Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] (3833 Views)

After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready / Lets Start A Real Web-deveopment Course Here Html+css+javascript+php+mysql / How To Build A One-on-one Chat Im With Phpsockets.io (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 30, 2016
This library does the same work as NODE's socket.io but it runs on PHP and has similar functionalities.

Android functionalities have been added, please check the documentation website for android integration.

You can chat with yourself by using different browser tabs or different devices entirely

Note: it does not use any form of storage by default - no cookies, no session, no database - just direct communication between different clients and servers.

FAQs:
- You can build a one-on-one chat with this
- You can run it on your localhost
- You can connect with an android/IOS client (if you know the how)
- To run the server on your server, you need to know PHP CLI

Basic Example

Advanced Example

Though the clients are written in html, you can actually write a client using android - i shall likely provide a JAR library for this very soon.

You can read the documentation here - http://dhtml.github.io/phpsocket.io/

If you are interested in the android integration - please check here - http://dhtml.github.io/phpsocket.io/#android
Contributors: please go ahead and fork the code on https://github.com/dhtml/phpsocket.io/
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by sleepingdemon: 10:51pm On May 30, 2016
Ftc things, space booked...i dedicate this space to my ubuntu 16.04 lts.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 3:43am On May 31, 2016
Rasmus Lerdorf surely knows you Exist brother.....
Besides Throlling, You have this Innovative mindset....

Nice one @DHTML18
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 5:56am On May 31, 2016
Thanks dudes, trolling continues. . .
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by 212blaze(m): 7:09am On May 31, 2016
this is cool. I was looking for a way to use it in php recently. Nice work
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 9:08am On May 31, 2016
Thanks dude, i have just uploaded the android library client and library online as well.

1 Like

Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by nollyj: 11:02am On May 31, 2016
dhtml18:
Thanks dude, i have just uploaded the android library client and library online as well.

Good job @dhtml18.

Please provide the Android library link. I will like to look into it and possibly write a tutorial about it on my blog.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Knownpal(m): 11:09am On May 31, 2016
Looking forward to the Android Library. grin
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 11:17am On May 31, 2016
The android library is available on the same link - http://dhtml.github.io/phpsocket.io/#android (i have updated the original post)

I provided the compiled jar, and the module/library source code as well (for advanced user).

I look forward to your contributions to this library. It is not very easy to write a library, and document it fully.

I need assistance on the documentation, the documentation is meant to be really extensive, but no time to check time (and troll at the same time).
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Darangi007: 1:04pm On May 31, 2016
signalR does a better job.... undecided
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 31, 2016
Darangi007:
signalR does a better job.... undecided

Then answer the following questions properly in order to make your point:
1. What is your basis of comparison?
2. What is the relationship between the two solutions?
3. What is your reason for mentioning a .NET solution on a PHP thread?
4. Have you deployed the two solutions to know which is better?
5. Do you want to start a nairaland e-war? if that is true, i am ready to derail this thread and convert it to a WAR THREAD.

In case you are not aware, my library is a replacement for signalR (.NET) and socket.io (NODE.JS) as far as PHP is concerned. So your comment is hereby nullified as baseless, and I am charging you with the following:
- 1 count of ignorance
- 1 count of running mouth in a recursive loop
- 1 count of talking out of point

judgement: banishment from this thread (or risk an e-war)

As far as i am concerned, you just want to run your mouth anyhow - and I am very good at helping people clip their mouths.

3 Likes

Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Darangi007: 2:21pm On May 31, 2016
lol....
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 31, 2016
^^^Oya jor, make we start WAR JOR, the board is just too gaddamn boring. . . . . . . . .the only thing trending is a sach engine wey no fit find a common goat!!

1 Like

Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 31, 2016
wetin come be this socket and library stuff?
somebody plz explain b4 i go beserk right here, now or pronoun!
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 31, 2016
^^^my brother, what i did was to rewrite http://socket.io which is in NODE.JS into a PHP/javascript/android solution.
http://signalr.net/ is a .NET alternative that does the same thing.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Darangi007: 2:36pm On May 31, 2016
dhtml18:

Then answer the following questions properly in order to make your point:
5. Do you want to start a nairaland e-war? if that is true, i am ready to derail this thread and convert it to a WAR THREAD.

In case you are not aware, my library is a replacement for signalR (.NET) and socket.io (NODE.JS) as far as PHP is concerned. So your comment is hereby nullified as baseless, and I am charging you with the following:
- 1 count of ignorance
- 1 count of running mouth in a recursive loop
- 1 count of talking out of point

judgement: banishment from this thread (or risk an e-war)

As far as i am concerned, you just want to run your mouth anyhow - and I am very good at helping people clip their mouths.

did u ask yourself if signalr can b used in php/Java script even though it is a dot net solution?...lol dhtml biggest open source contributor on nairaland, dhtml biggest e-warlord on nairaland,dhtml d mouthed programmer ,I admire ur hustle ....I doff my hat
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 31, 2016
You have failed to answer my questions - instead you are trying to side-track me (a nairaland tout, troll and e-war lord at the same time)

Explain why you said signalR is better. And now you mention that signalR can be used in PHP - please explain how.

Because according to http://signalr.net/:

ASP.NET SignalR is a new library for ASP.NET developers that makes it incredibly simple to add real-time web functionality to your applications.

I did not see PHP there o. Maybe it is another signalR that you are saying.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 31, 2016
**pull my e-sofa closer, periscope shld an obstacle obstruct my view, put on my glass cool equiped with zooming lenses, a shield and bullet proof vest on, a glass of chilled mead. while i watch this e-war take place between my oga and deranged whatever he calls himself grin**

ROUND ONE FIGHT!...
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 31, 2016
I am currrently leading this battle:

He said signalR is better but when i asked the following questions:

He scored 0/4 (fail) - unless he can redeem himself

5. He said signalR can be used for PHP. But he has not told us how.

@dude, oya defend yourself immediately before we declare a walk-over.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 31, 2016
Walk-over kwa, chai wallahi i wanting to watching a hot shizzy e-action movie this afternoon.

1 Like

Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 31, 2016
I am sure the table will soon be over-turned as the dude is still packing e-ammunition to come and deal me a strong blow.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by larisoft: 3:15pm On May 31, 2016
Dhtml, thumbs bro. This is really good. I will play with it some more.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Darangi007: 3:22pm On May 31, 2016
dhtml18:
I am currrently leading this battle:

He said signalR is better but when i asked the following questions:

He scored 0/4 (fail) - unless he can redeem himself

5. He said signalR can be used for PHP. But he has not told us how.

@dude, oya defend yourself immediately before we declare a walk-over.

socket.io is open source and they never mentioned support for php bt it has been implemented in php jst like u ave done.
signalR is also open source bt never mentioned support for php......u already knw what open source means.....i say no more
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Booyakasha(f): 3:26pm On May 31, 2016
hmmm, nice one dhtml18.. cheesy
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 31, 2016
Darangi007:

socket.io is open source and they never mentioned support for php bt it has been implemented in php jst like u ave done.
signalR is also open source bt never mentioned support for php......u already knw what open source means.....i say no more
Is alright, case is closed then. Thanks for dropping by. . . . .

larisoft:
Dhtml, thumbs bro. This is really good. I will play with it some more.
Thanks bro

Booyakasha:
hmmm, nice one dhtml18.. cheesy
Thanks bae

@all, i will appreciate contributions so that we can extend the whole works o. This one is just a one-man work - and this is even a pre-beta release sef.

2 Likes

Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by sangobunmi(f): 4:38pm On May 31, 2016
There is http://socketo.me na
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 31, 2016
sangobunmi:
There is http://socketo.me na
And so what? your point being?

It is like someone building a blog and you are saying - there is linda ikeji now?
or someone building a forum and you are saying - there is nairaland now?
or someone trying to learn php and you are saying there is .NET now?
or someone trying to learn JAVA and you are saying there is Python now?

Sorry for the ban jare - i did not know it was you jor.

There is also https://github.com/ghedipunk/PHP-Websockets (which is what i really extended in a way).

I can see that you are trying to make a come-back, but this your come-back is not strong enough.

1 Like

Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Djade007: 5:40pm On May 31, 2016
the reply is for
Darangi007:

And there is no reason I have to make a comeback.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 31, 2016
Djade007:
the reply is for

And there is no reason I have to make a comeback.
Welcome back from the ban - how did you escape?
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by jidez007: 5:54pm On May 31, 2016
^^^ got banned again. Every time I tried to reply a guy that asked if after 3 years of using Laravel I know how it works here https://www.nairaland.com/3132255/please-knows-laravel-mvc-php#46046698
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 31, 2016
Seriously, i know the el stoopido spam bots has some words that it does not like to hear. It also does not like you posting links.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by jidez007: 5:58pm On May 31, 2016
A mod banned 1 of my Nl accounts till 2026. That mod dey vex o

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Switched To Vim As My Primary Editor, You Should Too / How Much Does It Cost To Make A Website From Scratch / Chatme, A Chat Messenger Application Develop By Nigerian Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.