Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

DIALOGUE, The Only Feasible Way Forward. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DIALOGUE, The Only Feasible Way Forward. (305 Views)

Igbo Presidency Only Feasible In 2023 - Akubueze / Niger Delta Avengers Refuse Dialogue With FG / Dialogue The Only Solution To NDA Insurgency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DIALOGUE, The Only Feasible Way Forward. by Appliedmaths(m): 9:11am On May 29, 2016
DIALOGUE! The only feasible way forward.

It's been more than 3 months I wrote my last piece pouring out my heart on issues bothering my country Nigeria. Never the less my silence does not connote absolute blindness to the issues at hand. The Niger delta avengers vs the stiff President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I asked someone a question, is anything working in Nigeria? Mr president elect should please come off his high horse and call for a round table meeting with the so called Avengers before they end up blowing every single pipeline in the Niger delta region hence bringing the oil dependent nation to its kneels. In economics, we are meant to understand that different economies adopt different policies with modifications to cultural and social beliefs, what am I saying? America may use brute force on terrorist and get the desired results but that doesn't mean Nigeria should also adopt such measure in dealing with her problems. My take, as an oil dependent nation with no economic vision I suggest that the Federal government should quickly call for a round table discussion in order to stop the recent pipeline and oil facility vandalism for the good of the nation at large, hence we adopt the commando approach (which should have been the right way but is not due to our political settings) and watch everything crumble before our very eyes. The way forward, Dialogue remains the only feasible solution in curbing the menace of the avengers due to the political settings of our nation Nigeria, any other approach adopted would have a multiplier effect of doom, agony and loss of lives. The Nigerian Army cannot defeat this so called Avengers in their Creek, why waste further resources and lives when you know as a Nation we haven't gotten to that level of silencing insurgents with brute force. In conclusion, I'm not in support of always using dialogue as a weapon but are we ready to lose it all before we realise the fact?

Odoro Aaron
BS.c Mathematics and Economics.
Project Management Consultant.

(1) (Reply)

365 Days Of Buhari: Will This Giant Learn To Dance? / OPINION: How To Solve Unemployment Problem In The Niger Delta / What Do The Militants Attacking Nigeria's Oil Industry Want?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.