Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,704 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Today Is World Milk Day - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Today Is World Milk Day (708 Views)

Peak Milk And Dano Milk Battle Each Other On Twitter. See What Happened / Tin Milk In Nigeria Vs Tin Milk Abroad: Canada Based Nigerian Man Bemoan (photo) / Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is World Milk Day by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 01, 2016
Since the first World Milk Day was held in 2001, many countries spread throughout the world have participated in the celebrations and the number is growing each year.

Why hold a World Milk Day? The Day provides an opportunity to focus attention on milk and to publicise activities connected with milk and the milk industry. The fact that many countries choose to do this on the same day lends additional importance to individual national celebrations and shows that milk is a global food.

Where did it begin? FAO (the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations) was asked to propose a specific day on which all aspects of milk could be celebrated.

Why 1st June? This date was chosen because a number of countries were already celebrating a national milk day on or around this time. Late May was originally proposed, but some countries, for example China, felt they already had too many celebrations in that month. While most countries hold their celebrations on 1st June, some choose to hold them a week or so before or after this date.

Let us know how you celebrate the 

16th WORLD MILK DAY
June 1, 2016

God Bless Dairy Farmers
God Bless Food Scientists and Technologists
God Bless All Consumers of Milk
And of course, God Bless FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc who gave me the opportunity to undergo my 6 months Industrial Training few years ago.
Re: Today Is World Milk Day by brunofarad(m): 6:11am On Jun 01, 2016
Which one is milk day again grin
Re: Today Is World Milk Day by ladyF(f): 6:15am On Jun 01, 2016
B.milk is still da best. Give him b.milk today for healthy living... grin

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Milk Day by sparkle4you(f): 6:20am On Jun 01, 2016
OK. Where is my milk oo
Re: Today Is World Milk Day by oriosan: 6:28am On Jun 01, 2016
The Best!!! grin

Re: Today Is World Milk Day by giga02(m): 7:45am On Jun 01, 2016
Hmmm.....I need to suck my milk
Re: Today Is World Milk Day by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 01, 2016
oriosan:
The Best!!! grin

Seriously laughing at the advantages of breast milk
Re: Today Is World Milk Day by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
Milk is a complete food which is composed of Carbohydrate (lactose), protein (in form of casein and whey), fats, minerals, vitamin, water and other bioactive substance. Exclusive breastfeeding is HIGHLY recommended for babies in the first 6 months of life as milk contains all they need for sustaining life including colostrum which helps immunity.

Whoever has not tasted milk has not tasted life.

(1) (Reply)

24 Valuable Kitchen Tips / Triple Slow Cooker Sale At Micostar Mall / Anambra State Rice Now Selling For #9000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.