Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:58 AM

Understanding The World Of Insecticide For Successful Vegetable Biz (part Two) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Understanding The World Of Insecticide For Successful Vegetable Biz (part Two) (921 Views)

Insecticide for Army Worm For Sale / Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate / Understanding The World Of Insecticide For Successful Vegetable Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding The World Of Insecticide For Successful Vegetable Biz (part Two) by hybridveggies(m): 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD OF INSECTICIDE FOR VEGETABLE PRODUCTION (Part two)
– A KEY TO A MILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS –
Welcome back friends and welcome to part two of this article. In case you haven’t read part one, please CHECK MY PROFILE to have the foundation knowledge of insecticide and some terminologies used in this part two. Have you bought an insecticide since you read the part one of this article? Well, if yes, I hope you find the knowledge gotten from the article useful. In this part we would be looking at the following topics and I hope you would equally find them helpful:
1. Best spraying time
2. Spraying pattern
3. Dosage rate (measurement)
4. Pre-harvest interval/Re-entry period
5. Safety measures during usage

THE BEST SPRAYING TIME
Do you think you can spray anytime of the day? Not really if you want to avoid killing or arming your vegetables or the beneficiary insects. You mostly heard people say it is good to spray early in the morning before sun rises. Yes, they are correct and also incorrect. Funny! It all boils down to what particular insecticide you are using and what vegetable you cultivate. Let’s take a look at it from two angles
- From beneficiary insects angle
If you are using a BROADSPECTRUM insecticide and you cultivate vegetable crops like tomato, cucumber, pepper etc that require pollination to fruit (though it could be self-pollination in hybrid varieties), then spraying early in the morning isn’t advisable unless you want to kill a thousand bees which might visit your farm to help you in pollination. Bees are mostly active in the morning. So, if it is broad-spectrum insecticide, shift your spraying to late afternoon. Even if you are cultivating leafy veggies like cabbage, lettuce etc that don’t need bees at all, please still be kind to mother nature – SPARE our bees!
On the other hand, NARROW-SPECTRUM insecticide can be used early in the morning; they are designed to spare some insects among which bees (and other beneficiary insects) fall.
- From plant injury angle
Spraying your vegetable crops during A SUNNY day might hurt them. It causes the crop to loss water to the environment quickly than usual and also causes burning particularly of tender leaves. However, on a cloudy day which you would experience many times during this wet season, you are good to go.

SPRAYING PATTERN
Have you sprayed before? Do you know that for a crop to effectively use the insecticide (most importantly for pesticide with SYSTEMIC MODE OF ACTION), you must spray the under leaves and the stems. Why? The holes (called stoma, lenticels) through which gases and liquid fume enter the leaves are found under the leaf surface. So, spraying only...IF YOU ARE ENJOYING THIS ARTICLE, PLEASE VISIT www.hybridveggies.com FOR THE REST AND OTHER INTERESTING YET EDUCATIVE ARTICLES THAT WOULD MAKE YOU A SUCCESS IN VEGETABLE BUSINESS.

Re: Understanding The World Of Insecticide For Successful Vegetable Biz (part Two) by hybridveggies(m): 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hello house, we would test your knowledge of accurate measurement of dosage rate for insecticide in part 3 of this article. Thanks
Re: Understanding The World Of Insecticide For Successful Vegetable Biz (part Two) by hybridveggies(m): 4:33am On Jun 02, 2016
Hello friends, Please don't go into vegetable farming thinking everything would happen by chance. Learn at least the basic. Go through our articles for free on NL and by visiting www.hybridveggies.com YOU WON'T REGRET IT I PROMISED. Nobody told us all these for free when we started.
Re: Understanding The World Of Insecticide For Successful Vegetable Biz (part Two) by jimbod19: 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
Great piece! Looking out for others from yours
Re: Understanding The World Of Insecticide For Successful Vegetable Biz (part Two) by Toptech: 11:17pm On Jun 02, 2016
my oga well done ooo
Re: Understanding The World Of Insecticide For Successful Vegetable Biz (part Two) by jimbod19: 5:40am On Jun 03, 2016
You are welcome Sir
Re: Understanding The World Of Insecticide For Successful Vegetable Biz (part Two) by Toptech: 5:47am On Jun 03, 2016
did you know me
Re: Understanding The World Of Insecticide For Successful Vegetable Biz (part Two) by Toptech: 5:48am On Jun 03, 2016
I need this your materials
Re: Understanding The World Of Insecticide For Successful Vegetable Biz (part Two) by hybridveggies(m): 6:07am On Jun 03, 2016
Well, I don't know you Sir . For now, you enjoy the best tips on vegetable production techniques through our blog www,hybridveggies.com and other host of free learning opportunities. However, in a short while we offer e-books for sales on comprehensive business plan on many veggies including the financial analysis among others. Thanks
Toptech:
I need this your materials

(1) (Reply)

Cashew Nut Drying Machine / Two Acres Of Agricultural Farmland For Lease At Ajerogun/igbesa In Ogun State. / Raw Cashew Nut, Groundnut, Palm Oil And Soya Beans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.