Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation (72006 Views)

Kelechi Iheanacho Wore Igbo Cap To Leicester City Vs Swansea Game / Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup / Victor Emenayo & Age Cheat: Azerbaijani Media Claims 23Yr Old Player Is Over 40 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by uduokirika1(m): 10:35am On Jun 01, 2016
ddippset:
the puzzle is not whether that picture was taken in 2010 or not, the puzzle is how old was the boy in that 2010 picture?
he. Cant be more than 14

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2016
gazmann:

Silly article really promoted .individual carreer trajectory is hardly an age factor . People of same age with varying work ethic . Motivation and management will always have different carreer length. Some cadet stars never translate to world stars . Argentina brazil and spain have dominated the youth world cups as well yet the stars do not go on to shine. Some i dividuals that had a bad youth tournament even go on and have bogger carreer. Think of some stars like zlatan Aguero yaya toure drogba where not noted for cadet level success even giggs . Shearer cantona . A lot of factors contribute to shotlived or fulfilled carreer not age. Some people who didnt play for golden eaglets or win with their golden eaglets amunike yakubu all had great carreer. Taiwo mikel oruma kanu who won also had. This article doesnt hold water like you said

Thank you. Same thing crossed my mind as I watched the Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid Champions League Final.

Anderson of Brazil was the star of the 2005 U17. He was the best player, went on to join FC Porto and later Manchester United. Anderson before joining Manchester United won the Copa America with Brazil. I think he even wore the Ten shirt in the Brazil squad while Ronaldinho was not invited.

Marcelo was not the famous star in that same Brazilian 2005 U17 squad. Today he is far bigger and successful than Anderson.

Going by that article Anderson was overaged.

What will I not read online. Iheanacho who played U20 in 2015 older than Aguero who played U20 with Mikel in 2005.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by popcykaylah(m): 11:00am On Jun 01, 2016
those pics doesnt look like 2010 pics...please look at the colour of the photograph and also look at that man's coat grin ...my grandpa didnt even wear this type of coat in year 2005
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by ddippset(m): 11:01am On Jun 01, 2016
uduokirika1:
he. Cant be more than 14
my opinion is that he could be as young as 10 and as old as 17. nobody can be too sure. I have seen a lot of 10 year olds look like that, I have also seen a lot of 17 year olds look like that. he's in between. only his mama knows for sure.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by zicky(m): 11:03am On Jun 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Thank you. Same thing crossed my mind as I watched the Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid Champions League Final.

Anderson of Brazil was the star of the 2005 U17. He was the best player, went on to join FC Porto and later Manchester United. Anderson before joining Manchester United won the Copa America with Brazil. I think he even wore the Ten shirt in the Brazil squad while Ronaldinho was not invited.

Marcelo was not the famous star in that same Brazilian 2005 U17 squad. Today he is far bigger and successful than Anderson.

Going by that article Anderson was overaged.

What will I not read online. Iheanacho who played U20 in 2015 older than Aguero who played U20 with Mikel in 2005.
my dear this issue tire me, a player that was scouted from U-13 and his age have been monitored since then not like he just appeared from nowhere. My joy is that when a documentary on iheanacho is made we will be able to see his progress from a very young age

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by robosky02(m): 11:05am On Jun 01, 2016
safarigirl:
shiit article. Failed to reflect the efforts on ground.

Stop reminding us of the likes of Chrisantus and that Stanley fellow. Look at the recent guys, those are people i'm interested in, the new generation

Kelechi older than Aguero? The writer of this article must be a disgruntled, underachieving fellow to write such bollocks.

3 years after the U17, at least we still see Kelechi, can you and the writer tell us what's going on with the Uruguayan captain that accused our team of being cheats? What about Berisha, the Swedish fellow that won top scorer? Where is he? How good is his career?

Nigerians are the ones who go about giving foreigners the ammo to ridicule us. The only reason those accusations were made by the Uruguayan player and the Mexican coach is because it's the easier, most acceptable route to excuse failure.

Why don't you pull out a list of all the countries that have gone for the U17 and the success of players from each set?

this is how you all said Mikel was 30 and had 6 kids in '05....11 years later and my guy hasn't retired from football.

Stop promoting silly articles

thank you jare

what more does a Thomas need?

the last NFF prsctically introduce u13 and u15

specifically this iheanacho set all went through the grades to get to where they are.

there are pictures and video all over of them

what more....

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by zicky(m): 11:07am On Jun 01, 2016
safarigirl:
shiit article. Failed to reflect the efforts on ground.

Stop reminding us of the likes of Chrisantus and that Stanley fellow. Look at the recent guys, those are people i'm interested in, the new generation

Kelechi older than Aguero? The writer of this article must be a disgruntled, underachieving fellow to write such bollocks.

3 years after the U17, at least we still see Kelechi, can you and the writer tell us what's going on with the Uruguayan captain that accused our team of being cheats? What about Berisha, the Swedish fellow that won top scorer? Where is he? How good is his career?

Nigerians are the ones who go about giving foreigners the ammo to ridicule us. The only reason those accusations were made by the Uruguayan player and the Mexican coach is because it's the easier, most acceptable route to excuse failure.

Why don't you pull out a list of all the countries that have gone for the U17 and the success of players from each set?

this is how you all said Mikel was 30 and had 6 kids in '05....11 years later and my guy hasn't retired from football.

Stop promoting silly articles
I remember Berisha very well like it was yesterday, they called him the next ibramovic, if that guy was a Nigerian I swear he would have been disgrace out of football by Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by robosky02(m): 11:10am On Jun 01, 2016
popcykaylah:
those pics doesnt look like 2010 pics...please look at the colour of the photograph and also look at that man's coat grin ...my grandpa didnt even wear this type of coat in year 2005

Thomas popcykveaylah

take it or leave it

FIFA says he is 19

makes money and plays for CITY

your opinion those can only exhaust your MB

not nachos career

4 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by rabzy: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2016
ddippset:
my opinion is that he could be as young as 10 and as old as 17. nobody can be too sure. I have seen a lot of 10 year olds look like that, I have also seen a lot of 17 year olds look like that. he's in between. only his mama knows for sure.

I don't know where you saw a lot of kids of 17 years that look like that. Do you live in a refugee camp, even there it would be a rarity. Go to any public secondary school and check out ss1 to 3 and honestly come and tell how many boys will look like that.

A 17 year old that looks like that is sick and can't play intense football of any age group.

3 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by Longevo(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
nijanigga:

so Nacho will become messi, this guy is a sooth-Sayer.
grin grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color] grin grin grin
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by ddippset(m): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
rabzy:

I don't know where you saw a lot of kids of 17 years that look like that. Do you live in a refugee camp, even there it would be a rarity. Go to any public secondary school and check out ss1 to 3 and honestly come and tell how many boys will look like that.

A 17 year old that looks like that is sick and can't play intense football of any age group.
that's the hypocrisy in people like you, Nigerians like you. I was even being very open minded by saying between 10 to 17. You didn't criticize me for saying he could be as young as 10 but you criticized me for saying he could be as old as 17. Go into our rural areas, especially our Nigerian villages and see kids with stunted growth. They are strong but they never grow big enough probably because they eat cassava all day. You have your mind fixated at 14 but I insist that boy could be 10, 11,12, 13,14, 15,16,or 17. Today he might be 19 I don't care, he might also be 23 I don't care. There is no evidence for any body's age. Not mri scan, not some sworn affidavit, not even his mother's testimony. In Europe they get a child registered when they are born but not here.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by 8BitGee(m): 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
wayodude:
I like Kelechi and I think he is generally a young guy who has a massive future ahead of him. I am proud he is ours!!

Now back to the 'debate'

Facts:

In 2013 (pre U-17 World Cup kickoff) MRI scans 'confirmed' he was eligible to compete. i.e The experts were satisfied that he was 17 years of age + or - 2yrs. So on this basis in 2013 it is possible he could have been between 15 and 19 yrs old.

The picture shown where he is wearing a Nigeria Football Jersey throws up some confusion. That particular Jersey was designed by Adidas for the Nigerian National teams in 2006. They were used by the Gold Winning 2007 U-17 Team of Yemi Tella which had the likes of Rabiu, Chrisantus, Oseni see that attached pic as proof. Compare the Jersey worn by Nacho and that of 2007 U-17 boys Chrisantus and Rabiu. There are the same abi?

In 2010 (Pre-world cup 2010) the National Team Jersey was still produced by Adidas but it was of a different design. This newer design was issued in 2008. Siasia's U-23s used this Jersey in the Beijing Olymipcs (See attached pic). The Jersey remained unchanged until the 2010 World Cup proper.

So if Kelechi played for a Nigerian team in 2010 he should at the very least have been wearing the same Jersey as the one worn by the 2008 olympic team. However, being that it was an under U-13s team he was playing for it is also possible that 'poor admin' reasons led to his team being given old kit to play in. This is Nigeria.

Conclusion: From the above evidence the worst case Scenario is that Kelechi was 13 yrs old in 2007 which would mean he is 22 yrs old now. Which would then mean he was 19 yrs old when he played the U-17 world cup in 2013, and this would explain why he passed the MRI scan test with the + or - 2 yrs margin.

Thank you.

You can now continue to fight yourselves.

10/10
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by chrisooblog: 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
i have always believed that the manu garba coached u17 team that won the world cup is the youngest set we produced and closest to true under 17s. on iheanacho in particular simply go to FIFAs site and check his declared height in the u17 tournament in 2013 against his current height and size. his growth looks to me a natural progression of a teenager so i have no reason to doubt his age. the only comma for me is if the picture was truly taken in 2010 because of the type kit worn. even assuming the worst he looked between 10-13 years in that picture so if we say the picture was snapped in 2007 (based on the kit worn) simple addition would make his current age at best 19 or at worst 22. as for that naij article many factors determine a players longevity age is not necessarily the only determinant
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by babajay69: 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

So you mean he was 16-18 in the first pic, By 18, most teenagers has stopped growing..

Guy fear God!!!

You mind am. People just enjoy pulling others down. Kelechi is truly the age he claims to be and if they keep beefing it's their problem.
Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by sportfolder: 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
julioralph:

Oga simply produce 10 students who went to the same high school with him, and the case is settled!!

hes a good player tho smiley

This age issue of a thing is a serious issue o,even the white player too are reducing their age.we should always support our player #supportmadeinnigeria# and that is what we do at Naijabet to support you .
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by nkemdi89(f): 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

And Yahaya, Mohammed, Alampasu, Okon are all Ibo boys from Imo State. Na wa.
Don't misquote me, I didn't say all.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
nkemdi89:

Don't misquote me, I didn't say all.

You said in the whole U17, only Nwakali used his real age. Not true because you do not know all of them to ascertain that.

the only player in that under 17 contigent that used his actual age was nwakali.

Followed by because their Ibo boys from your state. Say the one you know or the one you born.

If you believe Nwakali used his real age, there were a lot more in that U17.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by julioralph(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
zicky:
Oga what are you waiting for, start looking for them. I no get work na to begin drag someone's age na me born am ?
grin grin grin
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by nkemdi89(f): 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You said in the whole U17, only Nwakali used his real age. Not true because you do not know all of them to ascertain that.

the only player in that under 17 contigent that used his actual age was nwakali.

Followed by because their Ibo boys from your state. Say the one you know or the one you born.

If you believe Nwakali used his real age, there were a lot more in that U17.
Why do most of you always attach tribalism to issues? It will interest you to know I am not even from the east, for the fact I am close to them and always like and appreciate doesn't make me a tribalist, I can authoritatively tell you that it was a privilege to be among the people who welcomed our boys back from Abuja after the tournament and we had one on one interaction with all of them from the east.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
nkemdi89:

Why do most of you always attach tribalism to issues? It will interest you to know I am not even from the east, for the fact I am close to them and always like and appreciate doesn't make me a tribalist, I can authoritatively tell you that it was a privilege to be among the people who welcomed our boys back from Abuja after the tournament and we had one on one interaction with all of them from the east.

This has nothing to do with Tribalism. I am simply saying that your claim is fictitious. How can you say only one player used his real age. You are not sure.

If you believe Chidebere's age was real, there are others. Telling me you interacted with those from the east does not prove you know the ages of all the players.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
nkemdi89:

You are sure of Chidebere Nwakali using his real age because you know him. You are not sure of others because you do not know them.

People have come on this forum to defend some of them. Some said they watched them grow. Defend the one you know and let those who are sure of theirs defend theirs.

That is all I am saying. Nothing related to Tribalism.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by rabzy: 6:42am On Jun 02, 2016
ddippset:
that's the hypocrisy in people like you, Nigerians like you. I was even being very open minded by saying between 10 to 17. You didn't criticize me for saying he could be as young as 10 but you criticized me for saying he could be as old as 17. Go into our rural areas, especially our Nigerian villages and see kids with stunted growth. They are strong but they never grow big enough probably because they eat cassava all day. You have your mind fixated at 14 but I insist that boy could be 10, 11,12, 13,14, 15,16,or 17. Today he might be 19 I don't care, he might also be 23 I don't care. There is no evidence for any body's age. Not mri scan, not some sworn affidavit, not even his mother's testimony. In Europe they get a child registered when they are born but not here.

There is no hypocrisy there. You don't see a lot of kids like that who are 17 years even in the village, yes a few perhaps. We still go to the villages, our fathers and uncles were from the villages they were not stunted. We served NYSC in villages, it would only be rare to see a 17 years old of the height, fresh face like that of kelechi. Such kid would not have the energy to play at that level. Also when you are stunted at 17, 18, 19, you are stunted for life.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by ddippset(m): 6:53am On Jun 02, 2016
rabzy:

There is no hypocrisy there. You don't see a lot of kids like that who are 17 years even in the village, yes a few perhaps. We still go to the villages, our fathers and uncles were from the villages they were not stunted. We served NYSC in villages, it would only be rare to see a 17 years old of the height, fresh face like that of kelechi. Such kid would not have the energy to play at that level. Also when you are stunted at 17, 18, 19, you are stunted for life.
the hypocrisy here is where you disagree with me saying he could be 17 but agree with me saying he could be 10. Just 10! normally can a 10 year old be like that? that's the hypocrisy.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by ddippset(m): 6:55am On Jun 02, 2016
rabzy:

you are wrong, there are a lot of 17 year olds like that. simple!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by safarigirl(f): 7:14am On Jun 02, 2016
ddippset:
you are wrong, there are a lot of 17 year olds like that. simple!
NOBODY below 5 ft. 5" at 17 can grow to the heigh of 6 ft. 1" in 5 years or so.

It is not biologically possible. Better stick to your jersey argument and stop trying to convince right-thinking members of society that a 17-year old that small can suddenly get taller by up to 7 inches

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by ddippset(m): 9:41am On Jun 02, 2016
safarigirl:
NOBODY below 5 ft. 5" at 17 can grow to the heigh of 6 ft. 1" in 5 years or so.

It is not biologically possible. Better stick to your jersey argument and stop trying to convince right-thinking members of society that a 17-year old that small can suddenly get taller by up to 7 inches
you can take your logic and shove it up your 'you know what' . boys grow fastest and mature rapidly between the ages of 16 and 21/22, when they grow a lot of beards. did you skip your biology classes or what? now let me address your mathematics. Do you mean to tell me that a boy cannot grow 7 inches taller in 5 years? 5 years? do you know what 7 inches is at all? 7 inches is just a little more than my biro. a boy cannot grow 7 inches in 5 years? common woman!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by safarigirl(f): 11:30am On Jun 02, 2016
ddippset:
you can take your logic and shove it up your 'you know what' . boys grow fastest and mature rapidly between the ages of 16 and 21/22, when they grow a lot of beards. did you skip your biology classes or what? now let me address your mathematics. Do you mean to tell me that a boy cannot grow 7 inches taller in 5 years? 5 years? do you know what 7 inches is at all? 7 inches is just a little more than my biro. a boy cannot grow 7 inches in 5 years? common woman!
bros, growing beards is not the same as height. My younger brother at 17 was at least 5 ft 8"...I have never seen a 17-year old that short that grew up to 6 ft 1".....NEVER

So once again, stick to your jersey argument or shut your ignorant trap

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by ddippset(m): 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2016
safarigirl:
bros, growing beards is not the same as height. My younger brother at 17 was at least 5 ft 8"...I have never seen a 17-year old that short that grew up to 6 ft 1".....NEVER

So once again, stick to your jersey argument or shut your ignorant trap
how many 17 year olds in África are as tall as 5'8? I put it to you that you are lying about your brother. by the way I never categorically said the guy was definitely 17, I tried to be as open and as neutral as possible by saying he was surely between 10 and 17, leaving a wide margin for error. but you guys accepted the 10 years part but refused to accept the 17 years part. it either you're way too hypocritical or you're playing God. and finally is it the same Iheanacho who plays for Manchester city you are calling 6 ft 1 or another Iheanacho? Iheanacho that is barely taller than aguero? Iheanacho is about 5 ft 9 can never be more. do you know that even Vincent kompany is barely 6 ft 1? do you even know the Vincent kompany sef? abeg go and cook iam done with you.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by gibzzhd: 7:05pm On Jun 02, 2016
LouisVanGaal:
This pix CAN'T be in 2010 na..that particular jersey was done by addidas in 2006..@ most d pix is 2007..again, check out dat man's suit...it looks way below 2010
A good thinker here.I did my project defence in 2010.by then we had better jackets.that's surely not 2010.its around 2006-08.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by Segadem(m): 11:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
Forzap:

Na dat one I go carry put for head

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by gazmann(m): 7:12pm On Jun 09, 2016
Hello height sayers . quit
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation by smile11s(m): 12:09am On Mar 07, 2021
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Honduras: Rio 2016 Olympics 3rd Place (3 - 2) On 20th August 2016 / Kelechi Iheanacho Wore Igbo Cap To Leicester City Vs Swansea Game / Photos Of The 3-Bedroom Apartment Chioma Ajunwa Got From Lagos Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.