Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,105 members, 7,860,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:40 PM

Straight From My Heart To President Muhammadu Buhari As He Celebrates One Year I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Straight From My Heart To President Muhammadu Buhari As He Celebrates One Year I (375 Views)

Mc Tagwaye Shakes President Buhari, As DSS Reacts (Photos, Video) / Photos Of President Buhari As He Resumes Work Today / APC's Promise Of Providing 3,000,000 Jobs In A Year: I Just Want To Remind PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Straight From My Heart To President Muhammadu Buhari As He Celebrates One Year I by informationAggo: 1:15pm On May 29, 2016
STRAIGHT FROM MY HEART TO PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI AS HE CELEBRATES ONE YEAR IN OFFICE - LATEEF ISHOWO

Dear Mr. President,
If it were to be around twenty years ago, I wouldn’t have bothered writing this letter; as I am sure it would not get to you. Many Nigerian leaders hardly read local newspapers and the few that do merely flip through the headlines. But thanks to globalization which has turned the world to a “global village”. If through no other means, I at least, have confidence in Nigerians on social media; they will share it until it gets to you.
Hence, let me hastily congratulate Your Excellency on your first one year in office. Indeed, 365 days in office must have enabled you to separate thoughts from realities and politics form governance. Looking back, May 29 2015 is like yesterday. Like many Nigerians, my heart was full of happiness, hopes and aspirations for a better Nigeria as I watched and listened to your inaugural speech where you made the axiomatic statement of “I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody”. Not only that, Your Excellency equally stated that “a few people have privately voiced fears that on coming back to office I shall go after them”. You said “these fears are groundless” and promised that “there will be no paying off old scores” and that “the past is prologue” so that you may concentrate on governance and forge the nation ahead. Beautiful as these words were, may I inform Your Excellency that Nigerians have started expressing doubts on your sincerity in keeping the above promises.

Click On Link Below To Continue Reading

http://www.aggonreporters.com/2016/05/straight-from-my-heart-to-president.html

(1) (Reply)

MY EPISTLE: Beyond Campaign Promises / Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year / Nday, June 20, 2016 'we Have The Right To Freeze Fayose's Account' - EFCC Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.