Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

Back To Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Back To Africa (670 Views)

When Will The British Apologise To Africa(nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Back To Africa by sundown001(m): 2:30am On Aug 24, 2009
I was wondering if black Americans are welcome in Nigeria and other parts of Africa to live. Suppose if black engineers and professionals wish to assist in developing communities for a strong home, would it be possible? If not, please extend reasons and suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Back To Africa by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 24, 2009
I dont know of anywhere in Africa that doesnt welcome black Americans.
Re: Back To Africa by Beaf: 3:25am On Aug 24, 2009
There was a programme in Ghana about 10 years ago to welcome Africans in the Diaspora. Some land was allorted, there were some ceremonies and stuff. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the project.

I would suggest you ask the Ghanaian embassy about it. I wish I could recomend Nigeria, but I know of nothing on the ground at the moment.

Ghana is a lovely place, you'll really love the people there.

What areas of engineering could you help with? There are a couple of us looking to set an organisation to bring technology to the grassroots (across Africa) in very novel ways.
Re: Back To Africa by nex(m): 5:12am On Aug 24, 2009
I just breathed fresh air when I read this topic. Back To Africa project. Marcus Garvey has to come to mind.

As it was written in the days of yore, so verily it shall come to pass.

Well, Nigerians welcome African Americans. My only advice would be that you should take up residence in Jos. It has very fine weather. Like a blend of summer spring and winter all in one.
Re: Back To Africa by sundown001(m): 8:03am On Aug 24, 2009
I am studying civil engineering with interests in soil, water, and forestry. As you are probably aware, there are oranizations for professional black engineers and my goal is to proposition those who share similar visions to sincerely invest their efforts abroad with you instead of here for someone else. By this I mean not just visit under a program, but motivate black professionals here to form our own exclusive coalitions and companies to work with and for you.

Indeed I have much to learn and research, but wanted comfort in knowing that emmigration is possible with hopes of bridging heritage and preserving mighty africa for all of us instead of them.

Marcus Garvey has to come to mind.

Yes, my sentiments and beliefs are positioned along similar lines.

Thank you, I will continue working.
Re: Back To Africa by redsun(m): 8:10am On Aug 24, 2009
sundown001:

I was wondering if black Americans are welcome in Nigeria and other parts of Africa to live. Suppose if black engineers and professionals wish to assist in developing communities for a strong  home, would it be possible? If not, please extend reasons and suggestions.

If you interested in coming to my place,with me being part of the custodian of my people's land,i will make sure you get what you need naturally to establish in africa.
Re: Back To Africa by redsun(m): 8:22am On Aug 24, 2009
Honestly,if you are really keen,you have just met the right person to link you up,even while i am right here in england,we have got massive untapped fertile land and interestingly,i am very keen on going back to my root and exploit nature to the maximum and reasonably.
Re: Back To Africa by Horus(m): 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2009
All of you need is to make it home, in Africa. Come home family. The Time Is Now. Unite. There is no more time for games, no more time for procrastinating. We need to come together NOW because there is no way that we can do this as individuals especially when some are still harboring a negative mentality. The time is now to stop being followers and become leaders. It is time to start putting what we have learned into action and progress. We must come together in one united mind. It is our duty and purpose to make it back to Africa in the significant numbers necessary to become successful at what we have to do. We must restore the greatness of our home, AFRICA. We have a purpose to fulfill. It is our time NOW.
Re: Back To Africa by blacksta(m): 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2009
@Poster

Definitely not Nigeria
Re: Back To Africa by nex(m): 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2009
@blacksta

will you even allow him land on the soil of the motherland before exhibitting your tribalism and hatred?
Re: Back To Africa by blacksta(m): 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2009
nex:

@blacksta

will you even allow him land on the soil of the motherland before exhibitting your tribalism and hatred?

lol  - What hatred or tribalism  - I am only merely giving the American good advice maybe he should visit the American  foreign travel advice website and read about travelling to Nigeria

Mr Nex since you know so much why dont advice some of us the Resettlement packages on ground for black Americans in Nigeria
Re: Back To Africa by bawomolo(m): 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2009
anyone with money is welcomed in Nigeria.

just avoid the sweet mouth people.
Re: Back To Africa by Horus(m): 2:32pm On May 11, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBsHVrQ_3c

14 Black Americans who Relocated to Africa talk about living in the US Vs Africa

(1) (Reply)

6000mw By Dec 2009 / Soludo’s Father Kidnapped / Jet Aircrafts Take Over Lagos Skies As Loc Mobilises For Semis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.