Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) (46586 Views)

4-Year-Old Girl Suffers Nephrotic Syndrome In Kaduna. Photo / Amina Ibrahim Dies Of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Kano After Taking Septrin / Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) Is In Nigeria, Kills One, Another Hospitalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by Michaeluzomam(m): 2:58am On Jun 01, 2016

According to a Twitter user https://mobile.twitter.com/nazirgaladanchi/status/737550463210389504 who shared the photo on social media, a woman has fallen victim to Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) in Katsina State, after taking Septrin Sulphamethoxazole tablet as the adverse drug reaction turned her to black.

"This is why self medication is usually not recommended. If you report a reaction at a hospital , it is usually written in BOLD in front of ur hospital file so subsequently, no one would prescribe that drug to you.

"Some of us are not told and we don't ask questions at the hospital so we don't know. Next thing we are ill and self medicated and go ahead to get that same drug we react to, unknowingly. Drug use awareness needs serious promotion!," an Instagram user commented on the viral photo.

>>https://uzopedia./2016/06/01/shocking-adverse-drug-reaction-see-what-happened-to-a-lady-after-taking-septrin-in-katsina/
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by chriskosherbal(m): 3:03am On Jun 01, 2016
What!! Are you serious?
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by asadike(f): 3:07am On Jun 01, 2016
Oh my God! pls people, self medication is bad , see a doc as soon as u notice any strange ailment.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by meezynetwork(m): 3:37am On Jun 01, 2016
self medication is cheap but very dangerous. Well you cant blame people that engage in that cos of the economic situation coupled with the fact that we have shortage of health workers.

3 Likes

Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by SuperSupremo(m): 4:40am On Jun 01, 2016
Warrisdis

Too scary and horrible

May God the best Healer heal her

AMEN!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by princefunmmy(m): 4:41am On Jun 01, 2016
Mehn, I just thought of getting septrin for this my catarrh o. Is septrin now a risk to take again?
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by Aromas: 4:43am On Jun 01, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Warrisdis

Too scary and horrible

May God the best Healer heal her

AMEN!!!
Amin o
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by DIKEnaWAR: 4:52am On Jun 01, 2016
Seriously terrible!

The doctors we have here don't even go through your medical history to know if you react to anything. They administer the drugs and wait for the reactions. If adverse, they deny you and cry that their enemies are using you to pull them down.

Let us situate this problem properly; it is not Septrin that did this to her, but a component in the drug. People will start avoiding Septrin now, while they continue taking other brands with that same component that a lot might react to. It is high time we begin to evaluate drugs on their chemical composition and not brand.

It is normal to hear people say "Beecham ampiclux is the best". This is because they think a drug is all about brand and not composition. Let our pharmacists/doctors begin to dispense drugs on the basis of their chemical content one after the other and not what it seeks to cure.

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by agogoeyo3: 5:18am On Jun 01, 2016
Happy New Month Nairalanders and Happy Birthday to me..... DIVINE HEALING FOR HER IJN!!!

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by Behira(f): 5:33am On Jun 01, 2016
ENDTIME SEPTRIN shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by Baawaa(m): 5:45am On Jun 01, 2016
Maybe,she used septrin of witches and wizards grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by sprinter101(m): 5:48am On Jun 01, 2016
agogoeyo3:
Happy New Month Nairalanders and Happy
Birthday to me.....
DIVINE HEALING FOR HER IJN!!!

Happy bday to u

2 Likes

Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 01, 2016
Self medication can kill. It's also important to know what kind of drugs a doctor has prescribed especially if you react negatively to certain foods. Doctors are not perfect.
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by babdap: 5:59am On Jun 01, 2016
In fact most cases I checked for possible adverse effect of some drugs before taking it.
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by phrankjay: 6:00am On Jun 01, 2016
there is this sense of pride everyone feels if you had a medical condition and a quack tells you to take a particular drug and you reply saying " don't bother, let me go see my doctor he is well trained equipped knowledgeable and friendly" But then how many Nigerians can afford to say that. the economy is now endangered . health insurance scheme is either reserved for the high and mighty or just non functional, doctors and nurses can be so rude that their words at times can destroy another's self esteem. delay in medical attendance can bring death before one is attended to. like I have actually gone to a federal hospital and it took like 2 hours to get my card. YES THEY STILL USE CARDS FOR THE THOUSANDS OF PATIENTS IN THIS COMPUTER AGE. so don't blame me when I take the short cut. if it kills me I died for my country.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by dyadeleye(m): 6:14am On Jun 01, 2016
More reason I don't trust tablets....local herbs to take over!!!
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 01, 2016
shocked
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by pendusky(m): 6:44am On Jun 01, 2016
Eje ti Jesu! Ran O Baba.
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by mirob(f): 7:21am On Jun 01, 2016
Na wow, self medication is indeed dangerous.
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 01, 2016
I dont take drugs anyhow...even paracetamol dey hard me to take.

1 Like

Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by prettymina(f): 7:37am On Jun 01, 2016
Naturaly some people react to septrin in one or the other,in this case she must have taken septrin when it is not needed.. self medications kills more faster than some ailments..we should all be careful

1 Like

Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:26am On Jun 01, 2016
nawa see as outside looks like imagine how the inside will look like I hope she recover
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by greatness22(m): 8:54am On Jun 01, 2016
k
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by amoduganja: 8:54am On Jun 01, 2016
v
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by MadCow1: 8:55am On Jun 01, 2016
Gaddamn!!
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by Funbii(m): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2016
Not trying to be tribalistic but Hausa people dem e just get as e be for them

3 Likes

Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 01, 2016
shii

#grabsHypo
Re: Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) by Onyenna(m): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2016
Daayyuuummmm........

I can only wish her a quick recovery.......This is so damn scary!......Chooiii

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away / Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt / Man Jumps Into Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.