Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

How Far With The New Phcn Meters? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Far With The New Phcn Meters? (3552 Views)

Osun State New Phcn Boss Cut Off Power Supply / A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) / New PHCN Prepaid Metre Who Bears The Cost, Landlord Or Tenant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by ObaMan(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2006
Na wah o!
How long does it take to use a #5000 card?
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by Christino(m): 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2006
It depends o, if you have a pumping machine, an A/C, a deep freezer and some power consuming devices, you could end up tearing the card apart within 25 days.

But if it's a normal 3 bedroom flat, that should take you for at least 75 days or more.

tip is: switch off all devices whenever they are not needed, like unplug your microwave, electric iron, electric stoves, and switch off bulbs and appliances when they are not in use.

power consuming devices are usually electric devices like iron, kettle, ring boiler, heater and other heavy stuffs, they usually should not be left on or used for too long/unnecessarily.
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by hayprof(m): 12:31am On Nov 24, 2006
Hey! Tell me about it. undecided
Where is it being used. Or u using it now? shocked
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by ide(m): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2006
i've been using the pre paid meter for over 2 years.
its pretty cool, at least we dont get those ridiculous bills NEPA used to send.
only down side [for now] is that the prepaid meters dont guarantee 24/7 power.
you still get your same old eratic power.

and the #5000 cards actually last a long time, cant really give a period-- but its really good.
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by bamdil(m): 9:01am On Nov 24, 2006
I've been using this meter for sometime now, i'll say it is pretty good for those who doesn't consume electricity as such. But if u are of they type that switch on all electronic appliances ind house take for instance fridge, television and others, I'm sorry ooooo angry, this type is not meant for u, b'cos u will be buying 2 or even 3 of the card within a month.
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by palabest: 10:42am On Nov 24, 2006
Honestly, I would rather buy one or more cards in a month (ie pay for what I use) rather than have NEPA or PHCoN or whatever disturb me with unread meter bills and threat of disconnection when I refuse to pay.
And another good side is that people will learn how to unplug electrical items when not needed. The new meter is the way to go!
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by Seun(m): 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2006
And another good side is that people will learn how to unplug electrical items when not needed.
Exactly. I have told people in the past that electricity supply is not "insufficient" in Nigeria, just underpriced.
Now that people are being made to pay for what they consume, things will start geting better.
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by hayprof(m): 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2006
only down side [for now] is that the prepaid meters don't guarantee 24/7 power.
you still get your same old eratic power.

Oh! I See shocked. So there is no difference then angry cool
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by ObaMan(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2006
I have a 3 fridges, 6 air conditioners, three televisions, 4 fans, 1 washing machine, 2 electric cookers and a pumping machine, How much do u think i can conveniently use in a month? and most of them are used during the evenings.
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by frankiriri(m): 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2006
@ Obaman
My guy you go pay thru ur nose o.
Im considering getting one of those meters. I don tire for NEPA erratic bills.
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by robby1(m): 10:24pm On Nov 24, 2006
It is not too different from the old nepa billing sytem. Its just a case of which one suits u most. If u are in a house where there are many teenagers/youth, i advice u use the old billing plan cos but if u are sure u can economise and remember to switch all those power consuming appliances off before u sleep or leave the house, then this new one is for you.

ObaMan:

I have a 3 fridges, 6 air conditioners, three televisions, 4 fans, 1 washing machine, 2 electric cookers and a pumping machine, How much do u think i can conveniently use in a month? and most of them are used during the evenings.
I advice u stick to the old plan, or else u will end up consuming more than 3 cards in a month
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by hayprof(m): 1:19pm On Nov 25, 2006
I have a 3 fridges, 6 air conditioners, three televisions, 4 fans, 1 washing machine, 2 electric cookers and a pumping machine, How much do u think i can conveniently use in a month? and most of them are used during the evenings. Huh Huh Huh

Lol! Then U dont need it.
Just stick to the Old billing System.
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by echowords(m): 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2006
Men ! i feel sorry for u guys where i stay we dont pay electrical bills,water or any bill at all.and we still get an average of 12hrs electricity.
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by Seun(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2006
So why won't there be a perennial "undersupply" of electricity in Nigeria?
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by ObaMan(m): 8:17am On Nov 27, 2006
@ Seun

No be so o!
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by Kajiang02(m): 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2006
da best 4 learned ones
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:45pm On Nov 28, 2006
Seun, which ever way you put it. electricty in nigeria is still very low! it shouldnt be a luxury whereby only those that can afford it get it 24/7!

the meter is a very good idea though, i wonder why it is not everywhere
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by Christino(m): 12:25am On Nov 29, 2006
LoverBwoy:

Seun, which ever way you put it. electricty in nigeria is still very low! it shouldnt be a luxury whereby only those that can afford it get it 24/7!

the meter is a very good idea though, i wonder why it is not everywhere

Are you ready to pay on behalf of those who can't afford it? If they don't pay for what they use, then who will?

Like your mobile connectivity, you can't afford it you can't make calls 24/7, simple! That's why the QoS is fairly okay and the owners are raking in billions, no erratic service, more bonanzas and stuffs.

Pay as you go.
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by Seun(m): 8:42am On Nov 29, 2006
No matter how much electricity is generated, if many people are getting it for free, it will never be enough.
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by alarinka(m): 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2006
yes, we are slowly but surely getting to the era of cash-free transactions,
am sure things are getting better, no more funny bills to settle,no more NEPA staff being treated for dog bites and no more stress at PHCN pay offices,
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by Danoe(m): 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2006
Will this actually stop the perpetual power failure in the country especially the in the rural communities.
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by Bigtee(m): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2006
The pre-paid meter is good because this is accountable. that is, u use the amount you load. N5k can last a month if u use a fridge-freezer,pumping machine and even iron and toaster but u can also conserve energy by switching off you light when u leave the house.
Its a good step in the right directions.
But tell PHCN to stop "blackout" cos since we pay ahead for the power we use it should be regular.
Re: How Far With The New Phcn Meters? by Kitomania(m): 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2012
In my own case the PHCN staff in my Area they don`t have prepaid meters in stock and they don`t want the World Bank Assisted Prepaid meters, even when i installed it they came and disconnect it..... am force to stick to the old chaw-chawa estimated billings which has once came written in pen, now am paying Five Thousand (N5,000) Naira a month and i had only one TV set, Fridge, two fans and four bulbs..... i leave alone and stay at home only in the night or weekends if i didn`t travelled....

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Gun And Ammunition Lovers... Gun/weapon Encyclopedia / Please Help Me With The Title And Singer Of This Old Schools Naija Musics Please / Fisher Man Who Killed A Giant Sea Lion In Rivers, Celebrated ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.