Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church (2556 Views)

. / See What Scammers Sent To Me Today / See The Message MTN Sent To Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by Elxandre(m): 5:43pm On May 29, 2016
I woke up this morning at 6:30am, and Immediately noted I had to make it to church by 7am on the dot to get a nice port to plug my Lumia 520 and the Galaxy S4 I had with me.
You know how we roll. wink

Now, before you start to think of me as an opportunist motivated only by "Phone charging" in church, you might want to know we have had zero watts of electricity for 80 days in my street, and with fuel prices no longer friendly, 'charging in public places ti take over' cheesy

I hurried into the church 5 minutes late, and immediately hurried to where the wall sockets are....... and I had some though calculations every persons accustomed to 'public charging' is familiar with; how do I create space for two plugs in the midst of several phones

Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by Elxandre(m): 5:44pm On May 29, 2016
I immediately tried using my wall socket extension to create space for my phone.

By this time, service had commenced and was fully in a vibrant atmosphere of praise and worship.

Determined not to get stuck with the troublesome situation of my phone chargers not finding breathing space, (after all what's fun on a Sunday without a hundred percent battery to cool off at home) I plugged in my wall socket extension, and then plugged in the extension box I met occupying the wall port to it.

I plugged in my phones with a deep sigh of relief, only to look up within moments and found the extension box wire spilt in two, decimated by heat. shocked

I was still wondering "what the hell" when a fair skinned lady prodded me on the shoulder and said, "what happened to my extension box?" sad

Me: "It got blown up Let me go get my extension at home"

I was feeling bad because several phones were connected to the Extension device, and this was my motivation for rushing back to my home which is just a stone-throw away.

I got back irritated by the troubles I had gone through already, and got my stufff plugged then settled into my seat for the next 1 hour 30 minutes.

At the end of the service, I was already getting set to pack up my stuff and head home, only for this lady to approach me again.
Lady: "What happened to my extension box?"
Me: it got blown up smiley

Lady: "You blew up my extension box"
Me: "I didn't, it just happened"

Lady: "Whats going to happen now?"
Me: "It's not my fault it got blown up"

Lady : "What's going to happen now"?
Me :"Okay, Are you going to take mine?"

Lady :"Better"

She took it off me and left me with her Burnt box which got burnt because it had wires as soft as thread in it's innards, as I didn't even plug a single thing to it.

Now, I just finished joining them back together, and I'm here wondering if it's in good order tonight for my next adventure as a "Public Charging Personnel"......

1 Like

Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by DLondonboiy: 7:38pm On May 29, 2016
thank you...thank u for wasting my time.... way to go bro!

7 Likes

Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by selfdefence: 8:07pm On May 29, 2016
That's the price you had to pay
Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by funkyjms: 8:14pm On May 29, 2016
Lady : "What's going to happen now"?
Me :[s]"Okay, Are you going to take mine?" [/s]

Demmit! Don't do this next time.

1 Like

Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 29, 2016
For better service life, Change the wire up to the thermostat or meter to copper wire.
The one used in house wiring, it can carry much load without burning.
Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by Elxandre(m): 10:36pm On May 29, 2016
LuckyAgbaze:
For better service life, Change the wire up to the thermostat or meter to copper wire.
The one used in house wiring, it can carry much load without burning.
Sure that's what I did.

The wire in it was a joke.
Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by Elxandre(m): 10:37pm On May 29, 2016
DLondonboiy:
thank you...thank u for wasting my time.... way to go bro!
grin

No vex abeg... cool
Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by Elxandre(m): 10:40pm On May 29, 2016
funkyjms

Lol..

I might have appeared as a jerk if I didn't give her, due to her erroneous belief it was my fault.
Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by xe4gals(m): 11:18pm On May 29, 2016
funny post, funny op grin grin
Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by Opistorincos(m): 12:30am On May 30, 2016
@op u fvck up o.... wetin i bin dy expect b say dem steal ur phones
Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by Oyimzy(m): 12:33am On May 30, 2016
That extension box doesn't last at all... Mine got burnt in the afternoon...
Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by lonelydora: 5:59am On May 30, 2016
Hmmm
Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by Elxandre(m): 11:17am On May 30, 2016
Opistorincos:
@op u fvck up o.... wetin i bin dy expect b say dem steal ur phones
Na your phones dem go steal. grin
Re: See What Power Outage Cost Me Today In Church by Fundango: 3:07pm On May 30, 2016
Elxandre:

Na your phones dem go steal. grin
i would be waiting for your next adventure. grin Pls do make sure you share it with us. grin

(1) (Reply)

3 Fastest Ways Of Downloading Video On Youtube / MTN Pulse Midnight Browsing Has Stopped Working / Offers NG: Introducing The MarketPlace For EveryOne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.