Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday (51843 Views)

Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria / Yeni Kuti Speaks On Surprise Engagement / Salawa Abeni Celebrates Her 55th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by benji93: 9:41pm On May 29, 2016
buygala:
'Engagement' means nothing these days sad... it is majorly used as a ploy by dudes to keep sampling the Puna exclusively sad

For a woman at 55, I don't even know if it's proper or even 'moral' to congratulate her on her engagement,while some of her mates are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversaries sad... Announcement of her wedding Owambe will be more congratulations - worthy smiley..... So in the meantime...

FVCKGRATULATIONS to them cool

Modified...

And for all those quoting me and telling me to read the story again,I read it and comprehended it better than you all cool... whether she has previously had 9 late husbands is irrelevant.... Engagement is mostly a scam for ladies at any age, much less at a possibly post-menopausal 55 years undecided.... if they wanna get married, they should do so straight-up and quit all these 'Engagement' melodrama undecided
Common, study to show thineself approved.Thts so callous of you. You did not digest the news properly. 'She was married. Her husband died in an accident'
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by crackhouse(m): 9:51pm On May 29, 2016
SUPOL:
Witch one is Mallam Abdul Okwechima
that's an igbo brother that wish to mingle with mallam.
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by CUM4WHAT(m): 10:13pm On May 29, 2016
nikkypearl:
embarassed be nice on a sabbath at least
i waaps told to be nice but not to shy away from d truth or say yes wen i meant to say No. kabish.... stop decievn pple...... as a matter of fact, u have a flat tommy and kuti's own iz no way as cute as yurs.
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by greggng: 10:41pm On May 29, 2016
I don't care what bad belle people re saying here. She is such a beautiful and talented woman. She knows how to takecare of herself. May God bless ur marriage anty yeni. I love u
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Marotzke(m): 11:32pm On May 29, 2016
For all of you indomie generation who don't know Mallam Abdul Okwechime (not Okwechima). He is no other person than Ndubuisi Okwechime.

Showbiz impressario and prominent media personality in the 90s. (Age group of Yeni and femi kuti).
Unlike now ,serious "owu" blow celebrities of the 90s no be small o.
The way out then for some dashing dudes was to marry some rich older women to de hold body until their ship arrives.
Richard Mofe Damijo (RMD) married May Ellen Ezekiel (MEE) make hunger no finish son of man.
Atunyota Alleluia (Ali Baba) married Trinidad and Tobago born Patricia Leon to keep body and soul together.
Ndubuisi Okechime married ,abi just de knack Safinatu Mohammed Akpako. So to dey maintain, bobo add Abdul to his name to continue to de jolly.
Before any of una go talk any how, the relationship produced a boy (who is older that most of you indomies) before Safinatu passed away from cancer.
Now RMD, Ali BABA and Mallam Abdul are confirmed Big boys , who are successful. Their ships finally arrived.

Thank me later for the history lesson.
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by oshaosha2014(m): 12:32am On May 30, 2016
lwtmb. "vaginas laid desolate"... lol.
buygala:

Getting engaged isn't even proper these days.... Getting married straight-up is cool

Too many vaginas have been laid desolate and their owners' time magnificently wasted all in the name of "my fiancee" undecided .... I really wonder when ladies will start having sense in this regard sad
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by gasgenius(m): 12:42am On May 30, 2016
MizTyna:

To each his own. If you think it's a scam,cool. Not everyone does. Doesn't mean those who believe in it should be put down or follow your rules. And why is her age an issue? If it were to be a man would you feel same? Anybody can get married at any age once you're an adult. If it's 70years,fine. Dem no dey catch latecomer for marriage
read well he was not talking of marriage but engagement which is nothing this days
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by gasgenius(m): 12:45am On May 30, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Are you telling me she is too old to marry. My friend's mother remarried after she lost her husband 14years ago. She remarried at age 50. I even support this than having multiple lovers.
For the singles ladies and single mothers out there, it is not over, don't lose hope, you can still find a good man that would love unconditionally.
na marriage u talk na engagement he talk , read wisely ....
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Dez80(m): 7:30am On May 30, 2016
buygala:
'Engagement' means nothing these days sad... it is majorly used as a ploy by dudes to keep sampling the Puna exclusively sad

For a woman at 55, I don't even know if it's proper or even 'moral' to congratulate her on her engagement,while some of her mates are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversaries sad... Announcement of her wedding Owambe will be more congratulations - worthy smiley..... So in the meantime...

Modified...

And for all those quoting me and telling me to read the story again,I read it and comprehended it better than you all cool... whether she has previously had 9 late husbands is irrelevant.... Engagement is mostly a scam for ladies at any age, much less at a possibly post-menopausal 55 years undecided.... if they wanna get married, they should do so straight-up and quit all these 'Engagement' melodrama undecided

You are such a VERY SAD fellow
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:31am On May 30, 2016
gasgenius:
na marriage u talk na engagement he talk , read wisely ....
Mr wise, what leads to marriage? Engagement.
Are you telling me you will jump into marriage without engagement. Oga you no get talk for mouth.
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by AdeDa2: 7:56am On May 30, 2016
The woman and her fiancé are decent. Instead of sneaking around secretly they are doing it the God way. Congratulations Madam, congratulations responsible daddy. May God bless your union.
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by iamdstar(m): 8:50am On May 30, 2016
buygala:

Modified...

Their relationship is not about sex or having children because they've both been married before and have kids. what is leading them on is their desire for companionship.
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by gasgenius(m): 11:00am On May 30, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Mr wise, what leads to marriage? Engagement.
Are you telling me you will jump into marriage without engagement. Oga you no get talk for mouth.
Mr get talk for mouth , na who engage they marry ?, engagement is nothing just like glorified girlfriend , the guy can say give me , me ring and is over . At her age that too childish . Even Even mature people don't reason engagement they do introduction and marry in few weeks . Even our culture dont know what engagement means but introduction
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:11pm On May 30, 2016
gasgenius:

Mr get talk for mouth , na who engage they marry ?, engagement is nothing just like glorified girlfriend , the guy can say give me , me ring and is over . At her age that too childish . Even Even mature people don't reason engagement they do introduction and marry in few weeks . Even our culture dont know what engagement means but introduction
Introduction=engagement for your own side abi.
You really get talk. mtcheww...
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by gasgenius(m): 12:44pm On May 30, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Introduction=engagement for your own side abi.
You really get talk. mtcheww...

Wrong quote , , that what u said . They different , engagement is just a symbol of iron on the finger
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by def111(m): 4:47pm On May 30, 2016
iphunanya:
Congrats to her.
This shows its never too late to find love smiley
u wan wait till you reach 55 abi ?
Re: Yeni Kuti Engaged To Theo Lawson On Her 55th Birthday by PapaOyoyo: 10:38am On Jun 05, 2016
Dez80:

You are such a VERY SAD fellow
Very sad I tell you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Marley: "I Am The Problem Of Nigeria, Not SARS, Not Police, Not FG" / Davido's Daughter, Imade In Church With Her Mum (Pics, Video) / Gospel Singer, Chinedu Nwadike, Buried (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.