Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,514 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers (24764 Views)

Raymond Dokpesi Visits Igbinedion, Esama Of Benin Over PDP Chairmanship / FG, Governors, Militants Meet Over Niger Delta Crisis / Buhari Set To Appoint Timi Alaibe Over Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by ganisucks(f): 12:20pm On May 29, 2016
The Federal Government and ex-militants have resolved to end the ongoing pipeline vandalism in the Niger Delta region, an official has said.
Paul Boroh, the Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Niger-Delta Matters and Coordinator of the Amnesty Programme, said this at the end of a meeting he convened in Benin.
Mr. Boro, a retired Brigadier General, told journalists on Saturday night that the pipeline vandalism in the Niger-Delta was reducing the economic fortune of the country and inflicting pains on Nigerians. ‎
He urged the agitators to dialogue with the relevant authorities over their grievances and shun destruction of oil installations.‎
He assured that plans were in the pipeline to provide the ex-militants with welfare and a housing scheme in addition to the existing programme and projects.‎
Mr. Boroh stressed the need to find lasting solutions to the current situation in the region.
The common factor is security challenges we are facing in our areas, in our region that is affecting the economy of the country.
“Personally it makes me feel bad that we don’t know how to solve our problem.‎
“To you my comrades, it is our responsibility to make sure that insecurity in our environment is well sorted out. Please let us do everything we can to make sure that doesn’t occur again.”‎
Mr. Boroh, who was optimistic about the success of the meeting, said: “We have all resolved that we will put our heads and hands and all in all together to prevent the re-occurrence of this type of thing.”‎
He assured oil firms in the country that the Federal Government is dedicated to end the problems associated with bombing.
“Collectively we (Federal Government and ex-militants) have agreed to work as a team to 2prevent re-occurrence.
“We feel bad that it is happening, it is affecting our economy and it is affecting development and we are very concern about it.”
Some of the ‘militants’ who were present affirmed to what the special adviser said and pledged to support the federal government to bring lasting peace to the Niger-Delta, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/204261-nigerian-government-announces-agreement-niger-delta-militants.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by ganisucks(f): 12:23pm On May 29, 2016
with due respect †̥♥ Nairaland Rule9, I have †̥♥ ask, is NDA a signatory partner in this new agreement. If not, then I suggest Paul Boroh tears up the accord A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ start again. My opinion.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 29, 2016
STOP DECEIVING PEOPLE WITH MISLEADING HEADLINE...DID YOU READ THE ARTICLE? THEY ARE PLEADING WITH THE MILITANTS TO STOP THE BOMBINGS...NO AGREEMENT WAS REACHED!

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by mrvitalis(m): 12:24pm On May 29, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 29, 2016
I thought the new sherifatimah wants to disable and destroy Niger delta avengers(if possible Niger delta)

But NDA are yet to make a press release, let it not be that the government has been scammed for the second time!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Dcomrade(m): 12:29pm On May 29, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by ganisucks(f): 12:33pm On May 29, 2016
Innovator90:
STOP DECEIVING PEOPLE WITH MISLEADING HEADLINE...DID YOU READ THE ARTICLE? THEY ARE PLEADING WITH THE MILITANTS TO STOP THE BOMBINGS...NO AGREEMENT WAS REACHED!
The Federal Government and ex-militants
have
resolved to end the ongoing pipeline
vandalism in
the Niger Delta region, an official has said.
This is the first paragraph in the article.

4 Likes

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 29, 2016
proIgbo:
I thought the new sherifatimah wants to disable and destroy Niger delta avengers(if possible Niger delta)

But NDA are yet to make a press release, let it not be that the government has been scammed for the second time!
Hahahahaha E pain dis Ipod zombie.

God bless Niger delta

God bless Nigeria.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Godstraight(m): 12:44pm On May 29, 2016
sameer1212:
God bless Niger delta
God bless Nigeria.
so u don dey talk"God bless Niger delta"

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 29, 2016
Godgay:
so u don dey talk"God bless Niger delta"

READ BELOW IN BOLD OR GO BACK TO SCHOOL...I DON'T KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH THIS GENERATION. SMH!

The Federal Government and ex-militants have
resolved to end the ongoing pipeline vandalism in
the Niger Delta region, an official has said.
Paul Boroh, the Special Adviser to President
Muhammadu Buhari on Niger-Delta Matters and
Coordinator of the Amnesty Programme, said this
at the end of a meeting he convened in Benin.
Mr. Boro, a retired Brigadier General, told
journalists on Saturday night that the pipeline
vandalism in the Niger-Delta was reducing the
economic fortune of the country and inflicting
pains on Nigerians.
[b]He urged the agitators to dialogue with the
relevant authorities over their grievances and
shun destruction of oil installations.
He assured that plans were in the pipeline to
provide the ex-militants with welfare and a
housing scheme in addition to the existing
programme and projects.
Mr. Boroh stressed the need to find lasting
solutions to the current situation in the region.
The common factor is security challenges we are
facing in our areas, in our region that is affecting
the economy of the country.
“Personally it makes me feel bad that we don’t
know how to solve our problem.
“To you my comrades, it is our responsibility to
make sure that insecurity in our environment is
well sorted out. Please let us do everything we
can to make sure that doesn’t occur again.”
Mr. Boroh, who was optimistic about the success
of the meeting, said: “We have all resolved that
we will put our heads and hands and all in all
together to prevent the re-occurrence of this type
of thing.”
He assured oil firms in the country that the
Federal Government is dedicated to end the
problems associated with bombing.
“Collectively we (Federal Government and ex-
militants) have agreed to work as a team to
2prevent re-occurrence.
“We feel bad that it is happening, it is affecting
our economy and it is affecting development and
we are very concern about it.”
Some of the ‘militants’ who were present affirmed
to what the special adviser said and pledged to
support the federal government to bring lasting
peace to the Niger-Delta, the News Agency of
Nigeria reports.[/b]
(NAN)

5 Likes

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by hesiod: 1:02pm On May 29, 2016
If I'm to talk truth now nairaland would ban me.

2 Likes

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Surplus90(m): 1:04pm On May 29, 2016
until Niger Delta Avengers makes a statement on their website or twitter handle...I can't simply believe anything from this government..... not anymore.... angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Surplus90(m): 1:05pm On May 29, 2016
hesiod:
If I'm to talk truth now nairaland would ban me.
bros talk ur mind...whatever happens to freedom of speech

2 Likes

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Goddex: 1:05pm On May 29, 2016
]We have a fooolish ethno-religious president that felt he could successfully turn his back on a large section of the country which he calls 5%.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Brooklynsouth(f): 1:12pm On May 29, 2016
sameer1212:

God bless Niger delta

God bless Nigeria.
so its no longer "buhari crush and level the niger delta" but "God bless the niger delta" yorubas and double standards are like messi and football

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by cktheluckyman: 1:13pm On May 29, 2016
Unless Buhari reaches a truce with Tompolo,this will be an exercise in futility

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by NafeesaAA(f): 1:17pm On May 29, 2016
E bi like say " Our Dilector " go tanda for kuje prison bi dat

2 Likes

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by nairaman66(m): 1:19pm On May 29, 2016
The fear of NDA is the beginning of wisdom!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Bari22: 1:34pm On May 29, 2016
Good for the militant

1 Like

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by QuotaSystem: 1:46pm On May 29, 2016
Agreement or no agreement;

1. Nigeria remains one.

2. Tompolo remains a wanted criminal.

3. Nnamdi Kanu remains locked in his zoo cage.

You can take these facts to the bank.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by afanide: 2:03pm On May 29, 2016
Some Nairaland folks were already talking as if they were President Buhari's PERSONAL ADVISER undecided

1 Like

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Integrityfarms(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2016
Carefully avoiding threads like this !
Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by ricsman(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2016
ganisucks:
with due respect †̥♥ Nairaland Rule9, I have †̥♥ ask, is NDA a signatory partner in this new agreement. If not, then I suggest Paul Boroh tears up the accord A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ start again. My opinion.
ur first post I've seen that made sense....keep it up

1 Like

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by iflywithbuhari(f): 2:19pm On May 29, 2016
ricsman:
ur first post I've seen that made sense....keep it up
#IDon'tgetU. Do you want to yab him or praise him.

1 Like

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by mightyhazell: 2:23pm On May 29, 2016
sameer1212:

God bless Niger delta

God bless Nigeria.
God bless nigerdelta?? no more 'level their lands with military force'? Chameleon dey learn 4 where una dey walai cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by snadguy007(m): 2:24pm On May 29, 2016
tombraokoto:
I greet you my brothers the NDA in the name of the struggle. Anything rather than a final pullout of Nigeria is unacceptable. Except the 2014 confab is implemented.
Lol.... See sense, u dey ur house dey greet them, why u no follow them carry gun. Be like say nobody wan die

1 Like

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:29pm On May 29, 2016
So many bad news for ipodians these days! 1st NDA unveiled a currency different from biafra's, then this news of FG reaching an agreement is coming again! Too bad for Ipod!

3 Likes

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by NonFarmPayrol: 2:36pm On May 29, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Agreement or no agreement;

1. Nigeria remains one.

2. Tompolo remains a wanted criminal.

3. Nnamdi Kanu remains locked in his zoo cage.

You can take these facts to the bank.

and NDA replaces Nigeria defence academy cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 29, 2016
Thank God they have reached an agreement. There is a need to go beyond this and ensure a sustainable peace permeates the whole Niger Delta by looking into their demands. Some of their demands deserve the needed attention.

We can criticize their methods but we must not lose sight of their aims The struggle to attract the attention of the world to the plight of Niger Deltans has been on since the sixties. It was what led Adaka Boro to declare the Niger Delta an independent nation in February 1966. And what made Abacha send Saro Wiwa to the gallows.

President Buhari can write his name in gold by ensuring that lasting peace accompanied by material wealth returns to the Niger Delta. The people have suffered untold hardship because of the oil God blessed their land with. They deserve a better share of the oil proceeds.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are On Our Knees, Atiku’s Supporters Beg Obasanjo / Joe Anekhu Ohiani Has No Primary School Certificate — Senate / #100wasteddays Trending As Nigerians Take To Twitter To Review President Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.