is this one sef? Is it Aladura or is it Cherubi & Serafom?
Nigeria has more churches than health care centers and doctor's clinics.
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by Melancholy(m): 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
ikombe:
who be dis wan
sorry, johnny just come, a single click will solve ur problem
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by lepasharon(f): 1:23am On Feb 23, 2017
otipoju:

Well, choice of language is up to each parish to but most parishes that I have attended conduct services in Yoruba.

Nevertheless , the hymn book has an English translation beside Yoruba lyrics. Also sermons and Bible readings are normally translated into English.

Sutana is usually not free but you'll surely get help with the buying the material and sowing from an in-house tailor in the parish.

Yes. Celestial Church of Christ members are barefooted while in Sutana and on th church premises. I noticed however when I moved to USA, that, people normally wear socks because of the cold, but me I don't sha, the heating in the church is okay for me.

The main white garment churches are Celestial Church of Christ, Cherubim and Seraphim and Church of the Lord Aladura. Established by Samuel Oschoffa, (1947), Moses Orimolade (1925) and Josiah Ositelu(1925) respectively.

Any other one by any other name I cannot speak for and with tremendous respect to the other two, I prefer my Church

You can visit Elephant and Castle Parish in London, it's been there for 40 years.

Elephant and Castle? Ok! Here I come.

So.what are the dos and Don'ts for cele members? Any particular protocol, dressing, hairrstyle and lifestylye?
Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by otipoju(m): 7:21am On Feb 23, 2017
lepasharon:

Elephant and Castle? Ok! Here I come.

So.what are the dos and Don'ts for cele members? Any particular protocol, dressing, hairrstyle and lifestylye?

I am sorry I couldn't respond sooner.

Celestial women are quite fashionable as many love to put on jewelry on their Sutana.

Expect to cover your hair while on the premises or in Sutana. ...so any hairstyle that will easily fit into your cap will do.

The important one is that when a woman in her cycle is expected to be watching Netflix at home and not come to church.

Also alcohol and any substance that will will take control of your mind is frowned upon as it's believed we ought to be filled with the holy spirit instead.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Jealousy The Last Class Before Becoming A Witch' Seen On A Lorry (PHOTO) / 30 Spiritual Facts About Spiritual Witchcraft Cobwebs / 'chapter Of Grace' Pastor, Rev Ndjom Beats Wife Brutally - (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.