Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt (2973 Views)

The Hardest Topic You Encountered While Learning Any Programming Language? / UNITY 3D Is The Hardest Engine To Learn, Any Other Options ? / If You've Always Wanted To Learn Programming But Failed, Be Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by iFlare(m): 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2022
Mine is: css

I started with python and believe me it was the easiest. After python I switched to Java. Now I've made up my mind to be full stack dev. I'm done with html, I got comfortable with all the tags in a week. Done JavaScript though I was learning css before I went to js. Css has been a pain in my ass, the worst are flex and grid. I can't get it right. They said js is harder than css, but it was smooth, tho verbose. I've started react and I feel more comfortable learning it. Css dey gimme fear aswear.

What about you?

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
all this I learn this I learn that without even calculator to show as project is trash.

U haven't learnt anything....

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 13, 2022
iFlare:

I started with python and believe me it was the easiest. After python I switched to Java. Now I've made up my mind to be full stack dev. I'm done with html, I got comfortable with all the tags in a week. Done JavaScript though I was learning css before I went to js. Css has been a pain in my ass, the worst are flex and grid. I can't get it right. They said js is harder than css, but it was smooth, tho verbose. I've started react and I feel more comfortable learning it. Css dey gimme fear aswear.

What about you?

First of all , CSS isn't a Language or Programming Language. It's a Style Sheet.

Mine is C++ . I later ran away lol

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by chukwuebuka65(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
all this I learn this I learn that without even calculator to show as project is trash.

U haven't learnt anything....

You don’t always have to be blunt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by chukwuebuka65(m): 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2022
iFlare:

What about you?

Css is easy. Just see every element inside the page as a box

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by silento(m): 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2022
C language and c++
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by BlaqFaze: 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2022
Nurudeen06:

First of all , CSS isn't a Language or Programming Language. It's a Style Sheet.

Mine is C++ . I later ran away lol
Css is a style sheet language. The heading says "what was the hardest language you've learnt"... oversabi

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

You don’t always have to be blunt
Ok
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2022
Java

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Deicide: 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2022
Haskell!! grin When I decide to switch from I3 window manager to Xmonad. The configuration for this stuff was in Haskell, so you have to learn bits of it so you don't fùck things up. This language is fuckìng hard cause it pure functional programming language.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Hannania(m): 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2022
iFlare:

What about you?

Baba said he's done with JS grin grin, I laugh in Swahili cheesy

For me, all the languages I learned were not tough to tag, because it was the same concept. Firstly, I learnt C/C++ in 200/300l back in school, then moved From python, Java, JavaScript then Ruby. In my early journey though, OOP was a major challenge. But right now, it's funny when I remember those days. Abstraction, encapsulation, polymorphism, and inheritance.

Right now, those given me pain in the ass are concurrency, multithreading, and parallel programming concept. embarassed
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Avast(m): 5:19am On Aug 14, 2022
Hannania:
Baba said he's done with JS grin grin, I laugh in Swahili cheesy

For me, all the languages I learned were not tough to tag, because it was the same concept. Firstly, I learnt C/C++ in 200/300l back in school, then moved From python, Java, JavaScript then Ruby. In my early journey though, OOP was a major challenge. But right now, it's funny when I remember those days. Abstraction, encapsulation, polymorphism, and inheritance.

Right now, those given me pain in the ass are concurrency, multithreading, and parallel programming concept. embarassed

Boss how do you make things stick in your brain....

Like this is my 3rd month in ALX program, currently we are learning C. Thou, I am getting all the concepts being taught but it is just like a scattered glass in my �. How do I get to bring everything together in order to make sense in real life.

Like the last time I wrote a code to get the minimum and maximum value in an array, could you believe I can't figure out how I wrote the code again. But if I should take a peep on my previous code, even if it is 3secs, I will be able to write the code again.

So how can I solve this kind of problem, because I am already seeing it as a problem.
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Hannania(m): 6:20am On Aug 14, 2022
Avast:

Boss how do you make things stick in your brain....

Like this is my 3rd month in ALX program, currently we are learning C. Thou, I am getting all the concepts being taught but it is just like a scattered glass in my �. How do I get to bring everything together in order to make sense in real life.

Like the last time I wrote a code to get the minimum and maximum value in an array, could you believe I can't figure out how I wrote the code again? But if I should take a peep at my previous code, even if it is 3secs, I will be able to write the code again.

So how can I solve this kind of problem, because I am already seeing it as a problem?
It's not a problem. Every junior developer has that stage. The solution is spaced repetition. The neurons in your brain are like kids, the more they are presented with a concept, the more they stick to it.

I believe your next sprint in ALX should be python. My advice, just forget about C(You won't use it in your job). For python, make sure you program daily. Re-implement every data structure taught in C to you guys in Python and start building mini projects with it.

The more you program, the more the syntax stick.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Avast(m): 6:54am On Aug 14, 2022
Hannania:
It's not a problem. Every junior developer has that stage. The solution is spaced repetition. The neurons in your brain are like kids, the more they are presented with a concept, the more they stick to it.

I believe your next sprint in ALX should be python. My advice, just forget about C(You won't use it in your job). For python, make sure you program daily. Re-implement every data structure taught in C to you guys in Python and start building mini projects with it.

Wow..... Thank you so much.

You just helped my life.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by airsaylongcome: 9:45am On Aug 14, 2022
Lol! So nobody here has learned a difficult language? Java and C++ are not in anyway difficult.

Try learning Assembly Language, especially Assembly Language for CISC architecture. Then una go believe.

4 Likes

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by qtguru(m): 10:27am On Aug 14, 2022
C++ is the hardest for me

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by namikaze: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2022
For me it's rust, at the start it was doable but when I tried anything substantial the complexity snowballs.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:17am On Aug 14, 2022
namikaze:
For me it's rust, at the start it was doable but when I tried anything substantial the complexity snowballs.

I tried learning this too. Just a huge clusterfuck. Probably cause I no send any new tools again till I get insanely good at data structures.
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Lordpeckxy(m): 11:36am On Aug 14, 2022
When people say Python is easy.
Yes Python has easy to read syntax doesn’t mean it’s implementation is easy. Just writing a few lines of code with it doesn’t make it any less easy. Yes I enjoy Python, but am currently designing an AI Algorithm for a Giftcard company in Australia which incorporates data science and machine learning and I can say, dude it’s not easy.

To me, your hardest programming language is the language you choose to do full time.

Java is more complex than Python,
I only did java for my thesis project cause my supervisor insisted on it.

In between the hardest language I have ever used is Assembly, cause most and almost all the time, I have to read some documentation or research some bunch of mnemonics.
Thank God The program worked well with the Security door architecture, cause that’s one hell, I don’t pray to ever visit again.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by SavageBoy: 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2022
Talking about programming language, I want to learn Brainfuckgrin

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by oluwaseyi0: 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2022
It's python for me

Coming from a php and JavaScript where functions have braces, python with no braces but stupid spaces doesn't just make an iota of sense to me, even though I'm raising PR and doing my tasks, I still fully hate it and wonder what time of dumbo head comes up with this spaces practice, I just can't accept it

Immediately we are done with the project, I never look back on that creepy creature language

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by RepoMan007: 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hausa and Dutch
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Nastydroid(m): 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2022
C
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by ABUPHARM(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hannania:

Thanks for this reply cuz it's relieving as I am stressing out day nd night to get the C basic.
I'm also in same cohort with the guy u replied with this answer, what's not clear to me is that you said we wouldn't be needing C at the job when Alx major language is C, cuz going by the curriculum, C is the chief language in there.
My question now is, how do you come to a conclusion that we wouldn't be needing C at the job? Do you mean to say it doesn't worth it learning C ?
Thanks.
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by ABUPHARM(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2022
RepoMan007:
Hausa and Dutch

Weigh Ray grin
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Phantaminum1(f): 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
Solidity
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by peterincredible: 7:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Lol! So nobody here has learned a difficult language? Java and C++ are not in anyway difficult.

Try learning Assembly Language, especially Assembly Language for CISC architecture. Then una go believe.

I learnt c++ I thought it was hard but I am currently learning glsl and I can tell u I have not experienced any kind of hardship this shader language is giving me
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Edipet(m): 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
peterincredible:
I learnt c++ I thought it was hard but I am currently learning glsl and I can tell u I have not experienced any kind of hardship this shader language is giving me
bro no vex, us SSD 128gb,8gb ram good for learning programming
Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by Fourpockets: 9:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
iFlare:

What about you?

When I started learning computer science from Harvard cs50, we started with scratch which was easy to C.
C is the hardest language ever(low language not assembly)

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by namikaze: 9:52pm On Aug 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I tried learning this too. Just a huge clusterfuck. Probably cause I no send any new tools again till I get insanely good at data structures.
Yeah, though the borrow checker model is actually good, if it compiles, then it's guaranteed to run.
Speaking of data structures, are you doing Leetcode only? or is it in combination with a course or book.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
namikaze:

Yeah, though the borrow checker model is actually good, if it compiles, then it's guaranteed to run.
Speaking of data structures, are you doing Leetcode only? or is it in combination with a course or book.

I have already read as many DSA books as I could. Grokking algorithms, computer science distilled and cracking the coding interview. Focus now is on leetcoding myself to death.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Bank Sort Codes And Their Adresses / What Really Can I Do In The Dark Web With The Aid Of Tor Brwser? / Select All Rows Where The Sum Of Column Equals A Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.