Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters (8567 Views)

Pro-Biafran's Outfit To Diamond Bank In Enugu (Photos) / Pro-Biafran Supporters Protest In Spain Over Nnamdi Kanu's Detention. PICS / How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by 66xtr33r: 6:51am On May 31, 2016
tbaba1234:
Are you saying all Igbos agree with the agitation?

Are you in anyway insinuating that millions of Igbo people do not seek to have a separate existence from you?

For the benefit of doubts, there exists two groups of Igbo people who rant carelessly about 'One Nigeria':

1. The ignorant who bear Igbo names but lack the requisite Igbo resilience and independence - the products of strange marriages.
2. Those who gain from the fraudulent system and/or are afraid of their post-Nigeria survival.

And the fact is that both groups are in the minority; be they in/around politics/politicians or in plum jobs.

N.B: This is the second time that I'm posting this comment. The first was hidden and my handle banned for no just cause.

3 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by lovat(m): 6:52am On May 31, 2016
omenka:
What a disgusting bunch of liars. The first guy yelling in his face looks like a grade A motor park tout, and the other is obviously one of the pained TAN ward coordinator. Soon as he mentioned Mbaba, they all started shouting and the Bishop was visibly irritated.

Looking at the faces of all those yoots, none looks like someone with a means of livelihood- just garrulous touts and thugs.

How does this video agree with what those miscreants posted here and celebrated yesterday?? One lie at a time, that is how they hope to get their country.

What a damn shame.
what is really your problem? Can't you focus on your real life and stop fighting igbos daily. How long will you continue to hate igbos?

I wonder how you sleep in the night to avoid having igbo nightmare

5 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by 66xtr33r: 6:57am On May 31, 2016
felalegend:
You are not the only one that knows Igbo ok. Interpreters will soon give us full details of what transpired. The Archbishop was going for a burial and the miscreants blocked his vehicle forcing him to walk. This wasn't an interview but clear case of intimidation and abuse.

When has Igbo's well being become your major preoccupation?

Learn not to rant carelessly like a busy-body.

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by tbaba1234: 6:59am On May 31, 2016
66xtr33r:

Are you in anyway insinuating that millions of Igbo people do not seek to have a separate existence from you?

For the benefit of doubts, there exists two groups of Igbo people who rant carelessly about 'One Nigeria':

1. The ignorant who bear Igbo names but lack the requisite Igbo resilience and independence - the products of strange marriages.
2. Those who gain from the fraudulent system and/or are afraid of their post-Nigeria survival.

And the fact is that both groups are in the minority; be they in/around politics/politicians or in plum jobs.

N.B: This is the second time that I'm posting this comment. The first was hidden and my handle banned for no just cause.

I am yet to see the intellectuals present a cogent case for Biafra... Igbos have a lot of prominent intellectuals.

Why now? Why did you not agitate in Jonathan's era? The problems you complain about were still there... Is it because a fulani man won?

Apart from maybe Anambra state, which other state can survive on their IGR?? Why do you not question the failure of your leaders?

The 2016 budget covers some of the major federal roads that people complain about... Why not give the man a chance?

6 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by Ikechu68: 7:02am On May 31, 2016
felalegend:

You are not the only one that knows Igbo ok. Interpreters will soon give us full details of what transpired. The Archbishop was going for a burial and the miscreants blocked his vehicle forcing him to walk. This wasn't an interview but clear case of intimidation and abuse.

Noone blocked his car you nitwit. They were standing next to a car does mean that was his. You buffon.
Secondly, how many igbo have glanced this thread, how many disagreed with my translation?
Infact ALL igbo that commented this far have mentioned that NONE of what happened is a molestation.

Who the f2k are you to tell us what's going on in our OWN language that una obviously can't speak.
Desperation in full display by the hausa/fulani abd their yoloba slaves full this thread. Pathetic

9 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by Ikechu68: 7:08am On May 31, 2016
tbaba1234:

I am yet to see the intellectuals present a cogent case for Biafra... Igbos have a lot of prominent intellectuals.

Why now? Why did you not agitate in Jonathan's era? The problems you complain about were still there... Is it because a fulani man won?

Apart from maybe Anambra state, which other state can survive on their IGR?? Why do you not question the failure of your leaders?

The 2016 budget covers some of the major federal roads that people complain about... Why not give the man a chance?

Smfh...Umuzurike is a medical doctor before joining massob in case you aren't aware.
Nnamdi Kanu has a degree in Engineering incase you aren't aware.
Visit Radio Biafra FB and you'll see doctors, lawyers, therapist, business owners, engineerers, etc as well as students supporting them.
So pray tell who are this "non intellectuals" you speak.

As for the rest of your post, it's a waste of time

5 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by DeadWrong: 7:22am On May 31, 2016
BIAF R A UD - Drug republic of Biaflaw

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by tbaba1234: 7:26am On May 31, 2016
Ikechu68:

Smfh...Umuzurike is a medical doctor before joining massob in case you aren't aware.
Nnamdi Kanu has a degree in Engineering incase you aren't aware.
Visit Radio Biafra FB and you'll see doctors, lawyers, therapist, business owners, engineerers, etc as well as students supporting them.
So pray tell who are this "non intellectuals" you speak.

As for the rest of your post, it's a waste of time

Nnamdi Kalu and Umuzurike are not leaders of thought. Millions of people have degrees..

Where are the Emeka Anyaokus, Ezekwesili, Ekwuemes, NOI... etc..

4 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:27am On May 31, 2016
tbaba1234:

We have heard you Mr Intelligentsia.

Can you now stop bugging them and being a busybody. Antagonising a people who wants to rule their destiny is not a career let alone a noble profession.

Face your business, Mr I-too-know.

5 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by SonOfEl(m): 7:31am On May 31, 2016
felalegend:

So a tout using his hand to push the Bishop's chest is not molestation. The Archbishop was intimidated and subdued into loyalty by the miscreants. The tone of the tout's voice wasn't a friendly one either and at a stage tout asked what he had to give them.

Dude I watched it. He was not molesting the archbishop. Stop talking trash. You just want to give ipob a bad name.

5 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by 66xtr33r: 7:32am On May 31, 2016
tbaba1234:

It's not for naysayers to dictate to Igbos on how to go about self-determination.

The Igbos quest for nationhood has been an ongoing thing even before GEJ administration. Cast your mind back and remember how you lots had much fun when many Igbo agitators were locked up and others killed during the administrations of Obj and GEJ.
Remember the many corpses that were dumped in Ezzu river. Those untold killings transformed some MASSOB members to form the tsunamic IPOB movement.

If Igboland isn't doing well industrially and commercially Fayose of Ekiti government wouldn't have sent some Yorubas to go learn trades and acquire useful skills to better the lots of SW region.

BTW, you do not need to worry yourself about Igbo survival in their quest for nationhood. Invest your energies towards emancipating your people.

Phillip Effiong Jnr, speaking on Biafr* at Ireland refugee conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdA00rAu6YU

3 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by SonOfEl(m): 7:35am On May 31, 2016
OP YOUR LIES ARE LEGENDARY. AN IPOB WAS CITING HIS GRIEVIANCIES TO THE ARCHBISHOP. HIS BODY GESTURES WERE NOT DISRESPECTFUL, THE ARCHBISHOP UNDERSTOOD PERFECTLY AND STILL CONTINUED THE PROTEST WITH THEM.

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by CharleyCharley: 7:40am On May 31, 2016
why are ndi ofe like this? You don't understand the language, yet you come online & open a thread with a semi-sensational headline, with the aim of painting a people's quest for self determination bad.?!

I ask again, why are you people like this? cry

5 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by Nobody: 7:44am On May 31, 2016
felalegend:
Contrary to news circulating that revered Archbishop AJV Obinna of Owerri Catholic Archdiocese was among the protesters, videos have surfaced suggesting a case of intimidation and abuse of the revered man of God by miscreants. He was nearly mobbed.
@ felalegend Bros whats your main reason for uploading that Video if u dont hear what people are saying in it..... Its Obvious that No Igbo man would ever Lay acrossing finger to A Bishop in a public like that..

I have watched series of videos, and interviews concerning the coup and civilian war and this exactly how it started..A yorouba man using igbos to achieve their mischievousness. since u uploaded the video for sympathy from ur anti-Biafra Group, what is your reason for not shutting down the video since u got interpretation from someone who hears the language and can interpret the words spoken.

My focus are beginning to change since i came to find out how Nigeria is in a self destruct mode. One putting the other against each other. Biafra is for Igbos and not for Yoroubas. If u agree support, if U dont agree swerve. After all u want is Buhari to sentence Kanu to death and let the killings Begin.. Am no supporter of Violence and I wont tolerate one who does.

I dont know if u are a Christian or Not but know what u just did is among those 6 things God himself hate.

Proverbs 6:16-19 New International Version (NIV)

16 There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

4 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by felalegend: 7:44am On May 31, 2016
Ikechu68:

Noone blocked his car you nitwit. They were standing next to a car does mean that was his.

Eat your words as more details will emerge today

7 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by CharleyCharley: 7:48am On May 31, 2016
felalegend:

LoL. As you're an igbo scholar, why don't you enlighten us on what transpired in the video? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by Nobody: 7:52am On May 31, 2016
felalegend:

u know they tire.....
Did the Bishop employ u to air his views.

U are busy looking for who will support u
Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by onexile: 7:54am On May 31, 2016
DerKaiser:
Is this for real?

IPOB should be careful not to lose sympathy for their cause.

I haven't watched the video but I refuse to believe that IPOB would be foolish enough to attack or confront a Catholic Bishop.

Igbos are overwhelmingly Roman Catholic and do not take attack on their Clergymen lightly.

IPOB should be grateful for any sort of support and acknowledgement they get from such men otherwise their Clamour would be dead on arrival.

IPOB be wise and do not lose the respect of the vast Igbos like MASSOB has.
point of correction, those people are not IPOB. They are Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB)
Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by Ikechu68: 7:54am On May 31, 2016
felalegend:

Una seen this shameless, lying, thing.

You took down your video and then posted this pic to disturb any confirmation forgetting you already posted pics.

Based on the earlier pics YOU posted, the car they were standing next to was gray. The one you posted is black. Based on the picture YOU just posted, Noone pulled him out of his car, Noone blocked him from getting out of the car and Noone was blocking his car as you can see the guys were standing BE SIDE his car, not in front

Lying yoloba goat. Like someone mentioned, since you now made yourself expert on igbo language, translate what happened. Give us the details. We are waiting

5 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by daveson2020(m): 7:57am On May 31, 2016
Lol yoruba man and lies. May God forgive you I was there live those two priests blessed and gave some advice before leaving. They were quite aware of the event we made sure they pass freely from the cheering crowd

6 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by boscojo16: 7:59am On May 31, 2016
So this is how some can go to twist information . You have understand igbo first before you can say something about this Bishop . The bishop willingly participated in the celebration of Biafran heroes day . He was asked in igbo language to tell the world the purpose of the rally and people were happy that he showed up unlike Father Mbaka whio is a sell out . I ll use the word mob because people were excited to have him . No body forced him to join . Catholic bishop is highly regarded in Igboland .

5 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by Mckennedy: 8:00am On May 31, 2016
omenka:
What a disgusting bunch of liars. The first guy yelling in his face looks like a grade A motor park tout, and the other is obviously one of the pained TAN ward coordinator. Soon as he mentioned Mbaba, they all started shouting and the Bishop was visibly irritated.

Looking at the faces of all those yoots, none looks like someone with a means of livelihood- just garrulous touts and thugs.

How does this video agree with what those miscreants posted here and celebrated yesterday?? One lie at a time, that is how they hope to get their country.

What a damn shame.

Why drink panadol for their headache?

4 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by felalegend: 8:20am On May 31, 2016
boscojo16:
So this is how some can go to twist information . You have understand igbo first before you can say something about this Bishop . The bishop willingly participated in the celebration of Biafran heroes day . He was asked in igbo language to tell the world the purpose of the rally and people were happy that he showed up unlike Father Mbaka whio is a sell out . I ll use the word mob because people were excited to have him . No body forced him to join . Catholic bishop is highly regarded in Igboland .

He did not join anything. His car was blocked and he was humiliated by a tout after which he was forced to abandon his car and walk.

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by boscojo16: 8:28am On May 31, 2016
The Modulator should have deleted this topic because it is misleading
Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by TheArchangel(f): 8:28am On May 31, 2016
felalegend:

He did not join anything. His car was blocked and he was humiliated by a tout after which he was forced to abandon his car and walk.
Your level of frustration is glaring.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by felalegend: 8:41am On May 31, 2016
TheArchangel:
Your level of frustration is glaring.

Have you watched the video?

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by diegwu01: 8:42am On May 31, 2016
i thought they said that was Cardinal Arinze sent by the Pope to join the IPOB protest? grin grin grin
Now all i see is a gang of Animal miscreants and lowlifes hounding and intimidating a fearless priest who would not subscribe to their foolishness.

4 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by TheArchangel(f): 8:42am On May 31, 2016
felalegend:

Have you watched the video?
Of course. You are looking for what is not there.
Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by TheArchangel(f): 8:44am On May 31, 2016
diegwu01:
i thought they said that was Cardinal Arinze sent by the Pope to join the IPOB protest? grin grin grin
Now all i see is a gang of Animal miscreants and lowlifes hounding and intimidating a fearless priest who would not subscribe to their foolishness.

You are exhibiting extreme PAIN with this comment.

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by hakanai(m): 8:52am On May 31, 2016
[size=14pt]When I saw the first news on Arinze not even Obinna joining the protest I said to myself it won't be long before the other side of the story pushes through. My only shock was i didn't expect it as video thought it would have being an interview or reporter quote.

Somehow the story just came mysteriously composed with video and audio!!! I hail thee IPOB,Nice Propaganda go wrong caption. grin grin grin

Okay O! No long thing... Hope somebody no go comot again tell us say na Nollywood movie or rehearsal/security exercise of some sortcheesy cheesy[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by boscojo16: 9:06am On May 31, 2016
felalegend:

Shut up . You re not an igbo man so you did not hear the discuss at all . You re a Yoruba man doing what you know doing best .. to give false info out . It is unfortunate that you guys do not know the support IPOD have in regard to Biafra . Most of the influential Igbos choose to remain silent and operate under ground .Most of Igbos who supported PMB at the election are now nursing fear about Islamization agenda of this govt hence withdrawing their support for PMb to seek Biafra restoration .

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters by PFRB: 9:09am On May 31, 2016
omenka:

What a damn shame.

We really have a big problem to have such a huge number of able bodied young men without any means of lively hood

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Addresses Empty Seats At UN General Assembly- Pictur / Bayelsa: APC Plans Protest / Breaking: Bola Tinubu Isn't His Real Name but Amoda Ogunlere- he is 87 Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.