Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha (24798 Views)

Biafra : Photos From Ipob China 30thmay Biafra Remembrance Day / Heavy Military Presence At New Haven Estate, Iba, Lagos / Biafra Remembrance Rally In Onitsha Turns Bloody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by Thane(m): 9:26am On May 30, 2016
IPOB announced that today will be a remembrance day for fallen Biafran heros.Yesterday,some group of "joyless face" men suspected to be members of Niger Delta Avengers Militant group came to Nkpor Junction in Onitsha and payed obeisance to the statue of Late Ojukwu standing there.As at the time of writing this,Heavy Military presence is being felt in Onitsha,no movement of Vehicles,Closure of markets and office.There was also a moment of heavy gunshots at Nkpor Junction a couple of minutes ago .

@porschethane IG,twitter

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by theDEVILisHERE: 9:37am On May 30, 2016
People will still demonstrate

there's nothing they can do

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by cindybella101(f): 9:42am On May 30, 2016
You are talking about heavy military presence when they have already started shooting people at nkpor.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by ScotsReferendum: 9:46am On May 30, 2016
Thane:
IPOB announced that today will be a remembrance day for fallen Biafran heros.Yesterday,some group of "joyless face" men suspected to be members of Niger Delta Avengers Militant group came to Nkpor Junction in Onitsha and payed obeisance to the statue of Late Ojukwu standing there.As at the time of writing this,Heavy Military presence is being felt in Onitsha,no movement of Vehicles,Closure of markets and office.There was also a moment of heavy gunshots at Nkpor Junction a couple of minutes ago .

@porschethane IG,twitter

" Something Big Is About To Happen. "

Guess the people that said that .?

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by Thane(m): 9:47am On May 30, 2016
cindybella101:
You are talking about no military presence when they have already started shooting people at nkpor.

I said "heavy military presence" .Meanwhile Police intimidating civilians.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by carreport(m): 9:50am On May 30, 2016
We need peace in this country, i hope IPOB and NDA can drop this their agitation and join hands to make Nigeria great.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by cindybella101(f): 9:51am On May 30, 2016
Thane:

I said "heavy military presence" .Meanwhile Police intimidating civilians.
Typing error
Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by funkydislo: 9:55am On May 30, 2016
Don't let mi say what's on my mind.
Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by kettykin: 9:55am On May 30, 2016
The type of military that would resort to using hunger to starve millions to death disturbing unarmed protesters.
Sometimes I just believe the black race is cursed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:00am On May 30, 2016
Mtcheeew
Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by loopman: 10:09am On May 30, 2016
kettykin:
The type of military that would resort to using hunger to starve millions to death disturbing unarmed protesters.
Sometimes I just believe the black race is cursed

Do you expect people to feed you so you can be strong enough to shoot guns to kill them ?
The problem with you people is this your warped thinking that people should let you have it your way

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by kaka74: 10:10am On May 30, 2016
cindybella101:
You are talking about heavy military presence when they have already started shooting people at nkpor.

Yeeeeee my hometown ooooo pls elaborate #nkpor kwa wetin happen?
Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by loopman: 10:12am On May 30, 2016
As long as your politicians sit in the Nigerian chambers in Abuja, the security forces will repress any form of revolt and breach of public peace in your region.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by SirVintageCock: 10:13am On May 30, 2016
loopman:

Do you expect people to feed you so you can be strong enough to shoot guns to kill them ?
The problem with you people is this your warped thinking that people should let you have it your way
It is not warped thinking since they are not in prison. They have rights to agitate for what they want.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by DullardBuhari(m): 10:14am On May 30, 2016
[size=15pt]All hail Igbo's!!!!!![/size]

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by MrSly(m): 10:16am On May 30, 2016
loopman:

ignoramus, everything in life has law. Using starvation and killing civilians during war is crime not tactics.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by loopman: 10:18am On May 30, 2016
MrSly:

ignoramus, everything in life has law. Using starvation and killing civilians during war is crime not tactics.

Nonsense!
Nigeria simply controlled it airspace. They didn't come to destroy your farms or burn your food stores in your enclave

18 Likes

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by cindybella101(f): 10:23am On May 30, 2016
kaka74:

Yeeeeee my hometown ooooo pls elaborate #nkpor kwa wetin happen?
Some of the ipob protesters from different states came down to OSHA yesternight for the protest today so the military got Intel about were they were staying and went their to arrest them. They were much so they just teargassed them and arrest some of them and they also shot sporadically which killed some and injured many. This happened early in the morning around 2 or 3:00 am

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by kettykin: 10:24am On May 30, 2016
loopman:

Inasmuch as I don't expect any feeding and presently no body is feeding any body in the east.
I think calling what we have in Nigeria military as army is an insult to armies, the professional militaries we have all over the world should assist Nigeria build a professional army that would not shoot at unarmed protesters

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by kettykin: 10:28am On May 30, 2016
loopman:

The Nigerian military can as well go ahead and starve Cameroon to get back bakassi peninsular.
This just confirms that without the sabotage of farm lands in the east and the support of Britain and Soviet Union military Nigeria would have lost the war to a smaller biafran army.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by loopman: 10:29am On May 30, 2016
SirVintageCock:
I[s]t is not warped thinking since they are not in prison. They have rights to agitate for what they want.[/s]
Rubbish

8 Likes

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by loopman: 10:30am On May 30, 2016
kettykin:

The Nigerian military can as well go ahead and starve Cameroon to get back bakassi peninsular.
This just confirms that without the sabotage of farm lands in the east and the support of Britain and Soviet Union military Nigeria would have lost the war to a smaller biafran army.

Try it again and see if it would be any different this time. grin

9 Likes

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by Yyeske(m): 10:33am On May 30, 2016
If you are in or around Onitsha, please be careful, gunshots since morning around Nkpor roundabout.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by nyabingi(m): 10:37am On May 30, 2016
I'm currently on the Owerri-Onitsha axis heavy military presence everywhere but they are going about it the most clueless way, passengers are disembarked and are asked to raise their hands as they pass military checks without any form of physical searching while the vehicles are allowed to pass with only the driver. IPOB members are actually passing without being detected even with arm

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by Yyeske(m): 10:39am On May 30, 2016
Gunshots till now, has the war started?
Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by kettykin: 10:42am On May 30, 2016
loopman:

Try it again and see if it would be any different this time. grin

I would have told you my mind but for the mods in this bulletin who choose to show emotions over people's expressions, so I leave it at that

1 Like

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by loopman: 10:43am On May 30, 2016
Good!
Biafra or you die!
You should be cursing Azikwe and Ironsi for putting all of us in this nonsense at different times
As usual, the war will take place in your region and we watch here.

14 Likes

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by loopman: 10:44am On May 30, 2016
kettykin:

I would have told you my mind but for the mods in this bulletin who choose to show emotions over people's expressions, so I leave it at that

As long as your refrain from breaking the rules, say your mind

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Remembrance Day In Onitsha: Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha by ENDTIMELIFE: 10:52am On May 30, 2016
AM PROUD OF YOU MY PEOPLE OF BIAFRA, IF I SAY WHAT IS IN MY MIND NOW THE IMBECILEE MOD HERE WILL BAN ME AGAIN.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Slams Ogun Government For Going To Watch Antony Joshua’s Fight / Chinese Loan: Selfish Lawmakers Have Put Nigeria In Jeopardy – Amaechi / Prince Ozo Okafor Supports Nnamdi Kanu At The ECOWAS Court. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.