Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET (1840 Views)

Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications / C# Vs C++ Game Programming / Python Vs C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET by Jeffflo: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2016
After e-dabbling with HTML/CSS and Javascript, I will like to pick up a programming language instead of just a scripting language. Paring down my options down to enterprise Java and C# .NET, I am stymied as to which I should work through. Experts in both fields, could you please show me the way especially in today's job(?) market.
Re: Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET by Cooldude68(m): 7:36am On Jun 02, 2016
One of the things you consider when choosing a programming language is the popularity so that when you run into issues, you'll easily get help. But the two have been around for quite sometime, so in terms of how popular they're, I can say they're on the same level.
Their syntax looks alike and they're both object-oriented, so I'll advise you to just close your eyes and pick one.
Remember, in programming what matters most is "how vast you're" i.e "what you can make of" whichever programming language you choose to go with.
No programming language is superior to another.
Re: Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 02, 2016
Both are fraternal twins. You learn one is like learning the other. But C# looks very goodlooking while java is more muscular.
Re: Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET by mexzony: 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
Close your eyes and pick one .what is important is mastering the fundamentals of programming.
Once you do that whatever language you pick up will be easier to learn.
although c# is just generally on the whole better engineered than java grin grin
Re: Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET by Jeffflo: 9:47pm On Jun 03, 2016
Thanks guys. Following your pieces of advice, I have entered the world C# .net. Thank y'all once again.
Re: Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
welcome man to the .net world. You won't regret it.
Re: Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET by mexzony: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2016
Jeffflo:

Thanks guys. Following your pieces of advice, I have entered the world C# .net. Thank y'all once again.
In that case get this books fundamentals of computer programming with c# by svetlin nakov.
Google it up.

1 Like

Re: Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET by Jeffflo: 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
Noted. I have wrox beginning visual c# 2012 right now. Sounds good?
Re: Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET by mexzony: 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
Jeffflo:
Noted. I have wrox beginning visual c# 2012 right now. Sounds good?
That's is good but trust be you will also wnt to read the above book it also deals with data structures and algorithms and also teaching you how to think like a programmer.
Re: Enterprise Java Vs C# .NET by Jeffflo: 11:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
You've been kind. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Creating Best Programming Tutorials For Africans - Need Feedback / How To Resolve Identity Verification Failed 3 Times On Google Adsense Account / Programmers: Do You Memorize/cram Your Codes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.