Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers (43647 Views)

Underground For 2 Years, Tompolo, Still Looms Large In The Niger Delta / Niger-Delta Avengers Invites Buhari To Niger-Delta / Military Raids Tompolo's Home In Oporoza, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by Nnabugwu8590: 11:30am On May 30, 2016
Former Niger Delta militant leader,Government Ekpemupolo Sunday appealed to the renegade militants involved in recent attacks on oil and Gas pipelines in the Niger Delta region to stop and return to the negotiation table with the Federal Government in order to give peace a chance in the Niger Delta Region.

In a strongly worded letter to the newly formed terror group, the billionaire warlord, in a statement sent to SaharaReporters via email said though he is constrained to write the members of the Niger Delta Avengers group to put an end to this act of pipeline vandalism, the attacks will not do Nigeria any good, especially in this critical period of its economic history.

High Chief Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, in the letter he personally signed, Tompolo stated:

[b][b]"You members of the Niger Delta Avengers group are aware that some mischievous persons have continued to point accusing fingers at me that I am either behind you or directly carrying out the destruction of oil pipelines across the Niger Delta region. Therefore, I should be arrested by the Nigerian Military. Sadly, the military had bought this ethnic-induced and wicked accusation without a single proof to show that I am truly behind you people."

" On the other hand, some have suggested that you may be part of the multitude of characters I had catered for, from economically empowering from payment of school fees, hospital bills, and house rents and so on. And that as am out of circulation as a result of my travails in the hands of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), you might be tempted to strike out on your own for sheer survival."

"Whichever the case, I still maintain that I know nothing about your group and the destruction of crude oil facilities in the Niger Delta region. I have made it clear on many occasions that the issue I am having with the EFFC will not make me resort to violence, and the bombing of oil pipelines as my team of lawyers have already challenged the defective process of legal service on me in the Court of Appeal."

"I am a man of truth and peace, therefore, will not be involved in violent activities. That notwithstanding, for the love of country and out of patriotism, I wish to appeal to you once again to stop the bombing of oil facilities in the Niger Delta region, and embrace the path of dialogue with the Federal Government of Nigeria, as the government is ready to hear you out on whatever issues you wish to discuss with it. You guys know that I do not know you and how to reach you, except through the mass media."

" If truly as you guys claimed that you are fighting for the well-being of the people of the Niger Delta, then you must adhere to this appeal, otherwise, the World will label you as criminals. Come to think of the consequences of your actions in the region so far, particularly as it affects me and the people of Gbaramatu kingdom."

"Just yesterday, the Nigerian Army invaded the ancestral headquarters of the kingdom, Oporoza town, under the guise of looking for members of your group, particularly me, who they have wickedly linked to your group, and unleashed mayhem on the innocent people of the community. And this happened in my absence as I am currently out of Gbaramatu kingdom, but what I gathered from some of the victims of the Army invasion is unspeakable. Even pots of soup were not spared."

"The Army has massively looted resident homes, desecrated traditional places of worship, committed sacrilege, abominations and what have you. The army has continued to occupy the community till this moment. What a sad tale. One thing you should know is that government is not interested in its constitutional duty of protection of lives and the welfare of its citizens, rather it is interested in the continued flow of crude oil in the region. Therefore, it could do anything to make the oil flow, not minding the security and the welfare of the people. Remember, this same army arrested Chevron Nigeria Ltd staff and labelled them as members of the Niger Delta Avengers few weeks ago in one of the Communities in Gbaramatu kingdom."

"It took a spirited effort by the community and other well-meaning Nigerians to intervene for the release of those Chevron staff. This shows that the Nigerian Government can do anything to our innocent people in the communities in the guise of looking for members of the Avengers.
One other reason you guys must stop this new campaign of destruction is that the contractors in charge of repair works of attacked pipelines are equally culpable in the act of pipeline vandalism as they now sponsor their allays in the communities to continue to destroy pipelines to get more repair works. This is the sorry state we have found ourselves in the Niger Delta."

"To this end dear Niger Delta Avengers, you must put an end to this economic sabotage and allow the government to look into your demands now. I believe a word is enough for the wise. "[/b
][/b]

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/29/tompolo-begs-renegade-niger-delta-avengers-stop-destroying-oil-installations

9 Likes

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by Terry68: 11:35am On May 30, 2016
Nice speech.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by Terry68: 11:35am On May 30, 2016
Nice speech!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by bigboss80s(m): 11:44am On May 30, 2016
The government seems to be using a carrot and stick approach.
In the end, the only solution is dialogue. The problem is that right now these people are asking for the impossible ie their own republic and the release of Nnamdi Kanu.
The government must handle this one carefully since it brought this upon itself.
They should have maintained the status quo since they know that we don't have the capability to take on the militants.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by Nuezha(m): 11:44am On May 30, 2016
Tompolo, I took time to read your statement. I take nothing tangible out of it other than you playing "The Exonerationist"

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by omenka(m): 12:01pm On May 30, 2016
” If truly as you guys claimed that you are fighting for the well-being of the people
of the Niger Delta, then you must adhere
to this appeal, otherwise, the World will
label you as criminals. Come to think of the
consequences of your actions in the
region so far, particularly as it affects me
and the people of Gbaramatu kingdom.”
Yet some miscreants from the lost tribe Uganda would NEVER see anything wrong with the activities of those criminals since it isn't their land that is being affected.

I pray Chukwu Okike Alabama give you people some sense.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by ifex370(m): 12:12pm On May 30, 2016
omenka:
Yet some miscreants from the lost tribe Uganda would NEVER see anything wrong with the activities of those criminals since it isn't their land that is being affected.

This tin de pepper you ehn grin

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by malton: 12:15pm On May 30, 2016
bigboss80s:
The government seems to be using a carrot and stick approach.
In the end, the only solution is dialogue. The problem is that right now these people are asking for the impossible ie their own republic and the release of Nnamdi Kanu.
The government must handle this one carefully since it brought this upon itself.
They should have maintained the status quo since they know that we don't have the capability to take on the militants.

You talked sense on the one hand.

@ emboldened, how is it the fault of the government that a few disgruntled and misguided miscreants decided to take up arms against the state?

These are people without foresight of any sort erroneously parading themselves as champions of the very same place they are destroying.

Has the light outage not affected everyone at the lower rung of things equally?

Does the Aso Rock look even a bit darkened owing to this?

Who bears the brunt when all is said and done?

Violence has never been a good resort and will never be. Until we teach the people around us this one basic principle, we'll keep running in the same old cycles--destroy to rebuild!

Monies that should have been put into other use will end up going into repairs. How do you move forward with such mentality?

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by Achuwa1(m): 12:22pm On May 30, 2016
pmb only after oyel ever since he has worked under any government or has ruled.
this same oyel willl kill him one day if tht is all he wants in his life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by Osehnetworld(m): 12:24pm On May 30, 2016
d
Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by ScamChange(m): 12:30pm On May 30, 2016
Sensational.... "The government is not interested in its constitutional duty of protecting lives"..." Even pots of soup were not spared"... What a government. Smh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by malton: 12:34pm On May 30, 2016
Achuwa1:
pmb only after oyel ever since he has worked under any government or has ruled.
this same oyel willl kill him one day if tht is all he wants in his life.

Imagine the simpleton!

15 Likes

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by TSNG(m): 12:38pm On May 30, 2016
It's all about the oil
human lives in the Niger delta don't matter to the federal government
"One thing you should know is that government is not interested in its constitutional duty of protection of lives and the welfare of its citizens, rather it is interested in the continued flow of crude oil in the region. Therefore, it could do anything to make the oil flow, not minding the security and the welfare of the people."
One day NIGER DELTA would be liberated

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by TSNG(m): 12:38pm On May 30, 2016
It's all about the oil
human lives in the Niger delta don't matter to the federal government
"One thing you should know is that government is not interested in its constitutional duty of protection of lives and the welfare of its citizens, rather it is interested in the continued flow of crude oil in the region. Therefore, it could do anything to make the oil flow, not minding the security and the welfare of the people."
One day NIGER DELTA would be liberated

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by Luckylife(m): 12:57pm On May 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by sheguy(m): 1:30pm On May 30, 2016
2 wrong cant make a right!!! Its all abt d oil, in fact mk dis oil finish self so dat Buhari, Ipob Nda, Boko haram and all greedy agitation go b d thing of d past..

5 Likes

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by EbiJUNIRO(m): 1:33pm On May 30, 2016
Okay
Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 30, 2016
Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by salabscholar01(m): 2:03pm On May 30, 2016
See people's comments above, like chloro-quine injection. pinching my body ...
Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by discusant: 2:05pm On May 30, 2016
All these: Nigeria held hostage and one by Nigeria Army of Fulani/Kanuri/Hausa.

Buhari said they killed 2 million people to enjoy the crude oil they now enjoy; and are killing more.

Buhari clan use the undue large number of 20 new federating units (19 states + Abuja) and hundreds of local govt areas scattered by military dictators from Buhari clan all over one former northern region, but who left only 17 states in the two former southern regions. Huge Fraud.

The Buhari clan use these states and LGAs to suck up more of oil revenues from the south; and use the undue large political representation accruing from the states to stall every attempt at political restructuring, to indirectly present whoever must rule Nigeria.

This must stop!!!!

15 Likes

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by adioolayi(m): 2:05pm On May 30, 2016
Mr. Tompolo trying so hard to claim his innocence while x-raying the invasion of his kinsmen by the Military and painting their activities black...
Well...Dear Tompolo kindly submit yourself to the government... They need you at the Negotiation Table..; D grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 30, 2016
Hahahaha
Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by 4nobody4every1: 2:07pm On May 30, 2016
sad sad
Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by dipznano: 2:07pm On May 30, 2016
Booked

OK read, next undecided
Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 30, 2016
The message is still the messenger. Report yourself.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by Beehshorp(m): 2:08pm On May 30, 2016
This is the only Government I recognise in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by Hackerjay(m): 2:09pm On May 30, 2016
Na Wao... wonders shall never end...
Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by NorthernParrot: 2:09pm On May 30, 2016
Stop appealing your fellow renegades
Go and clear your self first!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by BUHARIDONMAD: 2:10pm On May 30, 2016
omenka:

tongue
omenka:

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by QuotaSystem: 2:10pm On May 30, 2016
That criminal should just surrender already.

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by crazymod: 2:10pm On May 30, 2016
Nnabugwu8590:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/29/tompolo-begs-renegade-niger-delta-avengers-stop-destroying-oil-installations

He should address the letter to IPAB . They are the ones sponsoring these good for nothing Avengers.

5 Likes

Re: Tompolo's Letter To Niger Delta Avengers by googlepikins: 2:11pm On May 30, 2016
The only thing Buhari and his family members want is our OIL.. God in heaven will arrest him soon. Mark my words

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Yusuf Bichi Magaji's Appointment As New DSS DG / Osun Election: EFCC Arrests APC Official Caught Buying Votes At Isale Osun / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari With Ezekwesili & A Little Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.