Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist - Business (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist (68471 Views)

A Nairalander's Experience With Bank Of Industry (documents Attached) / Bank of Industry YES Programme Round2 List Is Finally Out / Bank of industry Increases On-lending Fund For SMEs Under YES Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Rhard: 12:39pm On Dec 16, 2016
dont ever be discourage by what confused managers are saying here,some of them have not,registered their biz let alone submitting their biz plan to Boi,there are here narrating war story which they don't know about,they have not see the the guarantors form let alone speaking with relation officer assigned to them,they are confused set of people and complainer and tales bearer.instead of YESP participants to channel their grievances to the right direction to get positive response from the govt or Boi just like what Youwin3 did,they protested in Aso Rock 3days they were paid their money,immigration applicants which buriah canceled when he came into power,also sleep in aso rock gate for complete 3days they were absorbed into immigration service, recently FACON protested in national assembly and vow to protest inside aso rock villa and even seized their triumph,now they have been paid with bonus and entitlement the money that was not available later come out,In Nigeria only the violent takes it by force,if you don't protest nobody will know your suffering,it a very good tool to get the attention,when u go to our whatsap group chat unserious and unreasonable set of people posting useless and nonsense information.as confused and stupid they are they want to lure the intelligent ones in their confuse state. i want us to know that in corrupt country call Nigeria people have gotten their demand through right approaches not lamenting or wailing.we are 10 in my LGA all of us have submitted our loan applications to Boi and Relation officers has been aasigned to us each so be encourage and determine to do it,YESP is National program supported by federal govt and handle by Boi u shld understand what i mean.As for jethrolite and Co i will address them later.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by mujaheed08: 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
Well said. I dont know whwere they get these infomation
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by edoman2016: 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
I have also submitted my documents to BOI. Nothing about receipts for guarantee was demanded from me.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Adulphus(m): 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2016
edoman2016:
I have also submitted my documents to BOI. Nothing about receipts for guarantee was demanded from me.
I personally went to BOI office Enugu Branch to be precise and I was given the list of things to provided.

I have registered company, I have Guarantors and I even have the said Equity.

I was told that the certificate is not any form of security for the loan.

Get two Guarantors who worth 2x each of the amount you want.
The Guarantors are to get a Notarized statement of networth from the court and proof of assets (Receipts)

I will snap and send the list tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 3:30am On Dec 17, 2016
Adulphus:

I personally went to BOI office Enugu Branch to be precise and I was given the list of things to provided.
Did you see me replying anybody? Those who are slow but think they are fast are here trying to tell me I am saying what I do not know. I went as far as calling the regional manager of South East for BOI yesterday to tell him my predicament with getting guarantors and told him every other requirement was in place. All he did was to encourage me not to give up as I had come a long way.

All these people on top are talking like accepted business plan means you will get the loan.

My sources are Mr. Oghomi and Mr. Obaro. If you are truly a participant in the South South and South East, you must know them. Go to the whatsapp group created by graddev, the place is deserted. I can not put 2 of my loved ones in distress because of greed to collect loan.

This is one of the worst times to start a business in Nigeria especially with a loan. As for those who are saying we are making stories up, ride on and I wish you the best. Eventually, you will come to the stage where those of us who have thoroughly done their assignments are. Do not prepare your guarantors and let me see how BOI will disburse loans to you. As a matter of fact, I want to see that person that is conscious of what they are signing and actually become your guarantor. I just need to see 10 startups who actually got the loan from the 1200 of us who made it and I will agree I did not put in enough effort.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Sportize(m): 6:48am On Dec 17, 2016
Jethrolite:
Did you see me replying anybody? Those who are slow but think they are fast are here trying to tell me I am saying what I do not know. I went as far as calling the regional manager of South East for BOI yesterday to tell him my predicament with getting guarantors and told him every other requirement was in place. All he did was to encourage me not to give up as I had come a long way.

All these people on top are talking like accepted business plan means you will get the loan.

My sources are Mr. Oghomi and Mr. Obaro. If you are truly a participant in the South South and South East, you must know them. Go to the whatsapp group created by graddev, the place is deserted. I can not put 2 of my loved ones in distress because of greed to collect loan.

This is one of the worst times to start a business in Nigeria especially with a loan. As for those who are saying we are making stories up, ride on and I wish you the best. Eventually, you will come to the stage where those of us who have thoroughly done their assignments are. Do not prepare your guarantors and let me see how BOI will disburse loans to you. As a matter of fact, I want to see that person that is conscious of what they are signing and actually become your guarantor. I just need to see 10 startups who actually got the loan from the 1200 of us who made it and I will agree I did not put in enough effort.

Wow, u spoke so well here my brother, in short you have said it all... Let's see who will sign that form they call guarantor form after reading that thing, all I needed to be discouraged was the sight of that form, imagine me taking such a thing to someone I care for? Na na... It's total crap, like I said and will maintain, Boi can eat their loan, its either to remove the guarantor part wch for me is totally unnecessary or they kiss their beloved yes program good bye

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Sportize(m): 6:57am On Dec 17, 2016
Rhard:
dont ever be discourage by what confused managers are saying here,some of them have not,registered their biz let alone submitting their biz plan to Boi,there are here narrating war story which they don't know about,they have not see the the guarantors form let alone speaking with relation officer assigned to them,they are confused set of people and complainer and tales bearer.instead of YESP participants to channel their grievances to the right direction to get positive response from the govt or Boi just like what Youwin3 did,they protested in Aso Rock 3days they were paid their money,immigration applicants which buriah canceled when he came into power,also sleep in aso rock gate for complete 3days they were absorbed into immigration service, recently FACON protested in national assembly and vow to protest inside aso rock villa and even seized their triumph,now they have been paid with bonus and entitlement the money that was not available later come out,In Nigeria only the violent takes it by force,if you don't protest nobody will know your suffering,it a very good tool to get the attention,when u go to our whatsap group chat unserious and unreasonable set of people posting useless and nonsense information.as confused and stupid they are they want to lure the intelligent ones in their confuse state. i want us to know that in corrupt country call Nigeria people have gotten their demand through right approaches not lamenting or wailing.we are 10 in my LGA all of us have submitted our loan applications to Boi and Relation officers has been aasigned to us each so be encourage and determine to do it,YESP is National program supported by federal govt and handle by Boi u shld understand what i mean.As for jethrolite and Co i will address them later.

And you, what's your point here, are u saying complains should be done on protest or the complains here are false cos ur rant is double sided, pls make ur points specific

No body in their right minds will sign such a piece of documents endangering nd enslaving him self for your sake... Pls read the form ur selves and see the content nd further more what d guarantor must provide... Abah for how much na? Initially it was one guarantor bow it's two, finding one alone is almost impossible not to mention two... I have said it, no matter the condition for d guarantors, I will not go ahead with d process if this isn't reviewed.

Ps. Before you take that form to anybody at all, ask your self 'if you were in the position to be a guarantor, will u sign such a form?

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by edoman2016: 7:14am On Dec 17, 2016
This is so bad for BOI. It is a slavery relationship between us any them. Can't they emulate what CBN did for NYSC corpers in YEIDP? CBN had to change their guarantor conditions when they discover that it's too strict and later make it easy for them so that they can access the loan to fund their businesses.
Federal government made a huge mistake in partnering with BOI for the yes-p. BOI is just like commercial banks ready to frustrate beneficiaries of the loan. What made youwin Programme of Jonathan a success was because federal ministry of finance personally handle the disbursement of funds to winners. They did not partner with any banks. They did it themselves so all this stringent conditions would not come up.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2016
Sportize:

Ps. Before you take that form to anybody at all, ask your self 'if you were in the position to be a guarantor, will u sign such a form?
This is the true litmus test. Ask yourself if you will sign for anyone. I have even gone further to know BOI does not need any property receipt, but a bank account they can seize funds in and deduct their capital.

I kind of support the idea of protesting online though. If we can mobilize enough crowd then we should start the campaign.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by konos(f): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2016
@adulphus, please can you tell me the address for boi Enugu office. thank you
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 7:59am On Dec 17, 2016
edoman2016:
This is so bad for BOI. It is a slavery relationship between us any them. Can't they emulate what CBN did for NYSC corpers in YEIDP? CBN had to change their guarantor conditions when they discover that it's too strict and later make it easy for them so that they can access the loan to fund their businesses.
Federal government made a huge mistake in partnering with BOI for the yes-p. BOI is just like commercial banks ready to frustrate beneficiaries of the loan. What made youwin Programme of Jonathan a success was because federal ministry of finance personally handle the disbursement of funds to winners. They did not partner with any banks. They did it themselves so all this stringent conditions would not come up.
Now you are talking, we should look for a way to stop it and make them revert to the original arrangement. We have to write a strong plea to the president. Everyday on Twitter until we receive a positive reply.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by kassss(m): 10:12am On Dec 17, 2016
Talking about starting something won't solve it but doing it...if it has to be done online or any other means then lets start it not jx talking. We are more than 3000 candidates for the YES-p mehn! Dats not jx a number its a large crowd and we can change it. Let someone start a (captivating #tag)
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Rhard: 11:41am On Dec 17, 2016
Jethrolite:
Now you are talking, we should look for a way to stop it and make them revert to the original arrangement. We have to write a strong plea to the president. Everyday on Twitter until we receive a positive reply.
now you are talking
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by skylm: 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2016
Jethrolite:

Thanks my brother. By the time those guys reach a certain stage, they will know that it is not as they imagined. All u said about property certificate of occupancy is absolutely true, they will collect it before disbursement of d loan. I am speaking from experience, as I submitted all documents 9 weeks ago & they reiterated that after approval, I will have to bring certificate of those properties included in guarantor statement of networth.
The fact that not a single beneficiary has received the loan till date is enough to highten suspicion, as some submitted 3 months ago. We can all remember how they promised speedy processing of the facility, suggesting 4 to 6 weeks. Another discrepancy is how they demanded 1 guarantor from onset, only to renege and change it to 2 later. What kind of wickedness is that? Don't be fooled by their sseemingly friendliness when you visit them, they are not SME friendly. They are after big companies who will request millions and they, BOI staff, benefits from supplies of such expensive equipment. But for you & I, our startups don't matter.
But at least even if they refuse us the loan, we ve gained tremendous knowledge from AMI Training, and will be vital to our success as Enterpreneurs. As 4 me, I no longer stress myself because of BOI, but I remain resolute as an enterpreneur pursuing better means of funding my business. For those interested, Tony Elumelu Enterpreneurship Programme opens January 1st 2017 & u stand a chance to win a grant as much as BOI loan. Better options abound, keep looking but stay out of BOI trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
skylm:

Thanks my brother. By those guys reach a certain stage, they will know that it is as they imagined.
You truly know what's up, no one cares about us. Everyone else is making money aside us for whom the programme was created. BOI staff, learning consultants, hotels, transport companies, logistics companies. Every one else has made money except us.

But we will not go like that, we must realize we have also invested time and money in this programme. In my case, over 3 months spent doing assignments, writing tests and examinations. I traveled away from home for a week, fed myself and lodged in a hotel. No, I won't go away without letting the government know this is wrong. We are educated and must act as such.

Hence, if there must be a guarantor then the federal government should be our guarantor. Start sending tweets and messages to PMB on Twitter and Facebook. We must let them know nothing was said about guarantor in the beginning and that status quo must be maintained. We must campaign and campaign hard until the Federal Government orders BOI to release money to us.

The campaign starts now @Mbuhari, @NGRPresident, @BOINigeria.

There is a whatsapp group from where we can coordinate ourselves. If interested in joining please PM me so I can add you. Please spread the news. So we can send protest tweets daily until we get our money. If we do not fight, not a single person among us will access the money. Share on Facebook and whatever other groups already exist.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Sportize(m): 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2016
Jethrolite:
You truly know what's up, no one cares about us. Everyone else is making money aside us for whom the programme was created. BOI staff, learning consultants, hotels, transport companies, logistics companies. Every one else has made money except us.

But we will not go like that, we must realize we have also invested time and money in this programme. In my case, over 3 months spent doing assignments, writing tests and examinations. I traveled away from home for a week, fed myself and lodged in a hotel. No, I won't go away without letting the government know this is wrong. We are educated and must act as such.

Hence, if there must be a guarantor then the federal government should be our guarantor. Start sending tweets and messages to PMB on Twitter and Facebook. We must let them know nothing was said about guarantor in the beginning and that status quo must be maintained. We must campaign and campaign hard until the Federal Government orders BOI to release money to us.

There is a whatsapp group from where we can coordinate ourselves. If interested in joining please PM me so I can add you. Please spread the news. So we can send protest tweets daily until we get our money. If we do not fight, not a single person among us will access the money. Share on Facebook and whatever other groups already exist.

You av shown what true character is... I must applaud you... I wish most of us will put as much effort as u nd I here

@shesagem, what do u av to input on this

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by itzeminent: 7:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
Rubbish Programme. No beneficiary yet.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 8:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
itzeminent:
Rubbish Programme. No beneficiary yet.
lol
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by shesAgem: 10:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
I wish we could have someone who has a thorough knowledge of the required steps to put us through.

That way we'll know the topic of our protests. Also what is fact & what is fiction.

At the moment I have nothing to say because I really have not heard any of these conditions(Payment on submission, Minimum net worth,
Landed Property collateral, etc) from any BoI staff, just on this thread.

The only conditions I have heard of are:
1. Specific grade and profession of our guarantors
2. Their salaries must be enough to pay our monthly principal + interest repayments in case of default
3. They must still be in paid employment for the duration of our loan

But as some people have pointed out, maybe I'm not at that stage yet. Let us keep working towards the path that will lead to success whether it's finding out more information or protesting or both. Still, let's not be discouraged.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 3:13am On Dec 18, 2016
shesAgem:
I wish we could have someone who has a thorough knowledge of the required steps to put us through.

That way we'll know the topic of our protests. Also what is fact & what is fiction.

At the moment I have nothing to say because I really have not heard any of these conditions(Payment on submission, Minimum net worth,
Landed Property collateral, etc) from any BoI staff, just on this thread.

The only conditions I have heard of are:
1. Specific grade and profession of our guarantors
2. Their salaries must be enough to pay our monthly principal + interest repayments in case of default
3. They must still be in paid employment for the duration of our loan

But as some people have pointed out, maybe I'm not at that stage yet. Let us keep working towards the path that will lead to success whether it's finding out more information or protesting or both. Still, let's not be discouraged.
You are already at the stage but you do not know it yet because you're not asking the right questions. After getting people that are qualified and willing to be guarantors, start the process of acquiring their statement of notarized net worth. That aside go to Boi website and login with the details they sent you. Everything we are talking about here is in that form. The earlier we start the process the better.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Sportize(m): 11:02am On Dec 18, 2016
Ah... Sheagem, what are u talking about... Or I should assume you aren't part of this program or probably not going for the loan cos u can't tell me you as a batch A Applicant u haven't seen the guarantor form... OK, lemme show u, I have it here in black and white...

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by skylm: 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
a hash tag #BOIYESPISUNFAIR has been created on twitter, all concerned can tweet & retweet their YES P experience to @Mbuhari @NGRPresident @NGRPresident @ngrsenate @akandeoj @mobilepunch @premiumtimesng & any other media agency to arouse d attention of the authorities. Thanks, remember, "together we stand, divided we fall".
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by skylm: 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2016
Jethrolite:

plx @ Jethrolite add this number t9 whatsapp group 07011706611
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by dexter1983(m): 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2016
skylm:

plx @ Jethrolite add this number t9 whatsapp group 07011706611

Add mine too. 08166801354
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Adulphus(m): 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
konos:
@adulphus, please can you tell me the address for boi Enugu office. thank you
Enter Estate behind Centra bank. Suit 47..
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Adulphus(m): 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
Adulphus:

I have registered company, I have Guarantors and I even have the said Equity.

I was told that the certificate is not any form of security for the loan.

Get two Guarantors who worth 2x each of the amount you want.
The Guarantors are to get a Notarized statement of networth from the court and proof of assets (Receipts)

I will snap and send the list tomorrow.
Things to bring for the boi loan...
The copy I said I will send

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Boomark(m): 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
Jethrolite:

My moral dropped immediately I saw the guarantor form. Some of us lost hope during the in-class training because they know what it is to get someone to guarantee a loan at this point in time. This program is target at the unemployed graduates. Those who have rich relatives or guarantors can as well get a job through them. This program should benefit those it is meant for, not the rich getting richer because they are privileged to have people stand-in for them.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by RealityShot: 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sportize:

Wow, u spoke so well here my brother, in short you have said it all... Let's see who will sign that form they call guarantor form after reading that thing, all I needed to be discouraged was the sight of that form, imagine me taking such a thing to someone I care for? Na na... It's total crap, like I said and will maintain, Boi can eat their loan, its either to remove the guarantor part wch for me is totally unnecessary or they kiss their beloved yes program good bye
loan money wey dem go done use do .mmm since!
mtchewww.. Naija ogas at the top wahala continues
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by RealityShot: 6:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sportize:

You av shown what true character is... I must applaud you... I wish most of us will put as much effort as u nd I here

@shesagem, what do u av to input on this
you all should arrange and talk with one of the news agencies..or simply send story to naij.com.ng editor.. then other news papers till FG reacts

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Sportize(m): 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
I don't know who is running dat whatsapp group but I made a point nd I was removed for not being unreasonable like the admin whom I don't know... Well I thought the idea was all about d difficult conditions attached to guarantors form didn't know dey had other motives

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Cosmas Maduka Preaching The Gospel By The Roadside In Lagos. Nigerians React / 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria / Exchange Rate Of Naira To Other African Currencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.