Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday (51824 Views)

Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria / Yeni Kuti Speaks On Surprise Engagement / Salawa Abeni Celebrates Her 55th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by lalasticlala(m): 6:18pm On May 29, 2016
Yeni Kuti, daughter of Fela Kuti got a surprise marriage proposal from her longtime beau, Theo Lawson, as she celebrated her 55th birthday on Tuesday.

Yeni-Kuti-with-her-fiancé-Theo-Lawson

On Tuesday May 24, 2016, Yeni Kuti, eldest child of the late Afrobeat legend, Fela Kuti got a surprise marriage proposal from her longtime partner, Theo Lawason at the Prince of Anthony Hotels (formerly called called Hotel Parisona), the same place her late dad contracted his historic marriage of 27 wives.

The event was a surprise party put together by Mallam Abdul Okwechime and Akin Adeoya, of the Hotels 1960, owners of the Prince of Anthony, to mark her 55th birthday.

The birthday party which saw an impromptu performance from Yeni’s younger brother and Afrobeat maestro, Femi Kuti started at 7pm with an emotional outburst from the guest of honour, Yeni, upon walking into a hall full of family and friends waiting to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to her.

Yeni revives her father's legacy with Felabration

All day long she had thought Theo Lawson, her fiancée was taking her on a get-away, to a place where no one would disturb them.

When Theo finally picked her up at the New Afrika Shrine, after her programme ‘Your View,’ on TVC, it was indeed to a serene hotel in Anthony Village, Prince of Anthony.

The Kutis unite for Yeni

When Theo ushered Yeni into the hotel’s Chinese restaurant as part of her private birthday treat, she almost collapsed, because waiting there were friends and family including Femi Kuti, her colleagues at TVC, the Kuti clan, childhood friends, and a host of other associates all numbering about 50, who burst into a ‘Happy Birthday’ song.

Femi Kuti, Seun Kuti and Dr. Dotun Ransome-Kuti – the eldest of the Kuti clan and Kunle Kuti all took turns to pour encomiums on her.

And when Theo Lawson, her partner of over five years proposed marriage to Yeni, the hall erupted with cheers.

Other musicians who performed at the birthday bash include Ade, guitarist and singer Aduke and the ageless Jimi Solanke.

Yeni, fomer husband, late Segun and their daughter, Rolari.

Yeni was married to Femi Segun, a veteran broadcaster, who died a few years ago from injuries he sustained from a bike accident. Their union is blessed with a daughter, Rolari.

http://thenet.ng/2016/05/yeni-kuti-engaged-on-her-55th-birthday-at-the-same-venue-her-late-dad-married-27-wives/

Yeni Kuti ageing gracefully at 55

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by buygala(m): 6:19pm On May 29, 2016
'Engagement' means nothing these days sad... it is majorly used as a ploy by dudes to keep sampling the Puna exclusively sad

For a woman at 55, I don't even know if it's proper or even 'moral' to congratulate her on her engagement,while some of her mates are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversaries sad... Announcement of her wedding Owambe will be more congratulations - worthy smiley..... So in the meantime...

FVCKGRATULATIONS to them cool

Modified...

And for all those quoting me and telling me to read the story again,I read it and comprehended it better than you all cool... whether she has previously had 9 late husbands is irrelevant.... Engagement is mostly a scam for ladies at any age, much less at a possibly post-menopausal 55 years undecided.... if they wanna get married, they should do so straight-up and quit all these 'Engagement' melodrama undecided

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 29, 2016
Congrats ma.

The poster above me smokes undiluted Oshogbo weed grin

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by prestige2013: 6:20pm On May 29, 2016
God bless their Union.

7 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by nikkypearl(f): 6:24pm On May 29, 2016
Good for her! Her tommy is sexy cool

3 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by osesology(m): 6:24pm On May 29, 2016
At 55, she still looks astonishingly beautiful! Pls, how old is the man? And how come he is just proposing now?

15 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 29, 2016
she's fine, happy for her smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Duru009(m): 6:25pm On May 29, 2016
Wish her all the best......

Dont ever give up ladies. You can still marry dat man of ur dream at any age.

5 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 29, 2016
nikkypearl:
Good for her! Her tommy is sexy cool
gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by iphunanya(f): 6:28pm On May 29, 2016
Congrats to her.

This shows its never too late to find love smiley

7 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Akshow: 6:35pm On May 29, 2016
It's never too late.

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 29, 2016
Live your life! Age is just a number. There is no too old to be happy and in love. kiss

15 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by SUPOL(m): 6:37pm On May 29, 2016
Witch one is Mallam Abdul Okwechima

4 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by JustHere2Observ(f): 6:38pm On May 29, 2016
buygala:
'Engagement' means nothing these days sad... it is majorly used as a ploy by dudes to keep sampling the Puna exclusively sad

For a woman at 55, I don't even know if it's proper or even 'moral' to congratulate her on her engagement,while some of her mates are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversaries sad... Announcement of her wedding Owambe will be more congratulations - worthy smiley..... So in the meantime...

So when is it "proper" or "moral" for a woman to be engaged or married?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by mercyymai(f): 6:38pm On May 29, 2016
Congratulation grand ma
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by yinkslinks(m): 6:39pm On May 29, 2016
You are wicked lol. let dem be baby mama first ooooo and get married at 55 shaaa.
Duru009:
Wish her all the best......

Dont ever give up ladies. You can still marry dat man of ur dream at any age.
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Safemode(m): 6:39pm On May 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by truthspeaks: 6:40pm On May 29, 2016
She try. Dis shows its always never too late so far u r alive

2 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by opius: 6:40pm On May 29, 2016
buygala:

Read the story very well..

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by kossyablaze(m): 6:40pm On May 29, 2016
Cuties
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by youngwarlocks: 6:41pm On May 29, 2016
see belle.....sexy one
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by hahnsmall: 6:41pm On May 29, 2016
buygala:

If you had bothered to read the post you would have noticed she once had a husband but he died. Next time, buy a brain instead of gala undecided

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by lorbah001(m): 6:41pm On May 29, 2016
buygala:

Pls read!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 29, 2016
Will you peeps above just take time to read before posting your comments, please?

gosh!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by kossyablaze(m): 6:41pm On May 29, 2016
buygala:

If I tear u slap ehen

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by oriflamebaby1(f): 6:43pm On May 29, 2016
I wish them a happy life together!

2 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by buygala(m): 6:43pm On May 29, 2016
JustHere2Observ:

So when is it "proper" or "moral" for a woman to be engaged or married?

Getting engaged isn't even proper these days.... Getting married straight-up is cool

Too many vaginas have been laid desolate and their owners' time magnificently wasted all in the name of "my fiancee" undecided .... I really wonder when ladies will start having sense in this regard sad

4 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by gurunlocker: 6:43pm On May 29, 2016
That woman in yellow no get joy?
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by onadana: 6:44pm On May 29, 2016
More like formalizing the side chick or is it elevating?
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Psplove: 6:44pm On May 29, 2016
smiley kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gospel Singer, Chinedu Nwadike, Buried (Photos) / Benedicta Elechi: I Caught My Ex-Husband, Paul Odekina Having Gay Sex (Video) / Davido's Daughter, Imade In Church With Her Mum (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.