Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

You Have No Excuse_Football Says So! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / You Have No Excuse_Football Says So! (473 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Have No Excuse_Football Says So! by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 30, 2016
Excuses are like armpits, they stink but everyone's got one. We all, at some point in our lives have given excuses for not being able to achieve desired goals and targets. More often than not, these excuses are just there to placate our feelings of gross ineptitude.
The Big question is: Do you really have a tenable excuse for not being successful in your Business, Career, Academics or craft?. A lot of people might answer in the affirmative but the world of football begs to differ. Here are some excuses people give:

1. I AM BLACK OR MY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN MARGINALISED:

One's race or ethnicity more often than not, plays a huge role in determining how far one would go in a particular profession/career. No doubt racism has reduced over the years but it is still very much a burning issue in current times.

However, this is not a good enough excuse. The truth is, if you are so good at what you do, people (both haters and liners) would have no option but to acknowledge your prowess. How else would one explain the case of George Oppong Weah (a very black man from Liberia) winning the World footballer of the year in 1995.

2. I DON'T HAVE THE LOOKS OR STATURE:

This is another common excuse especially for those in the line of entertainment and sports. The likes of Antoine Griezmann and Lionel Messi would have a good laugh at anyone that gives such an excuse. Did you know that Griezmann was rejected by Olympique Lyon and several other clubs because they thought he wouldn't make a good striker due to his small stature? Well, look how he turned out.

Of course we all know Messi's story about how he was rejected by clubs because of his diminutive stature. Little did they know that he would turn out to be one of the game's greatest. Have you noticed how Wilfried Bony and Hulk look more like rugby players than footballers?

3. I DON'T HAVE THE RESOURCES:

A lot of people feel inferior because they do not have the resources to excel. Mr Claudio Ranieri, however, sees things differently. It's not just about what you have but how you are able to use what you have to your advantage.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole of Leicester city's season and how they were able to emerge winners in a League with Manchester United, Manchester city, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

4. I DON'T GET MANY OPPORTUNITIES:

Is this even an excuse?, do you really need lots of opportunities to succeed?. Truth is, in life you don't get infinite opportunities to do the right thing. Ask Cristiano Ronaldo (CR7), he'll explain better.

CR7 spotted an opportunity (in Sporting Lisbon vs Manchester united, 2003) where the rest of us saw just another football match. he performed so well that the Manchester united players urged Alex Ferguson to sign him.

5. I HAVE ANGER ISSUES:

So many people feel they can't go into certain professions (they'ld love to be in) because they have anger issues, well, here's some NEWS FLASH: YOU HAVE TO MANAGE YOUR ANGER!!!. Sometimes I wonder, how did the likes of David Beckham and Wayne Rooney become so cool headed? If you ever followed the early career of these players you would agree with me that they achieved significant progress in managing their anger at the latter stages. They Probably realised that failure to tame their raging temper would set their career on a collision course.

Shout out to all the People In customer service that get to deal with crazy customers on a daily basis but somehow, still manage to keep their cool.

6. I WANT TO KEEP MY MONEY UNDER THE PILLOW AND WATCH IT GROW INSTEAD OF SPENDING IT ON THE NEEDFUL:

In Life you can't eat your cake and have it; you have to spend money to get money. In the world of football you have to spend money to get quality players which would in turn translate to winning titles. A good example here is Arsene Wenger. This man has spent so much money in buying players and has 3 UEFA Champions League trophies, 5 EPL Titles to show for it.

Oh! wait a minute, it seems my memory has started to fail me at this point, Monsieur Wenger hasn't really won much, has he?. Please don't be a 'Baba Ijebu' Like him (Na Joke Ooo!!).
Re: You Have No Excuse_Football Says So! by Luizkid(m): 1:47pm On May 30, 2016
at a point i was wondering, what's this one saying??
Re: You Have No Excuse_Football Says So! by odinakainno: 11:43pm On May 30, 2016
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Muhammad Ali Has Died At The Age Of 74 / The Great Mohammad Ali Died Of Septic Shock / 10 Players You Won’t Believe Aren’t At The Copa América

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.