Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,496 members, 7,816,180 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Placard Carrying Girl, The Real Story You Need To Hear - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Placard Carrying Girl, The Real Story You Need To Hear (2107 Views)

Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) / Tony Elumelu Meets Placard-Carrying Jobless Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Placard Carrying Girl, The Real Story You Need To Hear by HomesOfLife(m): 2:34pm On May 30, 2016
The placard carrying girl whose picture went viral explains what really happened and why she carried the placard.

Lets hear her

My name is Lilian Chinyere Douglas-Ezeugo. I was born Dec. 3rd, 1993.

I carried the placard at Ikoyi-Lekki bridge.

Mrs Owen was one of the people who called me. She introduced me to Mr Tony Elumelu. In the meeting, he asked me why i did what i did. I told him that I didn't want to be among unemployed graduates and that was all. Though people started rumoring he gave me a job.

Then Forte Oil called for a test too.

Following that, I got an invite for a media forum with the Vice President. At the forum, we were given the opportunity to ask one question each. When it got to my turn, I asked him what plans the federal government have in preparing the teenagers and youth to overcome challenges of adulthood and what happens to youths without a purposeful mindset and are not mentally challenged, also those who are but do not have the support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ETcRZOH00s

I want people to understand that i did what i did to voice out. And that if nothing is done, it will get to a point where the youths will be involved in a violent protest.

I would like 'Leadership and Purpose' to to be a module in schools but since it is not, i would like to organize sessions with schools ranging from primary to university level introducing them to mind development courses, teaching them about leadership development, giving them a purposeful mindset that would make them meet their full potential. Imagine if school children and youths are developed socially, ethically, emotionally, physically and have cognitive competences, they would be able to analyze their weakness and strength, set vocational goals, have self esteem, confidence, motivation and participate in community life, effect a positive change and serve as role models.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Placard Carrying Girl, The Real Story You Need To Hear by oshobar(m): 2:55pm On May 30, 2016
Nice one from her. Hope she's able to achieve it.
Re: Placard Carrying Girl, The Real Story You Need To Hear by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 30, 2016
cool
Intelligent stuff
Re: Placard Carrying Girl, The Real Story You Need To Hear by macaranta(m): 4:58pm On May 30, 2016
cool
Re: Placard Carrying Girl, The Real Story You Need To Hear by elvision1(m): 5:10pm On May 30, 2016
Cool? So she had such ideas in mind and refused to implement it. But simply took to carrying placard becaure she didn't want to be jobless. THE TRUTH is just that she started having all these ideas from her comfort zone and not b4 the placard. Her statement is plain to understand

1 Like

Re: Placard Carrying Girl, The Real Story You Need To Hear by Standing5(m): 5:28pm On May 30, 2016
So what? When there is lucrative cocoa yam farming out there she is looking for posh job.

1 Like

Re: Placard Carrying Girl, The Real Story You Need To Hear by Rapsowdee01(m): 5:57pm On May 30, 2016
Dear fellow Nigerian youths, STOP WASTING YOUR TIME SEARCHING FOR JOBS !!!

There are more than a million ways to make it without getting to wake up as early as 5am and sleeping so late at 12pm !!!!!

#Proud_Mechanic !!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placard Carrying Girl, The Real Story You Need To Hear by KenyAyan(m): 9:26pm On May 30, 2016
What are you doing tomorrow evening? You could be learning very valuable ‪#‎cv‬ ‪#‎writing‬ ‪#‎skills‬ from Stutern. RSVP so you won't miss the live webinar + Q&A. Grab your spot here: http:///1THqYG6

#intern #internship #interns
Re: Placard Carrying Girl, The Real Story You Need To Hear by matrix199(m): 2:57am On May 31, 2016
In other word, she still didn't get a job after the invite.

1 Like

Re: Placard Carrying Girl, The Real Story You Need To Hear by Ephyartz: 7:49am On May 31, 2016
matrix199:
In other word, she still didn't get a job after the invite.
She probably didn't pass the test.

(1) (Reply)

Employment! Employment!! Employment!!! / Guide On How To Become A Driver / Current Job Openings At Promasidor Nigeria Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.