Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,050 members, 7,835,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Guide On How To Become A Driver - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Guide On How To Become A Driver (2122 Views)

INEC Releases Step-by-Step Guide on How to Successfully Apply 4 Recruitment 2020 / Need A Driver For A Car On Higher Purchase / Simple Guide On How To Write A Winning Resume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guide On How To Become A Driver by Olayinka4tyre(m): 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2017
Pls and pls great people of nairaland i want to take driver as profession but don't know how to go about it i have ask many people but i have not got the right answer from them,note:no advice is useless but reason before you quote thanks nairalander
Re: Guide On How To Become A Driver by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 22, 2017
Olayinka4tyre:
Pls and pls great people of nairaland i want to take driver as profession but don't know how to go about it i have ask many people but i have not got the right answer from them,note:no advice is useless but reason before you quote thanks nairalander
I can help you, lets chat on whatsapp 09082711043.
Re: Guide On How To Become A Driver by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 22, 2017
Olayinka4tyre:
To become a professional driver takes a lot of driving hours, mechanical experience and good knowledge of road network. I like you ambition bro, How did I learn to drive? I learnt to drive in my mums corrolla 99 model automatic transmission by reading the owners manual, I almost killed someone that day and I demolished a fence, which mum repaired. After that incident I built up confidence, one day I picked up my dads car where it was parked and drove in up the street and down the street, that was basically how I learnt to drive. I would later go on to learn a manual transmission in school where I worked. All this happened in ikorodu. I left my security work in January this year and applied for drivers license, after getting drivers license I started applying for driving jobs I see on nairaland, I went to Uber, did their test and passed. I was also driving a friends commercial bus (korope) on Sundays to straighten my hand very well. Early March I got a driving job on nairaland, I opened up to my oga that I just learnt to drive and I no to sabi Lagos roads, he was fine with it, when I started I was scratched, I scratched, I was bashed I bash. So te my oga just told me to go back to driving school but I didnt have money I just went home and drove the korope for practice. The following week, I was called to drive him to somewhere. The regime now is that if I bash my salary Will be deducted to cover repair cost. So my brother, if you want to be a driver in Lagos, Nigeria, here are the steps:
1) Attend a driving school in your area and open your mind to learning, have no fear, be full of confidence and ask questions. The price is around 10,000 to 50,000 depending on driving school. They usually come to the parking lot of shoprite.
2) Do your driving test
3) Apply for drivers license, prepare to be tested again. This can be done in two ways, either you have your driving school apply for license on your behalf ( which takes forever) or you contact me to assist you with it ( you get temporary card in the following week) it cost #24,000
4) Apply for lasdri: Lagos state drivers institute, their office is inside lastma office oshodi, the card cost #3000 you can do this yourself at their office. You get the card that same day you applied. Note the temporary is black and white printout you will make one copy and laminate both.

5) You are set: Start sourcing for driving jobs that require little or no experience ( I doubt you'll find one tho)
i) You can apply for uber
ii) You can register with agents such as drivers.ng
iii) You can learn about public transportation from the drivers and proceed to look for a bus on daily cash delivery or hire purchase.
iv) You can apply to work with BRT bus company.
I hope my write up has answered some if not All of your questions. Blessings!

5 Likes

Re: Guide On How To Become A Driver by Olayinka4tyre(m): 10:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
Quincyolarks:
To become a professional driver takes a lot of driving hours, mechanical experience and good knowledge of road network. I like you ambition bro, How did I learn to drive? I learnt to drive in my mums corrolla 99 model automatic transmission by reading the owners manual, I almost killed someone that day and I demolished a fence, which mum repaired. After that incident I built up confidence, one day I picked up my dads car where it was parked and drove in up the street and down the street, that was basically how I learnt to drive. I would later go on to learn a manual transmission in school where I worked. All this happened in ikorodu. I left my security work in January this year and applied for drivers license, after getting drivers license I started applying for driving jobs I see on nairaland, I went to Uber, did their test and passed. I was also driving a friends commercial bus (korope) on Sundays to straighten my hand very well. Early March I got a driving job on nairaland, I opened up to my oga that I just learnt to drive and I no to sabi Lagos roads, he was fine with it, when I started I was scratched, I scratched, I was bashed I bash. So te my oga just told me to go back to driving school but I didnt have money I just went home and drove the korope for practice. The following week, I was called to drive him to somewhere. The regime now is that if I bash my salary Will be deducted to cover repair cost. So my brother, if you want to be a driver in Lagos, Nigeria, here are the steps:
1) Attend a driving school in your area and open your mind to learning, have no fear, be full of confidence and ask questions. The price is around 10,000 to 50,000 depending on driving school. They usually come to the parking lot of shoprite.
2) Do your driving test
3) Apply for drivers license, prepare to be tested again. This can be done in two ways, either you have your driving school apply for license on your behalf ( which takes forever) or you contact me to assist you with it ( you get temporary card in the following week) it cost #24,000
4) Apply for lasdri: Lagos state drivers institute, their office is inside lastma office oshodi, the card cost #3000 you can do this yourself at their office. You get the card that same day you applied. Note the temporary is black and white printout you will make one copy and laminate both.

5) You are set: Start sourcing for driving jobs that require little or no experience ( I doubt you'll find one tho)
i) You can apply for uber
ii) You can register with agents such as drivers.ng
iii) You can learn about public transportation from the drivers and proceed to look for a bus on daily cash delivery or hire purchase.
iv) You can apply to work with BRT bus company.
I hope my write up has answered some if not All of your questions. Blessings!
sir am very grateful for your response infact you touch all the area am expecting thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Guide On How To Become A Driver by Nobody: 2:41am On Apr 24, 2017
Olayinka4tyre:
sir am very grateful for your response infact you touch all the area am expecting thank you very much
you are welcome bro, wish you luck with your ambition.
Re: Guide On How To Become A Driver by Olayinka4tyre(m): 11:44am On Apr 24, 2017
Quincyolarks:
you are welcome bro, wish you luck with your ambition.
thanks

(1) (Reply)

What's The Meaning Of Offline Sales Agent? / USAID Job Recruitment - Deputy Representative ($76K Yearly) / Gtbank Graduate Trainee Programme 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.