Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

MTN Will Never Change - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Will Never Change (995 Views)

MTN Will Not Stop Stealing My Money!!!!!! / See How MTN Will Help You Swap Your Old Phone For New One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Will Never Change by shogz89: 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
On Sunday, I went for a retreat and later in the evening I needed to make a very urgent call, with little or no fund on my line i decided to purchase a #100 airtime. After loading the card I decided to make the call but was getting the beeping sound that signifies not reachable. Tried couple more times and still the same, decided to wait for some time by then it was already dark. Tried calling other numbers but the same response persist, out of curiosity I reluctantly decide to check my balance and to my surprise not a single kobo was left on my account.
Called the customer care to complain and the representative told me I have been charged for a value added tariff of which I never subscribe and don't even know the service it renders thereafter apologising that my money is gone. I further took a step to complaints on their what'sapp contact aand they told me the same thing and that they can't find the records of the subscription when I also them what the service was all about.
They also told me the service has been on my line for weeks, I begin to wonder when mtn became so generous that they will wair for weeks after subscribing before they deduct their service charge and for the records am a prepaid customer meaning I get to pay before services are rendered.
Up until now I haven't received a message telling me have been subscribed to a service as they normally do, up until now I haven't seen or received any message on sport, health, entertainment etc. that shows that there is an active value added services on my line. They have been deducting airtime on my line from time immemorial but have kept my cool simply because the amount was minute and this case wasn't different, but if am to quantify it in respect of the urgency I needed it at that particular time then I will say it's very significant. Now I can't load on that line cos I don't know what they might come up with.
The NCC need to look into the matter of service providers especially MTN. Since they have been slammed the fine, the subscribers have been the one to pay for it through illegal charges.

Lalasticlala

Re: MTN Will Never Change by hahn(m): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
MTN - Manage The Network tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Will Never Change by JideSM: 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2016
shogz89:
On Sunday, I went for a retreat and later in the evening I needed to make a very urgent call, with little or no fund on my line i decided to purchase a #100 airtime. After loading the card I decided to make the call but was getting the beeping sound that signifies not reachable. Tried couple more times and still the same, decided to wait for some time by then it was already dark. Tried calling other numbers but the same response persist, out of curiosity I reluctantly decide to check my balance and to my surprise not a single kobo was left on my account.
Called the customer care to complain and the representative told me I have been charged for a value added tariff of which I never subscribe and don't even know the service it renders thereafter apologising that my money is gone. I further took a step to complaints on their what'sapp contact aand they told me the same thing and that they can't find the records of the subscription when I also them what the service was all about.
They also told me the service has been on my line for weeks, I begin to wonder when mtn became so generous that they will wair for weeks after subscribing before they deduct their service charge and for the records am a prepaid customer meaning I get to pay before services are rendered.
Up until now I haven't received a message telling me have been subscribed to a service as they normally do, up until now I haven't seen or received any message on sport, health, entertainment etc. that shows that there is an active value added services on my line. They have been deducting airtime on my line from time immemorial but have kept my cool simply because the amount was minute and this case wasn't different, but if am to quantify it in respect of the urgency I needed it at that particular time then I will say it's very significant. Now I can't load on that line cos I don't know what they might come up with.
The NCC need to look into the matter of service providers especially MTN. Since they have been slammed the fine, the subscribers have been the one to pay for it through illegal charges.

Lalasticlala
Hello shogz89, am so sorry about this experience. I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer Care Thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this could be resolved promptly. I will also appreciate if you can send me your mobile number via PM and the date of deduction to enable me assist. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards
Re: MTN Will Never Change by shogz89: 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
JideSM:
Hello shogz89, am so sorry about this experience. I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer Care Thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this could be resolved promptly. I will also appreciate if you can send me your mobile number via PM and the date of deduction to enable me assist. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards
Thanks my number is on one of the screenshot I sent and the event happened on Sunday 29th of May 2016.
Re: MTN Will Never Change by miraclewonders: 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2016
Eayaah sorry. Hopefully now it has been exposed, you might get a refund.

I usually get FREE AIRTIME using the MyAds App. The airtime can be used for data subscriptions, sms and calls.

Download the MyAds App from playstore and use the referral code NIGAIRTIME when signing up and get some instant reward. You can also pm for hints and tips to accumulate points on it.
Re: MTN Will Never Change by JideSM: 1:56am On Jun 03, 2016
shogz89:
Thanks my number is on one of the screenshot I sent and the event happened on Sunday 29th of May 2016.

The issue you reported has been resolved and service deactivated from your line. Kindly feel free to contact the https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ for any other issue for prompt resolution. Sincere apologies.
Re: MTN Will Never Change by shogz89: 6:04am On Jun 03, 2016
JideSM:

The issue you reported has been resolved and service deactivated from your line. Kindly feel free to contact the https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ for any other issue for prompt resolution. Sincere apologies.
buh my airtime wasn't refunded.

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 5s Vs Xperia Z2 Your Opinions Needed / Blocking and destroying a stolen phone / Injoo Mobile Has Just Announced Innjoo X2, Full Specification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.