Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Naira Debit Cards To Be Replaced With $usd Denominated Cards For Foreign Transac - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Debit Cards To Be Replaced With $usd Denominated Cards For Foreign Transac (646 Views)

Ecobank Opens Naira-denominated Mastercard For International Transactions / Updates On Naira Debit Cards Limit / No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naira Debit Cards To Be Replaced With $usd Denominated Cards For Foreign Transac by phveektor(m): 10:55am On May 31, 2016
So late last night, I got this email from my bank with the following details:

Kindly be informed that effective June 1, 2016, you will no longer be able to use your Naira denominated Fidelity Debit Cards (MasterCard and Visa) abroad. This usage restriction is largely due to the persistent volatility in the foreign exchange market.

Your Naira denominated cards can only be used locally at the POS terminal, ATM and online on Nigerian web stores.

Our USD denominated Debit MasterCard will nevertheless continue to work everywhere in the world. You can get one instantly at any Fidelity Bank branch and have it linked to your USD Domiciliary Account. Additionally, our Verve Debit Card can also be used in Kenya and at select ATMs in Benin Republic.

From the way things happen in Nigeria, this is a directive from the country's central bank and many, if not all, other banks too will be taking up the directive.

Read more >>>http://www.draynehub.com/en/naira-debit-card…sactions-nigeria/
Re: Naira Debit Cards To Be Replaced With $usd Denominated Cards For Foreign Transac by dav8id(m): 1:48pm On May 31, 2016
wahala dey b DAT oooo

though no any of my bank send me such message sha..which way now my people
Re: Naira Debit Cards To Be Replaced With $usd Denominated Cards For Foreign Transac by phveektor(m): 2:19pm On May 31, 2016
Na to sign up with any of the online financial assistants o such as paypal your Naira card go still dey work

(1) (Reply)

Trusted And Reliable Way To Make Cash Online / Wholesale 100% Real Human Hair Needed / Gas Refill Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.