Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist (68468 Views)

A Nairalander's Experience With Bank Of Industry (documents Attached) / Bank of Industry YES Programme Round2 List Is Finally Out / Bank of industry Increases On-lending Fund For SMEs Under YES Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Greenpastures: 10:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
I got mine as well. I'm from South West (Osun State )
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by sabdaz: 11:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
From south west OYO state . Got an email with an error (wrong recipient) but, that has been corrected. Another email has been sent to me
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by 1Dray(m): 11:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
No peeps from southeast and south-south region on the beat?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Huskyfrancis(m): 10:53am On Jun 02, 2016
I received the mail too. I am from Osun State. I live in Lagos.

I just created a forum on the WhatsApp to keep all of us informed and to share such information that help us maximise this opportunity. Join us, please!

WhatsApp Number: 08038243730

Thank you and I hope we all get to see the end of the tunnel.

Komolafe F. Francis

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by edoman2016: 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
Please, how many candidates did bank of industry shortlisted for the next stage?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Huskyfrancis(m): 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
I received yesterday.

To help us maximize this opportunity, join our WhatsApp group to share such information as it goes in real time. Will you join us, pls!

I pray and hope we shall all laugh last.

Thank you.

Komolafe F. Francis
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by YourFatherYansh: 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
The same fairy tales....
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by 1Dray(m): 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2016
edoman2016:
Please, how many candidates did bank of industry shortlisted for the next stage?

The list showed 3,500 but mathematically using 17.5% of 40,000 people that applied, gives 7,000
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by mwhy(m): 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
I also received a mail. Add me to the WhatsApp group 08038977639
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by gbadeolu1: 9:20am On Jun 04, 2016
Pls add me to the group's Whatsapp: 08075948097
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Iroanuna(m): 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
Hi guyz, so wats next for us. I had BOI do not giv money, dey rather pay for d equipments u need. Is dis true?

Also, 3500 were successful and only 1200 wud
get d grant, dat means say dem still go screen out abt 1800 more people. Chaiii!

Another worrying factor is dat dis is not a grant but loan @ 9%.

Some1 shud pls confirm all these or clarify
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by nuhu(m): 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
In fact, I am totally discouraged been it a loan @ 1 digit. But let's see what we can taake awy from the online training....
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by 1Dray(m): 1:29am On Jun 06, 2016
Iroanuna:
Hi guyz, so wats next for us. I had BOI do not giv money, dey rather pay for d equipments u need. Is dis true?

Also, 3500 were successful and only 1200 wud get d grant, dat means say dem still go screen out abt 1800 more people. Chaiii!

The number was increased 1200 to 4000 (luckily the shortlist is not up to 4,000) when 40,000 people applied instead of 10,000 that they were expecting to apply.

2. What physical equipment would you give someone for eCommerce platform when he requires mainly working capital.

3. What is worrying in the fact that it's a loan and not a Grant? Weren't you aware it was a loan and not grant before applying? There are thousand and one peeps that wanted that space knowing it's a loan and not a grant but you ended up occupying the space and now worrying to the fact that it's a loan.

4 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by babystathopoulos: 1:41am On Jun 06, 2016
Iroanuna:

Also, 3500 were successful and only 1200 wud
get d grant, dat means say dem still go screen out abt 1800 more people. Chaiii!

BOI has always been known to give low interest loan, it isn't YOUWIN. If your business is not ready to take a loan now, i suggest you shouldn't waste your time on what you are not comfortable with. you can focus now on building your business with funds from family, friends even from your personals savings
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by oludarekehinde(m): 4:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
According to BOI "The online training will commence on Monday, 13th June, 2016. You will receive an email instruction on how to register for your online training in a few days"

Please, has anybody received mail about online training registration?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by shesAgem: 8:56am On Jun 07, 2016
Dear Applicant,

Congratulations again. You will receive instructions and video tutorials from Africa Management Initiative (AMI) on how to use the online academy learning portal.This aspect of this program is critical and forms part of your assessment please endeavour to participate actively.

Always check your spam / bulk mails for emails from AMI.

*Received this morning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ Iroanuna The fund is definitely not a grant but a loan. It says so on the YES application portal.

From my visit to BoI before they started the YES program, I was told that BoI funds machines and working capital should not be more than 10% of the total amount you are applying for BUT YES is different from their usual mode of operation so maybe this will not apply to us. Maybe a visit to BoI can clarify this. (If anyone finds out, please share here).

YES will have more than one stream in a year and the 1200 which was increased to 4000 applies to the total number of beneficiaries in a year. All their press releases say so. So let's not rest on our oars but do this training diligently to get the loan. It is not often you get a single digit loan for new businesses and without collateral. Commercial banks would normally take above 23% and that is not even simple interest.

The era of grants is over, no more free money. lipsrsealed
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by henrijin: 11:30am On Jun 07, 2016
i just got a mail from EDC and BOI with details of tge programme. i have filled the survey and will be signing the charter of commitment. wishing all of us that have gotten to this stage the best.

Note: it is not a grant like "youwin". this is a 9% loan with an initial 1% mangement fee. your eductional certificate or nysc certificate would be used as collateral.

Salute.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by nuhu(m): 11:42am On Jun 07, 2016
Pls add me 08038858132 to the whatsapp grp. The process seems to have begin where synergy is necessary.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by samint1: 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
I just received mine as well. Please kindly explain how this charter of commitment will be signed and SUBMITTED considering its in a pdf format. Thanks.
henrijin:
i just got a mail from EDC and BOI with details of tge programme. i have filled the survey and will be signing the charter of commitment. wishing all of us that have gotten to this stage the best.

Note: it is not a grant like "youwin". this is a 9% loan with an initial 1% mangement fee. your eductional certificate or nysc certificate would be used as collateral.

Salute.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by shesAgem: 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
I sent a mail to ask and was told to print it out, sign and keep it close by to remind me of my commitment.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by dyydxx: 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
shesAgem:
I sent a mail to ask and was told to print it out, sign and keep it close by to remind me of my commitment.

you're kidding grin

what a joke!
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by 1Dray(m): 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
shesAgem:

Lol... Was wondering where one was meant to submit that. I'm guessing we won't be needing to submit that, from what you said was their reply.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by femzo(m): 4:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
They just sent another mail now, notifying us on the charter. It should be printed, signed and kept for subsequent use.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by henrijin: 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2016
Dear YES Participants,

Thank you for reading the Charter shared in the previous email. If you haven't received it please send me an email to support@africanmanagers.org.

Many of you are asking what you should do with the Charter. Sincere apologies for not being clear on that. So here's what to do.....

After printing the Charter, sign it and put it somewhere on your desk as an everyday reminder of what you will be required to commit to during the programme.

We will be sending instructions for Steps 3,4 and 5 on Thursday, so don't worry about getting on the AMI Platform yet or completing the self-assessment. We'll do that from Thursday. We want all of you to get a chance to complete the pre-programme activities before we begin on all the courses on Monday-13th June.

Make sure to complete the pre-programme survey IF you haven't already, so that from Thursday we focus on getting familiar with the platform

We wish you the very best as you begin the programme!

Regards,

Bank of Industry Management

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by ChelseaDotCom: 6:58pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hello guys, add me to the whatsapp group too. 07032668153.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by oneking4all: 10:17am On Jun 09, 2016
Add me to the whatsapp group 08037373890
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by 1dorzine(m): 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2016
kindly add me too 07032353132
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by dannB(m): 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2016
Let's all share ideas on this thread and stop joining a whatsapp group. That's the best way we can all learn and contribute. Let's post here just like youwin guys have there thread too.No one is stealing anybody's ideas. For each of us to shortlisted means our different business ideas is feasible and unique.

6 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by oneking4all: 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2016
Did anyone get the mail for Thursday as stated in their last mail?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by oludarekehinde(m): 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
Yes Thursday mail was sent as promised, it about updating ur profile & some other things to fill b4 lecture starts on Monday. Regards
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by bumpadeals: 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2016
Hello house, Has anyone started any task on iCoach ie. the Goal setting and assessment of competencies. its not giving me access to these tools.
this is the message i'm getting.

our goals
The tools in iCoach are available only to AMI members. Please email us to enquire about membership today! info@africanmanagers.org or call us on: +254 20 525 9561.

Your competence
The tools in iCoach are available only to AMI members. Please email us to enquire about membership today! info@africanmanagers.org or call us on: +254 20 525 9561.

and i believe we have to finish this task before taking the courses. that is according to the mail sent this morning.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by J2k4real(m): 10:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
Saw my name on the list but haven't received any email, how do i confirm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Cosmas Maduka Preaching The Gospel By The Roadside In Lagos. Nigerians React / 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria / Exchange Rate Of Naira To Other African Currencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.