Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] (3840 Views)

After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready / Lets Start A Real Web-deveopment Course Here Html+css+javascript+php+mysql / How To Build A One-on-one Chat Im With Phpsockets.io (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 31, 2016
^^^Ah, so you are one of those trolls with multiple nairaland accounts? I used to have plenty accounts before - still got like 20 sha, but rarely use them unless i was banned.
There was a time nairaland security was very porous, i wrote a script then to generate plenty fake accounts and activated them too.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by sleepingdemon: 6:54pm On May 31, 2016
Abeg who wants to start e-war here? without settling boys for street so? this war no go nice if una no settle guys.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 31, 2016
^^^we have reached a parlay. . .
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by osarenomaspecial: 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
programmers are suppose to solve problem but nairaland own no bi so, agberoo programmers almost everywhere. dhtml so u don build squad.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
^^^lol @ agbero programmers - they hate building but rather love destroying and discouraging. . . .
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by talk2hb1(m): 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
crotonite:
wetin come be this socket and library stuff?
somebody plz explain b4 i go beserk right here, now or pronoun!
You can easily develop a WebRTC system with it
@dhtml|18
Nice Job
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
^^^thank you very much jare, you are one of those that actually know what to do with this kinda stuff.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by guru01(m): 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
@dhtml18 well done work.
Is good thing you mentioned this is a beta release, but you are also saying people can go ahead and use it for production indirectly. What are you scared of?
* Are you scared of people saying it has serious bug tongue
Also good thing you mention where the original source came from https://github.com/ghedipunk/PHP-Websockets, but can't find where you gave the guy his credit.

I look forward to developers using this awesome piece of library. No just hailing it and looking elsewhere, i want to find bug report in fews weeks to come.

All in all nice work.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by FincoApps(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
talk2hb1:

You can easily develop a WebRTC system with it
@dhtml|18
Nice Job

hmmm if he doesn't know about sockets, I really doubt he'll know about WebRTC
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
FincoApps:

True

@guru01, i have developed this library over a year ago. But i am just publishing it for public consumption for the first time - so should I call it version 5.0? because there has been many revisions since the first time I made it.

There is an a chat android application that is rather similar to whatsapp that i developed 2 years back, it runs on this platform. Nairaland developers that are very close to me have already seen this in action - and some of them already had the source code of the library even as far back as last year.
All i did not was to standardize the codes a bit and publish it. If you check the github link very well - https://github.com/dhtml/phpsocket.io - you will find out that it has been published on github like 6 months ago.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by talk2hb1(m): 5:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
guru01:
@dhtml18 well done work.
Is good thing you mentioned this is a beta release, but you are also saying people can go ahead and use it for production indirectly. What are you scared of?
* Are you scared of people saying it has serious bug tongue
Also good thing you mention where the original source came from https://github.com/ghedipunk/PHP-Websockets, but can't find where you gave the guy his credit.

I look forward to developers using this awesome piece of library. No just hailing it and looking elsewhere, i want to find bug report in fews weeks to come.

All in all nice work.
Good Programmers Code, Great Programmers Solve Problems! wink
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by jacob05(m): 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
dhtml18:

True
@guru01, i have developed this library over a year ago. But i am just publishing it for public consumption for the first time - so should I call it version 5.0? because there has been many revisions since the first time I made it.
There is an a chat android application that is rather similar to whatsapp that i developed 2 years back, it runs on this platform. Nairaland developers that are very close to me have already seen this in action - and some of them already had the source code of the library even as far back as last year.
All i did not was to standardize the codes a bit and publish it. If you check the github link very well - https://github.com/dhtml/phpsocket.io - you will find out that it has been published on github like 6 months ago.
Any plans towards refactoring the code, writing tests and breaking the classes into files?
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
jacob05:

Any plans towards refactoring the code, writing tests and breaking the classes into files?
Most definitely, that is a necessity.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Booyakasha(f): 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
Let's make it happen!! cool
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
dhtml18:

Most definitely, that is a necessity.
I will soon publish the updates

Booyakasha:
Let's make it happen!! cool
O yeah, where is the champagne?

1 Like

Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
FincoApps:

Sincerely i currently don't know what webrtc means. i guess it might be an acronym for 'web real time chat' i will look it up someday because i am currently taking a java crash course. too busy cool
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
dhtml18:

O yeah, where is the champagne?

and a bottle of mead for me.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
crotonite:

and a bottle of mead for me.
Err, you can sach for mead and download it now.
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
dhtml18:

Err, you can sach for mead and download it now.

grin grin. make guru* no catch u as u de mock him sach (google alternative replacement).
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
I am simply promoting the ogbonge sach engine, whaddayyameanbymockery?

1 Like

Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
Promoting it? eye see...
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nmeri17: 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
HOD: great copy and pest programmers?! \ cheesy /

dhtml18: GRREEAT!!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
The poster above me is a troll. . .
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by 212blaze(m): 11:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
jidez007:
A mod banned 1 of my Nl accounts till 2026. That mod dey vex o

lol and your posting this now so that they ban this too?? lol
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
212blaze:

No mind am jare, them go disband am till kingdom come!!
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by jidez007: 5:38am On Jun 16, 2016
212blaze:

If they should ban this 1 too, then they are looking for trouble. I can just create an anti-nairaland bot and deploy 500 of it, we will see how the mods and Nl stup.id bot can handle them. grin
Re: Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 16, 2016
Hahahaha, see my guy talking like a super-hero!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Stack Developer Needed !! / New To Python, Gurus Please Help Solve These Challenges. Thanks. / How Much Does It Cost To Make A Website From Scratch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.