Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,909 members, 7,852,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:09 PM

When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? (876 Views)

Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves / President Jonathan & Patience At Jomo Kenyatta Airport / Does Jomo Gbomo Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by Hanoobaba(m): 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2009
Everyday on tv, you get to see one militant group or the other laying down theirs and embracing the amnesty offer of the government. But the question mark I have hanging on my head right now is 'When is Jomo Gbomo the spokesman that is always present at every gun battle MEND have with the JTF and who takes part in all attacks on oil installations going to come out and lay down his own weapons?' That is if he really exists.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by OYBMEND: 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2009
what weapons are u talking about?

his computer? e-mail address? mobile phone?

The most important weapon of the fictitous character called Jomo Gbomo is propaganda. His tools are tools which are available to you and I on nairaland.

If he negotiates those tools for millions with the government then he is truly a smart guy.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by nex(m): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2009
@Hanoobaba

So you still have not known that Gbomo Jomo does not exist? He is no different from Sani Umaru; a fictitious character.

Gbomo Jomo is nobody, so anybody can be Gbomo Jomo. I can't explain it further than that.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by Ehoi: 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2009
Why do some of you like wallowing in ignorance. How can you say Mr Gbomo does not exist. Maybe that is not his real name but there is surely a personality behind those writings. If you read his writeup, you will see that they always follow a style and personality.

Hanoobabay@ Why would you think mr Gbomo is in every MEND battle? Has he ever said he was there? He is the spokeperson of MEND. After every battle, the fighters involved inform him of the details so that he can in turn inform the media.

And to your initial question of when he will return his arms. I know you have not been following MEND's writings because if you have, you won't be asking this question. MEND's position has always been that they don't recognise the amnesty and as such will not be returning arms. The government will struggle to get up to 5% of the arms currently in the niger delta. It seems you have so much hope on this amnesty stuff. Please don't, otherwise you will be very disappointed at the end.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by asha80(m): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2009
@poster

Mend Says Disarmament Process A Charade, Vows Resumption Of Hostility After Sept
« on: Yesterday at 10:18:01 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MEND says disarmament process a charade, vows resumption of hostility after September 15 2009
Written by Jomo Gbomo
Saturday, 22 August 2009 12:24

"There are still too many! Bring them down to the spring, and I will sort out who will go with you and who will not" - God to Gideon (Judges 7:5)

The ongoing amnesty program by the government of Nigeria seems to have achieved separating those who still have the zeal to fight for our freedom from those who were in it for the money.

Today, Saturday, August 22, 2009 that sorting process was again re-enacted in Yenagoa, Bayelsa state where weapons mostly bought by the government were displayed and the boys separated from the men in the circus.

The charade witnessed in Bayelsa is not an indication of success but that of failure considering that the energy put into that event could have been better used in deliberating on the root issues collated in the Niger Delta Technical Committee report which addressed such germane issues from the Willink's Commission of 1958 to date.

In the midst of such sheer deceit, MEND will be compelled to resume with ferocious attacks on the oil industry at the end of our ceasefire on September 15, 2009 to prove that weapons being displayed are mostly government-owned and those surrendering them have not been part of the previous campaigns like Hurricanes Barbarossa, Piper Alpha and Moses that brought the government to their knees.

We have also suspended talks with the Special Adviser to the President on the amnesty, Mr. Timi Alaibe who like the government, expects a disarmament without the real issues being addressed.

MEND will not enter into talks with governors from the region who have tainted the amnesty program with politics and monetary inducements.

Many of the boys who have received money today will at best squander it on material things and what happens next can best be left to the imagination.

Our solemn pledge to the people of the Niger Delta still remains to emancipate the region from the forces that have held it down for over 50 years with divide and rule, monetary inducements and treachery.

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3522:mend-says-disarmament-process-a-charade-vows-resumption-of-hostility-after-september-15-2009&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by desgiezd(m): 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2009
Isn't it about time the FG calls MEND for a frank talk and the way forward?
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by asha80(m): 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2009
desgiezd:

You really think FG is interested in that?
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by Ehoi: 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2009
desgiezd:

The government is not ready to meet the demands of MEND thats why they are beating about the bush.
is the government ready for complete devolution of power and the right of self determination given back to the people? Are they ready for true federalism of confederation?  I doubt. There will be trouble ahead because MEND's demand are rigid and the government is pennywise and a pound foolish.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by desgiezd(m): 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2009
Well, if the government is not prepared for all that then the confrontation that is to come would make the initial ones look like child's play. I know MEND is not making empty threats as they have shown a massive capacity for carrying out their threats.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by Ehoi: 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2009
You are very correct. There will be serious trouble ahead.
I advice those who can leave the country to leave.
Those who have business should consider moving it to ghana.
Those who have investment in the oil sector should take their money and run.
Those who are rich should consider their safety. Kidnapping is a sign of this revolution.
Yes, a revolution is sweeping across nigeria.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by presido1: 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2009
Nigeria is a joke, i met a prominent Abuja banker to in a bar in West London today. What is coming from the guys month regarding the situation/whatz going on in political and financial circle in nigeria is shocking. I wouldn't be surprised if anything like war erupt in Nigeria today, don't be suprise it will come from an unlikely source.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by asha80(m): 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2009
presido1:

Nigeria is a joke, i met a prominent Abuja banker to in a bar in West London today. What is coming from the guys month regarding the situation/whatz going on in political and financial circle in nigeria is shocking. I wouldn'
t be surprised if anything like war erupt in Nigeria today, don't be suprise it will come from an unlikely source.

Can you expantiate further please?
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by illusion2: 3:26pm On Aug 24, 2009
Jomo Gbomo = Gideon Okah
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by desgiezd(m): 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2009
nairaspy:

Who says MEND is ready for dialogue?

Let the government show some seriousness, sincerity and commitment first and we'll see how MEND will respond to it
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2009
Jomo Gbomo could be a nairalander, who knws lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by nex(m): 7:42pm On Aug 24, 2009
@Ehoi

It's like telling me that Ojuju Calabar should report to the police station.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by Ehoi: 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2009
nex
Mr Gbomo definitely exist. I believe there is a conspiracy in the international community about his identity. That is why this niger delta crisis is so dangerous. More dangerous than nigerians realise. Mr Gbomo sends emails from a specific yahoo account. Sometimes he even does live questions and answers online with media houses yet, that is a BIG YET. Yet his location cannot be traced. Nigeria have spent millions hiring many international IT gurus company to trace his location but they cannot. WHY?

I believe there is an international mask around Mr Gbomo@ location so that nigerian government won't be able to trace his whereabout. Its only something of international nature that can consistently hide such information. Mr Gbomo may be in the US chilling and sending emails. We never know. The US have said nigeria will break before 2013. When lady clinton came, the summary of what she said is " this government is illegitimate". If you line the dots, you will realsie that there is something going on underground. There are countries behind MEND.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by nex(m): 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2009
@Ehoi

I have no doubt that the USA have their hand in this thing, but fortunately, it has burnt their fingers a couple of times, but that doesn't mean 1 million people cannot use the same email address to send mail messages once they are given the ID and password.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by nex(m): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2009
@asha80

I thought the other Gbomo Jomo said Timi Alaibe was representing him.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by Ehoi: 10:05pm On Aug 24, 2009
nex
You are correct. But a million people cannot consistently talk like a specific person or play his character.
Mr Gbomo have been sending emails for years and if you follow them, you will identify a specific character in them. The way he talks is very consistent. The way and type of jokes he cracks are very unique. I like reading his writings because of the jokes. He is a very funny man.
Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by Beaf: 12:07am On Aug 25, 2009
I have found Jomo Gbomo!

He is the one next to the other one in this photo. grin

Re: When Is Jomo Gbomo Surrendering Is Own Weapons? by qblaze(m): 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2009
Jomo Gbomo does not agree with the modalities of the Amnesty process.

(1) (Reply)

Residents Lament Onitsha Robbery Attack / Ibori For President- 2015 / Massob Hails U.s. Blacklisking Of Nigeria As A Terrorist Country .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.