Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,481 members, 7,826,824 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

A Nairalander's Experience With A Fulani Boy Todaya OPEN HEART (my Personal Expe - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / A Nairalander's Experience With A Fulani Boy Todaya OPEN HEART (my Personal Expe (481 Views)

Share your story,passion,experience with others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Experience With A Fulani Boy Todaya OPEN HEART (my Personal Expe by valexxy: 12:00am On May 30, 2016
A OPEN HEART (my personal experience today)
I made a new friend, today. He is maheed, one of those Fulani’s who acompany deir father and take deir cattle to graze. I was starring at them dis afternoon as dey brought deir cattle to my area to graze, I and some other neighbours through our fences consciously observed them as their sight scared us, due to the recent hapenings in Benue state, Maheed saw me and was coming close, we were worried "is he with a dagger, would he come and kill me ? ". I imagined this but stood watching him. He approached me with a smile and spoke pidgin uncle  "water for drink", I smiled back cos I felt all was well, I came down d fence went to d kitchen and brought 2 bottles of water for him, he was so happy even though I wished they were cold. He called on his brother who sang a song i didnt know as they drank the water, he told me how thirsty they had being, for hours but had no option as whoever they tried aproaching ran from them, tears dropped from my eyes, as he narrated his ordeal, cos I remembered years back how friendly as a kid I could be to the Fulani's, he was just 13years old but was intelligent enough to speak pidgin English. While I engaged him in this conversation, people around kept watching as if they expected the worst to happen. At a point his father called him, and my fear awoken "what wud he wnt to tel his son ?, may be scold him" I watched from my distance as they spoke and suddenly they both started walking towards my direction. I was so scared and didnt know what stil kept me ontop of my fence, I looked around the neighbours watching increased, and it reduced my tension as I felt a bit safe wit people I know around, as if they had being invited by the first onlookers when they noticed I might have gotten into trouble. I was home alone and how I got to know, that the fulani's were their was when I heared their cows mow in the bush behind my fence. Maheed father approached me and in pidgin, thanked me for the water and he told me of how he was helpless when his sons kept complaining of water as theirs had finished. I smiled and asked him if he wasn't thirsty, and he nodded his heard agreeing that he was, as usual I jumped down and brought a bigger bottle for him, he didn't seize looking at me in amazement, I believe he would have expected me to despise his children and himself, not too long he left and maheed gathered the bottles and brought them to me, with a thankful smile. I collected them, and refilled them again and while trying to jump on the fence again I sustained a big bruise that was painful, he had started directing the cows on their path when I signaled him, he ran to me and I handed him the leather bag wit d same 3 bottles of water, dis second time all filled, I asked him to take them along cos they might get thirty again. Also that they ran out of water because they had just a small container, my action again kept this young boy suprise, probably he never belived I could stil stretch my hands of generousity towards them. I had to make my last encounter very brief with him as I was in great pains over my fence climbing injury, as I tried to avoid him knowing I had wounded myself while trying to make them happy....
No matter how scared and brave I was, we all learnt 1 thing, not everyone believes in violence...
By the grace of God our country would get better, and we will truly see Jesus in our Neighbours, strangers and loved ones.

Good night | Valentine Ukah©
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With A Fulani Boy Todaya OPEN HEART (my Personal Expe by Mayor21(m): 12:06am On May 30, 2016
Story story
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With A Fulani Boy Todaya OPEN HEART (my Personal Expe by modestofynest(m): 12:11am On May 30, 2016
Send this ur super story to dos in Agatu and Nimbo and see there response this encounter won't calm anybody,

Please Niger delta University call off strike we done dey old for house oh
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With A Fulani Boy Todaya OPEN HEART (my Personal Expe by DjAndroid: 12:12am On May 30, 2016
THE ONES THAT KILL ARE SPECIAL GROUP ON A SPECIFIC ASSIGNMENT.
Re: A Nairalander's Experience With A Fulani Boy Todaya OPEN HEART (my Personal Expe by valexxy: 7:37am On May 30, 2016
Tell them

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Earn With Or Without A Skill, Freelancers, Low Earners, Copywriters, Others / [Closed] Gambling And Finance Writers (N2/word)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.